Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759171 times)
eddienova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:03:27 AM

Draft media release for community consultation

CryptoCurrency Association Condemns Canadian Government's bitcoin approach

The WhiteCoin Foundation must express its deep concern at the Canadian Government's recent moves regarding bitcoin. These provisions hidden deep within Bill C-31 are being implemented without consulting the industry they impact. This sends a clear message to an industry that holds great potential to Canadian Tech markets: your needs don't matter to us.

Chris Salsman, President of the WhiteCoin Foundation, feels this signals the Harper Government's lack of competency when it comes to bitcoin.

"I think it demonstrates how misinformed they are. There was no public discussion. No consultation with industry partners. We're looking for Canada to be a leader in welcoming cryptocurrency as a viable alternative for online value transfer. But this move demonstrates very clearly that the health of the cryptocurrency industry in Canada is irrelevant to the government. They're stuck in an old mindset, implying bitcoin is only used for money laundering when nothing could be further from the truth."

The WhiteCoin Foundation believes money laundering is of serious concern to the industry, and should in fact be made more difficult by the transparent nature of cryptocurrency's fundamental concepts. Had the industry been consulted, their efforts could have been bolstered. But by excluding industry from the process they risk sending a chill through the markets, and chasing away investors.

Mr. Salsman believes this short sighted approach needs to change.  

"Cryptocurrency holds great potential for the Canadian economy, our industry is desperate for skilled technical labour. But if this trend of non-discussion continues we'll see all this potential business move offshore like in so many other cases. Why they haven't considered that remains an open question."

For further information please contact:

[insert information here]

Fighting the good fight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ownski

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:21:44 AM

The block explorer and distribution list are down  Huh

502 Bad Gateway

http://www.richlist.eu/whitecoin

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:23:39 AM

iam suprised this coin is still even listed anywhere, bugger all volume. guess the dead cat had its last bounce.
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:39:44 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 02:52:31 AM by CryptoSEO

iam suprised this coin is still even listed anywhere, bugger all volume. guess the dead cat had its last bounce.
Roll Eyes uhuh erm yah sure  Roll Eyes

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:51:27 AM

The block explorer and distribution list are down  Huh

502 Bad Gateway

http://explorer.whitecoinfoundation.org/ works just fine, explore away Smiley

Rich List - messaged dev, when he wakes up he will resolve it.

blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:25:59 AM

Well thats great news guys!
Another step forward and adding real world validity is not only good for WC but cryptos, it may not alter prices in some giant spike but that's probably a good thing, too much of the pump and dump crypto mentality around and it's great to see an approach which is based on a long term outcome.
Hype is only good if you want coins today, gone tomorrow.
Keep up the good work
Oizopower

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:46:33 AM

The block explorer and distribution list are down  Huh

502 Bad Gateway

Just woke up, it's working again. Thanks for letting me know.
Block Explorer was working fine, just the distribution list gave an error.

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:16:11 AM

Well thats great news guys!
Another step forward and adding real world validity is not only good for WC but cryptos, it may not alter prices in some giant spike but that's probably a good thing, too much of the pump and dump crypto mentality around and it's great to see an approach which is based on a long term outcome.
Hype is only good if you want coins today, gone tomorrow.
Keep up the good work

I sleep well in WC each night Smiley

rod

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:49:38 AM

hmmm. Not sure about that announcement. I am pro whitecoin but we need to be careful about the PR side of it. The market didn't seem to think that was big news Sad (although yes it was important news), this will give future announcements less weight in future. A 'buy now big news coming' is a whiteout whitepaper or something of that nature. Something the market will consider big news.

This is a step in the correct direction and above and beyond what most coins are doing.... but we need to appeal to the crowd. Thinking or even knowing we know better is not enough. We need their support and interest. Give them what they want. WHITEOUT - anon is all the rage right now.

I love the prices like this cause my miner keeps adding to my WC wallet in bundles Shocked

Yes anon, void and other developments are critical and fully in discussions with Dev team atm with (mindfox - CTO WhiteCoin Foundation, Oizopower - Operations WhiteCoin Foundation etc.)  as we are all volunteers it will take some time but we are moving forward with these items carefully, especially considering the complications that anon presents technically.

Becoming a registered foundation is important, not the "wiz bang boom" that most day traders like to feed off of but for someone like myself whom invests in the longterm viability of the community/coin, it makes me quite happy.

Cheers!
Dear Whitecoiners,

After a week someone is mention void idea been discussed. Im very disappointed that WCF dev, or any of you didn’t even response about void idea, just silence. I give you a diamond in the night and rocket fuel to the moon and what I get from WCF? Silence. Nice treatment.

I’m also volunteer as you and I have impression that you don’t appreciate anything that coming out of your circle.

Nevertheless, I’m glad that my idea “been discussed” cause that was my goal. If you properly implement that idea and in time, I will send another one, but in right timing, of course.

Thank you and donations are welcome.
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:14:13 AM

hmmm. Not sure about that announcement. I am pro whitecoin but we need to be careful about the PR side of it. The market didn't seem to think that was big news Sad (although yes it was important news), this will give future announcements less weight in future. A 'buy now big news coming' is a whiteout whitepaper or something of that nature. Something the market will consider big news.

This is a step in the correct direction and above and beyond what most coins are doing.... but we need to appeal to the crowd. Thinking or even knowing we know better is not enough. We need their support and interest. Give them what they want. WHITEOUT - anon is all the rage right now.

I love the prices like this cause my miner keeps adding to my WC wallet in bundles Shocked

Yes anon, void and other developments are critical and fully in discussions with Dev team atm with (mindfox - CTO WhiteCoin Foundation, Oizopower - Operations WhiteCoin Foundation etc.)  as we are all volunteers it will take some time but we are moving forward with these items carefully, especially considering the complications that anon presents technically.

Becoming a registered foundation is important, not the "wiz bang boom" that most day traders like to feed off of but for someone like myself whom invests in the longterm viability of the community/coin, it makes me quite happy.

Cheers!
Dear Whitecoiners,

After a week someone is mention void idea been discussed. Im very disappointed that WCF dev, or any of you didn’t even response about void idea, just silence. I give you a diamond in the night and rocket fuel to the moon and what I get from WCF? Silence. Nice treatment.

I’m also volunteer as you and I have impression that you don’t appreciate anything that coming out of your circle.

Nevertheless, I’m glad that my idea “been discussed” cause that was my goal. If you properly implement that idea and in time, I will send another one, but in right timing, of course.

Void is a great idea and the community continues to talk about it here and with Developers.  Sorry if the communications here hasn't be such that it was accepted or reviewed for deep details about how this could be implemented with WC but I know that this is of very high importance to move on.

I love the idea, WCF forming adds validity to this process (if WCF was to be the entity to do this), this idea (as I understand) currently sits beside the Privacy development discussions.

As you are a volunteer like me, I can appreciate your follow up on this, keeping void alive in the minds of all WC community to pursue and move forward with as a priority of WCF is great! 

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:35:51 PM

Actually, this a milestone in digital currency, not something to be taken lightly.

Ever heard of Emunie? it has been registered for a while now as a legal entity it is no milestone at all. so yeh, no milestone and no big deal to be honest.

http://companies.findthebest.co.uk/l/1006482/Emunie-Ltd-in-London-United-Kingdom

http://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/company/uk/08857374/emunie-ltd/

WC is only about 6 months behind being a milestone and it hasn't been approved, just a request which can easily be rejected.

You register a rock but it won't move on it's own. The Devs here at least are doing something not sitting on their paper..

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Ownski

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:03:06 PM

Don't worry by the time anyone gets around to implementing whiteout or any of the other features WC will be long gone. Still waiting on that updated wallet with the new logo and that big facelift.... Less than 3 Bitcoins until 0 satoshi on mintpal. But hey we registered as a foundation in Canada!  Roll Eyes

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:08:48 PM

Cheers!
Dear Whitecoiners,

I very much like the idea. We need to act on these things though not just discuss Sad

Ownski

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:17:24 PM

Cheers!
Dear Whitecoiners,

I very much like the idea. We need to act on these things though not just discuss Sad

Sorry to break it to you but none of these features will be implemented. We have to face the fact we all got fucked over. There is no dev team, there is no PR or marketing team. The foundation is hoarding its funds in hopes to get rich and not spending them like they are supposed to.

amacar

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:27:30 PM

I am glad that I sold all my WC month ago.
mogonzo

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:42:49 PM

Cheers!
Dear Whitecoiners,

Sorry to break it to you but none of these features will be implemented. We have to face the fact we all got fucked over. There is no dev team, there is no PR or marketing team. The foundation is hoarding its funds in hopes to get rich and not spending them like they are supposed to.

I'm going to be direct here, but this is complete nonsense.

We have been very careful in how we spend the foundation funds, unlike other teams. This is our entire budget for the operation of the coin and we have a responsibility to the community to spend it wisely. We have issued a bounties list, and have used the funds to have games, tipbots, videos, and more.

This is a community coin, responsibility in its future rests with all of us. There are some who are oriented to talk, others to action, but all we've ever seen you do here is come in and talk a big talk about helping.... but no action.

Get involved. Help out. Actually contribute something more than words. That's how a community coin works. If you'd rather go back to a centralized "single dev" coin, then please by all means do so, it seems that's what you think WhiteCoin is. Here at WhiteCoin, you don't get to just sit on the sidelines and quip at hard working volunteers without response. You have to work hard yourself as well, because the onus rests with all of us. It is the key to our long term success and what sets us apart from the rest.

I sincerely hope that one day you decide to get off the sidelines and do more than talk and spread negativity for this coin. None of us on the operations team have used these funds for our own personal gain and nor would we ever. I myself, despite having put in excess of 200 hours since april into whitecoin, have yet to ask for a dime in recompense. And my total WC portfolio amounts to 250K WC.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

Ownski, I'll respect your opinion as just that, and please always feel welcomed to share it here, but misinforming others about WhiteCoin is not tolerated.

There is a DEV team.  You've talked to them i'm sure on IRC, if not, please feel free to join in again.  Or, go back a page or two and see our request for translations from Mindfox so that we can have a multi language support wallet.  A critical step in spreading the use of whitecoin.

There is a PR team.  I am on it.  You have helped with it, and I looked back, and I'd really like to see you take on a role and help.  You've got a knack for image creation, and we can never have too much of that.  We are hard at work pushing out our bounties, and once we've reached a good progress point, will be giving an update.  The foundation has been allocating and beginning to send funds for these bounties.  I've personally been in contact with a few of those pursuing a bounty.  Finding someone for an Android POS wallet has been tough, so if you know anyone, we'd love their help.

As for the features...

There's constant discussion going on in IRC, and sporadic on here, been plenty of tweets too (i've retweeted them plenty Smiley )  Have you seen what DRK is going through?  Crypt?  We don't want to move hasty, we treasure everyone's support on WC and we don't want to see it spike and dump out.  If you have the ability to technical discern coding, and what our implementation plan should be, man, we'd love that help too.

Its a waste of energy to bicker about nothing being done, when there are things being clearly done and the energy used to discuss this "nothing" could have been doing something.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

Hey mogonzo,  Here's some small changes that i made.

Draft media release for community consultation -- Surfguy72 edits

CryptoCurrency Association Condemns Canadian Government's bitcoin approach isolating Canada from a $8 Billion and growing industry.

The WhiteCoin Foundation must express its deep concern regarding the Canadian Government's recent moves involving bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. These provisions hidden deep within Bill C-31 are being implemented without consulting the industry they impact. This sends a clear message to an industry that holds great potential to Canadian Tech markets: your needs don't matter to us.
Chris Salsman, President of the WhiteCoin Foundation, feels this signals the Harper Government's lack of competency when it comes to bitcoin  and the growing use of cryptocurrencies in the 21st century.

"I think it demonstrates how misinformed they are. There was no public discussion. No consultation with industry partners. We're looking for Canada to be a leader in welcoming cryptocurrency as a viable alternative for online value transfer. But this move demonstrates very clearly that the health of the cryptocurrency industry in Canada is irrelevant to the government. They're stuck in an old mindset, implying bitcoin is only used for criminal activity when nothing could be further from the truth."

The WhiteCoin Foundation believes money laundering  and other similar activities are of serious concern to the industry, and should in fact be made more difficult by the transparent nature of cryptocurrency's fundamental concepts. Had the industry been consulted, their efforts could have been bolstered. But by excluding industry from the process, they risk sending a chill through the markets, and chasing away investors both internal and external to Canada.
"Cryptocurrency holds great potential for the Canadian economy, our industry is desperate for skilled technical labour. But if this trend of non-discussion continues we'll see all this potential business move offshore like in so many other cases. Why they haven't considered that remains an open question."

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mogonzo

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:22:57 PM

CryptoCurrency Association Condemns Canadian Government's bitcoin approach isolating Canada from a $8 Billion and growing industry.

The WhiteCoin Foundation must express its deep concern regarding the Canadian Government's recent moves involving bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. These provisions hidden deep within Bill C-31 are being implemented without consulting the industry they impact. This sends a clear message to an industry that holds great potential to Canadian Tech markets: your needs don't matter to us.
Chris Salsman, President of the WhiteCoin Foundation, feels this signals the Harper Government's lack of competency when it comes to bitcoin  and the growing use of cryptocurrencies in the 21st century.

"I think it demonstrates how misinformed they are. There was no public discussion. No consultation with industry partners. We're looking for Canada to be a leader in welcoming cryptocurrency as a viable alternative for online value transfer. But this move demonstrates very clearly that the health of the cryptocurrency industry in Canada is irrelevant to the government. They're stuck in an old mindset, implying bitcoin is only used for criminal activity when nothing could be further from the truth."

The WhiteCoin Foundation believes money laundering  and other similar activities are of serious concern to the industry, and should in fact be made more difficult by the transparent nature of cryptocurrency's fundamental concepts. Had the industry been consulted, their efforts could have been bolstered. But by excluding industry from the process, they risk sending a chill through the markets, and chasing away investors both internal and external to Canada.

Great stuff! That 8 billion and growing line is awesome, migth be a bit long for a headline I'm going to play around with it a bit, I'm thinking that maybe it should be a bi-line of its own.

Heads up everyone, I'm working on the announcement many of you have wanted to hear right now. ETA 20 mins until posting.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Great stuff! That 8 billion and growing line is awesome, migth be a bit long for a headline I'm going to play around with it a bit, I'm thinking that maybe it should be a bi-line of its own.

Heads up everyone, I'm working on the announcement many of you have wanted to hear right now. ETA 20 mins until posting.

Would be awesome to get his picked up by media outlets...  I think WC's methodology toward a community driven and backed currency would be well received by government and the public.
Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: