Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 [549] 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759171 times)
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:27:16 AM

yeah thats an interesting idea, make WOC an IPO style but you buy with WC then burn the WC that you recieve for payment..
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malbee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:33:44 AM

yeah thats an interesting idea, make WOC an IPO style but you buy with WC then burn the WC that you recieve for payment..

Yea, right...WOC can only be purchased/traded/exchanged for WC.  So if we say we want 100 million WOC, and assuming it's a one for one trade (which would make sense for the long time holders Smiley it would also reduce the amount of WC to 200 million. 

CAI did something similar when they switched to CAIx.  They used coinswap to manage the exchange. 

surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:35:26 AM

It's an option for sure.

Sorry malbee, I would have replied more funnyilier  Grin

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:59:13 AM

It's an option for sure.

Sorry malbee, I would have replied more funnyilier  Grin

Nice word!

It would be important to have a portion to mine though.  If we just did an exchange, it would leave out the miners.  And, miners bring a lot of attention and energy to a new coin.  So maybe an exchange/IPO for 50 million, and a x11 POW to POS for the other 50 million. 
blitzkitten

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:01:24 AM

well it could be WC internal only, but as for like an IPO distribution where you could convert WC to WOC but then after that have a mining phase and have it exchangeable with other cryptos.

Really it could be done either way,

I think the pro's for external would be probably a greater level of exposure to those not in the WC community and a probable price increase due to lower number of total coins.

The pro's for WC trades only would be an increase in WC liquidity and more than likely a price increase of the coin but then if there isnt a great level of interest from the outside world then all we do is end up swapping WC for WOC and it makes no real positive influence on the currency.

Can't think of any other negatives but feel free to let me know!

I think you're right in the importance of miners and actually having mining and having a large pre-mine for IPO buys would probably boost both coins.

the only problem i have with 50% premine is that miners just go mental about it and talk about it being scams maybe something a bit less but still substantial
malbee

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:51:30 AM

What if we converted half of all WC to WOC even swap...one to one.  150 million WC and 150 million WOC.

And through something like coinswap you convert either coin into the other at any time. That would tie the value of both coins together.  If you wanted to perform a WhiteOut purchase or transfer you could trade your WC for WOC.....or vise versa for a purchase of something using WC. 

And, if they were controlled using the same wallet, maybe the exchange could happen automagically through the wallet....
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:34:52 AM

I dont understand the point of Whiteoutcoin. Once its on exchanges people will be able to buy it for btc and makes the whole thing obsolete. I don't understand what it will accomplish.

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
eddienova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:52:19 AM

What if we converted half of all WC to WOC even swap...one to one.  150 million WC and 150 million WOC ... That would tie the value of both coins together. 

+1
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:10:46 AM

Any new, positive developments on this coin? Looking for turnaround stories.
blitzkitten

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:18:36 AM

Hello WhiteCoiners!

Today marks a very important milestone in the history of our community. After hundreds of hours of research, phone meetings, community debate, and legal consultations, we are pleased to announce that we have submitted a formal request to reserve the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" to the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada. This is the first and most important official step in our registration.

Many have asked what the benefit of registration is, and the answer is simple: legitimacy.

To the media -and most importantly the public- we are no longer simply a virtual group of enthusiasts. We've set ourselves apart from the many coins run by groups accountable to no one. The financial markets of the world have been watching and waiting for a group to come forward who is willing to engage with them on terms they can understand. WhiteCoin now stands apart as one of the few actively seeking users outside of crypto spheres on a grand scale.

The Media is desperate for qualified commentators who can speak on the record about our industry, and now WhiteCoin can provide this for them. For example, yesterday the Canadian Government passed legislation that directly impacts us, and they did this without engaging with our industry at all. That is completely unacceptable. But our community must also provide credible avenues for governments to engage with us. WhiteCoin has now solidified itself as one of the few who can.

As a Foundation, we'll be required to:

• Hold an Annual General Meeting (that's right, an annual WhiteCoin crypto conference!)
  • Be accountable to our membership via an official set of internal bylaws
  • Demonstrate access to $50,000 CDN in yearly funding or assets within 90 days

As a Foundation, we'll be able to easily:

• Form regional chapters
  • Engage with our members via a process they can understand and that does not slow operations
  • Engage with the media
  • Engage with governments
  • Engage with businesses
  • Engage with fiat investors who are new to crypto

Our industry has taken a stance against unneeded government interference. But this stance can only hold if we can successfully engage with the people who wield power over financial & internet regulations. Considering our community's known willingness to work with others, it's only a matter of time until The WhiteCoin Foudnation is looked to as not just a representative of WhiteCoin, but our entire industry.

Best Regards,

Chris Salsman

Acting President

The WhiteCoin Foundation

thats a new positive development
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:39:48 AM

Hello WhiteCoiners!

Today marks a very important milestone in the history of our community. After hundreds of hours of research, phone meetings, community debate, and legal consultations, we are pleased to announce that we have submitted a formal request to reserve the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" to the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada. This is the first and most important official step in our registration.

Many have asked what the benefit of registration is, and the answer is simple: legitimacy.

To the media -and most importantly the public- we are no longer simply a virtual group of enthusiasts. We've set ourselves apart from the many coins run by groups accountable to no one. The financial markets of the world have been watching and waiting for a group to come forward who is willing to engage with them on terms they can understand. WhiteCoin now stands apart as one of the few actively seeking users outside of crypto spheres on a grand scale.

The Media is desperate for qualified commentators who can speak on the record about our industry, and now WhiteCoin can provide this for them. For example, yesterday the Canadian Government passed legislation that directly impacts us, and they did this without engaging with our industry at all. That is completely unacceptable. But our community must also provide credible avenues for governments to engage with us. WhiteCoin has now solidified itself as one of the few who can.

As a Foundation, we'll be required to:

• Hold an Annual General Meeting (that's right, an annual WhiteCoin crypto conference!)
  • Be accountable to our membership via an official set of internal bylaws
  • Demonstrate access to $50,000 CDN in yearly funding or assets within 90 days

As a Foundation, we'll be able to easily:

• Form regional chapters
  • Engage with our members via a process they can understand and that does not slow operations
  • Engage with the media
  • Engage with governments
  • Engage with businesses
  • Engage with fiat investors who are new to crypto

Our industry has taken a stance against unneeded government interference. But this stance can only hold if we can successfully engage with the people who wield power over financial & internet regulations. Considering our community's known willingness to work with others, it's only a matter of time until The WhiteCoin Foudnation is looked to as not just a representative of WhiteCoin, but our entire industry.

Best Regards,

Chris Salsman

Acting President

The WhiteCoin Foundation

thats a new positive development

+100

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:11:21 AM

Here are some ideas that could attract more investors and the reasoning behind it. I'll call it Ownskis Expeto Auctus

• Reduction to 3 Million Market Cap (100 to 1 ratio) This will create less coins but increase the value and scarcity which investors like (DRK,CINNI,etc) So if you have 1,000WC right now it would become 10WC. This would also increase the price to reflect that (130sat=13,000sat)
  • Website facelift The current websites need a major facelift. The WCF foundation index page looks like a clown show, no theme or consistency (very bad) I would recommend using some of the WCF BTC funds to pay for a professional to redo it. It would be money very well spent.
  • Facebook/Twitter/Reddit Marketing This would also require BTC funds from the WCF bank but would be a nescassary expense to help build up the community. Daily advertising could be bought for a mere $5 a day for each venue. I use social media marketing for my business and it is very successful. I can't stress it enough.
  • Whiteout Anon feature This is a good idea but should be carefully implemented. Whitecoin took its biggest hits when the block chain forked and/or had security problems. If it can be professionally integrated and tested before release, it could be the holy grail for the community.

What happened to this guy...  I liked him better... Smiley

Great stuff here for sure Smiley

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
mogonzo

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:17:07 PM

I dont understand the point of Whiteoutcoin. Once its on exchanges people will be able to buy it for btc and makes the whole thing obsolete. I don't understand what it will accomplish.

We are delivering a service the community wants, that's the ultimate point of WhiteOut. And we're offering it in a unique way that balances expediency with benefit to the community. In the rampup to launch phases, it creates interest and sales in WC, post launch, we treat them like denominations.

It puts tangible resources into the hands of the foundation as well. This is like win-win-win for the community, in time I hope you can see that.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:22:45 PM

Totally agree!
I really like the idea of ​​Whiteoutcoin, but I understand that it should be interchangeable solely and exclusively by Whitecoins for a period of at least 2 months.
Suggest an idea
Whiteoutcoin is created with a cap of 60,000,000 coins and for a period of 2 months exchanged for each 1 5 WC and WOC this exchange deals exclusively The Whitecoin Foundation.
It should not burn any WC (that would give greater transparency to the process) and I understand that both currencies can coexist.
After 2 months and once the current holders have exchanged WC as they see fit is launched WOC.
We do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to avoid suspicions of fraud and Premines etc. .. and above all current holders of WC should have priority.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:02:05 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 02:12:45 PM by cryptohunter

I do NOT support the whiteout companion coin under it's current method of distribution.

It is not fair to WC owners at all.

It should be done like this.

Current WC is 300M.

Current WOC  360M

300M sidechain to whitecoin  ... ie every WC you own you get a WOC.

60M retained by escrow or foundation and held on public wallet address to be used for projects and payments as voted on by the community.

I do not agree with ipo that you can purchase with wc in the first month.

WOC is a branch of Whitecoin it should be a sidechain.

Devs and project managers paid gradually from the 60M pot for work they do.

The only other thing we should accept as a whitecoin community is  if we were auto given 1 WOC for every 2 whitecoin we hold. Then forever in the future you can only buy WOC with WC. Never any other method.

Whiteout the name was my idea and it was for the good of whitecoin holders. It is not a companion coin at all if it is done as currently suggested. It is just a new coin to enrich the devs who create WOC.

Holding and supporting WC through all of this trouble should mean we are the founding members by default. People should be buying WC now to make sure they get their fair share of WOC.

Sure dev team and foundation needs some funds but these should be the 6m WOC.

Get stocking up on WC now is my advise to devs and outsiders. For long term gains and benefits to the WC community. You can buy WC now with any currency at exchange.... now is the time.

mogonzo

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:05:15 PM

Totally agree!
I really like the idea of ​​Whiteoutcoin, but I understand that it should be interchangeable solely and exclusively by Whitecoins for a period of at least 2 months.
Suggest an idea
Whiteoutcoin is created with a cap of 60,000,000 coins and for a period of 2 months exchanged for each 1 5 WC and WOC this exchange deals exclusively The Whitecoin Foundation.
It should not burn any WC (that would give greater transparency to the process) and I understand that both currencies can coexist.
After 2 months and once the current holders have exchanged WC as they see fit is launched WOC.
We do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to avoid suspicions of fraud and Premines etc. .. and above all current holders of WC should have priority.

I'm thinking closer to 3 or 30 million to help drive up demand.

The time we offer WOC exclusively via WC as an entry vehicle is definitely up for discussion. I also agree we shouldn't burn any currency, in my opinion we should come to a goal figure as a community, and decide together how much of that should be split between future development, current operations, and paying those who do the hard work to make this a reality.

Part of why we didn't want to offer this until registration had formally begun as a foundation, is that we wanted to offer our investors that level of accountability for our premine and IPO. We intend to offer a fully transparent plan where just as with the current foundation wallet, users are able to easily track the use of foundation funds. Once we hold our first general assembly, users and investors of the coin will then have a direct say in how that premine is used.

Generally speaking, my opinion is that this should not be a PoS coin, but instead should have a very lengthy mining period like bitcoin. Its time for us to experiment with the other successful approaches to crypto, and offer that as a companion/denomination coin. If we restricted the premine to 2-5% and gave specific timelines for release of funds, then we'd have ourselves a unique recipe for success.

If we let the IPO period go on for too long, my concern would be we risk losing momentum and interest in the service. First and foremost this has to be a coin people can use in all the same ways they use other cryptocurrencies. My instincts tell me we should offer the IPO up until launch, and allow early adopters to get in at a reasonable price in order to see profit returns. This IPO period would then drive up volume on the markets for WC as its the only entry vehicle (this would greatly benefit current holders). In my opinion, this needs to be "by the book" as much as possible, so what I'm hoping is that at launch we can partner with exchanges to offer WC:WOC direct conversion markets. This would then put our foot in the door of the "base currency trade" market currently held by BTC, LTC, DOGE, and a handful of others.

By managing all of this process via our not for profit, inclusive, and community driven foundation, I believe we'll have the right recipe to give people the trust, decentralization, and stake in the process they are looking for.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:10:26 PM

Totally agree!
Suggest an idea

The time we offer WOC exclusively via WC as an entry vehicle is definitely up for discussion. I also agree we shouldn't burn any currency, in my opinion we should come to a goal figure as a community, and decide together how much of that should be split between future development, current operations, and paying those who do the hard work to make this a reality.

Part of why we didn't want to offer this until registration had formally begun as a foundation, is that we wanted to offer our investors that level of accountability for our premine and IPO. We intend to offer a fully transparent plan where just as with the current foundation wallet, users are able to easily track the use of foundation funds. Once we hold our first general assembly, users and investors of the coin will then have a direct say in how that premine is used.

Generally speaking, my opinion is that this should not be a PoS coin, but instead should have a very lengthy mining period like bitcoin. Its time for us to experiment with the other successful approaches to crypto, and offer that as a companion/denomination coin. If we restricted the premine to 2-5% and gave specific timelines for release of funds, then we'd have ourselves a unique recipe for success.

If we let the IPO period go on for too long, my concern would be we risk losing momentum and interest in the service. First and foremost this has to be a coin people can use in all the same ways they use other cryptocurrencies. My instincts tell me we should offer the IPO up until launch, and allow early adopters to get in at a reasonable price in order to see profit returns. This IPO period would then drive up volume on the markets for WC as its the only entry vehicle (this would greatly benefit current holders). In my opinion, this needs to be "by the book" as much as possible, so what I'm hoping is that at launch we can partner with exchanges to offer WC:WOC direct conversion markets. This would then put our foot in the door of the "base currency trade" market currently held by BTC, LTC, DOGE, and a handful of others.

By managing all of this process via our not for profit, inclusive, and community driven foundation, I believe we'll have the right recipe to give people the trust, decentralization, and stake in the process they are looking for.

If you want less whiteout coins for some reason. Then i suggest 36M - 30M given auto to WC holders. 6M held for development in public wallets. Dev and foundation given access to this gradually as payment to them and for service and projects.

This is a seperate coin otherwise and is nothing to do with WC. May as well just be a total new coin that we can sell WC on the market for and buy it with btc. Unless a bunch of people rush at once to buy WC to buy into the ipo, WC holders will see very short term and practically no real benefits.  NAH.

mogonzo

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:10:42 PM

I do NOT support the whiteout companion coin under it's current method of distribution.

Current WC is 300M.

Current WOC  360M

60M retained by escrow or foundation and held on public wallet address to be used for projects and payments as voted on by the community.

The only other thing we should accept as a whitecoin community is  if we were auto given 1 WOC for every 2 whitecoin we hold. Then forever in the future you can only buy WOC with WC. Never any other method.

Whiteout the name was my idea and it was for the good of whitecoin holders. It is not a companion coin at all if it is done as currently suggested. It is just a new coin to enrich the devs who create WOC.

Holding and supporting WC through all of this trouble should me we are the founding members. People should be buying WC now to make sure they get their fair share of WOC.

I don't understand how you could think this is not fair to current WC holders. People will be buying WC to gain entry to WOC, driving up the value of your holdings. I also think that offering too many coins for what is really a niche service in crypto would be counter productive in seeing the volume/price increase we're all striving towards. This method gives all current holders the ability to get into WOC at a very early price point, and it also gives them the benefit of being able to participate in the increased volume and value on the markets.

I see this is as win win win, and a totally community driven idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad you're expressing your ideas, I just hope you understand that we are offering this in response to widescale community request and with great thought put into fairness. That's why we've opened this up for discussion at such an early stage, before even the coin specs are fully agreed to. It gives everyone at direct say in how we proceed.

We want this to be as fair and rewarding as possible for all involved.

mogonzo

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:13:28 PM

Totally agree!
Suggest an idea

If you want less whiteout coins for some reason. Then i suggest 36M - 30M given auto to WC holders. 6M held for development in public wallets. Dev and foundation given access to this gradually as payment to them and for service and projects.

This is a seperate coin otherwise and is nothing to do with WC. May as well just be a total new coin that we can sell WC on the market for and buy it with btc. Unless a bunch of people rush at once to buy WC to buy into the ipo, WC holders will see very short term and practically no real benefits.  NAH.

How would we auto deliver coins to current holders unless they had to trade in existing coins? Otherwise we're just essentially dumping free coins and I don't see how that could be of value to anyone. Our goal all along has been to become "unbound from any current or future limitations, including coding or software". Once we can implement the multi-wallet, this then becomes just a companion service offered by a team. One brand. One community. One strategy. One wallet. Many services. That's the concept.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:15:24 PM

Current WC is 300M.

Current WOC  360M

The only other thing we should accept as a whitecoin community is  if we were auto given 1 WOC for every 2 whitecoin we hold. Then forever in the future you can only buy WOC with WC. Never any other method.

Holding and supporting WC through all of this trouble should me we are the founding members. People should be buying WC now to make sure they get their fair share of WOC.

I don't understand how you could think this is not fair to current WC holders. People will be buying WC to gain entry to WOC, driving up the value of your holdings. I also think that offering too many coins for what is really a niche service in crypto would be counter productive in seeing the volume/price increase we're all striving towards. This method gives all current holders the ability to get into WOC at a very early price point, and it also gives them the benefit of being able to participate in the increased volume and value on the markets.

I see this is as win win win, and a totally community driven idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad you're expressing your ideas, I just hope you understand that we are offering this in response to widescale community request and with great thought put into fairness. That's why we've opened this up for discussion at such an early stage, before even the coin specs are fully agreed to. It gives everyone at direct say in how we proceed.

We want this to be as fair and rewarding as possible for all involved.

It is not fair at all. Please be serious. Anyway i'm sure there are enough smart people on this thread to realise the way i suggest as a sidechain with a development pot for the foundation and devs built in that is a fair reward for people that are holding WC now.

Sure let's open it for discussion but it is nothing to do with WC if it is not a sidechain. It is not a companion coin. It will offer a short term spike and nothing else if done the way that was suggested.

Pages: « 1 ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 [549] 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: