Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:58:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT fucks us over again  (Read 44815 times)
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:51:04 AM

Someone should expose Zipkin in person at the conference.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:25:55 PM

That would be great!!! Well let's see what happens. Oh and the OP "Hash Master" of the "Beam" miner curiously deleted all of my posts. Seems like a very Joshy thing to do.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:32:09 PM

Yeah, why make a self-moderated thread if you are just doing a testimonial.
Had to know ahead of time he would need to delete the truth

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
opieum2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:40:23 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 01:07:53 PM by opieum2

Yeah, why make a self-moderated thread if you are just doing a testimonial.
Had to know ahead of time he would need to delete the truth

Well he posted it in a different subforum. It got moved into hardware. The rest just happens Wink

Oh the best part is, "Hash Master" (I think we all know who that really is) deleted ALL but one of my posts. The one about Joshua Zipkin speaking at the EU conference.......so I deleted it myself. Not gonna give him any press and make him look good at all. All I know is this is pathetic and desperate. And after everything how the hell are they even allowing this _________ to speak at any conference? You would think with just what is being said about him......but then Josh Zerlan is also on the list. Seems like maybe the btc community needs to start looking closley at itself and boycotting these events when people like that are on the roster for giving advice on anything considering their unethical activity.

opieum2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:11:52 PM

Looks like the press is having some time with this.
http://bitcoinschannel.com/amt-ceo-joshua-zipkins-naughty-and-nice-list/

The english in the article is terrible, but readable. And the point is clearly made.

opieum2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:04:31 PM

I think its critically important to note. The non-moderated threads run by both spondoolies and BITMAIN have very little in terms of complaints. Both companies are responsive and listen to their customers. ON TOP of that, they deliver. I imagine there are others but right now those are the only two companies that consistently have good work going. Good mining hardware. Note that they did not have to do self-moderated threads to censor discussion. Because they stand on the confidence of the quality of their service AND products.

Lets put this into start contrast with AMT (and others) who have to start sock-puppet accounts and self-moderated threads. Those actions alone are incredibly shady in and of themselves and of a questionable nature. Joshua Zipkin has a history of erasing what he does not like in order to increase his search ranking on Google. Ultimately its about duping more people into buying from him. But the shady actions have made it so he should NOT be trusted under any circumstances, as it is patently obvious he misleads consistently. At least that much can be shown with ease based on public statements made. Even public statements compared to each other.

I thought it would be good to get a rational statement so anyone new looking can see this for what it is and make informed decisions.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 02:40:17 PM

The non-moderated threads run by both spondoolies and BITMAIN have very little in terms of complaints. Both companies are responsive and listen to their customers.
Small correction: Spondoolies have a self moderated thread but they have used that feature very little.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
opieum2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:43:39 PM

Ah well interesting thanks for the correction. Again even more so that is a good sign. That they have to do that very little is also a good sign, means they listen to their users, and try to do right by them and work with them to resolve issues instead of ignoring them and dimissing them by deleting their comments. So it shows they have a good handle on how to work with their customers. Cheesy

AMT_minerLESS

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:41:58 PM

Think its time for the Joshua Zipkin meme? Remember hand your money to Joshua Zipkin which means:

https://i.imgur.com/ruJ7WxA.jpg

....Josh Zipkin....and just as much an asshole while getting new customers and screwing them the same way.
http://www.southpark.nl/clips/27im67/the-importance-of-saving-money

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:45:54 PM

I don't understand all this.

Everyone that's been viewing this forum for more than a month probably knows not to preorder from a Bitcoin company.

Everyone that's been viewing this forum for more than a month probably knows that mining is dead for profit and buying Bitcoin is a much better bet.

I get Bruno doing it. I think he likes being fucked over by Bitcoin long cons. He's been screwed by every one since MyBitcoin. Hell, I think Bruce Wagner still owes him a couple of coins. What I don't understand is all the Godlike Legends in their own minds falling for this shit. Bitcoinica was enough for me. I swore to myself that I would never deal with anyone using Bitcoin again unless I could walk in the businesses front door, make the exchange and have cash or product in my hands before I leave.

opieum2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:08:09 PM

Everyone that's been viewing this forum for more than a month probably knows not to preorder from a Bitcoin company.

Everyone that's been viewing this forum for more than a month probably knows that mining is dead for profit and buying Bitcoin is a much better bet.

I get Bruno doing it. I think he likes being fucked over by Bitcoin long cons. He's been screwed by every one since MyBitcoin. Hell, I think Bruce Wagner still owes him a couple of coins. What I don't understand is all the Godlike Legends in their own minds falling for this shit. Bitcoinica was enough for me. I swore to myself that I would never deal with anyone using Bitcoin again unless I could walk in the businesses front door, make the exchange and have cash or product in my hands before I leave.

That is a fair assessment. Not everyone sees it that way. And anyone not watching for more than a month? They would be easily fooled hence the need for these kinds of threads. I for one had plans to build my own personal industrial mining operation early on, I have the skills and knowhow to do it. I naively did not do my research.  Fact is IF the whole 3 week shipment promise that AMT had made initially to not just me but everyone, had been true, then they would not have these problems. But I agree I want someone who has an on hand stock.

Fact is the new people coming in here start seeing messages about the AMT "Beam" or other scammy front company posts by other shady outfits (or one of Josh Zipkins front companies which he admitted he would set up) get fooled and what have you, then they make the mistake alot of noobs make. They buy into the marketing. Joshua Zipkin is good at SEO and manipulating his image on google, his crunchbase profile has been santized but used to be full of buzzwords (not much actual experience). What he did not count on is there are a group of people on here who kept clamoring and complaining to the point where google just has to search it out which screwed him up. He cant manipulate that.

The fix would have been easy. Refund the money and be on your merry way and start over. But instead he threatened (all on record and publicly available info) exposed, and essentially censored (or tried to) anyone who would not march to his tune. A real hitler of an individual. Pompus, arrogant, and a dictator of the worst kind. If you do not march to his tune, he will take action to make sure you are out of the picture. He has already noted his intent to kill Bruno. Even detailed it to one of the forum members in a chat he denies...But well cannot remove as it is a skype chat Wink he already tried to bribe me twice to hack BCT for 5k which I declined and instead offered legal alternatives that he chose not to avail of himself of..... all just to get at PG...Again just shows the lengths a person like him will go to, to destroy someone. Even in word its enough.

These are the kinds of scumbags we are dealing with not just Josh Zipkin of AMT but all the other companies who have been consistently screwing their customers around. Joshua Zipkin in my opinion just happens to be the dumbest of the bunch and easiest to catch with his antics. So the low hanging fruit is the best option here.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:22:36 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 04:53:53 PM by QuestionAuthority

That is a fair assessment. Not everyone sees it that way. And anyone not watching for more than a month? They would be easily fooled hence the need for these kinds of threads. I for one had plans to build my own personal industrial mining operation early on, I have the skills and knowhow to do it. I naively did not do my research.  Fact is IF the whole 3 week shipment promise that AMT had made initially to not just me but everyone, had been true, then they would not have these problems. But I agree I want someone who has an on hand stock.

Fact is the new people coming in here start seeing messages about the AMT "Beam" or other scammy front company posts by other shady outfits (or one of Josh Zipkins front companies which he admitted he would set up) get fooled and what have you, then they make the mistake alot of noobs make. They buy into the marketing. Joshua Zipkin is good at SEO and manipulating his image on google, his crunchbase profile has been santized but used to be full of buzzwords (not much actual experience). What he did not count on is there are a group of people on here who kept clamoring and complaining to the point where google just has to search it out which screwed him up. He cant manipulate that.

The fix would have been easy. Refund the money and be on your merry way and start over. But instead he threatened (all on record and publicly available info) exposed, and essentially censored (or tried to) anyone who would not march to his tune. A real hitler of an individual. Pompus, arrogant, and a dictator of the worst kind. If you do not march to his tune, he will take action to make sure you are out of the picture. He has already noted his intent to kill Bruno. Even detailed it to one of the forum members in a chat he denies...But well cannot remove as it is a skype chat Wink he already tried to bribe me twice to hack BCT for 5k which I declined and instead offered legal alternatives that he chose not to avail of himself of..... all just to get at PG...Again just shows the lengths a person like him will go to, to destroy someone. Even in word its enough.

These are the kinds of scumbags we are dealing with not just Josh Zipkin of AMT but all the other companies who have been consistently screwing their customers around. Joshua Zipkin in my opinion just happens to be the dumbest of the bunch and easiest to catch with his antics. So the low hanging fruit is the best option here.

You would need so much money to run a profitable mining farm that you could fly to China and have a real company design and build custom ASICs for you. If you had the millions necessary to compete with the huge mining farms for profit just buy Bitcoin and hold until the price rises 5% and sell them. That would net you more profit than you could ever get trying to ROI mining equipment today. It just doesn't make sense to me and hasn't since shortly after the reward drop and ASIC introduction when difficulty went through the roof.

opieum2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:45:50 PM

You would need so much money to run a profitable mining farm that you could fly to China an have a real company design and build custom ASICs for you. If you had the millions necessary to compete with the huge mining farms for profit just buy Bitcoin and hold until the price rises 5% and sell them. That would net you more profit than you could ever get trying to ROI mining equipment today. It just doesn't make sense to me and hasn't since shortly after the reward drop and ASIC introduction when difficulty went through the roof.

Won't go into the technicals as I do have the numbers worked out even with difficulty accounted for at extreme jumps. But I do have a warehouse I am populating now (would have happened sooner if AMT had not lied about things and delivered a working miner early on instead of dragging this out). I have a modestly sized S2/3 farm bringing in enough money now to break even. As with all business ventures there is always a loss in the beginning . US tax law allows for that. I am fortunate to be breaking even now vs taking losses even with the AMT debacle which is still a huge loss but personally one I can recover from...just not forgive until it is made right.

Trading BTC does not appeal to me as much as mining them does. But at some point that will dry up and something else will come along to make BTC. Large enough pool means fees can also be paid for confirming transactions as well. So that helps in keeping the money flowing even after the bitcoins are done being mined. For the forseeable future mining is viable...just in much larger scale for real profit. Home mining is only good as a small amount of side income. Maybe break even on the power bill if that.

sirminesalot

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:48:17 PM

You would need so much money to run a profitable mining farm that you could fly to China an have a real company design and build custom ASICs for you. If you had the millions necessary to compete with the huge mining farms for profit just buy Bitcoin and hold until the price rises 5% and sell them. That would net you more profit than you could ever get trying to ROI mining equipment today. It just doesn't make sense to me and hasn't since shortly after the reward drop and ASIC introduction when difficulty went through the roof.

It's just one of those things. You tell people they can 'mine MONEY out of thin air' and they flock to it, without thinking of the consequences. Everyone thinks mining is a 'get rich quick' scheme.

I'm amazed at how many people gave Joshua Zipkin $6,000 - even after all of the warnings about his company, lack of credit card processing, etc etc. Yeah, wire transfer $6,000 to some dipshit on the internet, because he has a website and posted a few threads on bitcointalk - great strategy.

AMT = the writing was on the wall. Ever since their inception, there has been numerous "shady aspects" of AMT. No one did any due dilligence, and this fucknut Joshua Zipkin took advantage.
opieum2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:02:26 PM

It's just one of those things. You tell people they can 'mine MONEY out of thin air' and they flock to it, without thinking of the consequences. Everyone thinks mining is a 'get rich quick' scheme.

I'm amazed at how many people gave Joshua Zipkin $6,000 - even after all of the warnings about his company, lack of credit card processing, etc etc. Yeah, wire transfer $6,000 to some dipshit on the internet, because he has a website and posted a few threads on bitcointalk - great strategy.

AMT = the writing was on the wall. Ever since their inception, there has been numerous "shady aspects" of AMT. No one did any due dilligence, and this fucknut Joshua Zipkin took advantage.

You are right. And always were. The writing was on the wall. As I said I was naive myself. Hence now my efforts to make sure this shit NEVER happens to anyone again. This thread I and others aim to keep up here with anything Joshua Zipkin posts. Mining is not bad. BUT realistically speaking, Its not a get rich quick scheme either. I never thought that for a second. BUT I do have the skills to make a good mining infrastructure. And an industrial mining operation is where all this is going ultimately. I told this to Josh a while back..probably what he based his talk on stuff I told him. If someone has that presentation he gave at the EU I can see if he plagiarized Wink

sirminesalot

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:14:43 PM

Thanks. It was never about "being right" or throwing this in peoples faces. I was really shocked at how many people took blind leaps of faith with a company like AMT. As time went on it became more apparent to those involved, but at the beginning it was like a battle royale consisting of AMT customers (who wanted it all to work out) and the non-customers, that would hop on the thead and say "What the fuck are you guys doing?"

I really wish this could work out for everyone involved. It's sad that someone like Joshua Zipkin can get away with fraud like this. Even if he were to get "busted", I'm sure most of the funds will be gone by then.

I guess it was a stretch to expect Joshua Zipkin to have a conscience.

That said, no one should relent in pursuing justice. Even if Joshua Zipkin ending up bankrupt and in prison: even without anyone getting a dime back: that ending is better than where we are now.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:25:29 PM

Thanks. It was never about "being right" or throwing this in peoples faces. I was really shocked at how many people took blind leaps of faith with a company like AMT. As time went on it became more apparent to those involved, but at the beginning it was like a battle royale consisting of AMT customers (who wanted it all to work out) and the non-customers, that would hop on the thead and say "What the fuck are you guys doing?"

I really wish this could work out for everyone involved. It's sad that someone like Joshua Zipkin can get away with fraud like this. Even if he were to get "busted", I'm sure most of the funds will be gone by then.

That said, no one should relent in pursuing justice. Even if Joshua Zipkin ending up bankrupt and in prison: even without anyone getting a dime back: that ending is better than where we are now.

You want some real justice? JZ will be staying at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas from October 5-7. Why don't you attend the conference and stand at his booth every day pointing and telling anyone that walks by how he ripped you off. It's not illegal, it will destroy any business he could get from attending and will drive a bug so far up his ass that he shits diamonds for a week. LOL

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:05:32 PM

You want some real justice? JZ will be staying at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas from October 5-7. Why don't you attend the conference and stand at his booth every day pointing and telling anyone that walks by how he ripped you off. It's not illegal, it will destroy any business he could get from attending and will drive a bug so far up his ass that he shits diamonds for a week. LOL

Don't think it's not being considered. It's just about who we can get in the area to attend. If I didn't have school those days it would be me, wearing a Josh Zipcan't deliver Miners on time t-shirt.

Hey we should start designing t-shirts. We'll make sure we can hit all the regional conferences we can that he's attending. Maybe make a nice booklet or pamphlet to hand out to interested customers. That could be some fun.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
sirminesalot

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:06:47 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but instead of telling people he won't deliver in time: you crack him over the head a few times with a baseball bat.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:16:20 PM

He won't be there. He likes to spend customer funds on advertising, but he's not the kind of person to actually show himself in public.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: