Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210690 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:58:00 PM

Is it normal for boolberry qt to resync the entire blockchain everytime I open the program? I am running the windows version that I got from the website, the full installer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:19:26 PM

Cryptoz, Thanks for the warnings. Does this mean you are looking to start supporting this project again? Cause the windows downloads from boolberry.com don't seem to work correctly. And looking at this thread other things don't seem to be working either.
filou4

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:12:46 PM

Hi Folk!

Just want to notice everyone, as soon as you install third-party builds of BBR you taking not only a risk of getting unstable/broken build, u also take a risk of getting spyware/malware which can steal money (BBRs, Bitcoins, whatever u use), it's all based on trust of developer.

My strong advice - be very careful with all that you install basically, at least use virtual machines (like vmvare, paralells, virtual box) for this things.
Or, build it from sources yourself.

Zoidberg.

nice to see you a bit around Zoid Smiley
get back on irc! missing you ;-)

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 03:53:38 PM

Hi Folk!

Just want to notice everyone, as soon as you install third-party builds of BBR you taking not only a risk of getting unstable/broken build, u also take a risk of getting spyware/malware which can steal money (BBRs, Bitcoins, whatever u use), it's all based on trust of developer.

My strong advice - be very careful with all that you install basically, at least use virtual machines (like vmvare, paralells, virtual box) for this things.

Zoidberg.

No IRC this time, too much work guys! Smiley
But i'm here, around!

CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:40:23 PM

Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

Hi CZ, thank you for your valuable input.

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

Thanks again for all of your great work! Wink
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:01:55 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 07:22:34 PM by b4h4mu7

Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

But i'm here, around!

CZ, do you understand that if you started contributing to the project the market cap could go an easy 20x from here? I'm not sure what work you're involved in that is "too much" but I doubt any will pay you as well as contributing to BBR Smiley It sounds like your work is BBR related Smiley
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:52:14 PM

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Blockchain Development Company seeks to have the deepest understand of different cryptocurrencies and cryptoassets in order to improve them and make them more valuable, akin to activist investors like Carl Icahn, Bill Ackman and George Soros.

How do you think about George Soros? Does he improve something? Or does he simply take others money?

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 10:06:31 PM

Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

But i'm here, around!

CZ, do you understand that if you started contributing to the project the market cap could go an easy 20x from here? I'm not sure what work you're involved in that is "too much" but I doubt any will pay you as well as contributing to BBR Smiley It sounds like your work is BBR related Smiley

My work is related to BBR codebase, which means that everything i do now gonna be migrated to BBR.

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 10:13:43 PM

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

At the moment i can say only that 1blocklologist didn't get my trust yet.
He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

For me it looks like a fake, so be careful.

Zoidberg.

b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 11:12:13 PM

Hi Folk!

Zoidberg.

But i'm here, around!

My work is related to BBR codebase, which means that everything i do now gonna be migrated to BBR.

<3

Time to harvest some more berries.
1blockologist

Activity: 505

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 02:57:15 AM

He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

Zoidberg.

What Zoidberg is saying is that we aren't submitting pull requests to his repository that hasn't been had a code update in over a year.

Pull requests are a way of submitting code changes to an open source project so that the steward of the project can decide if they want to merge that code into the "official code".

As we consider ourselves the stewards now this is clearly an unnecessary step because our code is equally as official and newer. It is important to note that when we made our proclamations of stewardship, nobody had heard from CryptoZoidberg in months and there were no code updates for over a year.

We have made two very benign changes to the codebase in the RUNE edition that are so basic that we get criticism for it being not being a big enough change yet. So it will be difficult for us to simultaneously respond to how obviously little changes we've made so far, alongside an allegation from a competent developer that our simple changes may be hiding something nefarious.

CryptoZoidberg has the opportunity to make confidence inspiring and collaborative statements, and chooses to write awkward non sequiturs too ambiguous for the market.

We don't really have an opinion on that. Some people are using the RUNE client, and that is what will be updated. He is welcome to submit pull requests to our repository, and we will also continue rebasing and pulling from his boolberry repository if he actually does start updating it there. This is actually a very professional and standard way of managing git repositories, and this is the level of professionalism we are trying to bring to open source blockchain development and cryptoassets.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:00:57 AM

Zoidberg.

What Zoidberg is saying is that we aren't submitting pull requests to his repository that hasn't been had a code update in over a year.

Pull requests are a way of submitting code changes to an open source project so that the steward of the project can decide if they want to merge that code into the "official code".

As we consider ourselves the stewards now this is clearly an unnecessary step because our code is equally as official and newer. It is important to note that when we made our proclamations of stewardship, nobody had heard from CryptoZoidberg in months and there were no code updates for over a year.

We have made two very benign changes to the codebase in the RUNE edition that are so basic that we get criticism for it being not being a big enough change yet. So it will be difficult for us to simultaneously respond to how obviously little changes we've made so far, alongside an allegation from a competent developer that our simple changes may be hiding something nefarious.

CryptoZoidberg has the opportunity to make confidence inspiring and collaborative statements, and chooses to write awkward non sequiturs too ambiguous for the market.

We don't really have an opinion on that. Some people are using the RUNE client, and that is what will be updated. He is welcome to submit pull requests to our repository, and we will also continue rebasing and pulling from his boolberry repository if he actually does start updating it there. This is actually a very professional and standard way of managing git repositories, and this is the level of professionalism we are trying to bring to open source blockchain development and cryptoassets.

The thing is CZ's version is not broken & still the most advanced cryptonote coin. I have run a test version of his new project and it was awesome, fully integrated gui wallet with plenty of new feature's in the pipeline.

For me I'm happy to wait for his return. I just wonder why you guys don't just start your own project? You could always have an ICO Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cheers Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:04:05 AM

Zoidberg.

The thing is CZ's version is not broken & still the most advanced cryptonote coin. I have run a test version of his new project and it was awesome, fully integrated gui wallet with plenty of new feature's in the pipeline.

For me I'm happy to wait for his return. I just wonder why you guys don't just start your own project? You could always have an ICO Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cheers Jon  Wink
what is his new project?
jd1959

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:18:29 AM

@raimch89 his new project is Doblon/louisd'or, you don't hear much from him but he does good work. I know he is going to bring some good things from there back to Boolberry once it's finished. IMHO he's the only Dev I

know of in crypto that i would invest in their ICO. That said it's up to each person to do there own due diligence and ignore all the fanboys and all the hype.

Cheers Jon  Wink

mbe24

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 09:55:25 AM

@raimch89 his new project is Doblon/louisd'or, you don't hear much from him but he does good work. I know he is going to bring some good things from there back to Boolberry once it's finished. IMHO he's the only Dev I

know of in crypto that i would invest in their ICO. That said it's up to each person to do there own due diligence and ignore all the fanboys and all the hype.

Cheers Jon  Wink

You said his new project is Doblon/louisd'or. I didn't find anything on Github or on the web. What is your source of information? Where did you see that work? How can you say it is good?

jd1959

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:01:58 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

You said his new project is Doblon/louisd'or. I didn't find anything on Github or on the web. What is your source of information? Where did you see that work? How can you say it is good?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482

sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:08:17 AM

The coin he left BBR to work on is Louisd'or (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482.140)

If you read the Louisd'or thread you will see that beta software has been promised a number of times - the last time it was promised was in March and since then there has been nothing, not even a post to explain the delay. It looks like another abandoned project.

CZ is flighty, nipping from one project to another, which is fair enough, but it leaves investors in the shit.

This coin needs a full-time director, not some brilliant, but erratic dev.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:11:03 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

Nothing has happened at Louisd'or except empty promises, the thread has been dead for 6 months.
mbe24

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:24:23 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

Nothing has happened at Louisd'or except empty promises, the thread has been dead for 6 months.

Okay. Thx for the information.

As announced in the other BBR thread, I've finally created a slack for BBR https://bbrproject.slack.com, if you want to join, please provide your email address. I'll send an invite then.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:09:18 PM

As announced in the other BBR thread, I've finally created a slack for BBR https://bbrproject.slack.com, if you want to join, please provide your email address. I'll send an invite then.
Sent!! Smiley
Maybe post link Invitation slack ? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: