Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:06:59 PM

BBR, aside from the optional 1% tax does not really have any baggage like that. Monero was very aggressively pumped at the start. They did not get their marketcap from anything good, they used a lot of offensive marketing to push their way up. If this were the early 20th century automobile industry that wouldn't matter but in the internet age Monero will probably get a lot of negative press when crypto goes more mainstream.

no-ice-please, I appreciate you bringing an outside perspective to the huntercoin thread, but I totally disagree with you here. What kind of offensive marketing are you referring to? I agree that it was pumped at the beginning, and iCEBREAKER is a douchebag, and maybe a few others, but I don't think there's any real concerted effort to market the coin at all, let alone offensively market it. And what do you mean the didn't get marketcap from anything good? Monero has the best database solution of all cryptonotes, BBR has none, and Monero has developed RingCT which will allow for non-zero mixin ring signatures, something that no other cryptonote has. No offense, but I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about here.

Don't forget about Monero's much larger community and infrastructure, the Kovri protocol for stealth nodes, XMRs community crowdfunding, open alias, larger dev teams, integration into 3rd party apps and dapps, first to market, XMRs integration into online marketplaces, the XMR polo exchange, and use as currency to buy goods and services including darknet and gambling.

Damn it seems xmr has moved on quite a bit since BBR stopped developing. I was hoping the 160x price was just a pump or better still BBR was just grossly undervalued in comparison. Are any of these clear advantages that xmr has open source and can be ported over to BBR?

If cz does not return to BBR do we have anyone here with the skills to take BBR anywhere near where XMR is now? From my limited understanding of all of this fluffy and shen and of course smooth are some of the best coders on this forum so unless BBR can import these features if they are open source then really we have no chance of being comparable to XMR as we were initially.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:27:34 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2016, 02:54:13 PM by CryptoRambler

<<Damn it seems xmr has moved on quite a bit since BBR stopped developing. I was hoping the 160x price was just a pump or better still BBR was just grossly undervalued in comparison. Are any of these clear advantages that xmr has open source and can be ported over to BBR?

If cz does not return to BBR do we have anyone here with the skills to take BBR anywhere near where XMR is now? From my limited understanding of all of this fluffy and shen and of course smooth are some of the best coders on this forum so unless BBR can import these features if they are open source then really we have no chance of being comparable to XMR as we were initially.>>

1blockologist and javajared are working on the RPC API and dB rebase, and it has yet to be determined how difficult porting XMR src will be - since BBR uses wild Keccak PoW and XMR uses cryptonight PoW. wild Keccak could be more botnet and asic resistant than cryptonight, but it has yet to be vetted due to db and daemon disrepair. CZ says he is testing a new GUI and will port his LUI dB work over to BBR at some point, he hopes to be involved in BBR before yr end.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 02:28:59 PM

Is there a method to consolidate the wallet ? I'm having issues with a dusted pool wallet currently, lots of small transactions which make sending bigger amounts of coins almost impossible because they get rejected with "transaction too large".

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:57:17 PM

<<Damn it seems xmr has moved on quite a bit since BBR stopped developing. I was hoping the 160x price was just a pump or better still BBR was just grossly undervalued in comparison. Are any of these clear advantages that xmr has open source and can be ported over to BBR?

If cz does not return to BBR do we have anyone here with the skills to take BBR anywhere near where XMR is now? From my limited understanding of all of this fluffy and shen and of course smooth are some of the best coders on this forum so unless BBR can import these features if they are open source then really we have no chance of being comparable to XMR as we were initially.>>

1blockologist and javajared are working on the RPC API and dB rebase, and it has yet to be determined how difficult porting XMR src will be - since BBR uses wild Keccak PoW and XMR uses cryptonight PoW. wild Keccak could be more botnet and asic resistant than cryptonight, but it has yet to be vetted due to db disrepair. CZ says he will port his LUI dB work over to BBR at some point, he hopes to be involved in BBR before yr end.

Thanks for that information. Very interesting news. Would it be worth considering forking to cryptonight. Then again i guess it isn't or else they would have done it by now. Anyway good news about CZ possibly getting involved again. A friend of mine (who is much smarter than myself and knows some thing about this at a deeper level than I do) once told me he suspected that CZ was one of the very smartest devs on this board.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 06:04:24 PM

BBR, aside from the optional 1% tax does not really have any baggage like that. Monero was very aggressively pumped at the start. They did not get their marketcap from anything good, they used a lot of offensive marketing to push their way up. If this were the early 20th century automobile industry that wouldn't matter but in the internet age Monero will probably get a lot of negative press when crypto goes more mainstream.

no-ice-please, I appreciate you bringing an outside perspective to the huntercoin thread, but I totally disagree with you here. What kind of offensive marketing are you referring to? I agree that it was pumped at the beginning, and iCEBREAKER is a douchebag, and maybe a few others, but I don't think there's any real concerted effort to market the coin at all, let alone offensively market it. And what do you mean the didn't get marketcap from anything good? Monero has the best database solution of all cryptonotes, BBR has none, and Monero has developed RingCT which will allow for non-zero mixin ring signatures, something that no other cryptonote has. No offense, but I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about here.

I may be considered a douchebag for calling fraud by those pushing scams like Paycoin (gone), Neucoin (also gone), and Dash (soon to be gone) but have always been very supportive of Boolberry.

No offense, but I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about here.   Wink

BBR is a solid and extremely undervalued coin.  It will either be the Coke or Pepsi of Cryptonote coins. 

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 06:33:06 PM

and Monero has developed RingCT which will allow for non-zero mixin ring signatures, something that no other cryptonote has.

I think you meant non-zero mixin multi-sig, right?  Wink

I am not interested to start a fight so I will not list here the big list of Monero advantages over BBR. Those who want to can hop over Monero thread on bct or reddit.

BTW, I hope BBR gets moving soon and become a strong member of the CN family.
papa_lazzarou

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 06:41:51 PM

Thanks for that information. Very interesting news. Would it be worth considering forking to cryptonight. Then again i guess it isn't or else they would have done it by now. Anyway good news about CZ possibly getting involved again. A friend of mine (who is much smarter than myself and knows some thing about this at a deeper level than I do) once told me he suspected that CZ was one of the very smartest devs on this board.

The POW algo is not a problem. And I find the it one of the strengths in BBR. Diversification is good. 

The real problem is the massive divergence of the Monero code related to standard CN.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 06:54:23 PM

and Monero has developed RingCT which will allow for non-zero mixin ring signatures, something that no other cryptonote has.

I think you meant non-zero mixin multi-sig, right?  Wink

I am not interested to start a fight so I will not list here the big list of Monero advantages over BBR. Those who want to can hop over Monero thread on bct or reddit.

BTW, I hope BBR gets moving soon and become a strong member of the CN family.

Yes, you're correct - meant to say multisig.

In other news, some shadowcash guys contacted me about getting reddit admin privileges so they could fix it up and make it look fancy. Added them as mod a few days ago, so maybe there will a reddit facelift in the not too distant future.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 07:46:34 PM

This BBR is XMR's silver crap is just propaganda. Its now just a matter of time before the crypto world knows the facts.

* Le 2 Years Later *

Silver:Gold ratio = 72:1

BBR:Monero ratio = 82:1

So my predictive syllogistic model is working, and not "just propaganda."   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Johnny-Bravo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:59:44 PM

If all the transactions are anonymous then what's the reason for block explorers like chainradar letting you explore transactions? I assume you can't prove you sent money from one address to another with it. Can you use it as proof of making a transaction if an exchange disputes you made a deposit?

http://chainradar.com/bbr/blocks
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 08:14:53 PM

most people completely miss the implications of BBR being the selected CryptoNote currency for SuperNet. Supernet is primed to become a huge community of crypto enthusiasts sharing the latest and greatest crypto technologies. Everything from private betting to instantaneous transaction in decentralized marketplaces like the Nxt Asset exchange, means that BBR will be the coin of choice when wanting to complete purely anonymous transactions. As SuperNet has the potential to be used by 1000s or 10000s of crypto enthusiasts in the short term (long term plans for BBR are more for non-crypto mass adoption) this partnership is "killer app" like in its utility.

Anonymous transactions will be included in these shared technologies, so I dont think XDN has leapfrogged anyone. Its one thing to have a technology. Its an entirely other situation to have the technology and a user base eager to adopt it.

Sorry but I don't share you and 777's vision for Supernet, Nxt, and all that overcomplicated Rube Goldberg hoopla.  It's a beautiful theory but I don't see it coming to fruition.

BBR will succeed or fail on its own merits, not those of another party.

XDN's anon msg feature leapfrogged other CN coins by offering genuinely novel functionality in addition to anon token transfers.  That's why its market cap correspondingly leapfrogged BBR's.
./BitcoinDarkd SuperNET '{"requestType":"sendmessage","dest":"13434315136155299987","msg":"hello"}'

Not sure why you call something like the above "overcomplicated Rube Goldberg hoopla"
Adding new functions to the API parser takes a few minutes, of course the code to do anything useful needs to already be there to interface to.

static char **commands[] = { sendpeerinfo, getpubkey, getpeers, maketelepods, transporterstatus, telepod, transporter, tradebot, respondtx, processutx, publishaddrs, checkmsg, placebid, placeask, makeoffer, sendmsg, orderbook, getorderbooks, teleport  };

The above is the current list of commands.

{"name":"BTC","conf":"/home/ubuntu3/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf","asset":"4551058913252105307","rpc":"127.0.0.1:8332","clonesmear":1,"minconfirms":3,"estblocktime":600}

adding the ability to access another coin is as easy as adding a line like the above in the SuperNET.conf file
Once that is there, then a coin's blockchain can be accessed.

So encrypted onion routed messaging between any two computers on the SuperNET, plus all the API functions I am doing, plus all the API functions all the other core coins/websites are doing.

vs. DarkNote.

you decide which has a brighter future

James

P.S. I take offense at your constant calling what I do pumping.  A pump implies a subsequent dump. This is not what I do at all. I keep adding value so it might rise like a pump, but the dump it is missing. I think a better term would be a revaluation

* Le 2 Years Later *

The market decided "which has a brighter future."

As I predicted, SuperNET went nowhere (24 hour volume = $111) and took BBR nowhere, at it was merely yet another jl777 pump and dump scam-asset.

Meanwhile, DarkNote (now DigitalNote) enjoys continued development and an order of magnitude higher volume than the SuperNET abandonware.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:25:04 PM

The market decided "which has a brighter future."

As I predicted, SuperNET went nowhere (24 hour volume = $111) and took BBR nowhere, at it was merely yet another jl777 pump and dump scam-asset.

Meanwhile, DarkNote (now DigitalNote) enjoys continued development and an order of magnitude higher volume than the SuperNET abandonware.

But, but, but...Komodo! Seriously though, how many ICOs has that guy run?
crypjunkie

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:47:27 PM

iCEBREAKER, WINDJC, papa_lazzarou, It's really good to see you guy's back on the Boolberry thread again and talking about boolberry, I've been accumulating BBR for the past 3-4 months and have considered myself lucky to find this coin with such good possibilities for future development. So far i have found that there seems to be a bit of a divided community since 1Blockologist has came on the scene, bit like new and old members. Have you all still got a vested interest in the coin and are any of you still open to further development of the coin? What's your thought's on things as they stand and expectations for the future? Doe's anyone see CZ coming back and if so what way will that effect be on  the community that has been building slowly since 1block has came on the scene? Any thoughts would be good, cheers....
CryptoRambler

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:53:15 PM

The POW algo is not a problem. And I find the it one of the strengths in BBR. Diversification is good.  

The real problem is the massive divergence of the Monero code related to standard CN.

Isn't it true that once the db is rebased and out of ram, that each update from that point on should be a lot easier?

Would it make sense to change the PoW to a different algorithm - one that is used more widely than wild Keccak? That seems to be the bottleneck here in the dev efforts, no one understands the BBR codebase well enough

Maybe BBR could implement a (Wild) Keccak/Cryptonight hybrid , which could allow for easier future XMR updates, but with pruning and more botnet resistance than Cryptonight
DonYo

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:43:35 AM

Isn't it true that once the db is rebased and out of ram, that each update from that point on should be a lot easier?

Would it make sense to change the PoW to a different algorithm - one that is used more widely than wild Keccak? That seems to be the bottleneck here in the dev efforts, no one understands the BBR codebase well enough

Maybe BBR could implement a (Wild) Keccak/Cryptonight hybrid , which could allow for easier future XMR updates, but with pruning and more botnet resistance than Cryptonight

So then... why don't just focus on AEON?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
alinda

Activity: 887

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 02:22:17 PM

how to see private key from my wallet?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
CryptoRambler

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 12:34:51 PM

Chainradar's Boolberry block explorer and info has been down since the beginning of October. I've been attempting to contact them about this to no avail (through their contact form).

Anyone else know how to reach those guys?

The reason this is important is because several services use Chainradar as a source for what the block height is, as well as how many Boolberry there are in existence.

Minergate is aware that there is a problem, but has yet to fix it. I contacted them and they are having their dev team look at it

It is interesting that minergate and chainradar both stopped at the exact same tx:

Height   Timestamp (UTC)   Size   Transactions   Hash
623703   2016-10-06 10:38:11 (2 months ago)

Chainradar doesn't seem to respond via email.
slb

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 01:28:45 PM

I can help you build an independent blockchain explorer if there is enough interest (in form of bounties).

Forknote (create cryptocurrenies easy) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1079306.0
Dashcoin (anonymous cryptocurrency) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0
papa_lazzarou

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 01:30:19 PM

No, because that's just one small piece of the puzzle. The db is "just" the way the blockchain data is stored. It is completely independent of the protocol, and the protocol is completely independent from the database.

Not meaning to spam but here's a not comprehensive list of changes from Bytecoin codebase:
Forget it, it is too big to list. Just check the changes on the releases page in github

(If anyone takes offense with this I will be happy to remove it)

This will never be accomplished without a several people working on it.

Divorcion

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 01:53:19 PM

iCEBREAKER, WINDJC, papa_lazzarou, It's really good to see you guy's back on the Boolberry thread again and talking about boolberry, I've been accumulating BBR for the past 3-4 months and have considered myself lucky to find this coin with such good possibilities for future development. So far i have found that there seems to be a bit of a divided community since 1Blockologist has came on the scene, bit like new and old members. Have you all still got a vested interest in the coin and are any of you still open to further development of the coin? What's your thought's on things as they stand and expectations for the future? Doe's anyone see CZ coming back and if so what way will that effect be on  the community that has been building slowly since 1block has came on the scene? Any thoughts would be good, cheers....

Interesting questions which also would like to ask and i bump it again.
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: