Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:03:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210680 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dwarf0

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:46:59 PM

IMHO Kucoin listing itself will not help alot to make BBR great, still I do not try to say it is useless. I think main problem is that the coin does not have enough motivated dev team. I do not mind if the mining fee would be raised to 10-15% so it could help to cover dev expences, but the same time there should be interesting and clear roadmap.
  Last fall me and many others witnessed some interesting movements, BBR got listed and people raised its price many times.
 BBR is like a great muscle car but its state is awful. Last fall some rust had been removed from its body and then work has been paused. But if we want to see our car(coin) beautiful and shiny at an early date we have to get it to a good body shop. I do understand that would cost considerable price so I vote for mining fee rising.
  I see some people efforts towards improvement but that way rust could devour the car before its wide success.
 And yes, BBR deposits which stuck at polo and bittrex is a great issue too

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mallik.danish

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:38:43 PM

what is the yearly staking percentage of boolberry? and correct me if i am wrong, the max supply of boolberry is 18,450,000?
duosa

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:45:55 PM

How the revenues of users actives will be provide?
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:28:05 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 08:51:19 PM by b4h4mu7
Merited by tbearhere (50)

Hi everyone! Apologies for the lack of updates, we've been organizing our marketing efforts and putting pressure on Kucoin to expedite the listing to coordinate with our marketing efforts. I've also followed up with other exchanges to make sure we have redundancy in event of any future lag on their part.

First, I would like to thank everyone who has donated to the initiative thus far and a massive thanks to 1block for the recent 28,000BBR donation! That will definitely help our efforts for the project! We need more of the major holders in this community to step up and start contributing large donations to fund project related initiatives. I've personally donated over 80% of my holdings to various project related initiatives along with my own time and resources so it makes sense for others passive investors to contribute as well since we will all end up profiting from it.

Second, we're starting another fundraising initiative to help compensate the cryptography team behind the upcoming Boolberry V2 whitepaper. They will also be doing a presentation on the paper at the upcoming Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2018 conference (http://fc18.ifca.ai/). For those unfamiliar with this conference it is the most prestigious cryptography event of the year co-produced by International Association for Cryptologic Research (www.IACR.org).

As mentioned in earlier posts, I've made sure to compensate everyone who has helped out on the project thus far and any help from the community to further those contributions will just create a longer lasting bond and loyalty to the project moving forward. In addition, we're also looking into sponsoring this event. If anyone is interested in helping out on this initiative please feel free to PM me. IMO, the upcoming whitepaper and respective code will be the difference between a $50 project and a $500+ project as there as very few projects in cryptospace with this level of academic contribution and the ones that have it are all within the top 20 market caps.

Lastly, we're in the middle of updating the Boolberry.com website to a refreshed version so you might experience some downtime trying to access the site. This is a coordinated move to support our marketing efforts which are well underway. For those unaware, Boolberry's first major mention in mainstream media has just gone live on inc.com!

https://www.inc.com/nicolas-cole/as-blockchain-technology-establishes-itself-in-2018-privacy-becomes-next-issue-to-address.html

Please feel free to retweet!

https://twitter.com/BrianDEvans/status/955514881364574208

Thanks all!
ninjacoins

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:47:45 PM

Thanks for the update. I would be happy to contribute but unfortunately, i am still waiting to make an investment in Boolberry.

On another note, is there any progress being made on Doubloons as that thread seems to be without updates for a month.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:28:54 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 11:52:56 PM by rdnkjdi

Thanks for the update. I would be happy to contribute but unfortunately, i am still waiting to make an investment in Boolberry.

On another note, is there any progress being made on Doubloons as that thread seems to be without updates for a month.

I'm curious about this as well.

I was super excited about the prospect of forking Boolberry (although I just started holding some a month or so ago) as it seems like all the improvements together would do more good than split projects.  However I am interested in being involved in both.

If / when my time allows, I may be able to help.

Much thanks for your effort b4h4mu7
b4h4mu7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:00:06 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 03:12:14 AM by b4h4mu7

You're welcome!

It's ok, if you can't contribute funds, there's other ways to contribute by helping out the project in different ways. Anything helps, time is the most precious resource available! A simple comment about Boolberry on an article related to cryptocurrency and privacy; reaching out to various supporting services to request Boolberry be added to their platform. There's really an infinite number of ways to contribute if you don't have the means to donate. If you look at the early days of Bitcoin there were multiple websites promoting it, multiple individuals coming up with new guerilla tactics to promote the currency i.e. youtube videos, blogs etc.

I would like to get this community as excited as I am for the future of this project. The more proactive the community, the stronger the currency is moving forward. I really believe we have a perfect storm here to make a meaningful and sustainable impact in the cryptocurrency space. Zoidberg is highly motivated as is his team. Both of our marketing teams just joined forces today so you can believe there are some incredible things in the pipeline for Boolberry in 2018!

I'm curious about this as well.

I was super excited about the prospect of forking Boolberry (although I just started holding some a month or so ago) as it seems like all the improvements together would do more good than split projects.  However I am interested in being involved in both.

If / when my time allows, I may be able to help.

Much thanks for your effort b4h4mu7

Boolberry will be much stronger without any split in the community or the project direction. A single project with all the amazing features Zoidberg is working on along with the new ring signature scheme and an A+ marketing engine - we'll be the top Cryptonote project for the foreseeable future. Also, if the community is interested in i2p code we can also look into porting that over to Boolberry as well.

I'm also involved in both projects and there's nothing wrong with that. Doubloon still some ways out until we have the new system ready for public testing. Stay tuned to the other thread for that project. Let's keep the two threads reserved for each project!

Cheers ladies and gentlemen! Here's to an amazing 2018 for Boolberry!
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 04:36:13 AM

First, I would like to thank everyone who has donated to the initiative thus far and a massive thanks to 1block for the recent 28,000BBR donation! That will definitely help our efforts for the project!

Glad to help! You have 100% consensus now lets do this!

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
ninjacoins

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:00:28 AM

Is there any chance Boolberry will have a masternode system or similar?
wenjiannin

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:39:38 PM

Thank you 4x5 (400BBR) and 2coynz (200BBR) for the donations towards the Kucoin listing!
what is  the listing fee for Kucoin?

I sent you PM. These exchanges don't like having their fees public as each fee is on a coin by coin basis so out of respect for them, I'm getting listing donations through PM.
Any updates on Kucoin? does implementation typically take a long time?

Still trying to raise funds for the listing fee.. At the moment we've only raised about 10% of the fee. I don't mind covering the rest but I've already put a lot of coins into Boolberry R&D. We need some of the other holders to start contributing to project costs.
whelp hopefully you get the fee, if thats the only thing standing in the way? Id think there are a few out there with a rather large supply at a low accusation cost that will come forward and help out, they are the ones with the most to gain.

Maybe an update with how the R&D progress is going will motivate the community to come forward and get it listed?  From past post correct me if I'm wrong, lots of that R&D seemed to have been focused towards the other project in hopes of a fork or?? there hasn't been any announcement from CZ or anyone else over than wallet fix.  

No worries mate. If we don't raise enough for the listing fee then I'll refund everyone who donated to it and cancel the integration.

and what's the point? what will be the next steps after cancelation?

any big exchange will not offer small listing fee. could be the same situation.

we can try to put pressure on exchanges(like poloniex) where boolberry balances is “freezing”.may be when withdraws enable donations will be going faster.

100% true a lot of people have not much stake in bbr right now because poloniex stolen their coins. Also xdn and xcn all locked there by that tristan da costa or whatever that ass hole is called.
All my coins have the poloniex , and now they can't get it out. If I can take it out, I can donate 50%, and that will be a big number, about 10000BBR
b4h4mu7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:43:00 PM

Zoidberg is planning to bring in a Proof of Stake hybrid system into Boolberry. Dash's masternode system started out as a privacy mechanism for its coinjoin system but at it core it is basically a Proof of Stake layer that requires users have a 1000 coins to participate. Since Boolberry was designed from the ground up for privacy the coinjoin mixing layer of the "masternode" system is unnecessary. By design their system is not very egalitarian and because of that it drives the price up by requiring users to have 1000 coins and those coins remain off market staking which also reduces the availability of the coin supply.
ninjacoins

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:49:05 PM

Zoidberg is planning to bring in a Proof of Stake hybrid system into Boolberry. Dash's masternode system started out as a privacy mechanism for its coinjoin system but at it core it is basically a Proof of Stake layer that requires users have a 1000 coins to participate. By design their system is not very egalitarian and because of that it drives the price up by requiring users to have 1000 coins and those coins remain off market staking which also reduces the availability of the coin supply.

Cool. Wouldnt the reduced supply be beneficial in increasing the price? Less circulating supply plus more demand.
b4h4mu7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:53:20 PM

Zoidberg is planning to bring in a Proof of Stake hybrid system into Boolberry. Dash's masternode system started out as a privacy mechanism for its coinjoin system but at it core it is basically a Proof of Stake layer that requires users have a 1000 coins to participate. By design their system is not very egalitarian and because of that it drives the price up by requiring users to have 1000 coins and those coins remain off market staking which also reduces the availability of the coin supply.

Cool. Wouldnt the reduced supply be beneficial in increasing the price? Less circulating supply plus more demand.

Yes it would. It's proven very effective for Dash. It might be something for the community to discuss with Zoidberg as an option. I personally prefer egalitarianism (any amount can stake) which would let everyone help secure the network by staking. I see there are some movements in the Dash community now to lower the masternode requirement.

Another thing to consider is CN projects have daemon and wallet as two separate processes. In theory, one could run a daemon and allow others to connect remotely to it so they don't have to sync daemon. This "Masternode" daemon could be compensated for its service through a fee for each user that uses it, similar to how Dash's masternodes are compensated for providing privacy.
b4h4mu7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:05:56 PM

All my coins have the poloniex , and now they can't get it out. If I can take it out, I can donate 50%, and that will be a big number, about 10000BBR

Hi,

Have you tried making post on their reddit page? It seems like the only place they will respond to any claims. I think we should start some kind of thread to get a total amount of BBR frozen on Poloniex then after we have a total count or close to one, proceed to hire legal team to pursue them to release funds and possibly damages for inconvenience caused by their actions.
ninjacoins

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:22:09 PM

Yes it would. It's proven very effective for Dash. It might be something for the community to discuss with Zoidberg as an option. I personally prefer egalitarianism (any amount can stake) which would let everyone help secure the network by staking. I see there are some movements in the Dash community now to lower the masternode requirement.

Another thing to consider is CN projects have daemon and wallet as two separate processes. In theory, one could run a daemon and allow others to connect remotely to it so they don't have to sync daemon. This "Masternode" daemon could be compensated for its service through a fee for each user that uses it, similar to how Dash's masternodes are compensated for providing privacy.

Yeah, i quite like that (Any amount can stake) mechanism. I think Zoidberg will have a cool hybrid system in place.
b4h4mu7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:31:39 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 08:03:24 PM by b4h4mu7

Hi,

Have you tried making post on their reddit page? It seems like the only place they will respond to any claims. I think we should start some kind of thread to get a total amount of BBR frozen on Poloniex then after we have a total count or close to one, proceed to hire legal team to pursue them to release funds and possibly damages for inconvenience caused by their actions.

Hi wenjiannin,

I've started a Boolberry claims thread for all victims in this community that have pain and suffering claims against Bittrex or Poloniex. Hopefully we can get a full accounting of the amount frozen and then move towards legal action against them to force them to release everyone's funds. There is no scenario where this situation is acceptable and there is also no shortage of law firms that would take up this case on contingency basis for a portion of the damages claim. Unlike the Mt Gox claim (https://www.mtgoxlegal.com/) both exchanges are still operational and have not declared bankruptcy yet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2811962.0
b4h4mu7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:11:07 PM

New BBR explorer URL:

https://boolberry.io/en/
Entusiasta

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:56:56 PM

1.- How do you know a master node has not been compromised? How do you know all masternode network has not been hacked?  PoW is the only solution to the Byzantine Generals' Problem. PoS is not a PoW, so it has an inherent risk. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/proof-that-proof-of-work-is-the-only-solution-to-the-byzantine-generals-problem/

2.- There are no ASICs for wildkeccack, and BBR has a well distributed hashingpower.

3.- The first and most succeful cryptocoin is pure PoW.

4.- Crytpcoin leaders in privacy vertical are pure PoW.

5.- Dash is not a cryptocurrency to imitate: its mixing system is horrifying, you need a course to temper it. And its does not garanted privacy because PoS cannot solve the  Byzantine Generals' Problem.

6.- The "availability of the coin supply" should be reduced by the quality of BBR, security of its blockchain and privacy must be the focus: "Privacy and Security - Guaranted".

So, what's the point in PoS for BBR?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:19:58 PM

I would rather let scammed people get their coins and dump us into oblivion than build success on the back of a shady exchange screwing people over
b4h4mu7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:21:46 PM

1.- How do you know a master node has not been compromised? How do you know all masternode network has not been hacked?  PoW is the only solution to the Byzantine Generals' Problem. PoS is not a PoW, so it has an inherent risk. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/proof-that-proof-of-work-is-the-only-solution-to-the-byzantine-generals-problem/

2.- There are no ASICs for wildkeccack, and BBR has a well distributed hashingpower.

3.- The first and most succeful cryptocoin is pure PoW.

4.- Crytpcoin leaders in privacy vertical are pure PoW.

5.- Dash is not a cryptocurrency to imitate: its mixing system is horrifying, you need a course to temper it. And its does not garanted privacy because PoS cannot solve the  Byzantine Generals' Problem.

6.- The "availability of the coin supply" should be reduced by the quality of BBR, security of its blockchain and privacy must be the focus: "Privacy and Security - Guaranted".

So, what's the point in PoS for BBR?

Hi there!

1 - I'm not an advocate of masternodes in the traditional sense. As mentioned in my earlier post, Boolberry was designed from the ground up for privacy and efficiency so bolting some archaic coinjoin based system doesn't make sense from any angle. The theoretical remote "masternode" concept I spoke of is something that is possible across CN projects as the daemon and wallet are two separate processes. The main point for the latter would be compensation in the way of a convenience fee for running said nodes.

2 - Agreed

3 - Agreed

4 - Dash is still technically in the privacy vertical even though their coinjoin system is the technological equivalent of a horse and carriage in comparison to Boolberry.

5 - Agreed

6 - Agreed. This is why I said, "I personally prefer egalitarianism (any amount can stake) which would let everyone help secure the network by staking." over the masternode concept which requires 1000 coins to participate in securing the network.

Some believe Zoidberg is the original author of the Cryptonote protocol, so by that logic and his previous track record - anything he adds to the system should add some value to the protocol. Be that a failover in the event the coin eventually starts hitting the tail emission or a secondary layer in the event of network attack. If you look at Monero's solution to the former, they essentially have an infinite supply of coins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/7nox43/is_it_good_that_monero_has_an_infinite_supply/

The system Zoidberg described is a hybrid PoW/PoS system, not a pure PoS system. I would take a hybrid system over an inflationary cryptocurrency any day of the week. If you notice he made some very strategic changes when Boolberry was launched and those changes have been able to minimize the block chain size by over 90% in comparison to Monero which was launched at the same time and mitigate temporal analysis attempts.

I would personally reserve judgement on the hybrid system until he announces it in detail.
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: