Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:47:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579345 times)
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2019, 09:22:14 AM

very disgusting poloniex. curiously MAID was the only coin that I had in polo. now Im withdrawal them and I will delete account. I delist poloniex

LOL, I saw this coming long time ago.  Congratulation Maidsafe, you hit a new all time low.  I delisted Polo many years ago;  King exchange of shitcoins.

Roll Eyes Always some wise ass who saw it coming but what company do you run that is successful?.. real world factors are hard to work with.. guessing at them and claiming credit after, is childs-play.

Also, it's not Maidsafe that's hit a new low.. its Poloniex.
Very shortsighted of them.

Their customer service sucks too: reply below just received is a boilerplate of ignorance.
Hi,

Happy to help explain!

We delist assets as part of our mission to provide customers with the most innovative projects that fuel the industry and to ensure the assets meet the high standards customers deserve.

We consider listing or delisting assets based on whether the asset has sufficient trading volume, whether it aligns with the core tenets of the crypto community, whether it is backed by robust technology, whether it creates real value for a meaningful number of customers, and whether it's backed by a strong, experienced team. In addition, we also consider other factors such as new guidance from regulators.

For additional information, please see our Poloniex Delisting Policy. If you have any other questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Cody - Poloniex

> other factors such as new guidance from regulators
I've queried if that was a factor but I've little hope of a clear answer, given the dull response from someone whose feedback is branded as Canadian Circle not Poloniex.

How ignorant are you about the projects, if you mistake MAID as not being innovative! They are one of the most innovative and have made great progress this last couple of years on the back of a previous ten.
What they are doing is hard.

Just more evidence of the need to move away from dependency on 3rd parties.

Too many cowboyz in crypto..

Innovation will suffer, if the great projects like MAID do not thrive.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
broadhurst

Activity: 159
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 09:48:11 AM

very disgusting poloniex. curiously MAID was the only coin that I had in polo. now Im withdrawal them and I will delete account. I delist poloniex

LOL, I saw this coming long time ago.  Congratulation Maidsafe, you hit a new all time low.  I delisted Polo many years ago;  King exchange of shitcoins.

Roll Eyes Always some wise ass who saw it coming but what company do you run that is successful?.. real world factors are hard to work with.. guessing at them and claiming credit after, is childs-play.

Also, it's not Maidsafe that's hit a new low.. its Poloniex.
Very shortsighted of them.

Their customer service sucks too: reply below just received is a boilerplate of ignorance.
Hi,

Happy to help explain!

We delist assets as part of our mission to provide customers with the most innovative projects that fuel the industry and to ensure the assets meet the high standards customers deserve.

We consider listing or delisting assets based on whether the asset has sufficient trading volume, whether it aligns with the core tenets of the crypto community, whether it is backed by robust technology, whether it creates real value for a meaningful number of customers, and whether it's backed by a strong, experienced team. In addition, we also consider other factors such as new guidance from regulators.

For additional information, please see our Poloniex Delisting Policy. If you have any other questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Cody - Poloniex

> other factors such as new guidance from regulators
I've queried if that was a factor but I've little hope of a clear answer, given the dull response from someone whose feedback is branded as Canadian Circle not Poloniex.

How ignorant are you about the projects, if you mistake MAID as not being innovative! They are one of the most innovative and have made great progress this last couple of years on the back of a previous ten.
What they are doing is hard.

Just more evidence of the need to move away from dependency on 3rd parties.

Too many cowboyz in crypto..

Innovation will suffer, if the great projects like MAID do not thrive.

Bought Maid in 2016 but had to sell earlier this year as I had given them enough time to launch - 40% drop today, their is something fundamentally wrong with Maidsafe if it drops just because you have been delisted from a 2nd rate exchange
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2019, 11:29:34 AM

their is something fundamentally wrong with Maidsafe if it drops just because you have been delisted from a 2nd rate exchange

*there is
and there is nothing wrong with Maidsafe.. but for the liability of 3rd parties, that's the whole point!
3rd parties should not be able to impact the value of a project.. but anyone can impact a market with low volume.. even noobs know that!

Fortunately most MAID are held for longer term and by those who understand a great project potential.

The entire purpose of the project to decentralise the internet and make it a trusted autonomous network.. that is quite unique - for all the pretenders who are looking to do it cheap and create the illusion of product, the reality is that delivering something real, is more profitable.

Everything worthwhile is hard.. and I've not seen another project in cryptospace the likes of the quality that they've evidenced. It's close to another release.

Good projects should be supported not undermined. Cowboyz who chase markets for a quick profit, exploiting the naive and new investors, should be the ones to lose out. Shorting and chasing markets is for losers. Seek quality.

broadhurst

Activity: 159
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 04:55:29 PM

their is something fundamentally wrong with Maidsafe if it drops just because you have been delisted from a 2nd rate exchange

*there is
and there is nothing wrong with Maidsafe.. but for the liability of 3rd parties, that's the whole point!
3rd parties should not be able to impact the value of a project.. but anyone can impact a market with low volume.. even noobs know that!

Fortunately most MAID are held for longer term and by those who understand a great project potential.

The entire purpose of the project to decentralise the internet and make it a trusted autonomous network.. that is quite unique - for all the pretenders who are looking to do it cheap and create the illusion of product, the reality is that delivering something real, is more profitable.

Everything worthwhile is hard.. and I've not seen another project in cryptospace the likes of the quality that they've evidenced. It's close to another release.

Good projects should be supported not undermined. Cowboyz who chase markets for a quick profit, exploiting the naive and new investors, should be the ones to lose out. Shorting and chasing markets is for losers. Seek quality.

Get real, do you really think that Maidsafe is going to be the new Internet - your average Internet user unfortunately does not give two hoots for a trusted autonomous network, they are used to large corporations like Google providing them with the tools to surf the net and store their data - Maidsafe is not going to replace TCP/IP anytime soon
so you had better be prepared for a long wait for Maidsafe's Internet.
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2019, 05:09:09 PM

your average

Your average anything is behind the curve.. of course it's going to take a while.
If you want to get real, then consider that the v1.0 of the Internet is still finding its way.

Detractors and all kinds of others fools, are quick to criticise what they care not to put time into understanding but all outputs worthwhile take time.
Being cynical is lazy.. and fleecing noobs on markets is greedy. We should all want better than a dog eat dog exploit world.

Privacy; security; and freedom, each and together do matter.. and saying otherwise does not stop that reality.

Either you care for making a better world or you are getting in the way.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 08:42:31 PM

Rate them accordingly
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plunien.poloniex
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2019, 06:39:23 PM

Great news! Cheesy

MAID Relisted on ChainRift

Following Poloniex's error, ChainRift seems to have adopted the role and reached out.

MAID was then relisted on ChainRift today.
Trading for MAID/BTC trading pairs is open now!

More detail in the SAFE Network forum at https://safenetforum.org/t/maid-relisted-on-chainrift/30674

A big year ahead

Cool

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 07:16:40 PM

How about listing on Bitfinex (they already have omni)
Or Binance ?
Or Southxchange (they even have LN deposits)
Or Bitcoin.com
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2019, 07:29:15 PM

It would be good to see more follow.. if only that it helps visibility of the project and its goals.

Maidsafe suggest in the post that they will provide some early liquidity and perhaps expensive to provide liquidity to many markets. I wonder the important point about today's announcement is that it provides a tool for those wanting to buy and sell.. though I wonder most who understand this project are holding as hard as they can. From my cold dead hands Cheesy

davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2019, 07:39:42 PM

from the forum https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-update-november-2019/30262
We won’t have any focus on negotiating with exchanges/partners or similar (We won’t ignore them though)

They are all focused atm with development.. there's been a lot of good work over the last year.. hopefully they can get to a release that removes dependency on 3rd parties.. which is the whole point of course. A trusted network is a whole new kind of option for alsorts of solutions.

bitabit

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 06:44:10 AM

Oh great, now we got ChainRift where people can dump the balance of their Maid tokens.  It is kind of hypocritical to support a project geared towards privacy and decentralization, but at the same time supporting a centralized exchange like Poloniex that for many year has proven to be an agent of the government, and which poor customer service reflect how little they give a damn about its clients.  It is ironical that it is Poloniex taking the step to delist itself than its users.  Meanwhile you got the best DEX out there called BISQ, and nobody is using it (and Maid is in it).

ln regards to MaidSafe project, I do support.  But lets be real; the maid "coins" are worthless tokens sitting on the bitcoin blockchain and has nothing to do with the MaidSafe project.  People gave away their worthy Bitcoins for worthless tokens with the expectation that they would get something worthy in the future.  That future was supposed to be "soon" or even "very soon" but ended up to be an eternity.
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 11:47:32 AM

Being cynical is lazy..

The reality is that there is always going to be a mix of interests in play.
All development worthwhile takes time and hard work.
The progress this year speaks for itself and promises a very interesting 2020.

You have to be realistic to see a return of any kind, be it profit in the value of tokens or utility.

It is kind of hypocritical to support a project geared towards privacy and decentralization, but at the same time supporting a centralized exchange

It is not hypocritical, it is practical!.. obviously.

The option to use real safecoin on the SAFE network does not exist just yet and the engagement from Chainrift has already noted that its short term and they will assist with the bridge moving coins from Omni to SAFE.

wtf is BISQ.. if there's a good option that you're keen on, then promote it to those who might make use of it.. but tools are just that, they need users.

As above, there will be many different interests in play.. like it or not, a lot about BTC is those looking to make profit by trading coins.

The reality behind the markets is that projects need funding and that is the key reason MAID exists. That it's maintained its position reflects the wide support from those who understand the importance and value of privacy; security; and freedom - Honi soit qui mal y pense..

We need tools that support individuals realising their own privacy; security; and freedom and no other project I've seen, is doing that in any meaningful way that has such real potential. All projects have their detractors but be fair and note the real intent.

ChainRift can be a place where people can dump the balance of their Maid tokens..
 and it can be a place that those who understand the value of such a project as Maidsafe requires support and provides opportunity for a growth in value too.

Again consider that speed at which they received support when they ask for it.. within a day they had twice as much as needed. Yes, tokens are conceptually worthless until they are on SAFE.. you can't eat them.. but if you're going to argue against MAID, then argue against all coins ..
think differently and "be real" Wink

-----
Anyhow, I was just passing to note by very positive experience using Chainrift Cheesy .. was as good as Poloniex Cry used to be.
https://www.chainrift.com/trading?coinpair=MAID/BTC&#

Having been here since Nov2010.. Maidsafe working to develop the SAFE Network is the single best project I've seen.
See https://safenetwork.tech/ and the forum at https://safenetforum.org/ for more.

Cool

bitabit

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 11:37:01 PM

My criticism here is oriented towards the token and not towards the project, except for its huge delay and outrageous optimistic timeline.  In regards to me promoting BISQ or any other projects that I believe in, I don't, except for a few mentions here and there where there is a purpose besides marketing and FOMO.  I think a project should grow organically.  If people don't want to use BISQ or prefer centralized exchanges, then it is their fault if they get a letter from their government or loose their deposits.
Not every project needs funding.  Bitcoin didn't need funding.  Open Source or community project often don't need fundings. Maidsafe is a company, and as such needs funding.  It is reasonable to say that when a project is complex, it needs to have an organization behind it.  But often this organization will get corrupted if successful.  I do believe that Maidsafe is the most interesting project out there and I wish it success.  But I stay away from the token unless its price meets its true value (not future value).
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2019, 11:05:16 AM

My criticism here is oriented towards the token and not towards the project, except for its huge delay and outrageous optimistic timeline.

Criticism is as easy as lazy cynicism..

The roadmap is not a timeline and the core devs have rightly shyed away from making the error of suggesting when each foot will fall. Pandering to day trading is an error too many projects make.

Still, there  is talk of when to expect the next round of testing.. calendar for 2020 branded as Fleming which is a big step we've been looking forward to.

But often this organization will get corrupted if successful.  I do believe that Maidsafe is the most interesting project out there and I wish it success.  But I stay away from the token unless its price meets its true value (not future value).

That's a lazy understanding.. you would do well taking a closer look. Maidsafe is set to establish the network but there is no intent for centralised control that would become corrupt, as such basic concepts are well understood and to be avoided. We only need to look to  gov orgs to recognise the risk of stagnation and error following from good intentions! Complexity and new tools do not arise to provide base platform without focused single team but what is spawned should work well as an autonomous network.

If all you look to is current price then you are missing an opportunity to support real progress and a brighter future.

bitabit

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 08:10:29 PM

Criticism is as easy as lazy cynicism..

“Without criticism there would be no improvements.”
Geoffroy Birtz
bitabit

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 08:13:02 PM

If all you look to is current price then you are missing an opportunity to support real progress and a brighter future.

Don't worry, I will support Maidsafe the project as a user.  I have no use for the token until it becomes useful, and the market seems to be in agreement.
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 09:55:25 PM

“Without criticism there would be no improvements.”
Geoffroy Birtz

Those who have no contribution to make, do think a lot of their opinion. The world will forget the like of Geoffrey Birtz, if that is the best he suggests!

Negative feedback is useful for making systems robust but there is nothing like understanding an opportunity and supporting a project directly.

Nothing gets created in a vacuum .. you support development; you get reward.
SAFE is an important project with great potential to affect the world.

Greed is not good, regardless of what the boomers and opportunists might tell you.

In a world full now of alsorts of crypto currency, there are truely very few projects that can evidence any vision and quality of progress like this one.

To invest, get your BTC over to https://www.chainrift.com/trading?coinpair=MAID/BTC& and buy some MAID.
for background see https://safenetwork.tech/ and the forum at https://safenetforum.org/

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 08:02:21 AM

Why don't you put Maid on the Bitfinex ? They already trade Omni
davidpbrown

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2020, 09:49:25 PM

Why don't you put Maid on the Bitfinex ?

Bitfinex perhaps should choose to do so themselves.
The devs are busy and not minded to pander to traders but I would like to see MAID more easily available and more widely known.
Chainrift seems to have committed to seeing them through to the exchange onto the SAFE network once that's stable and proven for adopting currency.. which is nice. Putting up the MAID to fuel an exchange is a big ask when everyone who knows is holding.
But yeah.. more exchanges the better for price and the underlying funding for the project.

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 10:30:14 AM

Why don't you put Maid on the Bitfinex ?

The devs are busy and not minded to pander to traders

That's what the Zen Protocol owner and devs have been saying since the ICO, so it's only being traded on a shady Chinese exchange and the price went from $2.5 to $0.01  with zero volume. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zen-protocol/
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: