Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 03:02:23 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 534552 times)
Mitchow

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:54:43 AM

So Maidsafe can hit USD 1 after launch of Alpha 2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Laje

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:22:24 PM

I think it's a good project to invest, preferably on mid/long term.
They are active and inform to people about the project in their blog every month. I think it's serious and a good value to gain credibility.
For now, it's not a tomb project and its value is rising despite typically market drops.
Maybe, Maidsafe team need to captivate internet media, a lot of people only know projects only for their popularity.

Maidsafe has my support, and I'm totally agree that with Alpha 2 its value will increases.
zeeman

Activity: 549

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:14:31 PM

https://blog.maidsafe.net/2017/05/04/safe-network-development-summary-may-2017/

Enjoy!@!
Sam123

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:30:58 PM

When do you believe the dev of Decorum project (seneca) can start using the Data mutable API.
Thanks,

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
davide72

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 12:55:37 PM

the alpha 2 it will ready this month , what do you think? thanks

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
TronQuix

Educoins! Learning Is Earning

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:59:48 AM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-may-4-2017/13527

Great update, devs can now run local network with the SAFE Browser and Authenticator against mock routing. This means they can start to build Apps while MaidSafe keeps working on
other layers.

So does this mean we can now "get in" so to speak, or if we missed the first run we still have to wait till Alpha 2? Or am I totally lost?

There used to be a Launcher with Demo_app and and a bunch of proxy-settings to connect to Alpha 1. Same for the testnets.

MaidSafe is moving away from all these different Apps, the idea is to just provide the SAFE Browser which connects you to the network. Web_apps in that browser allow you to create an account etc.

We are now at a level where external devs can build Apps that run in this browser with a local mock_network. So they can test the APIs and build applications to test locally.

The moment MaidSafe releases Alpha 2 it will be all over their twitter, website and forum. That's the moment they say: Here's our official release, it connects you to our SAFE Network. But we are not there yet, external devs are now asked to test out the SAFE Browser with their own apps and see where they get stuck.

So in the coming weeks somewhere they will officially release Alpha 2. It will be the second official release as we've already seen Alpha 1.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Yes it does thank you!!! And if I am correct, Alpha 2, is when this "mining" happens right? Or the ability to start to participate in that, I thought that I read something someone that the mining portion may not actually pay out until later in the game? I guess the crux of my questions... how can I get in monetarily? Is the primary way through an exchange at this point?

I've been thinking a lot about this coin. How is this different from the Tor Network? I guess the simple answer is that it uses a some sort of a ledger. Secondly, let's say that this does take off, and becomes something that is widely accepted in the same way that our current internet is... what is to stop me from renting space from a large server and offering up my server to the MaidSafe Network. Over time, with commercialization  and the need for more and more space my projection would be that everything would move towards large servers, which seems to kinda defeat the purpose of the proposed network.

zeeman

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:21:38 AM

Yes it does thank you!!! And if I am correct, Alpha 2, is when this "mining" happens right? Or the ability to start to participate in that, I thought that I read something someone that the mining portion may not actually pay out until later in the game? I guess the crux of my questions... how can I get in monetarily? Is the primary way through an exchange at this point?

I've been thinking a lot about this coin. How is this different from the Tor Network? I guess the simple answer is that it uses a some sort of a ledger. Secondly, let's say that this does take off, and becomes something that is widely accepted in the same way that our current internet is... what is to stop me from renting space from a large server and offering up my server to the MaidSafe Network. Over time, with commercialization  and the need for more and more space my projection would be that everything would move towards large servers, which seems to kinda defeat the purpose of the proposed network.

No, "mining" is called "farming" and isn't active yet. It means people earning money when they run Vaults from home. We have ran Vaults from home but Farming and Safecoin aren't implemented yet.

TOR connects you to the "normal internet" and is easy to use with 1 browser.

SAFE will only connect you to the SAFE Network and Alpha 2 will bring us a simple browser as well.

Big difference between the 2 is the storage and domain aspect. SAFE allows you to create a simple safe://website where you don't need to run a server. It does allow for dynamic websites though. So someone could create safe://chatwebsite  where you could surf and chat on the fully encrypted SAFE Network. Nobody knows who you are, no one knows your IP and when someone sends you a link to mycatvideo.mp4 and you click and download this 87 mb. file nobody will even know it. It's full privacy, security and freedom. That's also the reason why there's no link to the "normal" internet. Trackers, cookies and scripts could otherwise load on a normal website and expose you on the SAFE Network. MaidSafe separates their own network from the rest to keep things secure. The good news is you don't even need a torrent website. See a file you want?? Just right click and use "save as" to download the file in the most secure way you can imagine.
minime0105

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:52:43 PM

If alpha 2 will be ready this month, maidsafe can break its all time high for sure. Easy breezy. Good time to buy maidsafe. Smiley. Road to 1$ stage.
TronQuix

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:39:47 PM

No, "mining" is called "farming" and isn't active yet. It means people earning money when they run Vaults from home. We have ran Vaults from home but Farming and Safecoin aren't implemented yet.

TOR connects you to the "normal internet" and is easy to use with 1 browser.

SAFE will only connect you to the SAFE Network and Alpha 2 will bring us a simple browser as well.

Big difference between the 2 is the storage and domain aspect. SAFE allows you to create a simple safe://website where you don't need to run a server. It does allow for dynamic websites though. So someone could create safe://chatwebsite  where you could surf and chat on the fully encrypted SAFE Network. Nobody knows who you are, no one knows your IP and when someone sends you a link to mycatvideo.mp4 and you click and download this 87 mb. file nobody will even know it. It's full privacy, security and freedom. That's also the reason why there's no link to the "normal" internet. Trackers, cookies and scripts could otherwise load on a normal website and expose you on the SAFE Network. MaidSafe separates their own network from the rest to keep things secure. The good news is you don't even need a torrent website. See a file you want?? Just right click and use "save as" to download the file in the most secure way you can imagine.

- Thank you for the correction on the mining piece, that is what I was referring to. You can purchase Safecoin correct?

- I should have clarified on the tor piece, I guess I meant the onion network that exists on tor. However it is interesting knowing that you can't access the standard internet.

- I guess also clarification on the last piece, if I am awarded monetarily for offering space, and if this project continues to expand, theoretically space will come at a premium. I guess what I'm postulating is a time when/if MaidSafe becomes an internet as powerful as the current internet. I would presume it would be hard to sustain something that large on an intranet of vaults, thus requiring the need to move to servers. Which would counter the aspect decentralization? Now maybe that wouldn't matter, but just curious.

minime0105

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:53:24 AM

Well..lets hope for the besttt!. Smiley,
That's the only thing we can do for now, but rise is certain, because for sure, trade volume and demand will be high as well after the release.
Karodozo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:28:24 PM

Some time ago I did not check MAID, when I woke up, I decided to buy some and check the news, apparently good things come?
zeeman

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:30:14 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-may-11-2017/13627

Enjoy!@!
Sam123

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:16:29 PM

Great update.
Hopefully Decorum will be able to use MutableData API soon

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 854

Bounty Manager

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:29:47 PM

Is there any difference between maidsafe and maidsafe coin or the terms being used interchangeably?If I buy on polo,can I move it to any available wallet?

███████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀███████████████████
█████████████    ▀▀███████████████▄
██████               ▀▀████████████
█                        ██████████
                     ▄▄████████████
         ████    ▄▄███████████████▀
      ███████▄▄███████████████████
     ████████████████████████████▀
    ████████████████████████████
   █████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████

Refereum
███
███
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
███
███
███
███
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
 ██
███
███
TronQuix

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:39:41 PM

Why aren't more people active on this coin, I feel like its a hidden gem!

asenski

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:00:35 AM

Because it's been a looooooooong time. Most people in crypto have no patience.
zeeman

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:43:59 AM

Is there any difference between maidsafe and maidsafe coin or the terms being used interchangeably?If I buy on polo,can I move it to any available wallet?

Maidsafe is the company building The SAFE Network.

Maidsafecoin (MAID) is the coin the coin which they sold during the crowdfund.

It runs on the OMNI protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain.

When Safecoin and Farming are implemented, you can swap your Maidsafe coins 1-for-1 for Safecoin. Safecoin will run on The SAFE Network, it's a coin/network without a blockchain. 
TronQuix

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:36:06 AM

valid point... I like the potential for adoption, which is arguably the most important piece in crypto imo. BitCoin is sorta taking on a new level because it has become an investment vehicle, at this point people will not be using it for transactions, in the same way people don't use gold for transactions, although theoretically that could still happen.

cyrixcer

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:37:55 AM

valid point... I like the potential for adoption, which is arguably the most important piece in crypto imo. BitCoin is sorta taking on a new level because it has become an investment vehicle, at this point people will not be using it for transactions, in the same way people don't use gold for transactions, although theoretically that could still happen.

Maid can go up significantly, but not now, because they still in alpha test. Price will go up when beta test is up.

▄▄
                                ▄████▄
                              ▄████████▄
              ▄             ▄████████████▄
            ▄███▄         ▄████████████████▄
          ▄███████▄     ▄████████████████████▄
        ▄███████████▄ ▄████████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄██████████████████████████████████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▀
      ▀██████████████████████████████████████████▀
        ▀███████████▀ ▀████████████████████████▀
          ▀███████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
            ▀███▀         ▀████████████████▀
              ▀             ▀████████████▀
                              ▀████████▀
                                ▀████▀
                                  ▀▀

MICROMONEY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

MicroMoney for People & Big Data for Business

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Reddit
Medium
Telegram
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 1568

keybase.io/mishax1

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:35:33 AM

Who's trying to aggressively sell 5m of maid on poloniex?
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.