Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 04:12:09 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 532265 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 1834

[LOL2X]

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

ok who has registered maidsafe.eth for $1700?  Grin

https://registrar.ens.domains/#maidsafe

LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy We might see it the other way around as well when Safecoin is implemented and domains can change ownership. Before that, there will be a hunt for all big domains I guess.

Making the huge assumption the project will actually launch Someday, how will MAID prevent the domain landgrab and rampant squatting which ruined Namecoin?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Anduril_FotW

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:12:35 PM

Theresa May saying internet should be regulated to avoid it being used by terrorists:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-internet-regulated-london-bridge-terror-attack-google-facebook-whatsapp-borough-security-a7771896.html

This sounds bad for the SAFE network...

Any thoughts on this ? Thanks !

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
AlteregoX

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:50:51 PM

Can i store Maid on my Ledger nano? i'm sure i can send them to the address, not sure if i can send them from the ledger to another wallet
22justin

Activity: 208

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 05:25:22 AM

any idea if it is possible to become a node still?

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q4 '17?  BLOCK (True DX), SHIFT (Decentralized Web/DNS) and XBY (Platform, Hungarian NEO).
Did you make money on my advice? why not feed my coffee addiction with a tip -> BTC: 3MBq18uHsgxcxayiiuMeb2DaauQatzLFPk | ETH:  0xce60ec323fe10b09d699b5c81385c5f667d2602f | NEO: AVu31eogsSoJQY9fFkEAcVZYUYZqbARuww Thanks!  Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
zeeman

Activity: 547

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:06:41 AM

Theresa May saying internet should be regulated to avoid it being used by terrorists:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-internet-regulated-london-bridge-terror-attack-google-facebook-whatsapp-borough-security-a7771896.html

They can't shut SAFE down once it's supported by nodes all over the world. Think of it like shutting down Bitcoin, how would you do that? Or how to shut down Freenet? Can't be done either. SAFE is based on open source software with its own browser.
Anduril_FotW

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:31:58 AM

They can't shut SAFE down once it's supported by nodes all over the world. Think of it like shutting down Bitcoin, how would you do that? Or how to shut down Freenet? Can't be done either. SAFE is based on open source software with its own browser.

Ok, that's reassuring. But they could make running the software illegal right ?
And they could hold the MAIDSAFE company or devs responsible for illegal activities performed by others on the SAFE network, just like they did with Ross Ulbricht from Silk Road.
Does MAIDSAFE have any publications were they adress these possible regulatory issues ?

zeeman

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:57:51 AM

And they could hold the MAIDSAFE company or devs responsible for illegal activities performed by others on the SAFE network, just like they did with Ross Ulbricht from Silk Road.
Does MAIDSAFE have any publications were they adress these possible regulatory issues ?

Ross Ulbricht from Silk Road was running a bunch of servers on TOR so he was the owner of the website and running it. On SAFE there are no servers. Coming testnet will run droplets hired by MaidSafe but we already had community testnets owned by no one. Freenet is out for over 10 years and is not forbidden by anyone, nor do they keep the devs responsible for what's on that network.

On SAFE you can register a domain like safe://bitcointalk without anyone knowing who's behind it. Even in the upcoming testnet MaidSafe has no clue who registered what username/domain and what files they uploaded. Even while they run the current network. So you can compare it with Z-cash. Nobody knows who owns what. In SAFE it's nobody knows who stores what. And nobody knows who surfs/downloads what.
Anduril_FotW

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:51:28 AM

Ross Ulbricht from Silk Road was running a bunch of servers on TOR so he was the owner of the website and running it. On SAFE there are no servers. Coming testnet will run droplets hired by MaidSafe but we already had community testnets owned by no one. Freenet is out for over 10 years and is not forbidden by anyone, nor do they keep the devs responsible for what's on that network.

On SAFE you can register a domain like safe://bitcointalk without anyone knowing who's behind it. Even in the upcoming testnet MaidSafe has no clue who registered what username/domain and what files they uploaded. Even while they run the current network. So you can compare it with Z-cash. Nobody knows who owns what. In SAFE it's nobody knows who stores what. And nobody knows who surfs/downloads what.

Ok, that sounds good ! Thanks for explaining and reassuring me about my investment  Cheesy Cool

Burmik123

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:57:39 PM

looks like it is very anonymity net. But dont you think, that governement will not like this? This net can be used for dark trades of smth like this. But now it sounds promising.

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 1988

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:08:20 PM

But dont you think, that governement will not like this?

Yup, like when the gov didn't like people using drugs and they started a war on drugs and now nobody can get or use drugs anymore.   Cheesy

Guess what, they don't like people using bitcoin and encryption either. Do you think they will be any more successful at stopping it? 
They are perhaps just smart enough to know they shouldn't even try as it will just make people more aware of the gov's powerlessness
to control it. Any actions they take will be the desperate last swipes of the dying dragons tail...

BossBee

Activity: 475

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:13:09 AM

Thats actually a great thing for the network because it cant be regulated

(and more people die from peanut allergies then staged terror attacks)

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
digi123

Activity: 234

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:43:38 AM

From what I have read bitcoin will be going through a possible fork on 1 Aug. The outcome of this is not known and won't be known until it starts to happen and is realised.
This will effect maidsafe because these coins are on the bitcoin network. The future of maidsafe coins is now as uncertain as bitcoin. What is being done by maidsafe about this? what protections do maidsafe owners have?
It is even worrying that there is yet no mention of this within this comunity.
Burmik123

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:24:55 AM

From what I have read bitcoin will be going through a possible fork on 1 Aug. The outcome of this is not known and won't be known until it starts to happen and is realised.
This will effect maidsafe because these coins are on the bitcoin network. The future of maidsafe coins is now as uncertain as bitcoin. What is being done by maidsafe about this? what protections do maidsafe owners have?
I think, BTC is very strong and rumors about fork are only rumors for market manipulation. MAID is solid project with light future, so do not panic.

digi123

Activity: 234

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:07:04 AM

I think, BTC is very strong and rumors about fork are only rumors for market manipulation. MAID is solid project with light future, so do not panic.

The project may be strong but the value of the traded coins are only as secure as the what they are attached to.
Something will have to happen sooner or later with bitcoin and maidsafe are apart of that system, there is much reason to be concerned while this attachment exists.
There could be two chains, reply problems, and it could end up being outright war within bitcoin comunities, just because nothing has happened doesn't mean it wont occur.
When things start to happen people don't show their cards untill it is to late, so don't think you know an outcome before something happens whether now or later.
AlteregoX

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:30:12 AM

Can I already earn tokens giving hosting space?

If so, where can i find a tutorial?
miKnutty

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:57:09 PM

The project may be strong but the value of the traded coins are only as secure as the what they are attached to.
Something will have to happen sooner or later with bitcoin and maidsafe are apart of that system, there is much reason to be concerned while this attachment exists.
There could be two chains, reply problems, and it could end up being outright war within bitcoin comunities, just because nothing has happened doesn't mean it wont occur.
When things start to happen people don't show their cards untill it is to late, so don't think you know an outcome before something happens whether now or later.

Thank you for outlining the possible downside but are you not thinking about the upside? What happens if all of the Bitcoin issues are resolved in a timely manner and this project takes off? We are all speculators here. You invest in the best available altcoins hoping to add to your profits. I think you would be crazy to sell MAID until you see a dramatic rise in price.

zeeman

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:01:09 PM

Can I already earn tokens giving hosting space?

If so, where can i find a tutorial?

No, not yet. We have to wait for Farming and Safecoin to be implemented.

First focus is TEST 20. The SAFE Browser with Authenticater and Mutable Data support. In other words: A browser which connects you to the network so you can upload (and later change) data. We should also see the first coins (not Safecoin though) moving between users. Not to forget the APIs for external devs to finally start the ecosystem with Apps etc. If this all works well it becomes Alpha 2 as official release, but expect some bugs in TEST 20 before we get there. So maybe we'll see TEST 20b first, who knows.

Currently half of the team is already working on Alpha 3. That one has support for datachains (part 1) and brings us Vaults from home again. In this case though, the whole process of a new Vaults joining the network is more secured in some sort of parallel hash table. 

After Alpha 3 they probably start on Farming and Safecoin implementation. But before that's officially released we're in 2018. Not a big deal IMO. MaidSafe really likes to test their stuff and from the moment Alpha 3 is live (with Vaults from home) we could scale to millions of nodes without a problem. There is work on several different coin/wallet implementation so the SAFE network will probably be the first project which has alt_coins before it has the official coin implemented  Cheesy.

Here's a post by David Irvine, the inventor and CEO of MaidSafe:

https://safenetforum.org/t/eli5-of-state-of-progress/14001/2

TeamMollyMassive

Activity: 57

My girls in my trap team all Baggin Cryptos!!!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 12:15:14 AM

isnt this coin supposed to be super secure?

zeeman

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:23:49 AM

Yes, the whole network is supposed to be secure so:

- Register a domain without anyone knowing you did so... but still you are the owner
- Upload private data without anyone knowing you did that, how much...
- Transfer Safecoin from A to B without anyone knowing you did or how much while no one knows your balance
- Browse safe://websites without anyone knowing what/when and stuff like that

No wonder it takes some time  Grin. SAFE also fixes the scalability issues that blockchains have. So the network can handle thousands of transactions a second as not all nodes are involved in each transaction. Hopefully TEST 20 today but otherwise it's next week as David told us they're close. This will give everyone the opportunity to download the browser and test most of these features out. I will post the dev update when it's out today.

22justin

Activity: 208

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 08:35:39 AM

Yes, the whole network is supposed to be secure so:

- Register a domain without anyone knowing you did so... but still you are the owner
- Upload private data without anyone knowing you did that, how much...
- Transfer Safecoin from A to B without anyone knowing you did or how much while no one knows your balance
- Browse safe://websites without anyone knowing what/when and stuff like that

No wonder it takes some time  Grin. SAFE also fixes the scalability issues that blockchains have. So the network can handle thousands of transactions a second as not all nodes are involved in each transaction. Hopefully TEST 20 today but otherwise it's next week as David told us they're close. This will give everyone the opportunity to download the browser and test most of these features out. I will post the dev update when it's out today.

This is why Maid is by far the most ambitious project, even more so than bitcoin itself. If enough investors believe what you wrote above can be done, we're gonna have a 2$ price after alpha 2.

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q4 '17?  BLOCK (True DX), SHIFT (Decentralized Web/DNS) and XBY (Platform, Hungarian NEO).
Did you make money on my advice? why not feed my coffee addiction with a tip -> BTC: 3MBq18uHsgxcxayiiuMeb2DaauQatzLFPk | ETH:  0xce60ec323fe10b09d699b5c81385c5f667d2602f | NEO: AVu31eogsSoJQY9fFkEAcVZYUYZqbARuww Thanks!  Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.