Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:10:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579304 times)
TronQuix

Activity: 306
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:08:51 PM

The difference is, for say ETH is people have to coin in thier hands now, so no matter what form it take in the future they have that coin on that network.

A test net means nothing as to value, if you think it has value I will swap you my testnet BTC for your real BTC.

there is a a sort of halfway house in the omni wallet set up bit its not the same.

That's why we differ in view I guess. I like all these coins, I also like to make money on them of course, but i really like the tech behind it all. I've seen the coming of Napster, KazaA and BitTorrent (yeah, I'm a oldie Tongue) and I really like the idea of a next evolution to that. SAFE is that next evolution imo, just start a dedicated browser, surf 100% anonymous without commercial trackers following you. No need to enter creditcard credentials somewhere because Safecoin allows you to pay in a second. Devs can create their own chatrooms, youtubes, twitters etc. Freedom to tip a blogger some money, rent out your CPU power and more. And I'll swap my MAID for the real Safecoin when it's ready. You need data integrity for that. That's something half the team is working on right now, datachains etc. Will surprise a lot of people when it's out.   

How about Morpheus??? Remember that one? Or LimeWire? Nice to see a few folks from my day. I also agree, I think one of the nice things about this "currency", if you can even call it that anymore, is that in order to use it, there is a whole action of adoption associated with it, which in this case only reinforces using that currency.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:59:07 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 08:24:26 PM by zeeman

https://safenetforum.org/t/introducing-frames/13868

Looks like the ecosystem is getting some more momentum as external devs start to show their (D)apps...
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:08:16 PM

Could someone confirm that MaidSafeCoins is actually in partnership with NVO.io? Its a new project launching that works inside the Safenetnetwork, It looks very promising but I'm not sure If I should invest or not as I don't know the team and I can't find If MaidSafe confirmed or spoke about this.
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:18:46 PM

Could someone confirm that MaidSafeCoins is actually in partnership with NVO.io? Its a new project launching that works inside the Safenetnetwork, It looks very promising but I'm not sure If I should invest or not as I don't know the team and I can't find If MaidSafe confirmed or spoke about this.

Here you go:

We have only one partner that we have signed up with right now, that is maidsafe asia. The logo is new and we are looking at signing up more partners, so this use of the logo surprised us a bit here. We don't want to be seen endorsing projects at the moment, but we can support them if possible. This one is a really important and needed element of the network and crypto space though. I don't want to promote projects too much but do want to say "hey that's brilliant, good luck". So we need to be careful. Coinpayments though is a group we know and have worked with and I would consider them partners, but we have no formal relationship there either, but I work with and trust those guys.

It's an area we need to clean up. In crypto I get concerned with partnerships as people talk, release statements about deals and there is no substance, look at all the project X partners with microsoft, or government Y partners with project Z, most of them are just really "yea we met and had an intro talk :smiley:

All in all we need to formalise the partnership scheme and set out some ground rules, that will need to include regular meetings and updates on the relationships, why they exist and what are the objectives. We will look into this now and try to make the partner scheme more transparent and obvious. We should have pages on our site for each partner we work with and identify the people responsible in each team for the relationship. Then there is a focal point to discuss possible deals with.

So bottom line, this is new and we will pursue it and clean it all up. In terms of this project I feel we do support the ethos and objectives and will need to speak with them a bit more and see where it goes, after their crowd funding round though  Wink

https://safenetforum.org/t/nvo-decentralized-exchange-crowdsale/13608/204
Foerster

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:47:20 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 10:19:37 PM by Foerster

Has anybody more insights on why the Safecoin price is controlled so much?
For months there has been very strong market shaping on Poloniex with alternating large buy & sell walls preventing any major action to either side. Also, this is all going on very indirectly and the walls are never placed aggressively so they seem only to be used to push the market slightly to the other direction in order to unload a bit of the market maker's position or whatever.
Am I paranoid?

I did not observe this kind of behavior with many other coins.
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:39:20 PM

For months there has been very strong market shaping on Poloniex with alternating large buy & sell walls preventing any major action to either side. Also, this is all going on very indirectly and the walls are never placed aggressively so they seem only to be used to push the market slightly to the other direction in order to unload a bit of the market maker's position or whatever.
Am I paranoid?

I recall there was a post about a year ago that discussed Maidsafe's intention to slowly sell off some of the foundation's coins in order to continue funding the project. Not sure if they went that route or not, but could it possibly explain why the price doesn't seem to move strongly in either direction? Otherwise, I'd assume there's some whales with a lot of coins manipulating the price.
22justin

Activity: 307

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 03:11:31 AM

Here you go:

We have only one partner that we have signed up with right now, that is maidsafe asia. The logo is new and we are looking at signing up more partners, so this use of the logo surprised us a bit here. We don't want to be seen endorsing projects at the moment, but we can support them if possible. This one is a really important and needed element of the network and crypto space though. I don't want to promote projects too much but do want to say "hey that's brilliant, good luck". So we need to be careful. Coinpayments though is a group we know and have worked with and I would consider them partners, but we have no formal relationship there either, but I work with and trust those guys.

It's an area we need to clean up. In crypto I get concerned with partnerships as people talk, release statements about deals and there is no substance, look at all the project X partners with microsoft, or government Y partners with project Z, most of them are just really "yea we met and had an intro talk :smiley:

All in all we need to formalise the partnership scheme and set out some ground rules, that will need to include regular meetings and updates on the relationships, why they exist and what are the objectives. We will look into this now and try to make the partner scheme more transparent and obvious. We should have pages on our site for each partner we work with and identify the people responsible in each team for the relationship. Then there is a focal point to discuss possible deals with.

So bottom line, this is new and we will pursue it and clean it all up. In terms of this project I feel we do support the ethos and objectives and will need to speak with them a bit more and see where it goes, after their crowd funding round though  Wink

https://safenetforum.org/t/nvo-decentralized-exchange-crowdsale/13608/204

"Maidsafe Asia" aka CCP .. aka Ponzi Scheme.

Hard pass for me.

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q2 2018? $XBY (dApp Platform, New PoSign Algorithm), $SHIFT (dPoS Decentralized Web 3.0 on IFPS) & $BLOCK (Blockchain Agnostic DeX, atomic swaps)
Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
zeeman

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:36:52 AM

Am I paranoid?

I recall there was a post about a year ago that discussed Maidsafe's intention to slowly sell off some of the foundation's coins in order to continue funding the project. Not sure if they went that route or not, but could it possibly explain why the price doesn't seem to move strongly in either direction? Otherwise, I'd assume there's some whales with a lot of coins manipulating the price.

MAID is just as volatile as other coins. In 1 month the marketcap moved from 119 mil. to 216 mil. So I have no clue how someone could say the price is controlled  Tongue Tongue.

https://blog.maidsafe.net/2016/05/31/maidsafecoin-announcement/

Here's the info on the selling of those coins from about a year ago. We see $-volumes of around 5 million on some trading days for MAID. No way MaidSafe as a company could influence that. I guess even the big whales can't these days. You need quite some volume in USD to move the market up or down. but like I said, MAID is volatile just like all the others:

Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:21:19 AM

Am I paranoid?

MAID is just as volatile as other coins. In 1 month the marketcap moved from 119 mil. to 216 mil. So I have no clue how someone could say the price is controlled  Tongue Tongue.

https://blog.maidsafe.net/2016/05/31/maidsafecoin-announcement/

Here's the info on the selling of those coins from about a year ago. We see $-volumes of around 5 million on some trading days for MAID. No way MaidSafe as a company could influence that. I guess even the big whales can't these days. You need quite some volume in USD to move the market up or down. but like I said, MAID is volatile just like all the others:

and now compare made with others. Total capitalization o maid moved from 119 to 216 because of BTC ATH. Price in BTC stay in little coridor 16k-18k. MM makes it. MAID is the most slow coin this season. When others coins price jumped a lot(2x-5x) maid price did not do nothing. MAID is stability.
max2000irc

Activity: 527

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:10:21 PM

Hi all ,

Where I can find updated announcements from maidsafe team?
Any news regarding the launch of the network?

Thanks
zeeman

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:25:09 PM

Hi all ,

Where I can find updated announcements from maidsafe team?
Any news regarding the launch of the network?

Thanks

No news, we're waiting for the upcoming test network (probably called TEST 20). Here are the weekly dev-updates:

https://safenetforum.org/c/development/updates

Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:13:23 PM

Today is mooning. Take your postions !!!

this is one coin that has just sat in this tight trading range. maybe moon maybe not. Seems like it's taking them a long time to get a working product

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
cheetahfm

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:57:24 PM

Is there any beta test or what? No downloads on offsite, as I can see.

How can I farm it?
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:06:33 PM

I think that great times for MAID are just coming. It could take really long to see a difference but patience will be rewarded. Remember that only peasants sell their coins/assets cheap. But they not only sell cheap, they buy again in a rally in a huge panic of missing out. I hope that all weak hands will dump their coins.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:50:47 AM

I think that great times for MAID are just coming. It could take really long to see a difference but patience will be rewarded. Remember that only peasants sell their coins/assets cheap. But they not only sell cheap, they buy again in a rally in a huge panic of missing out. I hope that all weak hands will dump their coins.

Ya i opened an order hopefully it will get filled one day, it been weeks already and my order is not yet filled  Roll Eyes

BOUNTY DETECTIVE