Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:16:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583025 times)
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 09:35:13 PM

Karma will be one of our launch coins on our new giveaway site, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1025843 for more information.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:49:24 PM

thanks for staying dedicated. let me know when you place the faucet wallet for karma up. i am sure tons of users here will fill it up nicely
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:52:35 PM

News about future development?

we been hit hard with the mintpal hack so tons of people are just recovering. Not sure that i have any good news to share right now. i am working with alcurex.org exchange. once we get back our active users i will see what i can get that exchange to work with Karma. Some kind of reward incentive. Also i believe users will be able to buy karma with fiat.

just remember that karma block chain is working as it suppose to. it is now in the hands of the people to build services on top of it. like batesresearch is doing

ps: will try to get some help fixing the 0-synch problem. probably set up a checkpoint to remove these outside nodes
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:53:27 PM

actually alcurex.org is looking for front end dev help. if anyone skilled here that wants to take that challenge msg me
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 10:56:28 PM

thanks for staying dedicated. let me know when you place the faucet wallet for karma up. i am sure tons of users here will fill it up nicely

Will do thank you

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:01:39 PM

i will add this to the front page once i get on my other comp, cheers
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:17:54 PM

Few months break here. Will old Karma wallet still work? Is this coin under development?

learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:16:20 AM

Few months break here. Will old Karma wallet still work? Is this coin under development?
Unless you're still on one of the original scrypt-algo wallets from over a year ago you should be fine. There's no active wallet development I'm aware of, but the team is still around - Karma has not been abandoned.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:17:30 AM

Unless you're still on one of the original scrypt-algo wallets from over a year ago you should be fine. There's no active wallet development I'm aware of, but the team is still around - Karma has not been abandoned.

Thanks, so for what devs are waiting right now?

learminer

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:28:12 PM

Honestly? Us.

We're all waiting for someone to come up with a good practical use for Karma I guess. The blockchain is there, someone needs to put it to good use and that doesn't have to be a dev.
There's not much the devs can do at the moment. Adding new features to an old coin is not worth the effort, those are mostly just fads for a quick pump and dump anyway. What value would Karma gain by adding anon? None.

The original ideas behind bringing Karma to emerging markets and trying to give Karma a purpose as a reward system for good deeds are still great. Its just that nobody is apparently up to the task of tackling these.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:45:32 PM

Honestly? Us.

We're all waiting for someone to come up with a good practical use for Karma I guess. The blockchain is there, someone needs to put it to good use and that doesn't have to be a dev.
There's not much the devs can do at the moment. Adding new features to an old coin is not worth the effort, those are mostly just fads for a quick pump and dump anyway. What value would Karma gain by adding anon? None.

The original ideas behind bringing Karma to emerging markets and trying to give Karma a purpose as a reward system for good deeds are still great. Its just that nobody is apparently up to the task of tackling these.

So I guess nothing will happen until crypto (Bitcoin or other coin) will be mass adopted.

learminer

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:39:36 AM

Honestly? Us.

So I guess nothing will happen until crypto (Bitcoin or other coin) will be mass adopted.
Who knows what will happen? There were said to be a few ideas and projects thown around behind the scenes, but nothing came of it until today so it might just have been hot air.

Right now Karma is in hybernation mode, not much going on but at least a bunch of people are obviously still interested in it. Price is relatively stable too, despite billions of coins flooding the market due to Mintpal returns. If you believe in a Crypto and Karma future now might even be a good time to buy (or at least hodl onto your coins).

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:18:17 PM

Honestly? Us.

Who knows what will happen? There were said to be a few ideas and projects thown around behind the scenes, but nothing came of it until today so it might just have been hot air.

Right now Karma is in hybernation mode, not much going on but at least a bunch of people are obviously still interested in it. Price is relatively stable too, despite billions of coins flooding the market due to Mintpal returns. If you believe in a Crypto and Karma future now might even be a good time to buy (or at least hodl onto your coins).

I will stay with hodling mode Wink Maybe buy some in the future, depends on money.

socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:25:49 PM

Honestly? Us.

Bitcoin worldwide adoption can be much closer than we think. Check http://www.bitsim.co/, this makes extremely secure bitcoin hardware wallet on any phone, even 20 years old. Paying by SMS without sending those SMS to any real number, just to that SIM wallet is awesome cheap idea. This is very cheap bitcoin hardware wallet anyone in the world can use easily.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:35:35 PM

Honestly? Us.

Bitcoin worldwide adoption can be much closer than we think. Check http://www.bitsim.co/, this makes extremely secure bitcoin hardware wallet on any phone, even 20 years old. Paying by SMS without sending those SMS to any real number, just to that SIM wallet is awesome cheap idea. This is very cheap bitcoin hardware wallet anyone in the world can use easily.

yes this was good news to read. and also that spanish site that has like 23 million users and like 75 millions daily visitors that now will start giving out bitcoin bits to their users to tip around. crazy!
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:40:50 PM

Honestly? Us.

yup, We are still in the telegram group trying to think of ways to bring karma usability and help improve distribuition.

it would be much easier if more and more users join up and enjoy brainstorming with us.

remember. it was just few of us who started coming up with projects that brought karma up to 350 litoshi. it is not impossible to bring karma back up. But the more focus on it the better it is.

We need real ideas. ideas that will improve the general Karma eccosystem that will benefit everyone . not something that will create a short hype and fade out.

Also to remind you that if you hold any coins, then it is your option as well to help improve Karma.
Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:00:41 AM

Hello everyone

Should you feel so inclined please complete the following sentence:

I want Karma to _____ by ______

Example:

I want Karma (the coin) to spread good karma throughout the world by allowing people to show they notice even the smallest of each other's good deeds which will help inspire everyone to contribute towards making the world a slightly better place.

Extra Karma for listing more specific ways people can help Karma do what you want it to accomplish.

For example:
Some ways people can make this happen are:
  • Telling people about Karma.
  • Posting their sentence of what they want Karma (the coin) to achieve on twitter, facebook ,etc.
  • Tipping each other. http://coinwik.org/Karmacoin#Tipping
  • Improving/amending tipping guides and tutorials.
  • Developing a Karma only tipping network/service like the current tipping system that makes people aware of Karma's objectives and allows people to send each other "Karma" without a wallet but can be redeemed/sent to a wallet as actual Karma
  • Developing a Karma only tipping system that is actually a wallet, but all you need is a phone number or email to send Karma and it will provide instructions on how to receive the Karma or add it to an existing wallet or pool for when that person does retrieve their Karma. It doesn't need to be tied to any social media platform (but it can be to allow additional ways to send the real Karma) so people can send actual Karma to each other directly by downloading the lightweight very user friendly tipping wallet.

There are no right and wrong answers.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
ryannguyen18

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:53:45 AM

Hello everyone

Should you feel so inclined please complete the following sentence:

I want Karma to _____ by ______

Example:

I want Karma (the coin) to spread good karma throughout the world by allowing people to show they notice even the smallest of each other's good deeds which will help inspire everyone to contribute towards making the world a slightly better place.

Extra Karma for listing more specific ways people can help Karma do what you want it to accomplish.

For example:
  • Posting their sentence of what they want Karma (the coin) to achieve on twitter, facebook ,etc.
  • Developing a Karma only tipping network/service like the current tipping system that makes people aware of Karma's objectives and allows people to send each other "Karma" without a wallet but can be redeemed/sent to a wallet as actual Karma
  • Developing a Karma only tipping system that is actually a wallet, but all you need is a phone number or email to send Karma and it will provide instructions on how to receive the Karma or add it to an existing wallet or pool for when that person does retrieve their Karma. It doesn't need to be tied to any social media platform (but it can be to allow additional ways to send the real Karma) so people can send actual Karma to each other directly by downloading the lightweight very user friendly tipping wallet.

There are no right and wrong answers.

Chargin.

Everyone Huh

Bitcoin - 1NCmJ3hXLywaRHTsnm17rGkaJbjtbiKxZW
Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:30:43 AM

Everyone Huh

Anyone would be a good start.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
easteagle13

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:51:01 PM

I want Karma to be used by its believers as a means of exchange of goods and services by 3Q of 2015

For example:

and by accepting Karma as payment for your goods and services we will create Karma economy. Don't worry about exchange rates...just do it. Better yet, sell Karma to fiat by any means you can.

-east

As edited from Chargin's post.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: