Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:36:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583025 times)
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:40:12 PM

East, I know you began this with good intentions but unfortunately it may be a good idea to cease it immediately and return all coins.

I did the same nearly two months ago and I am glad I did. The cryptocurrency space has been like the Wild West for a few years but this is changing. We need to respond to these changes in a way that makes sense. (I suppose I am the only one that understood why it had to be done at the time, judging by the response. But I hope the new SEC guidance makes their stance a lot more clear.)

I only say this because I care for your well-being. If anyone else does, please speak up. It may help push this in the right direction.

well, I am not so sure if the situation is really comparable here. He made it explicit that nobody should buy nhz for xchanging the karmasset rather than participating in nhz bounties. Moreover, he has a clear disclaimer that people must check their local laws. Yes, it might be a grey zone.

However, if there is the slightest danger for east with this then I fully support any action that needs to be done that he is safe. I can offer to give mine for free at any time.

KarmaKaguy

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:05:33 PM

Dear Karmeneons,

a friend and I had the idea to build a survival bibliotheca. In order to be independent from electricity and oil we would need all kind of written manuals dealing with topic of survival. We would like to outsource the collection of such documents and offer bounties. Thus we are looking for people scanning the web for information about different topics. Collected documents should be uploaded to service like dropbox and we will pay in Karma. The first who wants to take the bounty will be hired and announced here such that we don't have several people working on a topic. We need pdf or word documents but no links. It would be also ok to just create pdfs from relevant websites. We will print those out for our survival bibliotheca!

First topic: Growing, protecting and fertilizing vegetables in the absence of chemical substances in middle Europe.

We need information about (A) growing seasons and planting techniques, (B) fertilizing techniques, (C) recognition and cures of plant diseases. We would need information about (1) potatoes, (2) tomatoes, (3) bell pepper, (4) pumpkin and (5) cabbage.

We offer 1.5 million Karma for uploading documents containing information about A-C for 1-3. It would be great to have this finished within a timeframe of about a week in order to announce the next bounty thereafter.

This is our test case and its fun! (might also help us in case of financial collapse).

We really would love to get the Karma community for this work.

KarmaKaguy

I actively support grass roots projects like this.

Are you going to create a website with all this information on it or making a physical book?

I have been working with organic techniques and bottle gardens using recycled materials like plastic bottles to increase food production.

I got the idea from this guy:

http://desertification.wordpress.com/2011/12/03/no-more-child-malnutrition-and-hunger-willem-van-cotthem/

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
karmala

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:12:03 PM

Dear Karmeneons,

a friend and I had the idea to build a survival bibliotheca. In order to be independent from electricity and oil we would need all kind of written manuals dealing with topic of survival. We would like to outsource the collection of such documents and offer bounties. Thus we are looking for people scanning the web for information about different topics. Collected documents should be uploaded to service like dropbox and we will pay in Karma. The first who wants to take the bounty will be hired and announced here such that we don't have several people working on a topic. We need pdf or word documents but no links. It would be also ok to just create pdfs from relevant websites. We will print those out for our survival bibliotheca!

First topic: Growing, protecting and fertilizing vegetables in the absence of chemical substances in middle Europe.

We need information about (A) growing seasons and planting techniques, (B) fertilizing techniques, (C) recognition and cures of plant diseases. We would need information about (1) potatoes, (2) tomatoes, (3) bell pepper, (4) pumpkin and (5) cabbage.

We offer 1.5 million Karma for uploading documents containing information about A-C for 1-3. It would be great to have this finished within a timeframe of about a week in order to announce the next bounty thereafter.

This is our test case and its fun! (might also help us in case of financial collapse).

We really would love to get the Karma community for this work.

KarmaKaguy

I support grass roots projects like this.

Are you going to create a website with all this information on it or making a physical book?

I have been working with bottle gardens using recycled materials like plastic bottles to increase food production.

I got the idea from this guy:

http://desertification.wordpress.com/2011/12/03/no-more-child-malnutrition-and-hunger-willem-van-cotthem/

Well, its main intend was to build a private library for the two of us as a hobby. I have to check carefully if the material is not copy-right protected before publishing stuff on a public website. Allthough it is a nice project. Maybe, we could think about this if this works out. We realized that we would have no f... clue what to do if there is no oil or electicity. That simple Wink

Alphi

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:19:36 PM

Well, its main intend was to build a private library for the two of us as a hobby. I have to check carefully if the material is not copy-right protected before publishing stuff on a public website. Allthough it is a nice project. Maybe, we could think about this if this works out. We realized that we would have no f... clue what to do if there is no oil or electicity. That simple Wink

ok no worries I can provide some information, I will write up a document on how to create water and space efficient bottle gardens for growing small plants like herbs and strawberries etc.

just so you know, the movement you are talking about is called permaculture and it has been going since the 1970s. its part of the wider hippy/alternative lifestyle movement...

I would like to see these kinds of techniques used in places like refugee camps and 3rd world countries to help people to feed themselves.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
karmala

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:43:38 PM

ok no worries I can provide some information, I will write up a document on how to create water and space efficient bottle gardens for growing small plants like herbs and strawberries etc.

just so you know, the movement you are talking about is called permaculture and it has been going since the 1970s. its part of the wider hippy/alternative lifestyle movement...

I would like to see these kinds of techniques used in places like refugee camps and 3rd world countries to help people to feed themselves.

great man! heard about permaculture. I am planning to apply for a development cooperation job within the next two years so that might be a fantastic project to push. We will see. However, the first bounty is still open for everybody.

Thanks alphi!

Minted

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

DopeCoin! My Green Goddess!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:16:21 PM

Plenty of articles in Permaculture.co.uk....I've been a subscriber for many a year....  Just back on the thread to catch up and see whats happening....lost all my Karma with Mintpal collapse. Can't see why my coins cant be returned as my balance on V2 is same as V1. Lost all faith (and Currency) in the crypto world.

>>>>The future is bright! The future is DOPE!<<<<
>>>>>>>>DopeCoin!     Enough said!<<<<<<<<
karmala

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:26:44 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 12:08:30 AM by karmala

Plenty of articles in Permaculture.co.uk....I've been a subscriber for many a year....  Just back on the thread to catch up and see whats happening....lost all my Karma with Mintpal collapse. Can't see why my coins cant be returned as my balance on V2 is same as V1. Lost all faith (and Currency) in the crypto world.

how much did you loose on mintpal man?

tell me, maybe I can refund you a bit. I also feel responseble as a  (former) KarmaTeam member.

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 01:05:52 AM

Latest news....green has lawyered up...next to last tweet

https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/527860060639481856

Mintpal owners' are after his butt now too....

http://www.coindesk.com/mintpal-fight-moolah-ceo-court/

and the beat goes on

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Minted

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

DopeCoin! My Green Goddess!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:18:07 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 10:17:50 AM by Minted

Thank you, but nobody involved in Karma is responsible in any shape or form. We all wanted Karma to succeed. Maybe it still will. I was in at the start through thick and thin, coveting my coins and adding at every opportunity. Always spreading the word and looking for ways to increase its 'value', not in a monetary sense but as a viable alternative to fiat. ... Such is life.
Oh! and yea! Permaculture principles are the true way forward for any society.

>>>>The future is bright! The future is DOPE!<<<<
>>>>>>>>DopeCoin!     Enough said!<<<<<<<<
Alphi

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:31:34 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 01:50:46 AM by Alphi

Latest news....green has lawyered up...next to last tweet

https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/527860060639481856

Mintpal owners' are after his butt now too....

http://www.coindesk.com/mintpal-fight-moolah-ceo-court/

and the beat goes on

you can get the full story here:
http://pastebin.com/vKpnWQcp

the guys going after green have our Karma coins but they may not have the money to fight the legal battle to get the other coins back.
if they are to be believed, it seems like he has been selling stolen btc for the past 6 months and if the Mintpal relaunch was a success then he would probably have gone on selling off other peoples coins without being discovered.

after claiming that he resigned from moolah.io  mr Green seems to be in full control of the moolah twitter account and does not seem to realise or care that all of the tweets that he is putting out can be used against him in a court of law.

all I can say is.. what a complete and utter ass-hole... I hope Interpol get onto him wherever he is hiding and they throw him in jail to rot in some third world country for a very long time.

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 02:14:07 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 02:24:20 AM by kosmost

I would hate to think that the loss of potentially 12 billion coins on MintPal after the unwarranted (and severely out-sized) backlash of having reasonably shut down Karmashares and returned 100% of 8 billion coins is the karma wheel turning

There seems to be far less MintPal-directed hate on this thread for "losing" possibly 12 billion coins (and possibly scamming others out of loads of BTC) than kosmost-directed hate for me taking care of 8 billion coins without a hitch, and returning every single one of them safely well before anyone but me considered the SEC an issue.

Perhaps it is the wheel of karma, after all.

But at this point I am concerned with possible future actions regarding Nhz, not wishful thinking about a great idea today. It's the same as before.

Check those countries that the US government has treaties with if you think you are outside of the US and "thus" safely past the long arm of the USA.

There was no voice telling me, "It makes sense. You should do it despite how angry others would be". I wish there was such a considerate voice looking after my well-being.

Better to comply with what is reasonable, now, rather than "wait and see" what direction it is going in when that direction is already clear.

It is not worth being investigated by the SEC, IRS, and other agencies just because you think that your model is safe. Better to assume the worst, and comply ahead of time.

Do not underestimate the power, reach, and willingness of the US government to protect the interests of the US dollar's almighty status.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Alphi

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:58:57 AM

There seems to be far less MintPal-directed hate on this thread for "losing" possibly 12 billion coins (and possibly scamming others out of loads of BTC) than kosmost-directed hate for me taking care of 8 billion coins without a hitch, and returning every single one of them safely well before anyone but me considered the SEC an issue.

ill give you 3 reasons for that...

firstly, people were told time and time again to get their coins off Mintpal.. the only people who got caught were people like me who either ignored the warnings or were too slow to react.

secondly, some people are wise enough to know that making accusations only increases the likelihood that green turn hostile or run off with their coins so they are biting their tongues until the coins are safely back in their wallets.

thirdly.. this is the Karma thread not the mintpal thread.. if you want to see people complaining go to the mintpal and moolah threads and you will see the absolute verbal beatings they are getting right now from disgruntled investors and users.

Do not underestimate the power, reach, and willingness of the US government to protect the interests of the US dollar's almighty status.

I couldn't agree more... many crypto related businesses have opted to refuse US customers because of this. they need not shut down entirely.

lakala

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:26:03 AM

Cryptsy down?
It's up.

BitNet(VPNCOIN)第二论赠币:VikSbFcj3ogVByPajAYzvuAEoWir9shYNZ
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:45:19 AM

Mintpal people, whoever they are at the moment, keeps claiming they are "processing" thousands of BTC worth of withdrawal requests and at the same time claiming "Ryan" has still the full control over those funds, and they are now asking for funding for legal battles.

Mintpal is being robbed twice over??

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
karmala

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:40:58 AM

Now, you are saying that the community deserves that they lost their Karma on Mintpal. Maybe we should also implement a caste system here.... lol

I aggree, however, with Kos that the asset issuence on nhz should be reconsidered.

Alphi

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:11:09 PM

Mintpal people, whoever they are at the moment, keeps claiming they are "processing" thousands of BTC worth of withdrawal requests and at the same time claiming "Ryan" has still the full control over those funds, and they are now asking for funding for legal battles.

Mintpal is being robbed twice over??

The previous mintpal owners control mintpal twitter account.

Ryan Kenedy aka Alex Green controls the moolah.io twitter account.

he is the one who allegedly stole the coins and is now in control of moolah.io trying to claim that he found most of the coins and is processing all withdrawals..

in other words he appears to be trying to cover his ass so that he doesn't go to jail.
the problem is that he appears to be violating a court order by moving money around between himself and moolah.io

the people who control mintpal on twitter do not control mintpal.com or the V2 servers they only control one old V1 server that has KARM and some other coins on it.

green through the moolah.io twitter account is claiming that the old mintpal owners are trying to steal coins..

so yes there are two robberies being claimed lol.

learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:23:58 PM

Look, the undead are rising from their graves. Happy Halloween everybody! Wink

You returned the coins, bravo for doing the right thing. Just don't expect an award for it. Why you actually feel the need to compare yourself with such scammers to paint your actions in a better light is beyond me though.

Nobody from Mintpal visits this thread so who should people yell at, thin air? There are other places to vent your anger over Mintpal than here. And I'm pretty sure a whole lot more people are a whole lot more pissed about what these Moolah scammers have done/are doing, than ever were bothered about you disbanding Karmashares. I'm also sure that if Alex/Ryan or one of the other people involved with Minpal showed up here and took questions about the missing Karma, you'd see a whole lot of ugly posts pretty fast.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 01:18:35 AM

Now, you are saying that the community deserves that they lost their Karma on Mintpal. Maybe we should also implement a caste system here.... lol

I aggree, however, with Kos that the asset issuence on nhz should be reconsidered.

No, I'm not saying that anyone deserves to lose coins (of course).

We often talk about good/bad karma here on this forum, being Karma and all.

I was just pointing out that it was the most vile part of this thread and very un-karma like, and "would hate to think that it might be karma".

Regardless, it might be that MintPal is under a gag order (the "third party" that they are providing a snapshot of the database to) and may be behaving strangely because of it. Or not.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 01:23:16 AM

Look, the undead are rising from their graves. Happy Halloween everybody! Wink

You returned the coins, bravo for doing the right thing. Just don't expect an award for it. Why you actually feel the need to compare yourself with such scammers to paint your actions in a better light is beyond me though.

Nobody from Mintpal visits this thread so who should people yell at, thin air? There are other places to vent your anger over Mintpal than here. And I'm pretty sure a whole lot more people are a whole lot more pissed about what these Moolah scammers have done/are doing, than ever were bothered about you disbanding Karmashares. I'm also sure that if Alex/Ryan or one of the other people involved with Minpal showed up here and took questions about the missing Karma, you'd see a whole lot of ugly posts pretty fast.

No kudos expected, just drawing attention to the shameful, unkarma-like behaviour and learning from it and hoping we can respond more productively in future.

Hopefully, we can continue to be just as passionate about good things, too.

cryptex.biz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:30:20 AM

hi

Karma is trading on Cryptex
https://cryptex.biz/market/111

Cryptex Exchange:  http://cryptex.biz
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: