Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:00:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:34:57 PM

You can respond by saying to which group would you like to be added?

Developers?
Marketing?
Community?
or
Business Development/Budget?

Welcome again lemfuture.

What's  community group for?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:46:14 PM

Where my karmanians at?

Lets get re-organized. for the people who have not joined trello yet. Do it. chop chop!  Grin

for those who can't.

What do you want to see karma to do next?
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:18:05 AM

give the lead to the tipping app guys and support them. just my 2 cents

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:49:23 AM

What this trello thing? I signed up for it, but there is nothing to see...

Same here... Trello is not very intuitive to use.

I think the boards are visible by invite only.
Who knows?
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:11:34 AM

Who knows?

until we get more organized and familiarized with trello , everyone lets use what we have already . Reddit and IRC #karmacoin.

I just made a brand new post in reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaTeam/comments/2g94e6/fixing_the_bleeding_of_karma/

I am seriously considering options of either finding a talent that can reverse split our coins or lunch a new coin with x100 less the total cap.

Share your thoughts everyone.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 03:18:51 AM

Who knows?

until we get more organized and familiarized with trello , everyone lets use what we have already . Reddit and IRC #karmacoin.

I just made a brand new post in reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaTeam/comments/2g94e6/fixing_the_bleeding_of_karma/

I am seriously considering options of either finding a talent that can reverse split our coins or lunch a new coin with x100 less the total cap.

I agree that from an outside perspective your inflated token supply makes the coin largely irrelevant to chase.

You should absolutely consider a "coin recall" and reissue based on those who want to participate going forward.

I have some ideas about how this mindshare coin could be capitalized on, but I'm certain most of you won't like it...

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:51:40 AM

Who knows?

I agree that from an outside perspective your inflated token supply makes the coin largely irrelevant to chase.

You should absolutely consider a "coin recall" and reissue based on those who want to participate going forward.

I have some ideas about how this mindshare coin could be capitalized on, but I'm certain most of you won't like it...

-dvd

i don't see why you shouldn't share it none the less. if it is breakthrough then post it outside the BTT so no other coins steal it  Grin

Just a fair warning that i am after an aggressive re-construction of our coin. No more catering to miners or investors. The primary focus is giving karma time

a lot of people are too quick to judge a coin. a coins success needs tons of time. Look at bitcoin. years later and finally is gettign some attention

their implementation in ebay is a huge move. Soon enough every coin will benefit from it.

There fore time is what we need for karma now. As we stand we are loosing if not lost the BTc market. we have few people own billions of coins. When they decide to dump it will bring all our effort back down.

That is why i am few opinions away from pushing to change karma to a 92 million total coin
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:25:38 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 04:55:43 AM by Alphi

No more catering to miners or investors. The primary focus is giving karma time

That is why i am few opinions away from pushing to change karma to a 92 million total coin

these two statements are completely contradictory.. reverse splitting a coin no matter how you do it is manipulating a coin to suit a particular agenda. abusing a coin in this way IS catering to the desires of investors and miners.

don't kid yourself.

the entire history of this coin should give you all the convincing you need that messing with the coins fundamentals only results in losing people.

this is what happened when the coin switched from Scrypt to X11. People initially thought it was a good idea.. but then began dumping after the initial hype wore off. The end result was very little gain and a lot of money and time wasted as well as people from the community being lost along the way.

As for the idea of relaunching a new Karma with fewer coins and getting people to move to the new blockchain,
if you want to see a clusterfuck in progress then just take a look at startcoin.
Relaunching an entirely new blockchain and trying to get people and exchanges to adopt the new blockchain has turned out to be a complete nightmare.

there is absolutely no evidence that reducing the number of total coins (no matter how you do it) provides any lasting benefit for a crypto coin.
on the contrary, the many coins that have tried have ALL failed, I have not seen one example where this has been done and actually added value to a coin.

this is because the people who call for these kinds of tricks are only doing it to benefit themselves and not addressing the real issue..
the real issue is how to grow a healthy and vibrant community. In my opinion the best way to do that is to avoid accusations of manipulation, scams and pump and dump schemes.

this is ultimately why Karmashares failed, because after all the hype, promises and press releases all that people got for investing their coins and hopes in Karmashares was a bad taste left in their mouths. And that bad taste led to a torrent of scam accusations, in-fighting and verbal abuse which drove the price through the floor.

to be quite frank and honest I am very tired of people bringing up the same old schemes to put lipsitck on a pig just make karma look attractive to buyers. if you want karma to be adopted by the mainstream then work towards growing the community organically and building services that people actually want to use and not trying to sell people coins they don't want or need.

I am working on ideas and services that will use karma but to be quite honest with you all.. the more you talk about messing with the coins internals the less I want to be involved and the more likely it will be that I launch my services on a more stable platform.

Kosmost may have not to lived up to the dreams and expectations of his own investors but he was right about one thing... this community spends way too much time focussed on how to get rich quick and not enough time focussed on growth, adoption and usability.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:57:19 AM

i disagree.

92 million coin or 92 billion coin will not change the fact that there are people who own %1-3  of total coins individually. Nothing will change. the only thing that will change is that it will secure us the BTC market spot.

Investors will have to think twice about offering high prices just like they think twice now. it wont matter how many coins we will have. the whales will still own the same percentage. and they are sitting there looking for the right price to cash out.

please read the reddit post and replies i have made. i have given some lengthy explanations why i recommend cutting down the coins

going to 92 million coins will not mean that the trading volume will rise x100 fold. it will still have the same low trading volume . Maybe the first few days it will see a spike from the hype and mostly from people buying to sell on the hype. after that unless we have done some massive work we will still find ourselves with 1-2 btc volume of 24 hrs

This is not a move to give the bag holder more profit. this is to give karma some time.

i propose to punish both the traders and the miners. making it hard to day trade karma for profit or to think $50 is a good investment. Also looking forward to cut down the miners from mining our coins for profit.

even at this low price of our there still miners mining us to sell us.Most of the miners do not care about out coin and are mining us becuase its easy. million of coin a day.  

going to 92 mills will not be an easy move. it will be the ultimate move. it will then be on top of the community to finally put up or let it die.

My proposal would be to finally put the coins weight in the shoulders of the community. By having 92 mills coins it will give us some decent time before the coin crashes back to 1 satoshi. It will not mean 500 satoshis will be filled with 50 btc buy walls. it will still be the same weak trading volume.

We have to be aggressive. Either push to the limit or forget it. at this prices we are lingering. It will not die easy. $500 brings the coin back up to 70 litoshi. But what does that mean? nothing.

if a billionaire decided to sell 300 mills we're right back to 20 litoshi. We have no cushion. No real spread to afford the volatility

also buying at 20 litoshi and selling at 40 is a huge profit.  and it is easily done at this moment with $50.  

please read my post and comments.

i have no intention to make the %1 bigger. that will be on the investors. they have a rich list to take note at. If they decide to give these whales buy volume then it will be on them. I just want to give karma some more time and i am still a believer.

Alphi

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:04:08 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 05:26:24 AM by Alphi

92 million coin or 92 billion coin will not change the fact that there are people who own %1-3  of total coins individually. Nothing will change.

these are your words and I agree with them. nothing will change so why waste valuable time an resources pushing for it?
the only result is that fewer people will be using the coin because some will be lost along the way.

the only thing that will change is that it will secure us the BTC market spot.

this is a completely unfounded statement.
the only thing that guarantees a spot on any exchange is volume and how likely the coin is to last into the future... not price.

if inexperienced people who are not economists keep messing with the internals of a crypto coin then by definition it is not likely to last very long.

going to 92 mills will not be an easy move. it will be the ultimate move. it will then be on top of the community to finally put up or let it die.

i have no intention to make the %1 bigger. that will be on the investors. they have a rich list to take note at. If they decide to give these whales buy volume then it will be on them.

Again this is another contradiction.. by scaremongering and claiming that a coin will die without drastic action all you are doing is shaking the weak hands so that they panic sell directly into the hands of whales.

I just want to give karma some more time and i am still a believer.

If you want to give karma some time then give it some time.. people should stop running around like chickens with their heads cut off and start working on projects that actually use karma.

What kosmost did by disbanding all work groups and hastily closing karmshares a week or so before the switch over from Mintpal to Moolah was an example of how rash and ill-considered action at the worst possible time can devastate a crypto coins value. Karma's place on Mintpal v2 was pretty much guaranteed until this massive shit fight that broke out in the community.

So why was there such a nasty backlash at what seemed like such a small issue? its because decisions were being taken that affected the entire community without proper community consultation.

what we need now is unity within the community and a strong inclusive decision making process not more people taking drastic action on their own.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:18:00 AM

92 million coin or 92 billion coin will not change the fact that there are people who own %1-3  of total coins individually. Nothing will change.

these are your words and I agree with them. nothing will change so why waste valuable time an resources pushing for it?
the only result is that fewer people will be using the coin because some will be lost along the way.

the only thing that will change is that it will secure us the BTC market spot.

this is a completely unfounded statement.
the only thing that guarantees a spot on any exchange is volume and how likely the coin is to last into the future... not price.

if inexperienced people who are not economists keep messing with the internals of a crypto coin then by definition it is not likely to last very long.

your defending the coin structure of our coin that as it is now was created to be instamined. having billions of coin was made to be able to mine 100 mills of it to sell at 1 btc profit.

why are we 7 months later still holding tight to this bleeding settings.

compumine

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:24:38 AM

hey guys.

My wallet is out of sync and it showing 0 hours behind!
can someone help please.

*Image Removed*
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:28:46 AM

hey guys.

can someone help please.

http://karmacoin.me/download_wallets

download the latest wallet and relunch.

also note that the name changed into Karma .you might have an older version when it used to be called karmacoin

window location :
roaming/Karma

everything is in the OP.

if you do have the latest wallet. then leave the wallet open for at least 20 min. if it doesn't work. in the bottom of the main page there are instruction how to manually add some addnodes that will help you seed
Alphi

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:33:48 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 05:46:13 AM by Alphi

your defending the coin structure of our coin that as it is now was created to be instamined. having billions of coin was made to be able to mine 100 mills of it to sell at 1 btc profit.

why are we 7 months later still holding tight to this bleeding settings.

I'm not defending the stupid decision to have the majority of coins mineable in the first year at all. you are conflating two issues.

the first issue is that too many coins were mined in the beginning.
the second issue is that there are too many zeroes

your proposal does not address the first issue at all.
the second issue is not really a big problem as long as the community stops fighting and keeps growing.

just look at south Korea.. one of the richest countries in asia.
their currency also has too many zeroes.

if you want to buy a bottle of coke it costs 1600 won.
in the US or Australia that's probably about $3.50 (the price of the coke not the conversion rate)

to the western eye.. south korea has about 3 more zeroes than it should have.

the reality is however that unless you are buying houses .. its not really a problem.

and that is my point.. you are making a mountain out of a mole hill and looking in the wrong place for the solution to the Karma communities problems.

so in that sense I say it is a pointless exercise and a waste of time and resources.

if you want another example just look at credit card points... I have to spend like 45,000 credit card points just to buy a toaster..
does that bother the average Joe that there are too many zeroes?  it doesn't seem to.

Alphi

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:35:39 AM

hey guys.

can someone help please.

http://karmacoin.me/download_wallets

download the latest wallet and relunch.

also note that the name changed into Karma .you might have an older version when it used to be called karmacoin

window location :
roaming/Karma

everything is in the OP.

if you do have the latest wallet. then leave the wallet open for at least 20 min. if it doesn't work. in the bottom of the main page there are instruction how to manually add some addnodes that will help you seed

+1 ..I was going to address this issue but you got there before me.. so thankyou

altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:14:19 AM

If you want to give karma some time then give it some time.. people should stop running around like chickens with their heads cut off and start working on projects that actually use karma.
This is exactly what needs to happen! And by projects I mean really real projects, not new websites Smiley
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:21:19 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 08:10:58 AM by altcoingood

and that is my point.. you are making a mountain out of a mole hill and looking in the wrong place for the solution to the Karma communities problems.
Yeah I wonder why.

Someone in the field of psychology would say that Kosmost and Bitwho have control issues.

I am about to create a scraper to scrape this this forum-thread and show you how much kosmost's post count has increased since he killed the LLC (and almost the coin) because I don't think I have ever seen him so active.

He lost the deal, he killed the LLC, why not take some time off? Why keep blasting posts out. I also think Bitwho lost the plot. We don't need any more hype, no reboot, nothing.

We need vendors so we can buy things with karma. That is the way forward.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 09:08:04 AM

........We don't need any more hype, no reboot, nothing.

We need vendors so we can buy things with karma. That is the way forward.

/\/\/\ This
monkeying around with the coin more will just result in same old same old.
It's really very simple as far as supply. To be of use as a currency, there has to be a lot of it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:11:38 AM

I'm on a holiday Smiley I hope you are enjoying yours too.

I just want to give the community a heads up about this:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/extreme-solar-storm-streaking-towards-earth-scientists-say/ Somethings may or may not happen. my only point is, this kind of worldwide announcement/warning may give the evil authorities, the chance to wreck havoc in our lives because they can blame the resulting damages to nature.

They have the means to do these kinds of "natural disasters" and they have the motive of reducing the sheeples. They are always waiting for this kind of scapegoat events. Please do take proper precautions and protect your electronics from possible EMF's, that includes your HDD, mem cards, usb drives and etc.

I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Be safe guys.

(BTW those things that needed replies...Ill be doing them maybe around 6 hours later today Wink )

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Jkd84

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:51:28 PM

I'm on a holiday Smiley I hope you are enjoying yours too.

I just want to give the community a heads up about this:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/extreme-solar-storm-streaking-towards-earth-scientists-say/ Somethings may or may not happen. my only point is, this kind of worldwide announcement/warning may give the evil authorities, the chance to wreck havoc in our lives because they can blame the resulting damages to nature.

They have the means to do these kinds of "natural disasters" and they have the motive of reducing the sheeples. They are always waiting for this kind of scapegoat events. Please do take proper precautions and protect your electronics from possible EMF's, that includes your HDD, mem cards, usb drives and etc.

I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Be safe guys.

(BTW those things that needed replies...Ill be doing them maybe around 6 hours later today Wink )

easteagle13 you others can you share cost effective way to protect USB (especially because where stored/cold wallets are, but also HDD's also GPU cards can be affected as well as ASIC) against EMF/EMP (if EMP will be used in addition by external)

appreciate it, and feel myself something is up

btw karma is great coin , great energy, since money is number one for many (and also there is plethora of alt coins in general) of course coin value will be affected but feel community is holding up also older generation as all know does not even know that crypto coins exists! its some % of the population and "the machine"  is just getting started, I say just keep at it, mine to increase hash rate and accumulate and/or tip build self aux apps, and/or write about it
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: