Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 08:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260351 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
big_coins

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:17:12 AM

couple things,

1. Where can DMD coins be sold as of now as cryptsy doesnt work for them (yes they know).

2. Someone explain minting to me like im a 3 year old!

Does the number of coins in the wallet effect how much minting happens ?
How much can you get for minting ?

thanks!
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 05:50:39 AM

cryptonit,

Just wondering if you know when my first weeks DMD mining payment will come to me?  Are you holding off due to Cryptsy exchange issues?  If so no biggie.  I understand.

Thanks,

pokeytex

on dmd multipool miningstats u can see something like
Confirmed BTC: 0.05455470 (at least thats my mining stats  Wink )
confirmed BTC are BTC u mined which are already arrived at our multipool and wait for being converted towards DMD

so this days u will see this number grow as a sign ur mining works fine
as soon as we reactivate the cryptsy api engine the automated conversion will start again

people with low mining power will see somedays no increasement in confirmed btc because wafflepool and nicehash only payout after the mining BTC is bigger than send trigger level i think once a week they send our even smaller pieces

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 06:01:12 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 07:22:56 AM by cryptonit

atomiccat ur solomining settings seems to be ok

thats my output when i force it mione at local wallet because u set wrong password for pool
as u can see it show WU 0.000 at solo mining thats normal as u can see i use -T option so u see more details

if u do solomining u get no feedback from miner beside when u find a block and that can take a few hours or more .....
if ya do solomining with a backuppool u will see the diff adjustments and new block found messages form pool stratum regulary

i use the miner u can find at http://bit.diamonds/mining.html

u said 14 mhash is ur mining power thats at actual diff a handful like 4-5 DMD a day
but at solo mining randomness and luck kick in full
so its still possible have a day and mine zero
and have another day mine 10 dmd.....
over longtime the average will be same as pool mining.........

D:\dmdgroestlminer\sgminer>D:\dmdgroestlminer\sgminer\sgminer.exe -k diamond -o
stratum+tcp://dmdpool.digsys.bg:3333 -u Xcryptonit.2 -p 2 -o localhost:17772 -u
diamondrpcsecretpwblafassel -p diamondpass
 -T --xintensity 300 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 16384 -w 256 --lookup
-gap 0 --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

[07:57:36] Started sgminer 4.1.0
[07:57:37] Kernel diamond is experimental.
[07:57:37] Probing for an alive pool
[07:57:37] Network diff set to 64
[07:57:37] Switching to Pool 1 - first alive pool
[07:57:37] Block change for http://localhost:17772 detection via stratum+tcp://d
mdpool.digsys.bg:3333 stratum
[07:57:37] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 0.062
[07:57:38] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 0.062
[07:57:43] API running in IP access mode on port 4028 (44796)

(5s):43.92M (avg):44.96Mh/s | A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.000/m

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:12:59 AM

If someone has ended up in the "disconnect game", and sees the "not enough work" message in their logs, you are good candidate to test the next wallet version, which might fix it for you. Although the fix seems safer now, we would like to verify it on more real-world cases.

Please contact me via PM. We presently have Windows and Mac wallets compiled with the fix.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:56:38 AM

I would guess you could look in the logs see what the wallet is doing network-wise. You could actually add the "debug=1" option in the .conf file to have more info, but that is just debug info. If you want to know how the wallet is working with the network and with your miner, go into the wallet console and type "help" you will get all possible commands (gethashespersec or getgenerate are 2 among many others). Also try using verbose mode in sgminer. You will see more information on what is happening behind the scene.

I can't solo-mine with sgminer anymore because I've upgraded to nvidia cards now, so I don't have screenshots.

EDIT: and look how partially lucky you are: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg6646488#msg6646488 - Partially because I didn't paste all the sgminer output at that time, but it should give you a good start.

Finally but actually most importantly, and I quote from Danbi:

"solo mining with 16 Mhash/s will produce DMD in long intervals
unlike with pool mining, you only submit work when you found a block
so a long row of 'no shares' is perfectly ok
then suddenly, BLOCK fond
as sgminer can't find out whether it is talking to a wallet to an pushpool server, it can't show different interface"

Yeah, I was expecting it to take a few hours to show up.  Did wanna know what I could do for more info though, thanks for the tips.  Oh, and thanks loads for the config file.  Um... with this many forks, variants, optimized versions, one can easily lose track of what's where when cutting and pasting bits from here and there, and that's what happened here.  Got it all ironed out and shortly thereafter, ping!  Saw a diamond arrive in the wallet and Sgminer was all proud of itself.  No tip-bot here but have a bumper-sticker I made way back when I worked for an ISP.  My boss really hated this.  Thanks again!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d72/AtomicNixon/Graphics/IReadYourEmail.gif
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:07:20 AM

u said 14 mhash is ur mining power thats at actual diff a handful like 4-5 DMD a day
but at solo mining randomness and luck kick in full
so its still possible have a day and mine zero
and have another day mine 10 dmd.....
over longtime the average will be same as pool mining.........

Oh that I know, but it's important to have solo-mining down because the best time to mine a coin is right when it's released.  I also like to know the all of everything, I'm a very curious cat.

And just now, 30 minutes after the first one, ping!  Cheesy
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:50:10 AM

because the best time to mine a coin is right when it's released.

u are a year to late  Cool
but lucky u block rewards still the same until total coins reach 1 000 000  Grin

polanskiman

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:51:52 AM

I would guess you could look in the logs see what the wallet is doing network-wise. You could actually add the "debug=1" option in the .conf file to have more info, but that is just debug info. If you want to know how the wallet is working with the network and with your miner, go into the wallet console and type "help" you will get all possible commands (gethashespersec or getgenerate are 2 among many others). Also try using verbose mode in sgminer. You will see more information on what is happening behind the scene.

I can't solo-mine with sgminer anymore because I've upgraded to nvidia cards now, so I don't have screenshots.

EDIT: and look how partially lucky you are: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg6646488#msg6646488 - Partially because I didn't paste all the sgminer output at that time, but it should give you a good start.

Finally but actually most importantly, and I quote from Danbi:

"solo mining with 16 Mhash/s will produce DMD in long intervals
unlike with pool mining, you only submit work when you found a block
so a long row of 'no shares' is perfectly ok
then suddenly, BLOCK fond
as sgminer can't find out whether it is talking to a wallet to an pushpool server, it can't show different interface"

Yeah, I was expecting it to take a few hours to show up.  Did wanna know what I could do for more info though, thanks for the tips.  Oh, and thanks loads for the config file.  Um... with this many forks, variants, optimized versions, one can easily lose track of what's where when cutting and pasting bits from here and there, and that's what happened here.  Got it all ironed out and shortly thereafter, ping!  Saw a diamond arrive in the wallet and Sgminer was all proud of itself.  No tip-bot here but have a bumper-sticker I made way back when I worked for an ISP.  My boss really hated this.  Thanks again!

My pleasure! Smiley
coinedabit

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:59:34 AM

So i've resynced using my old wallet and it's now showing the minted transaction i did at the end of it. However it's missing the transaction i sent to my address a few hours before the minting.
If i dump my priv key and reload the chain do i place my wallet back in the roaming folder before i sync or do i let it fully sync with fresh wallet then import my privkey afterwards?
The txid i have from cryptsy does not exist on the blockexplorer. Sad
Is there a way of checking to see if it has been sent to the forked version?
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:21:32 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 12:45:48 PM by cryptonit

So i've resynced using my old wallet and it's now showing the minted transaction i did at the end of it. However it's missing the transaction i sent to my address a few hours before the minting.
If i dump my priv key and reload the chain do i place my wallet back in the roaming folder before i sync or do i let it fully sync with fresh wallet then import my privkey afterwards?

first of all make sure ur wallet version is at least 2.0.3.0 (soon 2.0.3.1 release can be expected)
u can sync with ur old wallet.dat

all mining minting and incomming/outgoing transactions that where orphan or done in a wrong for will  after sync be visible as unconfirmed

coins stuck in such a unconfirmed transaction u can claim back by repairwallet command in console

a bit more complicated would be the methode mullick suggests (2nd level cryptsy support)
i just post it here but never tryed it myself follow his guide at own risc.

regarding TX ID thats are not visible at blockexplorer they didnt happen on main chain
if cryptsy wallet was sometime on wrong fork chain only cryptsy support answer and also the way how they plan to fix that
(resync on right chain and repeat transaction i guess...)

First try running the RPC command repairwallet. This can be done via the console in your wallet. Navigate to Help/ Debug Window / Console.

This command will look for any bad transactions but may not work as your wallet likely still sees the transactions as good

If that doesn't work a redownload of the blockchain may correct this

Lastly a fail safe method

First your going to want to dump the private key of your wallet run the command dumpprivkey followed by your address

You will want to save a copy of the key and a backup of your wallet.

Then close your client and leave it closed for some time. At least a few hours. This will give any bans you may have received from being on the bad fork time to expire

If you have a backup of your wallet.dat then go ahead and delete everything in your appdata/roaming/CoinName folder

Then restart the wallet and let it download the chain until synced

Once synced run the command importprivkey followed by your private key

This is a method I found myself. It removes all the transactions from the wallet and when its imported it can only find whats in the blockchain. So the coins you sent are no longer sent and should be in your wallet.

Let me know if this helps

Mullick
Lead Support Moderator

danbi

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:07:37 PM

first of all make sure ur wallet version is at least 2.0.3.0 (soon 2.0.3.1 release can be expected)
u can sync with ur old wallet.dat

all mining minting and incomming/outgoing transactions that where orphan or done in a wrong for will  after sync be visible as unconfirmed

coins stuck in such a unconfirmed transaction u can claim back by repairwallet command in console

a bit more complicated would be the methode mullick suggests (2nd level cryptsy support)
i just post it here but never tryed it myself follow his guide at own risc.

regarding TX ID thats are not visible at blockexplorer they didnt happen on main chain
if cryptsy wallet was sometime on wrong fork chain only cryptsy support answer and also the way how they plan to fix that
(resync on right chain and repeat transaction i guess...)

First try running the RPC command repairwallet. This can be done via the console in your wallet. Navigate to Help/ Debug Window / Console.

This command will look for any bad transactions but may not work as your wallet likely still sees the transactions as good

If that doesn't work a redownload of the blockchain may correct this

Lastly a fail safe method

First your going to want to dump the private key of your wallet run the command dumpprivkey followed by your address

You will want to save a copy of the key and a backup of your wallet.

Then close your client and leave it closed for some time. At least a few hours. This will give any bans you may have received from being on the bad fork time to expire

If you have a backup of your wallet.dat then go ahead and delete everything in your appdata/roaming/CoinName folder

Then restart the wallet and let it download the chain until synced

Once synced run the command importprivkey followed by your private key

This is a method I found myself. It removes all the transactions from the wallet and when its imported it can only find whats in the blockchain. So the coins you sent are no longer sent and should be in your wallet.

Let me know if this helps

Mullick
Lead Support Moderator

Please note you may have more than one address in your wallet!

Some addresses are created automatically by the wallet when sending and there is change remaining.
The safest way to find all of the addresses is to use the 'listaddressgroupings' RPC/console command.
You need to save the private key for each and every one of the addresses that have non-zero balance! Otherwise, you will lose those coins for good.

This is a nasty feature of the bitcoin protocol. An upcoming wallet release will have additional tools to deal with it. For now, you could use Coin Control to send the change amount to one and the same address -- but that is too much manual work and will only affect new transactions.

danbi

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:30:38 PM

If you are/were mining on danbi's Pool on 2014-08-02, you should take note of this.

During the wild forks that were happening at that time, the danbi's Pool backend scripts managed to stop. This is an extremely rare event, has happened once or twice before for the pool's history. This time however, I was (very) away from computers and could not react soon enough. In addition, the data inconsistency was more than the MPOS automatic accounting scripts could handle.

As a consequence, all the shares submitted during that time were assigned to one block, and all the next blocks (636 in total) were not accounted properly.

What is most interesting, nobody, but community member hallared ever contacted me on this matter. One would think, that you gals and guys don't need the Diamonds you mine at the pool? ;-)

In this particular case, hallared not only showed interest, but in fact helped me great deal in actually deciding on a fair distribution of these unaccounted coins. Big thanks to hallared from me!!!

I have now executed the scripts that will send out the amounts miners were supposed to get. It is sent from the pool's hot wallet, but will not be recorded in the pool's statistics/transactions. That was something I contemplated doing, but it turned out to be too much of doctoring the database and could lead to worse situation.

If you mined at danbi's pool between blocks 513651 and 514538, you should receive your missing earnings with an transaction message of "lost coins from danbi's Pool blocks 513651-514538".

If you believe you had mined at danbi's Pool during that time, but your calculations/expectations to not match what was sent, or you received nothing, please contact me to sort it out.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:23:08 PM

@Danbi
Finally got around to setting up an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS box and compiled wallet 2.0.3 diamond-qt
Where do I find the datadir Huh so I can add diamond.conf ?
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 02:33:23 PM

@Danbi
Finally got around to setting up an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS box and compiled wallet 2.0.3 diamond-qt

.Diamond in ur userfolder

similar to this bitcoin guide for ubuntu.....
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man5/bitcoin.conf.5.html

utahjohn

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:38:21 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 03:48:56 PM by utahjohn

@Danbi

.Diamond in ur userfolder

similar to this bitcoin guide for ubuntu.....
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man5/bitcoin.conf.5.html
Thanks got that running and syncing Smiley

Now on to compiling Danbi's sph-sgminer ... lots of dependencys I had to fix but now compiling Smiley

Sweet got miner running on linux box now Smiley
polanskiman

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:44:07 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 04:03:55 PM by polanskiman

If you are/were mining on danbi's Pool on 2014-08-02, you should take note of this.

During the wild forks that were happening at that time, the danbi's Pool backend scripts managed to stop. This is an extremely rare event, has happened once or twice before for the pool's history. This time however, I was (very) away from computers and could not react soon enough. In addition, the data inconsistency was more than the MPOS automatic accounting scripts could handle.

As a consequence, all the shares submitted during that time were assigned to one block, and all the next blocks (636 in total) were not accounted properly.

What is most interesting, nobody, but community member hallared ever contacted me on this matter. One would think, that you gals and guys don't need the Diamonds you mine at the pool? ;-)

In this particular case, hallared not only showed interest, but in fact helped me great deal in actually deciding on a fair distribution of these unaccounted coins. Big thanks to hallared from me!!!

I have now executed the scripts that will send out the amounts miners were supposed to get. It is sent from the pool's hot wallet, but will not be recorded in the pool's statistics/transactions. That was something I contemplated doing, but it turned out to be too much of doctoring the database and could lead to worse situation.

If you mined at danbi's pool between blocks 513651 and 514538, you should receive your missing earnings with an transaction message of "lost coins from danbi's Pool blocks 513651-514538".

If you believe you had mined at danbi's Pool during that time, but your calculations/expectations to not match what was sent, or you received nothing, please contact me to sort it out.

Thanks Danbi. Got my 0.93 DMD back  Grin WOW I am richer now!
utahjohn

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:29:51 PM

My next task is to get a MPOS pool running locally on linux box for private use Smiley
Any tips for configs appreciated Smiley
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:45:40 PM

Vote for Diamond DMD on

click pic or this link https://www.mintpal.com/voting#DMD

place #107  now

paying 1 DMD to everyone who reached a new rank

so first one reporting #106 and walletaddress
@ http://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,16.0.html
gets 1 DMD
IMPORTANT only claim rewards on
http://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,16.0.html[/b][/color]

Dont forget our Design Contest!

Announcement: Design Contest

beat https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg7964250#msg7964250

which failed to follow the requirement

we wont change the coin as main logo itself
(or just in a very similar improved version)

so if u think u can do better
and stay with design and color scheme that fit to our coin logo and our website
http://bit.diamonds/promo.html

please show us ur skills

we will pay some DMD for each serious attempt and at least 200 DMD for the great winner!
(required is logo (have to be very close to original) buttons and icons for ANN thread
and some examples of promo banners where we get all the used art modules to create more similar looking banners)
(if there is nothing that fullfil requirements we can also choose no winner..)

contest will run over a month we will select winner in first week of september

DMD Multipool Lotto
earn lotto numbers for free when u mine at DMD Multipool
next drawing 7. September 100 DMD
http://multipool.bit.diamonds/

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:18:54 PM

Danbi,

I do not watch the pool closely enough to realize I was missing any DMD's.  I appreciate your honesty.  I did receive my DMD's today.  Thank you.  I am reminded why I feel Diamond is the coin to mine every time you (or the rest of the dev team) release a wallet update/fix or respond with a helpful post.  It feels like you are vested in this venture and truly care about the coin.  I have stopped mining all other coins and solely focus on DMD.  I am not a big time miner as you can tell by my hash rate.  Grin  The reason I came to Diamond after trying all the others was because the community seemed to have a unified message.  I just wanted to tell you and the other's in the dev team/community thank you for your hard work and efforts to keep us all mining!

Pokeytex

danbi

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:45:00 PM

My next task is to get a MPOS pool running locally on linux box for private use Smiley
Any tips for configs appreciated Smiley

When Diamond switched to Groestl, we had hard time, because of several factors:

- the traditionally used stratum-mining (in python, recent versions by ahmedbodi) was in hopeless state and required gross hacks to make it work with groestl. I hear it is in better shape now... totally forgot about it myself Smiley The rest of this ignores this stratum server, but you could use it if you prefer. It should work fine!

- it was unknown how to make stratum work. Now this is well known. You need to understand that 'groestl' and 'groestlcoin' are two different things and that GroestlCoin has in fact diverged from the protocol. It uses single sha256, while almost everyone else uses double sha256 for the transaction hashes. Some of the pool software is already aware of this, and has specific settings, like 'normal-hashing' to indicate you are not using that weirdness.

- MPOS is only the front-end. It expects that the stratum or pushpool server will insert the shares submitted by miners in the database. Then it would assign shares of the mined block to miners and generate (internal) transactions. In fact, MPOS handles everything but the actual work distribution to the miners.

- There is another project, NOMP, which is an MPOS like (but different philosophy) front-end and very good stratum server. It already has support for Groestl (https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal). It is extremely lightweight -- none of the processes consumes even 1% of an CPU core. As it should -- what the stratum server does is indeed trivial. Here is my definition for Diamond:

{
    "name": "Diamond",
    "symbol": "DMD",
    "algorithm": "groestl",
    "txMessages": false,
    "normalHashing": true,
    "peerMagic": "e4e8dbfd",
    "peerMagicTestnet": "cdf2c0ef"
}

- Since Diamond requires that you include foundation contribution in every block, you need to set that up in NOMP. The easiest way is to have

"rewardRecipients": {
        "dZi9hpA5nBC6tSAbPSsiMjb6HeQTprcWHz": 4.762
    },

in the pool config file. This produces slightly over 0.05 DMD but is bearable.. I hope to revisit this code one day, and do it properly.

- You need to enable MPOS mode. There is a nice guide how to configure NOMP otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: