Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 07:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin ★★ POS ★★ Anon Transactions ★★ Masternodes  (Read 209492 times)
btcMagnet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:23:39 PM

Could the MN-miner gang step up and show themselves  Cheesy

BTCMagnet I have to admit a few things are too technical for me, but I think that you might be exaggerating a bit with the MN gang !  Grin
the MN-gang is theoretical on my part, i hope they turn out to not exist at all.

But the probability of $80,000.00 plus price tags on this service is a matter of mathematics, not theory.

and it's just way too much, and figures (very soon) to be even more by my calculation,
btw i dont think even the creators of this coin realize its potential.

such astronomical overpaying would be an unnecessary drain on the oc economy for decades,
ie we could get the same, and prob better, service with a free market system.  

This principle is basic in all economic systems, and it is being total ignored by these hopeless attempts to divine and dictate the future value of orange.  You can't promise to pay a fixed amount in given currency for the next 45 years without having some clear idea of what that currency will be worth over that span of time.  Orange is going up in serious multiples soon, which makes this blind promise an unbelievably bad deal for the orange community.

We are all sick of hearing this "paying for" and "$80,000 price tag" these are all numbers and words you have came up with. And you act like they are real, it makes you look like your arguing with yourself. We have decided to borrow this amount of coins from our children to help better the coin and raise the value now. If the original spec said 41 years and not 46 years, I'm sure you would have invested just as much and done nothing diffrent. If your still a stake holder in 41 years, and bitcointalk is still around then we can talk about this more. Do I plan on orangecoin lasting many years past it's 42st birthday? Yes!!! However I also plan on that same day looking back and thinking what a great choose it was to pay for masternodes. Once again if you want to be upset at $80,000 price tag for masternodes then, also be upset about that same price tag being $800,000 (10 time more) for PoS. PoS only allows normal transactions, not running a server with up keep prices and un spendable coins.

I understand that Jim Rambler, who has been working hard and good, is a bit pissed off with btcMagnet who always comes out with the same points. Even if, the toughts of btcMagnet might very interesting, he just created an account on the 7th, so btcMagnet as to understand that by such technical points, he should accept that is position is not easy to understand and should try to be more diplomatic.
The math proving these excessive figures has been posted several times already, few are attempting to deny the amounts; the current thinking seems to be that $80k a year (or 2 or 3 times this) is a reasonable charge for this (relatively lightweight and minimal-investment requiring) service.... which is what i dispute.
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:31:42 PM

there's lots of manipulative people in crypto that do all sorts of dirty things to hurt or slow down other coins

Indeed, what you have been doing on other boards with all your sort of dirty things, isn't it?
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:37:56 PM

I am sure btcMagnet will survive it and what Fonzerrellie said was also right.

But, btcMagnet, thought he was again against greedy picks but we are not, maybe ignorant when it's too technical, for my part.

BtcMagnet is of course welcome, but he was very offensive, but also constructive.  In this very important discussion round, btcMagnet's position was not always easy to understand at the beginning.

OC loves critical and constructive discussions Cheesy

Honestly Fonzerrellie is talking a lot of bullshit, and only thinking of himself and his profit, but Orangecoin is a great coins, and i will add some coins at current levels, as i see some movement upwards.
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:41:04 PM

"[You] let [me] in on this discussion" "golf clap" way to twist words man.

if your not new then why start a new account just for OC?  most people use the same account for all their conversations on here and don't try to slink around... so ya of course it seems suspicious

and it doesn't mean your points are irrelevant, but your intentions maybe suspect

EDIT:  "and just how did you propose to keep me out?"  you obviously didn't read it correctly... "the fact that we're even being let in on this discussion and that it's totally public shows nobody is trying to "dictate" anything. If they were this discussion wouldn't be happening and we would have gotten whatever they decided by themselves."  Notice the word "WE'RE"... if they wanted to leave US out of the conversation they could have done it all privately and released whatever set up they wanted.

I have nothing to do with the dev team, I'm just a supporter so please stop implying that I am anything but.
i can see there was some confusion on the discussion access matter, no hard feelings.
as for my intentions i believe they are transparent to any open-minded and intelligent person.
Rainer4256

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:42:18 PM

if your not new then why start a new account just for OC?  most people use the same account for all their conversations on here and don't try to slink around... so ya of course it seems suspicious

and it doesn't mean your points are irrelevant, but your intentions maybe suspect

EDIT:  "and just how did you propose to keep me out?"  you obviously didn't read it correctly... "the fact that we're even being let in on this discussion and that it's totally public shows nobody is trying to "dictate" anything. If they were this discussion wouldn't be happening and we would have gotten whatever they decided by themselves."  Notice the word "WE'RE"... if they wanted to leave US out of the conversation they could have done it all privately and released whatever set up they wanted.

I have nothing to do with the dev team, I'm just a supporter so please stop implying that I am anything but.
i can see there was some confusion on the discussion access matter, no hard feelings.
as for my intentions i believe they are transparent to any open-minded and intelligent person.

Why do you always use bold letters, that's annoying.

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:49:59 PM

Why do you always use bold letters, that's annoying.
sry guess i feel a little out numbered and in need of some bold help
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:21:56 PM

Could the MN-miner gang step up and show themselves  Cheesy

BTCMagnet I have to admit a few things are too technical for me, but I think that you might be exaggerating a bit with the MN gang !  Grin
the MN-gang is theoretical on my part, i hope they turn out to not exist at all.

But the probability of $80,000.00 plus price tags on this service is a matter of mathematics, not theory.

and it's just way too much, and figures (very soon) to be even more by my calculation,
btw i dont think even the creators of this coin realize its potential.

such astronomical overpaying would be an unnecessary drain on the oc economy for decades,
ie we could get the same, and prob better, service with a free market system.  

This principle is basic in all economic systems, and it is being total ignored by these hopeless attempts to divine and dictate the future value of orange.  You can't promise to pay a fixed amount in given currency for the next 45 years without having some clear idea of what that currency will be worth over that span of time.  Orange is going up in serious multiples soon, which makes this blind promise an unbelievably bad deal for the orange community.

I may be new to posting in the forums, but I do know that you are cutting your ankles before you begin to run.  The price of OC is astronomically low compared to your supposed guess of figures, and I hate to play devils advocate, but just like growing a business, your odds of success are REALLY low.

I am a large holder of OC, and I do believe that this coin has the capability of a short term healthy gain and traction if the devs continue to innovate, but saying this coin will be worth half of what blackcoin is, is a huge undertaking, one that I am skeptical about.  

In the world of crypto, long term IS 6 months, thats the make or break time (some would argue even less than that), so please let the devs continue to innovate in the next month, and not worry about 42 years down the line, this conversation needs to end, progress needs to be made.

My estimates concerning the future of OC are based on math, cc history, and current crypto politics.
I don't think they are optimistic considering some of the upcoming additions to the currency,
each of which appears to traditionally have a reliable proportional effect on the price.

I like the tone of your interest.  Welcome.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:22:49 PM

there's lots of manipulative people in crypto that do all sorts of dirty things to hurt or slow down other coins

Indeed, what you have been doing on other boards with all your sort of dirty things, isn't it?

lol Okay sugar pill, did I start a coin then drop it days before pow ended so I could scoop up a shwack of cheap coins from the people who had been investing in it the whole time??

sorry all I did was let people know what you did, and that your probably still the dev of ctz pretending to be a diff person lol

a lil butt hurt your scam fell through??  I even left a comment that could have cleaned the slate for the holders of your coin, that would have left them at the 3-4 satos they were at before you crashed it down to 1 sato

and if kingcoiny didn't want to be seen as a makeshift scam exchange to rip people off maybe he shouldn't have started it so shaddy and lied multiple times, and false info on the whois.

lol feel free people to look at my past post Cheesy I'm proud of them all except any supporting placebo or kingcoiny.

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:26:38 PM

But, btcMagnet, thought he was again against greedy picks but we are not, maybe ignorant when it's too technical, for my part.

BtcMagnet is of course welcome, but he was very offensive, but also constructive.  In this very important discussion round, btcMagnet's position was not always easy to understand at the beginning.

Honestly Fonzerrellie is talking a lot of bullshit, and only thinking of himself and his profit, but Orangecoin is a great coins, and i will add some coins at current levels, as i see some movement upwards.

lol ya thats why I said whatever the devs feel is best multiple times...

EDIT: if I was just worried about my profits I would've helped you with your scam like you were probably hoping I would... instead of helping you "save" ctz to get my profits out, instead I took a big loss with a smile on my face to not be apart of your dirty games.

we're not all a bunch of con artists in crypto

get a life sugar pill

WAVES
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:20:34 AM

snip.... I am skeptical.... snip
The most conservative aspect of my estimates is the fact that I used BC as a comparison,
which is not even an anon coin. (could have used dark you know, even when compensating for the difference in total number (12 to 1) this bumps the 80k figure to well over 300k per year for the service in question)

And here's a free tip... any coin that is not anon is going to be very seriously disadvantaged when ppl generally realize that non-anon coins (including btc btw) leave a double-wide trail engraved in digital stone.
because... At least half the wealth flowing into cc is trying to escape being tracked somewhere down the road.
Bloodpainter

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:02:33 AM

The most conservative aspect of my estimates is the fact that I used BC as a comparison,
which is not even an anon coin. (could have used dark you know, even when compensating for the difference in total number (12 to 1) this bumps the 80k figure to well over 300k per year for the service in question)

And here's a free tip... any coin that is not anon is going to be very seriously disadvantaged when ppl generally realize that non-anon coins (including btc btw) leave a double-wide trail engraved in digital stone.
because... At least half the wealth flowing into cc is trying to escape being tracked somewhere down the road.

I want to first thank you for not taking my words as attacking your point of view, and thank you for welcoming me, I've been paying quite a bit of attention to the crypto scene for the past few months, and we need very opinionated people like yourself here.

anon is a good feature, but it is just that, a feature, and in a few months will be a STANDARD feature among coins as an option to how we can spend our cryptocurrency.  Laws of diminishing returns would say at this point, if orangecoin devs release just the anon, with no good followup innovation within a month, this coin will experience a bump to 1k-2k sats, then probably stagnate and wither.  Darkcoin gets to ride the anon wave, as they were first, so their price will stay inflated due to the expansion of that feature, that is why I am skeptical of the future prices you are saying.

In order for this coin to achieve what you are aiming for, it needs new features, that no other coins possesses yet (XC is working on blockchain 2.0, VRC is working on variable PoS/SMS payments, MAST/CLOAK is working on anon exchanges, LOL is trying to get their foot in the door of League of legends, etc...), and a lot of this innovation needs to be claimed in WEEKS, not months.  Coins that do break out can have a longer outlook than a few months, (BTC has yearly outlooks, LTC has no outlook (my personal beliefs IMO), and DRK has a 3 month outlook).

I want to be somewhat optimistic though, in that this is one of the first times I have seen devs have a goal, but need to discuss and adjust the inner workings of a coin with its owners, about how we would do it. 

If this coin has a breakout, and it does succeed where few have, then I completely agree with your longer term outlooks, as it stands now, I think your fighting for a dream, not necessarily a reality.
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:30:06 AM

I want to first thank you for not taking my words as attacking your point of view, and thank you for welcoming me, I've been paying quite a bit of attention to the crypto scene for the past few months, and we need very opinionated people like yourself here.

anon is a good feature, but it is just that, a feature, and in a few months will be a STANDARD feature among coins as an option to how we can spend our cryptocurrency..... snip

What you are saying is true in a field of 500 alt coins, but the anon field is currently about a dozen, with half of those being either weak or felonious in their support.  The few remaining anons will get a monster head start at the very least, which is all the edge a coin like OC will need to set new precedents in price gains.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:49:13 AM

BtcMagnet is of course welcome, but he was very offensive, but also constructive.  In this very important discussion round, btcMagnet's position was not always easy to understand at the beginning.

EDIT: if I was just worried about my profits I would've helped you with your scam like you were probably hoping I would... instead of helping you "save" ctz to get my profits out, instead I took a big loss with a smile on my face to not be apart of your dirty games.

get a life sugar pill

You're just a sick men, i said i had 100M CTZ coins, never said that i bought 100M coins that, even a asshole would have notice that there was only 65M coins traded that day,and that in the situation that nobody else had orders on it, but yes, monkeys has brains, but it looks like this monkey only had FUD. You're just disgusting, people like you should be removed from bitcointalk forever.
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:24:02 AM

People please let your problems with other coins at home.

OC thread is not a battlefield for other coinissues and experiences.

Thanks a lot  Wink
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:34:32 AM

get a life sugar pill

You're just a sick men, i said i had 100M CTZ coins, never said that i bought 100M coins that, even a asshole would have notice that there was only 65M coins traded that day,and that in the situation that nobody else had orders on it, but yes, monkeys has brains, but it looks like this monkey only had FUD. You're just disgusting, people like you should be removed from bitcointalk forever.

the number of coins you bought isn't important,  the fact that you all of a sudden said you quit like you did knowing that it would crash the coins value to the bare minimum is what is shaddy/sick, you didn't give 2 sh!ts about the supporters of the coin... the amount of coins you bought after you caused the crash is irrelevant, it's no more relevant then what you said at the beginning of pow when you claimed to be concerned/serious about caring about your supporters... or that you were in it for the long haul.  if you lied about caring about your supporters and sticking around for the long term then why would anyone believe you or care about specific numbers that come out of your mouth ?

and if you didn't lie about caring and sticking around long term then we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

there was a shwack of better ways to get out of your responsibilities as dev that wouldn't have hurt the coin, many of them would have even helped the coins value... but you couldn't care less and actually acted like you found it funny.

good thing most people aren't as stupid as you think they are.

"golf clap" lol if people like me were removed from here, who would you try to pull your fast ones on??

Yes sorry about this Specialkey, he did say he was going to try to "crash OC" so i was half expecting him to show up sometime.

I almost forgot to vote after work... I'm on it Cheesy

WAVES
Specialkey

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:58:15 AM

Welcome To
ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Don't forget to vote @ Cryptsy, Poloniex, and Mintpal!
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://poloniex.com/voting

Come on over to orangecoins.info/forum/ for the latest updates on everything Orange!
Stop by and check out the giveaways, Art Contest with BIGGER OC prizes, bounties, paid referral program and more...!

ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER THE ART CONTEST!
Don't miss your chance at 30k in prizes!

We're on IRC! #orangecoindev

Do you have something to add to Orangecoin? A service or merchandise, perhaps?
Inquire with Orangecoin or myself!

Indeed. Voting time  Wink

I am happy to be on OCboard and if somebody says he will let crash it, this is only driven by fear and therefore I send them my love  Grin
There is enough place for all coins which are made from honest dev with their love.
There is nothing to fear about even no competition. Wink
Insomniac8

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:16:55 AM

I think it sounds reasonable so far, I do have a couple of questions though.
It was mentioned before that a static IP is required. I guess this is because an address needs to be provided so it can be added to the config file.
Is it possible instead to have a domain name that tracks a dynamic IP? Or must it be static?
Also, someone mentioned that DDOS protection would be required as the nodes would be targetted. Is this just an assumption or has this been proven to be the case from other coins that have masternodes set up?
What is the real risk in hosting a node on a server used for other perposes?

Ddos isn't necessary if you are able to restart your server/node immediately after an attack. But are you able to stand by your computer for days? DDOS protects your server from this and ensures your node stays up and provides that security of knowing the node is safe to the network. Your server if used for anything else woud be affected by such an attack since ddos attacks go for the entire server, not the part with the node.

I understand that if ddosed all services would be effected, I suppose my question was more what the chances of a ddos occurring, are there any known accounts if a ddos against masternodes?

Would like my other question answered more though, would a domain like ones from no-ip work, or does the connection have to be a static ip?
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:05:32 AM

Welcome To
ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Come on over to orangecoins.info/forum/ for the latest updates on everything Orange!
Stop by and check out the giveaways, Art Contest with BIGGER OC prizes, bounties, paid referral program and more...!

Indeed. Voting time  Wink

I am happy to be on OCboard and if somebody says he will let crash it, this is only driven by fear and therefore I send them my love  Grin
There is enough place for all coins which are made from honest dev with their love.

Indeed, Much love to the crypto world and everyone in it. this is just the birth of crypto's... I'm just glad to be a part of it and do my best to help it along, in my little city it seems only a tiny few have any idea of the potential of bit lol actually the responses I get from the people who have heard of it through news etc is hilarious everything from "didn't the guy who invented bitcoin kill himself?"  "didn't Bitcoin go bankrupt?" to "money? I thought bitcoin was an online game"  but still the majority of people say they've never even heard of it Sad  So I get the privilege of sharing info on btc and try to open their eye's to the possibilities with it to sometimes 15 or so people a night Cheesy  lol I've even gotten hugs from someone when I told them I was going to be accepting bitcoin in the coming months, as long as it doesn't slow down my deliveries my boss doesn't have a problem with it Smiley  (as long as I can cover the dollar amount myself) and of course if I have time I'll mention a bit about altcoins, exchanges and of course our beloved OC  Kiss

we're all part of the crypto family after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQ09bbWfMs

WAVES
Specialkey

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:13:58 AM

Welcome To
ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Indeed. Voting time  Wink

I am happy to be on OCboard and if somebody says he will let crash it, this is only driven by fear and therefore I send them my love  Grin

Indeed, Much love to the crypto world and everyone in it. this is just the birth of crypto's... I'm just glad to be a part of it and do my best to help it along, in my little city it seems only a tiny few have any idea of the potential of bit lol actually the responses I get from the people who have heard of it through news etc is hilarious everything from "didn't the guy who invented bitcoin kill himself?"  "didn't Bitcoin go bankrupt?" to "money? I thought bitcoin was an online game"  but still the majority of people say they've never even heard of it Sad  So I get the privilege of sharing info on btc and try to open their eye's to the possibilities with it to sometimes 15 or so people a night Cheesy  lol I've even gotten hugs from someone when I told them I was going to be accepting bitcoin in the coming months, as long as it doesn't slow down my deliveries my boss doesn't have a problem with it Smiley  (as long as I can cover the dollar amount myself) and of course if I have time I'll mention a bit about altcoins, exchanges and of course our beloved OC  Kiss

we're all part of the crypto family after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQ09bbWfMs

+1  Smiley
Insomniac8

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:32:10 PM

Have just over taken Androids Tokens on MintPal and equal with Black Dragon. Moving up slowely....
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: