Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:37:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669191 times)
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:17:23 PM

I've just been to see Dope. Anyone seen it? First film to accept Bitcoin as payment? https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/s/dope-become-first-movie-accept-bitcoin-ticket-purchases-142349991.html

It's a good film. Very funny, and should peak interest in crypto since Bitcoin, the Dark Web and untraceable (but traceable!) transactions feature throughout.

Go see it, then tell everyone there about Monero.
XMRChina

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:23:20 PM

I need your help!

Please email support@mail.btc38.com and ask them to add Monero

BTC38 is a very important altcoin exchange in China.

Chinese care about privacy but most are not aware of Monero yet.

BTC38 will like our volume. Someone from the dev team should also work with them to make sure they set things up correctly.  Perhaps they would be a good test case for the first exchange to use an integrated address and payment ID

Do you want us to email them in English? I think we would stand more of a chance if, for instance, you emailed them in Chinese.

Agree on the bolded part and I think the devs would certainly help with integrating as long as one of their devs speaks proper english.

PS: Monero is already on there, just not as trading pair -> http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/xmr/

I have emailed them already. Below is their exact response to me

"HI Monero,

We do not have any plan to adding a new coin on our site at this time.

we will pay attention to your coin and  let us see  if your coin is good enough.

Regards

support"

I responded by asking them what we can do to make our coin more attractive and mentioned our current efforts to work on translation etc.

Unfortunately I do not read/write Chinese very well. I am much better at speaking Mandarin.  Therefore I would not be a good person to help accurately translate content. Reading and writing Chinese can be very difficult even after spending time living in China. Speaking is much easier with practice.

Hopefully someone in the community can help do a better job with translations

Otherwise we can start with Google translate (free), then a service like this: http://www.freetranslation.com/en/professional-translationm (better)

Transifex sounds like a great service but is sounds like there could be some technical issues to deal with first
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:55:18 PM

I pledge 50 XMR for the chinese translation as well, would make 675 XMR so far. Is there anybody willing to organize this?

As soon as someone comes forward willing to translate we can find a trusted escrow and talk with flyffly about how the new language will be integrated in the current website, also it would be good to have simplewallet translated to chinese.

i would hit that. my chinese is quite good.

awesome, I would send the moneroj directly to you.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:37:22 AM

I pledge 50 XMR for the chinese translation as well, would make 675 XMR so far. Is there anybody willing to organize this?

As soon as someone comes forward willing to translate we can find a trusted escrow and talk with flyffly about how the new language will be integrated in the current website, also it would be good to have simplewallet translated to chinese.

Sounds good  Cheesy
Can you give us an example of your translation, or has anybody here read a translated script from aminorex?

awesome, I would send the moneroj directly to you.

Let´s use a transparent escrow, i think this is in the interest for all of us  Shocked

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:48:44 AM

I need your help!

Please email support@mail.btc38.com and ask them to add Monero

BTC38 is a very important altcoin exchange in China.

Chinese care about privacy but most are not aware of Monero yet.

BTC38 will like our volume. Someone from the dev team should also work with them to make sure they set things up correctly.  Perhaps they would be a good test case for the first exchange to use an integrated address and payment ID

Do you want us to email them in English? I think we would stand more of a chance if, for instance, you emailed them in Chinese.

Agree on the bolded part and I think the devs would certainly help with integrating as long as one of their devs speaks proper english.

PS: Monero is already on there, just not as trading pair -> http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/xmr/

I have emailed them already. Below is their exact response to me

"HI Monero,

We do not have any plan to adding a new coin on our site at this time.

we will pay attention to your coin and  let us see  if your coin is good enough.

Regards

support"

I responded by asking them what we can do to make our coin more attractive and mentioned our current efforts to work on translation etc.

Unfortunately I do not read/write Chinese very well. I am much better at speaking Mandarin.  Therefore I would not be a good person to help accurately translate content. Reading and writing Chinese can be very difficult even after spending time living in China. Speaking is much easier with practice.

Hopefully someone in the community can help do a better job with translations

Otherwise we can start with Google translate (free), then a service like this: http://www.freetranslation.com/en/professional-translation (better)

Transifex sounds like a great service but is sounds like there could be some technical issues to deal with first

What do they mean by good enough?!
I am also a friend of a professional translation, due aminorex offered to translate the text needed.
(repaired your link)

I checked the fees at freetranslation with 100 words you are cleared with $45 including proofread
With 1000 words you have to pay $170
With 5000 words $850

That´s a go for me, with 675XMR at current rate = $363

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186

Monero

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:57:02 AM

On the topic of bounties, I am looking for someone to create tutorial videos for Monero.

I'd prefer someone who is somewhat of an established community member.

Tutorials will cover getting started in windows & linux, mining, and secure storage.

Please PM me for more information. We can negotiate pricing for each tutorial. These will be of great use to a lot of newcomers.

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:14:09 AM

On the topic of bounties, I am looking for someone to create tutorial videos for Monero.

Tutorials will cover getting started in windows & linux, mining, and secure storage.

Please PM me for more information. We can negotiate pricing for each tutorial. These will be of great use to a lot of newcomers.

If I recall correctly, GingerAle already did some tutorials for getting started. So I would advise to PM him!

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Wanderlust

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:43:17 AM

my analysis… https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.msg11717443#msg11717443
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:53:44 AM

I would also say Ginger would be the best to do it, if he got some spare time :p
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:37:32 AM

Screaming generally agreed upon facts doesn't qualify as "analysis" in my opinion, and I would take issue with your statement about no one knowing the history of BCN. We do know the public history for last 15 months or whatever: when it was publicly released,  they released a white paper with a faked creation date, they released a very slow CPU miner with their public release, etc...
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:45:20 AM

If I recall correctly, GingerAle already did some tutorials for getting started. So I would advise to PM him!

GingerAle's Tutorials Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6AgEvNeIFw3fiEzRQ_Yswg
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 11:49:24 AM

GingerAle Tutorials Channel

ugh, I need to make a new one. My idiot self didn't check that the compile instructions had changed. " make release-static-64 " is the build command you should use, if anyone's following that rambling video series Smiley

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:57:01 AM

GingerAle Tutorials Channel

ugh, I need to make a new one. My idiot self didn't check that the compile instructions had changed. " make release-static-64 " is the build command you should use, if anyone's following that rambling video series Smiley

In linux you can hit tab to see what commands/options are available. You could tell users to do that and explain generally what which one does:

For instance, these are the targets now available:
all                   cmake-release         debug-test            release-static        release-static-arm6   release-test         
clean                 debug                 release               release-static-32     release-static-win32  tags                 
cmake-debug           debug-all             release-all           release-static-64     release-static-win64

If you give people general clues like diference between release/debug, static/test , 32/64/win64, etc. The viewer would then be educated to discern what each target means, and even eventual new ones.... or not:  Huh
Wanderlust

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:11:50 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 01:28:03 PM by Wanderlust

Screaming generally agreed upon facts doesn't qualify as "analysis" in my opinion, and I would take issue with your statement about no one knowing the history of BCN. We do know the public history for last 15 months or whatever: when it was publicly released,  they released a white paper with a faked creation date, they released a very slow CPU miner with their public release, etc...

who is screaming? And I said nobody here (BCT). Prob should have said "seems to know"

as I mentioned to your fellow community member:

If my statements* are obvious to you it flummoxes me how XMR can call out BCN as a scam as though it were the gospel truth. Far too little is known to make definitive comments one way or the other.

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THE HISTORY OF CN OR BCN IS.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHO CREATED CN OR BCN.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS SPECIFIC INFO REGARDING DATES OF LAUNCH FOR EITHER CN OR BCN.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS THE EXACT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CN AND BCN DEVS.
BOTH CN AND BCN DEVS REMAIN ANONYMOUS.
WHAT WE DO KNOW IS THAT BCN WAS THE FIRST CN COIN
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:40:10 PM

Since we're on about quasi religious arguments about you can't be totally 100% certain of A therefore not A is as likely as A...

WHAT WE DO KNOW IS THAT BCN WAS THE FIRST CN COIN[/size].

What makes you think there isn't another, earlier, one still waiting to be discovered on the even deeper web ?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:14:31 PM

If my statements* are obvious to you it flummoxes me how XMR can call out BCN as a scam as though it were the gospel truth. Far too little is known to make definitive comments one way or the other.

Then I will continue to flummox you because for reasons mentioned again and again and again it is quite obvious to me and many others that BCN is a scam.

Also you are too articulate and evidently intelligent to not be able to see the EXTREMELY reasonable and overwhelming evidence and have even gone so far as to try to make the argument that the premine was a way to protect the users.

Therefore in my opinion, you are a shill.  Thanks for playing.

Oh, have something to say?? Please, let me get that for you: "If you are going to call people just trying to understand CN 'shills' then you are a bad bad man".  Right?

Bullshit.

PS  Dark coin shills will bow down to you if they ever read your shit.
Wanderlust

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:15:43 PM

Since we're on about quasi religious arguments about you can't be totally 100% certain of A therefore not A is as likely as A...

What makes you think there isn't another, earlier, one still waiting to be discovered on the even deeper web ?

The Cryptonote devs didn't mention one or dispute BCN's claim to be the first. Indeed the CN Team do not dispute any of the BCN Team's version of events. No whistle-blowers crying scam. Not that it necessarily means much. In fact the early history suggests BCN devs helped CN devs implement the code. This has not been disputed by the CN Team either, at least as far as I'm aware.

@cAPSLOCK - there is not much "evidence", if any. In actual fact it is the almost complete lack of any "evidence" or certainly "conclusive evidence" that presents the problem. you need more than wonky dates on a whitepaper (what did CN guys say about these date issues btw?). thanks for the complement tho.
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:32:23 PM

PS  Dark coin shills will bow down to you if they ever read your shit.

so true, they probably cream their pants with the amount of premine BCN pulled off and still plays "cool", like an axis of evil the scams back each other in public.

Wanderlust, why you insist in bringing BCN to this thread? Few people here actually care about it, Monero forked the code a long long time ago, there is nothing you can do about it.  Wink
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:42:25 PM

Indeed the CN Team do not dispute any of the BCN Team's version of events. No whistle-blowers crying scam. Not that it necessarily means much. In fact the early history suggests BCN devs helped CN devs implement the code. This has not been disputed by the CN Team either, at least as far as I'm aware

Oh, wait!  Crap!  You think the CN team and BCN Team actually might KNOW EACH OTHER?!??!??

You really are on another level.
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:46:52 PM

The Cryptonote devs didn't mention one or dispute BCN's claim to be the first. Indeed the CN Team do not dispute any of the BCN Team's version of events. No whistle-blowers crying scam. Not that it necessarily means much. In fact the early history suggests BCN devs helped CN devs implement the code. This has not been disputed by the CN Team either, at least as far as I'm aware.

@cAPSLOCK - there is not much "evidence", if any. In actual fact it is the almost complete lack of any "evidence" or certainly "conclusive evidence" that presents the problem. you need more than wonky dates on a whitepaper (what did CN guys say about these date issues btw?). thanks for the complement tho.

The problem with your entire argument rests on the fact that BCN presented itself in a false manner. The dates mean a lot and shows the entire BCN "operation" may have been an intended pump and *dead*dump(Since around 80%+ of the coins were mined relatively secretly). Either way you look at it, it is a fact that most of the coins in BCN were mined in secret, and that says enough. Lack of response by the CN/BCN guys actually helps to validate the theory that BCN may have been a pump and dump attempt gone wrong, either way it's too screwed up.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Pages: « 1 ... 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: