Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:19:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 [708] 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667229 times)
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 08:53:46 AM

what are the bad news and why the price has collapsed  Huh

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:30:02 AM

what are the bad news and why the price has collapsed  Huh

Our glorious leader, the honourable Admiral Foo Foo, has died during a combat mission in the outer rim of the western spiral arm of the galaxy. The market reflects our collective sadness.

Seriously, though, it's this ongoing nonsense - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8910466#msg8910466

samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:39:21 AM

FUD again,nothing new

krawallmining

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:07:03 AM

Every panic seller needs to remember how the team managed the last two attacks.
When the next months will go well, I think one can be very sure (as far is this is possible) about the technical reliability of this coin. I'm confident.

Price will go up and down...
sucksyd

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:10:50 AM

When the next months will go well, I think one can be very sure (as far is this is possible) about the technical reliability of this coin. I'm confident.

but it declines by 20 percent
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:31:23 AM

Im LOL at all you soon to be bagholders.. Dont you get it? The coin code is flawed. No fighting facts here. If I were you guys I'd be selling all my xmr and hopping into safe bets like btc and stealthcoin.

Its, as simple as that.

I did just that and picked up stealth.

Some would say Im a weak hand
nah, I just go where the profit is Smiley
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:39:20 AM

Im LOL at all you soon to be bagholders.. Dont you get it? The coin code is flawed. No fighting facts here. If I were you guys I'd be selling all my xmr and hopping into safe bets like btc and stealthcoin.

Its, as simple as that.

I did just that and picked up stealth.

Some would say Im a weak hand
nah, I just go where the profit is Smiley

sure you are...  both of you were in stealthcoin long before this unfolded...go fud somewhere else.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
krawallmining

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:51:07 AM

but it declines by 20 percent
Supposed to happen when big panic selling starts.
In three weeks it may be much higher again.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:53:34 AM

any way to setup a miner proxy to solo mine?

I think this is what you are looking for

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735738.msg8310952#msg8310952
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:10:31 PM

Before the threat to attack the coin, the price was relatively calm (48 hours in 340-390, average 364). When the threat came, the price tanked to 281, which was a 22% fall in a few minutes. For those who don't remember the Bitcoin weekly 20-30% flashcrashes in for example March 2013, that may seem like dramatic, in fact it is not. But it is something that has not happened with Monero in the recent history, if ever.

If you take 360 or 364 as the baseline price from which to calculate the attack odds, the current market evaluation can be read from the following table:

Code:
price	kill%
360 0 %
342 5 %
324 10 %
306 15 %
288 20 %
270 25 %
252 30 %
etc ...

If you check the price, and conclude the market has priced the risk wrongly, you should take action. Another approach is to try to swingtrade, but this leaves you holding the bag if the coinkiller attack materializes.

Just selling, without doing the math, is good if and only if you absolutely cannot take any risk that it dies. Because if it does, you can buy back at a loss. (There will be others wanting to buy back also in that situation.)

Just buying because it is cheap, without doing the math, is good if and only if you are prepared to lose 100% of the investment in less than 3 days, no matter how low the risk of this actually happening is perceived to be.

Happy trading! Also my options are operational, with skyhigh implied volatility of course.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:16:13 PM

Before the threat to attack the coin, the price was relatively calm (48 hours in 340-390, average 364). When the threat came, the price tanked to 281, which was a 22% fall in a few minutes. For those who don't remember the Bitcoin weekly 20-30% flashcrashes in for example March 2013, that may seem like dramatic, in fact it is not. But it is something that has not happened with Monero in the recent history, if ever.

If you take 360 or 364 as the baseline price from which to calculate the attack odds, the current market evaluation can be read from the following table:

Code:
price	kill%
360 0 %
342 5 %
324 10 %
306 15 %
288 20 %
270 25 %
252 30 %
etc ...

If you check the price, and conclude the market has priced the risk wrongly, you should take action. Another approach is to try to swingtrade, but this leaves you holding the bag if the coinkiller attack materializes.

Just selling, without doing the math, is good if and only if you absolutely cannot take any risk that it dies. Because if it does, you can buy back at a loss. (There will be others wanting to buy back also in that situation.)

Just buying because it is cheap, without doing the math, is good if and only if you are prepared to lose 100% of the investment in less than 3 days, no matter how low the risk of this actually happening is perceived to be.

Happy trading! Also my options are operational, with skyhigh implied volatility of course.

What do you personally think are the chances of a coin killer attack? And second, did you sell a percentage of your stash?

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:32:05 PM

What do you personally think are the chances of a coin killer attack? And second, did you sell a percentage of your stash?

I am quite an insider in the situation, since I belong to the remedy team, and have communicated with all the main actors. I cannot evaluate the tech, but I know the turns of the events.

I currently give a 92-96% chance that Cryptonote will live to see the next month Smiley

As a result, I believe that currently the market is too bearish.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:06:54 PM

I am quite an insider in the situation, since I belong to the remedy team, and have communicated with all the main actors. I cannot evaluate the tech, but I know the turns of the events.

I currently give a 92-96% chance that Cryptonote will live to see the next month Smiley

Are you joking us? You know full well cryptonotes are dead and a thing of the past, just like myspace. You coming here and giving your opinion that there is a 92-96% that cryptonotes will live on is pure bullshit and a clear attempt to salvage any value that your bagholding self now needs to sell off.

You're just trying to buy time to get out on everyone else... Some of these people may actually believe you but those are the sheep.

Stop lying you sack of shit and admit you fucked up! XMR is dead!
Anon136
Legendary

Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:09:37 PM

Are you joking us? You know full well cryptonotes are dead and a thing of the past, just like myspace. You coming here and giving your opinion that there is a 92-96% that cryptonotes will live on is pure bullshit and a clear attempt to salvage any value that your bagholding self now needs to sell off.

You're just trying to buy time to get out on everyone else... Some of these people may actually believe you but those are the sheep.

Why don’t we just reserve judgement until after the cards have fallen.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:14:36 PM

Why don’t we just wait until after the cards fall to pass judgement.

What?? Why wait? Seems like the general consensus by the people who are way smarter then I is that XMR is dead and the code is flawed.  It's like buying a new car and finding out its a lemon. Its never gonna be good again. It will be problems after problems. There's no "fixing" this code. It was flawed from the start anyway as cryptonotes already had the major issue of blockchain bloat.

My question is how long till you realize what coin out there has the answer to true anon without all the bloat.

Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:17:27 PM

Answer the question. Have you sold any of your stash?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:19:10 PM

Answer the question. Have you sold any of your stash?

Hell motherfucking yeah he did. That goes without saying. This guy is a money-maker and he aint going to be left holding the bag. NOPE, that will be all you guys who buy into his bullshit ans try to wait it out for a "month".

P.s That's like a year in the crypto world.

Anon136
Legendary

Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:25:27 PM

Why don’t we just wait until after the cards fall to pass judgement.

What?? Why wait? Seems like the general consensus by the people who are way smarter then I is that XMR is dead and the code is flawed.  It's like buying a new car and finding out its a lemon. Its never gonna be good again. It will be problems after problems. There's no "fixing" this code. It was flawed from the start anyway as cryptonotes already had the major issue of blockchain bloat.

My question is how long till you realize what coin out there has the answer to true anon without all the bloat.

Ok ill entertain you. What is this alternative that satisfies both the unlinkability and untracability requirements? I dont have time to read into all of the altcoins out there but of what i have read all of the other supposed "anonymous" coins either just coinjoin, which is a wholly unsatisfactory "solution", or they leave all of their activity plain as day for anyone to analyse on the blockchain but call it "anonymous" because they run network traffic through tor. Show me something that isn’t subject to either of these criticisms and i will look into it.

*edit* please reply quickly i have to leave soon

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:25:45 PM

You're just trying to buy time to get out on everyone else..
Some of these people may actually believe you but those are the sheep.

If BCX is to be believed ..
We'll all know within 72 hours ..
Wed am should tell the tale ..  Shocked

Triff ..

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:30:10 PM

Someone with a investment thread should be just telling their investors what coins to buy, not actively attacking a coin, right? So what's your motive? You have a coin you're trying to sell and you see Monero as its natural enemy.  So you wait until there's a rumor of an attack on this coin and you  start making posts to try and lure people away and to whatever coin you are most invested in, but as a bonus, you seize the moment to trash another  investor who people listen to and trust because you have unresolved jealousy issues.

Tell me if I got anything wrong.

Pages: « 1 ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 [708] 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: