Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MON | Monocle | Merge Mined on VTC Vertcoin - No Premine - Scrypt-N  (Read 145882 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:31:15 PM

anyone like to venture a guess as to why parallaxcoin has 20% higher network hashrate compared to monocle?

MON:
Network Hashrate   
2,222.78 MH/sec

PLX:
Network Hashrate   
2,627.95 MH/sec

just seems weird as PLX appears to be a dead/abandoned coin...
S_tring

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:54:14 PM

anyone like to venture a guess as to why parallaxcoin has 20% higher network hashrate compared to monocle?

MON:
Network Hashrate   
2,222.78 MH/sec

PLX:
Network Hashrate   
2,627.95 MH/sec

just seems weird as PLX appears to be a dead/abandoned coin...

It must be merge mined by more "partner" coins?

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
S_tring

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:05:26 PM

Last price on Polo, 11 sats.

Huh

prometheianz

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:51:03 AM

Last price on Polo, 11 sats.

Huh

Whoever bought 9 BTC of them last week now has ~0.15 BTC worth. At least we aren't that guy.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:07:59 AM

This is just one of those stretches where everything is taking a hit. The new money coming into the altcoin economy quickly flows back out via the "grift of the week." Last week it was Urocoin (a few fraudulent documents, a bad Photoshop job, and "Uro" in the name which literally means "Urine"). If something has been around for more than a couple weeks it is considered old news. That is ridiculous and it needs to change.

Vertcoin and Monocle are an awesome combo. In fact, I borrowed part of the Vertcoin code to implement into my own coin. A great cryptocurrency needs to have fair distribution, a secure blockchain, and should have a purpose beyond just existing. As the first Scrypt-N coin, Vertcoin instantly filled a need as ASICs began to ship.

Monocle is great because you get the same competent development team, a secure network due to the merge-mining, and a great way to interfere with the coin-hopping formulas that essentially do nothing more than damage altcoins and contribute to inconsistency in network speeds. Beyond that, Monocle has proven to be a great test bed for new features (as we have recently witnessed with the stealth address features).

Unfortunately, at the present time, innovation and technical specifications are overshadowed by hype, pump-and-dumps, and fraud. As far as I'm concerned, a developer actually concerned about creating something revolutionary would leverage an existing currency and build upon it instead of creating one from scratch at this point. I have seen coins with 20% premines that have threads 400 pages deep and people lining up to buy the coins as the "dev" unloads them 2 weeks after launch, I have seen IPOs that raise hundreds of BTC only to have the "dev" vanish without even releasing the coin - this is insanity. There is so much confusion and so little education. People blindly buy anything and everything off the slightest "tip" and nobody seems to care about proof or even the identity of the developers.

There is a fundamental problem with this market but I am confident it will recover eventually. As more people begin to demand honesty, integrity, and quality we will see a rise in the select handful of worthy cryptocurrencies. I truly believe that VTC and MON are first-class currencies that are simply suffering from a lack of hype. The launch of MON was possibly the most fair I have ever been a part of and distribution is amazingly wide considering how deflated the value and interest remains. Fortunately, the PoW network remains strong and steady due to the merge-mining - MON isn't going anywhere.

My future plans for Murraycoin will involve more of a focus on educating and informing people new to cryptocurrency; we need to begin weeding out the trash and simplifying the concepts and we all need to work together to make it happen. If people start demanding quality we will start getting quality. We have this extreme disconnect where everybody is out there throwing their money around haphazardly instead of doing research - when they eventually lose everything, they often never come back. The barrier of entry into this world remains too great for the average person - we need to lower or eliminate that barrier. Finally, investors and members of the community need to quit complaining, quit focusing on a change to the PoW algorithms, quit worrying about daily updates and panicking when they don't come - they need to start contributing. Just buying a coin isn't enough - if you have skills and can contribute then, by all means, contribute! Build an app or fire up an open source project, no matter how simple, that gives Monocle another use. Instead of spreading panic when prices dwindle (which only contributes to more panic and downward momentum) start spreading the word! Grass roots marketing is huge in cryptocurrency! People are spreading their money across a dozen or more random altcoins and, as a result, they don't really have their heart in any of them. Pick a few you like with great devs and start focusing on helping to build exposure and build the community. Everybody has something they can do to contribute - this is one of the rare markets where everybody invested can do something to help grow the value of their investment.

There is this strange phenomena that exists in this market where everybody feels entitled just for buying a few coins. We need to work together and build up these quality coins together. A development team of one or two people, with limited resources, can only do so much. People underestimate the commitment it takes to be a good dev - dozens of PMs daily, constant updates, continued innovation, dealing with the fear and panic if deadlines are missed - it is a lot of work with a minimal reward. We need to move the marketing beyond this forum - there is so much noise here. Competition, distraction, negativity - it's a wasteland of altcoins. Yes there is an audience here but this isn't the place to market a coin any longer - after the first 2 weeks nobody cares - it's old news; most people here are just looking to get in early on the next big pump-and-dump.

This dev is great but he cannot do everything - this community needs to come together and start getting organized. Quit sweating the small stuff and start doing your part to secure the future of your investment.

Just my 2 MON  Wink

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:49:27 AM

what a great post. I almost wish I used cryptsy so I could buy some murray.

I personally bought MON from 35000 right on down to 1000. The 222 price right now is definitely shocking but I do have every confidence in the dev team's ability to deliver interesting things. Even if the price doesn't reflect it, I still think it's true.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:29:28 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 01:44:46 PM by CryptoLogo

This is just one of those stretches where everything is taking a hit. The new money coming into the altcoin economy quickly flows back out via the "grift of the week." Last week it was Urocoin (a few fraudulent documents NOPE, a bad Photoshop job YEP, and "Uro" in the name which literally means "Urine")NOPE.
I agree this is people main fear with URO the sucking out funds from other players. However when the other players are coins that mean nothing it hardly tugs at the heart strings. Im talking about the new coins not the ones with a history with continuing active developers.
However those older coins haven't seen action aplenty since well before URO and still wouldn't if URO hadn't existed.
Its not the right time. When it is the coins with purpose and promise of support in dev and community will do well.
URO is the most hated coin right now because a/ people love using the word scam b/ people are shitty they weren't on this coin.
URO had one of the most promising unique ANN there has been. Crypto being a speculative market I can't believe people threw money into coins like Razor Glyph or other coins with either a proven shoddy dev team or no plan at all.

Like people say do your own research. I know people that have done 60+ hours on this and are closer to the truth than just copy and pasting the word scam out of bitterness.

I don't know if it is a scam or not. I do know how to trade and make BTC of any coin market thats moving in high volume. My profits will eventually end up in all the successful coins. I hope that is Vertcoin again one day. People praise the devs and community and that is something great to be associated with in a landscape of abandonment and pitchfork wielding mobs

cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 01:26:12 PM

can you guys take over parallax coin? or maybe we can get the simplevert guys to take it over and provide some updates/wallet hosting? seems like somebody needs to do something or triple merged mining will soon be only double merged mining...

It would be pity for triple merged mining to end. Let's bring it up.  I can provide the hosting for the wallets and updates.  Who can supply me the wallets?

silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:47:26 PM

MON Rich List ?

When?
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:53:05 PM

Just bought everything up to 0.00000975. Damned miners won't give a chance to anyone. Already 500 sat. again. I don't understand who can be happy selling 20 MON for 500 sat. Seriously, can't understand.
cubevtc

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 07:25:15 AM

Just bought everything up to 0.00000975. Damned miners won't give a chance to anyone. Already 500 sat. again. I don't understand who can be happy selling 20 MON for 500 sat. Seriously, can't understand.

With Vertcoin going to use new algo, the Lyra2 and essentially becoming a new coin Vertcoin 2.0, Monocle may be revived.  Monocle would be used as a testbed for Vertcoin 2.0 and would be the first coin to benefit from the new algo.  Already, I am seeing some buying/accumulation activities.

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:44:38 AM

With Vertcoin going to use new algo, the Lyra2 and essentially becoming a new coin Vertcoin 2.0, Monocle may be revived.  Monocle would be used as a testbed for Vertcoin 2.0 and would be the first coin to benefit from the new algo.  Already, I am seeing some buying/accumulation activities.

Why VTC is going to use new algo? Any ASICs released? I am not sure coin can get benefits in price from algo change, once new algo appearing this coin will be lost in a myriads of new scam/shit coins in a month.
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:46:39 AM

I suspect major MON supply already bagholded or bought at this ridiculous price. I have 10K of MON and it's enough for me. The one and only chance to survive is to unmerge MON from VTC and stop this dumping by pools. The difficulty must be adjusted indeed to prevent instamine and don't stop network.

What Boris think about unmerging?
cubevtc

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:45:09 AM

Why VTC is going to use new algo? Any ASICs released? I am not sure coin can get benefits in price from algo change, once new algo appearing this coin will be lost in a myriads of new scam/shit coins in a month.

As far as I know there is no ASIC released yet. But increasing there are established ASIC manufacturers claiming to be releasing nscrypt ASICs soon and getting pre-orders.  I suppose the Dev team believe it enough to want to develop Lyra2 as the replacement algo.  Monocles have always been established as a testbed for Vertcoin's new features/ new technologies. There is a good chance that Monocles will benefit FIRST from this change to Vertcoin 2.0/Lyra2.

cubevtc

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:51:11 AM

I suspect major MON supply already bagholded or bought at this ridiculous price. I have 10K of MON and it's enough for me. The one and only chance to survive is to unmerge MON from VTC and stop this dumping by pools. The difficulty must be adjusted indeed to prevent instamine and don't stop network.

I believe you are right about there being existing bagholders for MON.  But there are always the opportunistic traders/short-term investors who want to make a fast buck.  This may be a good opportunity because Monocles will be the FIRST to be tested with LYRA2 - the new algo.  Who does not like new algos and new shiny coins?  I see unusual accumulation/buying activities in polo exchange.

Monocles have been gaining recognition due to its association with Vertcoin.  Monocle is still too new to be on its own.  I think Monocle will continue to shine with Vertcoin as its backer.

xgtele

Activity: 288

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:54:38 AM

I believe you are right about there being existing bagholders for MON.  But there are always the opportunistic traders/short-term investors who want to make a fast buck.  This may be a good opportunity because Monocles will be the FIRST to be tested with LYRA2 - the new algo.  Who does not like new algos and new shiny coins?  I see unusual accumulation/buying activities in polo exchange.

Monocles have been gaining recognition due to its association with Vertcoin.  Monocle is still too new to be on its own.  I think Monocle will continue to shine with Vertcoin as its backer.

So, with Lyra2 new algo what will happen for both coins? Hardfork?
cubevtc

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:42:07 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 11:53:14 AM by cubevtc

I believe you are right about there being existing bagholders for MON.  But there are always the opportunistic traders/short-term investors who want to make a fast buck.  This may be a good opportunity because Monocles will be the FIRST to be tested with LYRA2 - the new algo.  Who does not like new algos and new shiny coins?  I see unusual accumulation/buying activities in polo exchange.

Monocles have been gaining recognition due to its association with Vertcoin.  Monocle is still too new to be on its own.  I think Monocle will continue to shine with Vertcoin as its backer.

So, with Lyra2 new algo what will happen for both coins? Hardfork?

There would be a transition phase :  nscrypt ->  nscrypt + lyra2 -> lyra2.  The idea is to minimise the change impact on existing miners.

S_tring

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:41:47 PM

I'm currently accumulating another few thousand MON, and a few hundred VTC too. While the prices are disappointing, I not only have confidence in the coins but I have an affinity with them that I just can't shake!

When is the release date for Lyra2? I assume all coins in cold storage will be unaffected?

Brilliance

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:28:20 PM

I've been mining, buying and holding MON since the start and it has to be one of the most undervalued coins on the market considering the specs. Somehow the developers dropped the ball when it comes to presenting the coin during launch. This coin could have been launched with a bigger fanfare for sure. Now many think of it as purely a test coin for new features destined for VTC. Would this be one reason for low buy support and many miners not interested in merge mining both coins?

Maybe the devs have some great plans to highlight Monocle as it's own coin with superior qualities to most other altcoins? Would be great!  Grin Not every single new feature has to make it to Vertcoin, right?  Wink

But the website graphics just has to go... the site doesn't reflect the standard of the coin. Apologies if I hurt someones feelings.
cubevtc

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 11:18:26 AM

I'm currently accumulating another few thousand MON, and a few hundred VTC too. While the prices are disappointing, I not only have confidence in the coins but I have an affinity with them that I just can't shake!

When is the release date for Lyra2? I assume all coins in cold storage will be unaffected?

Target release for Lyra2 is Nov 2014 but dev said it could be earlier.  All existing coins not affected.  Lyra2 is a big project for the dev team.  We shall see.  The accumulation seems to be picking up speed.

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: