Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:04:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner  (Read 209241 times)
dentro

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:30:09 AM

how can i reboot my miner with that tool when my hash limit is triggered? Can i only force reboots because of my xcount trigger?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
la7eralus

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:01:43 AM

Any chance of seeing MobileMiner integration?  Currently I have to use MultiMiner to be able to remotely monitor the status of my Antminers, and with this being specifically tailored for the Antminer - and Multiminers remote control/status checking abilities - It seems like the next logical step!
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:54:13 AM

how can i reboot my miner with that tool when my hash limit is triggered? Can i only force reboots because of my xcount trigger?

Reboots are only triggerable by xcount at the moment.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:54:37 AM

Any chance of seeing MobileMiner integration?  Currently I have to use MultiMiner to be able to remotely monitor the status of my Antminers, and with this being specifically tailored for the Antminer - and Multiminers remote control/status checking abilities - It seems like the next logical step!

Can you give me some details on MobileMiner?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
shadow2

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:26:33 PM

best place to start I guess would be their api part.  http://www.mobileminerapp.com/#api

I've got it combined with mutilminer and it seems that all I can do is detect the antminers on the network but can't do much more than the basic hash rate, pool, whether active or not and a temperature as multiminer is accesing them through the "standard" no changes allowed cgminer API

ah no to get remoting you have to turn on perks and give the writer of mutiminer 1% of your hashrate (in multiminer anyway)
la7eralus

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:55:04 AM

best place to start I guess would be their api part.  http://www.mobileminerapp.com/#api

I've got it combined with mutilminer and it seems that all I can do is detect the antminers on the network but can't do much more than the basic hash rate, pool, whether active or not and a temperature as multiminer is accesing them through the "standard" no changes allowed cgminer API

ah no to get remoting you have to turn on perks and give the writer of mutiminer 1% of your hashrate (in multiminer anyway)

That's correct, some features require donation to unlock.  However, even without the full features the app implementation of real time monitoring and hash rates, as well as temperatures for your miners, is incredibly useful.  Also, the push notifications that pop up when a miner goes down or offline is extremely useful for quick notification of miner statuses.  I guess what I'm saying is even if you choose not to unlock the extra features, which is completely at the miner operators whim, the implementation of passive features to an already existing API would offer a lot of people an extremely convenient solution for remote monitoring, as well as bring more attention to M's awesome program!

Also, if you don't mind my asking, how did you get M's and MM to play nicely together?  Did you use the CGMiner API plugin they offer?  And if so, how did you use/apply it as that was one of the places I got stuck myself when trying to combine the two in my tests.

bitcoin_miner

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:09:41 AM

before I known this thread, I check using web browser.
I'll try for my 2 S1 and 2 S3..
thanks for sharing

grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:21:24 AM

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MAntMonitor.frmMain.HandleAlerts()
   at MAntMonitor.frmMain.RefreshGrid()
   at MAntMonitor.frmMain.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MAntMonitor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/_____/Downloads/MAntMonitor26a/MAntMonitor.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34107 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 6.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 6.0.1.17001
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/______/Downloads/MAntMonitor26a/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:39:39 AM

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MAntMonitor.frmMain.HandleAlerts()

It's having a problem in the HandleAlerts routine, which is what is called everytime it's done scanning your Ants.  How do you have it configured?  Any alerts?  Web or API?  Did you upgrade from a prior version, or brand new install?

M

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:21:43 PM

Sounds good, please keep us informed because for people with hosted Ants, the webui will be a godsend.

Also, I made an edit to my above reply about ports.

Web scraping uses the normal http.  It renders the page internally and then extracts the necessary data and shows it on the screen.

Generally if you can get to it through a web browser on port 80, it should work.

M
Well like I said, my situations probably a little more unique than others since mine are hosted off the home network with IP's as described before.

1.2.3.4:5676
1.2.3.4:5677
1.2.3.4:5678
1.2.3.4:5679

I just would rally love to get this program working so I don't need to keep four tabs open all the time.

If you can get his working for me and others with situations as mine, I'll tip some BTC your way, and I dont mean a measly 0.01 either.

I missed the fact the ports are different than the standard port 80.  That should be fixable.

M
This might also be why I'm having trouble getting in to them via putty to OC.

Not sure how to try and configure putty... basically been doing this.

1.2.3.4:5676 for the hostname / IP then still using 22 in the port box.

As for this APP, now that we seem to be on the same page, hoping you can help get the webui thing working for me and others like me with systems hosted outside he home with unique ports leading to individual machines on the same IP.
I know it was only yesterday you said this M but any ideas yet ?
I know what to do.  It's a matter of time, which I don't have a lot of right now.

M
You know what, thats better than nothing because it at last tells me I'll be able to use your program soon ;-)
Hey M, I've been thinkin about this but can SSH be used, with your "patch" when it's added, outside the home ?

I think that would offer cleaner operation then web scraping. Especially for say reboots or something.

To be decided...
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:18:30 PM

I think that would offer cleaner operation then web scraping. Especially for say reboots or something.

My app only uses SSH for reboots and mass loads of pool info.  The rest is standard TCP/IP communication on the cgminer API port. 

Using the API is much more straightforward than webscraping.

However, for my app to use the API "remotely", the target system either has to think it's the local network accessing it, or the target system has to have the cgminer customized to allow the source IP.  When I saw the "local network accessing it", I believe the term is same "subnet", so the target machine (internally) could be on 192.168.0.x, and the source machine would be on 192.168.0.y.  I don't believe 192.168.1.y wouldn't pass the default setup for cgminer's API rules.

Furthermore, the SSH and cgminer API ports would have be traverseable across whatever connection you're using.  I'm guessing right now you only have the web port accessible/forwarded.

M

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:33:10 PM

My app only uses SSH for reboots and mass loads of pool info.  The rest is standard TCP/IP communication on the cgminer API port.  

However, for my app to use the API "remotely", the target system either has to think it's the local network accessing it, or the target system has to have the cgminer customized to allow the source IP.  When I saw the "local network accessing it", I believe the term is same "subnet", so the target machine (internally) could be on 192.168.0.x, and the source machine would be on 192.168.0.y.  I don't believe 192.168.1.y wouldn't pass the default setup for cgminer's API rules.

Furthermore, the SSH and cgminer API ports would have be traverseable across whatever connection you're using.  I'm guessing right now you only have the web port accessible/forwarded.

M
How would I check this or do I need to ask my friend hosting them at his business ?

Edit: Basically, what do I need to talk o him about to see if we can API remotely ?

To be decided...
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

My app only uses SSH for reboots and mass loads of pool info.  The rest is standard TCP/IP communication on the cgminer API port.  

However, for my app to use the API "remotely", the target system either has to think it's the local network accessing it, or the target system has to have the cgminer customized to allow the source IP.  When I saw the "local network accessing it", I believe the term is same "subnet", so the target machine (internally) could be on 192.168.0.x, and the source machine would be on 192.168.0.y.  I don't believe 192.168.1.y wouldn't pass the default setup for cgminer's API rules.

Furthermore, the SSH and cgminer API ports would have be traverseable across whatever connection you're using.  I'm guessing right now you only have the web port accessible/forwarded.

M
How would I check this or do I need to ask my friend hosting them at his business ?

Edit: Basically, what do I need to talk o him about to see if we can API remotely ?

If you have port 80 on machine one accessible as port 1, and port 80 machine two accessible as port 2, etc, then you'll need to have port mappings for the web port (80), the SSH port (don't know off hand), and the API port (don't know off hand either).  That's 3 ports per machine.  I can adjust to using an odd port for the web, but using an odd port for SSH and API is probably a bit too much.

I would suggest the "right" way to do this is use a VPN between your system and the target system.  The VPN on the target side will only allow you access to the Ant's IP addresses, but all the ports.  Then you won't have any port forwarding.  Needless to say a VPN is a bit harder to configure than port forwarding.

M

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:20:26 PM

M

If you have port 80 on machine one accessible as port 1, and port 80 machine two accessible as port 2, etc, then you'll need to have port mappings for the web port (80), the SSH port (don't know off hand), and the API port (don't know off hand either).  That's 3 ports per machine.  I can adjust to using an odd port for the web, but using an odd port for SSH and API is probably a bit too much.

I would suggest the "right" way to do this is use a VPN between your system and the target system.  The VPN on the target side will only allow you access to the Ant's IP addresses, but all the ports.  Then you won't have any port forwarding.  Needless to say a VPN is a bit harder to configure than port forwarding.

M
So probably just best to stick to web scraping and see how that works, just gotta gt you to find time to do it heh.

At least as you said you know what to do heh

To be decided...
pumaro

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:27:04 PM

nice program!!

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:37:50 PM

nice program!!

Smiley Thanks.

M

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:47:35 PM

Even nicer if I could sweet talk you in to that "patch" lol

To be decided...
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:20:39 PM

I can't just throw it on there.  I have to think through it, and test it thoroughly.  I also have another change in progress that I need to finish first.  What I need is a few good hours to work on it.

M

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:24:17 PM

I can't just throw it on there.  I have to think through it, and test it thoroughly.  I also have another change in progress that I need to finish first.  What I need is a few good hours to work on it.

M
That's cool, I'm just having fun here anyway heh

May I inquire as to the other change ?

To be decided...
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:03:10 AM

M
That's cool, I'm just having fun here anyway heh

May I inquire as to the other change ?

Fixing the problem with 192.168.1.90 being treated the same as 192.168.0.90.  That's a more significant change.  Yours should be pretty easy, I may reverse the order of them.

M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: