Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner  (Read 209268 times)
kgb2mining

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:32:47 AM

Does anyone know if there's an easier way to upgrade 30-40 S3's?
and has nobody offered to send this M guy a S3 yet? I mean heck, I bet he'd even be willing to pay back the BTC cost of the device once it mines the 0.5 btc or whatever, then he could keep the miner running after that and technically it wouldn't even have cost a cent to hook him up

Not found one yet from the firmware side - although it seems to be a bin file, which means it's probably self-extracting and replaces the kernel and whatever binaries they need.  Might be possible if you could upload the file to somewhere and then trigger whatever function the web UI calls via remote SSH calls.

I hacked together some custom shell scripts to do the most common things to them - reboot one or all, change pool settings, deploy the init.d cgminer to be able to play with queue settings and also deploy different asiq freq settings for the S1's.  Doing mass changes to these gets real painful once you're over 10, and with over 50 of them it's a true nightmare.

And yes, I did offer an S3 to him recently, but he was already about to receive one, and appears to have.  Smiley
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:39:24 AM

Here's version 3.1.  Mostly fixes on the web scraping side, but there are some tweaks for API users.

v3.1
- Changed the frequency display to show the decimal value instead of rounding.
- Changed the S3 JSON fix to also work if it happens to be marked as an S1.
- Hopefully fixed the problem with an error being thrown on the display grid if you're not using the API.
- Added difficulty (from all 3 pools), reject%, and stale% to the Web scraping routine.
- Changed the Stale % for the API to be calculated, as the value from the API seems to always be zero.
- Changed the log for Web "ant responded" to show the short Ant name instead of the full URL.
- Hopefully changed the log to properly autoscroll to the end of the log so you don't have to.
- Fixed a potential problem that could cause alerts not to trigger when using the Web scraping routines.

Download link: MAntMonitor31.zip

M
Ok, so I get alert popups now. Still no highlighting, stale shows 0. Not sure if thatcs good or a glitch lol.

-- Highlighting actually does work but only if have the H figure shown. Can we maybe have the highlight apply to the normal dual figure *like temp) field if the H figure it set to not show ?

ACount is 1 on two of four machines, not sure what ACount is.

Name of the devices still show as S3:1.2.3.4:5678/cgi-bin/etc. etc. etc.

I assume it should just be S3:1.2.3.4:5678, doesn't make sense to have all the other trailing stuff.

The auto scroll to the bottom of the log also works BTW, so thumbs up there.

Lastly... same as before. When the app is exited, all devices but one get erased ;-/

Edit: Whats the UUU in pools mean ?

To be decided...
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:11:02 AM

Here's version 3.1.  Mostly fixes on the web scraping side, but there are some tweaks for API users.

v3.1
- Hopefully fixed the problem with an error being thrown on the display grid if you're not using the API.
- Added difficulty (from all 3 pools), reject%, and stale% to the Web scraping routine.
- Changed the Stale % for the API to be calculated, as the value from the API seems to always be zero.
- Changed the log for Web "ant responded" to show the short Ant name instead of the full URL.
- Hopefully changed the log to properly autoscroll to the end of the log so you don't have to.
- Fixed a potential problem that could cause alerts not to trigger when using the Web scraping routines.

M
Whats the UUU in pools mean ?

I believe the UUU represent the three pools you have set up, either they are UP, or DEAD
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:11:43 AM

v3.1

M
Whats the UUU in pools mean ?

I believe the UUU represent the three pools you have set up, either they are UP, or DEAD
That's what I was thinking but figured I'd still ask.

To be decided...
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:19:07 AM

Ok, so I get alert popups now. Still no highlighting, stale shows 0. Not sure if thatcs good or a glitch lol.

-- Highlighting actually does work but only if have the H figure shown. Can we maybe have the highlight apply to the normal dual figure *like temp) field if the H figure it set to not show ?

I assume it should just be S3:1.2.3.4:5678, doesn't make sense to have all the other trailing stuff.

Lastly... same as before. When the app is exited, all devices but one get erased ;-/

I don't get the name thing.  It shows up properly for me.  Where are you seeing it?

Saving isn't working yet when you have the same IP for everything.

As for the column names, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596178.msg6548589#msg6548589

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:34:59 AM

Any word on the new antminer s3 firmware working with this software?

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:17:54 AM

Any word on the new antminer s3 firmware working with this software?

It works.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

I don't get the name thing.  It shows up properly for me.  Where are you seeing it?

Saving isn't working yet when you have the same IP for everything.

As for the column names, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596178.msg6548589#msg6548589

M
On the main "page" where all the stats are seen.

Maybe it's a web scraping thing but it shows the full link crap.

To be decided...
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:12:24 PM

Really useful program for monitoring my S1. One problem I'm having though, when I try to save my configuration, I get an unhandled exception error, and it doesn't save. Does anyone have any ideas on fixing this issue?
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:59:49 PM

Really useful program for monitoring my S1. One problem I'm having though, when I try to save my configuration, I get an unhandled exception error, and it doesn't save. Does anyone have any ideas on fixing this issue?

Can you post the top part of the error?

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:01:38 PM

Maybe it's a web scraping thing but it shows the full link crap.

I don't get it.  It works properly for me.  Can you PM me a screen shot?

M

guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:47:27 PM

M
Here's the error I received in detail:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MAntMonitor.ControlsByRegistry.SetRegKeyByControl(CheckedListBox& chkLstAny)
   at MAntMonitor.frmMain.cmdSaveConfig_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MAntMonitor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/XXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/MAntMonitor.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34108 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 6.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 6.0.4.17603
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/XXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Sorry for the long amounts of text, there doesn't seem to be a spoiler button on the forum.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:03:15 AM

M

I might have broken something.  I'll have to test this.

Have you used this before?  Or is this your first time?

M

spiceminer15

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:06:01 AM

are you open to constructive criticism from a software architect?
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:29:43 AM

are you open to constructive criticism from a software architect?

Of course. 

Keep in mind I threw this together in my spare time.  It started out as a quick way for me to monitor my ants.  It was originally designed for web scraping.  Once I learned the API was available, it was added.  It's not like this was designed from scratch to be as it is .. that's why it's at v3.1.

M

spiceminer15

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:10:11 AM

I understand, its very useful app. I'm having a lot of usability problems.

a couple things off the top of my head.

can you make each query for data from the ants run in its own thread, or in newer versions if .net a worker process makes multithreading easy. This would stop the UI from being froze. Waiting for data to come back and or breaking the UI when a ant fails to respond.

also saving data in the registry could be much better if you serialized the data objects into json or XML and asaved on disk. You could transfer the config file to other machines and if you don't want people messing with it you can binaryserialize it.

overall the app I'd a great idea and I like using it. I'm typing this from my phone so excuse the typos and stuff
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:25:49 AM

can you make each query for data from the ants run in its own thread, or in newer versions if .net a worker process makes multithreading easy. This would stop the UI from being froze. Waiting for data to come back and or breaking the UI when a ant fails to respond.

also saving data in the registry could be much better if you serialized the data objects into json or XML and asaved on disk. You could transfer the config file to other machines and if you don't want people messing with it you can binaryserialize it.

overall the app I'd a great idea and I like using it. I'm typing this from my phone so excuse the typos and stuff

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm familiar with multithreading and the advantages it adds.  And the complexity it adds.  (I have been programming on the side for 20 years now..)

There shouldn't be too much of a UI being frozen problem for normal API calls.  If an Ant doesn't respond, it should timeout fairly quickly.  I set the timeout lower purposely for that reason.  Also, you shouldn't regularly have Ants not responding.  That's an exception case, I don't see too much reason to put too much effort into that.

The "scanning" piece is awful, and will make the UI virtually unusable until it's finished.  I've never revisited that code since the original design.  It could be much better.  But I figure it's a one time deal for most people, and you can always enter your Ant info manually if you need to.

I use the registry for a two reasons:

1 - it's easy to do
2 - it's easy to view/edit outside of the app

If you're familiar with the registry, it's easy to export it and import it to another machine.

That said, I never considered multithreading anything, or using anything other than the registry for storing the config.

Thanks again for the input.

M

guitarplinker
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 02:19:17 AM

M

I might have broken something.  I'll have to test this.

Have you used this before?  Or is this your first time?

M
This is my first time using this program.
spiceminer15

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:51:12 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm familiar with multithreading and the advantages it adds.  And the complexity it adds.  (I have been programming on the side for 20 years now..)

There shouldn't be too much of a UI being frozen problem for normal API calls.  If an Ant doesn't respond, it should timeout fairly quickly.  I set the timeout lower purposely for that reason.  Also, you shouldn't regularly have Ants not responding.  That's an exception case, I don't see too much reason to put too much effort into that.

The "scanning" piece is awful, and will make the UI virtually unusable until it's finished.  I've never revisited that code since the original design.  It could be much better.  But I figure it's a one time deal for most people, and you can always enter your Ant info manually if you need to.

I use the registry for a two reasons:

1 - it's easy to do
2 - it's easy to view/edit outside of the app

If you're familiar with the registry, it's easy to export it and import it to another machine.

That said, I never considered multithreading anything, or using anything other than the registry for storing the config.

Thanks again for the input.

M

opening a file in notepad is easier than using regedit and finding the right registry entries. A lot if the time when a ant fails to respond it hangs the UI, I can't remove it from the config screen.

also when the ant fails to respond it has an uncaught exception, I can hit continue and it'll keep running until the next uncaught exception.

you can add something to catch all exceptions at the application level, so you won't have any uncaught exceptions that crash the app.
spiceminer15

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:03:36 AM

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MAntMonitor.frmMain.HandleAlerts()
   at MAntMonitor.frmMain.RefreshGrid()
   at MAntMonitor.frmMain.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
MAntMonitor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jbdevu/Desktop/antmonitor/MAntMonitor.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: