Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coin-swap

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:13:17 PM

BC is listed at Coin-Swap.net

Markets
BC/BTC

Join our IRC channel
#coin-swap

Registration
Register

Support
Contact

Deposits
Confirmations are currently set to 10. You can watch the status of your deposit from your Deposit page.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackHaze

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:40:32 PM

Important news:

BlackHalo is listed as an exhibitor for the a North American Bitcoin Conference this July 19th/20th

BlackHalo Beta released, BlackHalo & NightTrader Homepages:

http://up.picr.de/18741362kz.png  http://up.picr.de/18741363zv.png

Step-by-Step guide by user buy-black[/b][/size]

Major announcement regarding the first BlackCoin-centric Exchange - Beta going live soon

https://i.imgur.com/G5GiwC9.png

Short listing for newcomers and potential investors about completed and upcoming projects:
click the links!
More detailed listing can be found @ Reddit: BlackCoin Projects Overview

recent articles featuring BlackCoin:

WE NEED YOUR HELP:

DESIGNERS NEEDED!
Announcing Project Gotham

Hey folks! Mckie here, with some awesome news. It's time to take the first curtain off of our secret project, Project Gotham. We are currently seeking a extremely talented graphic designer to help with our implementation/vision. Not much detail can be given at the moment. But, more information will be included in the FollowTheCoin article, as well as the Reddit post if you are interested in applying. We are trying to reach outside of the BLK community as well, so if anyone knows any talented web graphic designers please let us know my PMing myself, Maarx, or King Schultz.

Reddit Post: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/27ed7g/announcing_project_gotham_a_huge_initiative_to/
McKie

+ lots of more stuff, check the following links:

BlackCoin Subreddit

http://blackcoindirectory.com

http://www.dailyblackcoin.com/

http://www.blkfoundation.org/

Official Wallets:

http://www.blackcoin.co/

Some stats at:

http://bitinfocharts.com/blackcoin/

https://i.imgur.com/gXmVgEo.jpg

BE A LEADER

and remember: Always bet on Black!
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:48:52 PM

Bryce Weiner has pics on twitter
https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
McKie

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:53:31 PM

Bryce Weiner has pics on twitter
https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner

Yep. Be sure to retweet anything you see!

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:55:21 PM

Any incoming good news or events? I am a bagholder now Cry

Biggest having REAL impact on economy will be BC centralized exchange new sort of TRUE demand.
Black coin show in Chicago conference maybe some big  BTC people will invest into BC who knows
Or help us develop stuff.

As you see PnD squads are left BC after whole mess with twitter pumpers like
Wizz IconicExpert… (and any other early investors who just cashed out left )
 people who follow them they just pump and dump coins and jump to another.

While facts are good for us.
On IRC everyday is 220 -250 people… so we are live.
1  We are best stacking coins POS network…
http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/nodes-bc.html
2 Good developers who works when coin is falling or rising.
3 Community who is with BC from day 1 and some new people are coming too.
But those who are joining are seeing BC potential they are not for PnD.

PS: i believe next PnD will be RDD or Voot if you think in short therm. play.
RDD look like that one who can dump VRC and is rollback free.

Main problem is that most investors moved to XC long ago because reasons...

+1 I have some BC picked up recently, but XC is way more exciting in terms of development schedule, plus the team they have is incredible..

Having said that I do think BC is a silly price at the moment which is why I bought a few... It is a serious coin without a doubt.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Subtuppel

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:58:12 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 09:16:57 PM by Subtuppel

Main problem is that most investors moved to XC long ago because reasons...
The number of XC nodes tells a different story.
Or it is the same as with VRC: Everybody got them on exchanges since it is pure speculation and no one is long term.

+1 I have some BC picked up recently, but XC is way more exciting in terms of development schedule, plus the team they have is incredible..

Having said that I do think BC is a silly price at the moment which is why I bought a few... It is a serious coin without a doubt.
Do you have the slightest idea how many people are working on BC and projects around it?
You should not judge it by this forum only since 90% of the community don't use it at all.

Regarding the schedule: If you want to create pumps and dumps, that is a good thing. Fortunately all developers involved in BC want to prevent that from happening, that is why you will rarely see ETAs and the usual P&D action around such dates.

If you want to continue to promote XC it would be a good idea if you did that in the according forum, by the way Wink

xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:29:28 PM

Those sells on mp...  Huh

An idiot dumped 24 BTC worths of BC in a single shot, the price crashed hard

I hope BC will recover soon, otherwise we'll have too many bagholders Sad

Subtuppel

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:39:20 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 10:19:45 PM by Subtuppel

Those sells on mp...  Huh

An idiot dumped 24 BTC worths of BC in a single shot, the price crashed hard

I hope BC will recover soon, otherwise we'll have too many bagholders Sad
smart buyers let the people who want or need to sell bleed (i am not daytrading at all but i had some orders filled myself in ranges where i never believed the price would go back to), and some bot does all the work and trades the price down a little bit every day (on MP and cryptsy).
As long as there is no real buy pressure but still people left who are willing or forced to sell at these levels it won't change much.
16100 is too low though, price cannot be held down to that for more than moments even with all manipulation that goes on.

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

Regarding the schedule: If you want to create pumps and dumps, that is a good thing. Fortunately all developers involved in BC want to prevent that from happening, that is why you will rarely see ETAs and the usual P&D action around such dates.

No ETA just add stuff is great for people who want invest in real.
Better is to not have ETA butt deliver and bouild who are smart will buy good coin who are dump...

Will go on bitterx seek new starts they are rising every day 2-3 new... +100%:D every days -99% too anyway action is there.

Once i learn to use adobe after effects i will make some good propaganda videos what was delivered Cheesy...
and what will be.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 10:04:54 PM

Looks like someone or some people was happy with our presence at the Bitcoin conference!  Grin

#1 in Volume on MintPal with only -2% right now.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Subtuppel

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:14:59 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 10:40:09 PM by Subtuppel

[...]

[...]

I disagree 100% with this mentality. It's entirely wrong. Not having a transparent development model (public and up to date roadmap with milestones, public bug tracker, public code commits, decent communication with the community of investors), apart from being a kind of mentality of 1980, makes it possible to play games with inside information, which IMO is exactly what is happening in case of BC. P&Ds happen because some traders exploit the surprise. If development was transparent, such surprises would be very limited and thus p&d action could be limited to minimum.

BC does not have fully transparent development and games are most obviously are being played behind the scenes. Nevertheless, it has a good dev team and it's a serious coin.

Well, the coin core development is 100% transparent, you can see every little step with commit and comments on github, you can ask rat4 any questions you want... How do you think there can be more than 60 BC clones so far (not counting those who deleted the git history)?

And there are lots of people developing completely independet and private projects but for the community (Open source as well as (for the initial period) closed). They can give ETAs but why and how on earth would you force them? i know that many do that in addition to their "real world job" and would not even know when they can be done with the project, yet the projects themselves are announced with a lot of detail, e.g. BC Exchange, blackwavelabs...

There are also people just caring for connections to merchants, mining companies, payment processing companies like Coinkite... how would you give an ETA for such things and why would you announce something before any deal or cooperation is "real"?

The reason why other coins can give ETAs for every little shit is that not a single person aside the core devs does anything at all. The so called "investors" sit back and play the pump and dump game as soon as something is announced.

Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:16:12 PM

Hey I am trying to update my mac wallet. When I start it it tells me the following:
Error listening for incoming connections failed (listen returned error 1)
Failed to listen to any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this.
i guess I need a conf file? anyone got one for Mac? or any advice how i sholud proceed?
Thank you
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:24:56 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 10:43:26 PM by XbladeX

I disagree 100% with this mentality. It's entirely wrong. Not having a transparent development model (public and up to date roadmap with milestones, public bug tracker, public code commits, decent communication with the community of investors), apart from being a kind of mentality of 1980, makes it possible to play games with inside information, which IMO is exactly what is happening in case of BC. P&Ds happen because some traders exploit the surprise. If development was transparent, such surprises would be very limited and thus p&d action could be limited to minimum.

BC does not have fully transparent development and games are most obviously are being played behind the scenes. Nevertheless, it has a good dev team and it's a serious coin.

Here we go... so XC core code 1commit noone is working source code... or is closed source
https://github.com/atcsecure/X11COIN

Now BC (3330 commits - code updates... this are thousands of lines of code) :
https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/commits/master

REAL CODE DEVELOPMENT is transparent.

Side developers:
Rat4 - core developer he have OWN vision ( believe me he have own road for BC in head )
David Zimback he work on he own he delivers when he delivers it takes time but stuff is outstanding...
Black wave labs they work on their own too...
Maarx works on his own too..

Foundation... as i see mostly represents BC outside but also helps developers when need
it goes sometimes better sometimes bad... but they are trying to do it.
Articles coordination when needed works.

BC is place where something like that ROAD map doesn't exist BC is growing on their own none in real is true boss here.
Foundation as far i see is trying represent BC and helping developers (like David when some back up is needed like news ext...).

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
sillybear

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:30:09 PM

Hey I am trying to update my mac wallet. When I start it it tells me the following:
Error listening for incoming connections failed (listen returned error 1)
Failed to listen to any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this.
i guess I need a conf file? anyone got one for Mac? or any advice how i sholud proceed?
Thank you

you need to close your old wallet first
BlackIsBack

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:50:55 PM

Please update your wallet to version 1.1.0.1. PoS 2.0 hardfork is imminent!!!

Subtuppel

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:03:44 PM

[...]

[...]

Well, the coin core development is 100% transparent, you can see every little step with commit and comments on github, you can ask rat4 any questions you want... How do you think there can be more than 60 BC clones so far (not counting those who deleted the git history)?

BC development is not fully transparent, otherwise we would have an idea about what the devs and marketers are working on and what the estimated due date of every feature/event would be. I cannot see anything like that.

Instead, what I see is work behind closed doors, price being manipulated constantly by bots, skeptical investors... And then suddenly, there goes the announcement, everybody taken by surprise, those in the know target emotion and take the money. The current development model makes it possible to manipulate the market with inside information. When there are closed door, there is inside information. And when there is inside information, there will always be the element of surprise, which can be exploited pretty badly.

Well, you obviously decided that you don't want to understand what we are saying.

One more try, very brief:
The only OFFICIAL BC THING is the development/improvent of the PoS protocol, first PoS 2.0 (read the whitepaper, you will be surprised, it actually contains information...) and in the future the decentralization of checkpoints.
EVERYTHING ELSE is made by community members on their own for the community, some times backed with some funds by the "foundation" that does more marketing than anything else. They usually announce WHAT they are doing, just not WHEN it will be done. I do not see any problem there, seriously. It simply does not matter if you plan to hold the coin long term.

But you want to know a date when you can/should buy, and a date when you can sell with maximum profit if everything goes the usual altcoin path, and that's basically the persons we do not need and, more important, do not want as "investors".
Just look at desasters like the coinkite go live date and you will know what i mean. Perfectly executed P&D because there was a date where people expected something to happen, and it actually did happen: they have all been fucked by a P&D group if they bought that day.

maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:18:41 PM

Well, you obviously decided that you don't want to understand what we are saying.

The only OFFICIAL BC THING is the development/improvent of the PoS protocol, first PoS 2.0 (read the whitepaper, you will be surprised, it actually contains information...) and in the future the decentralization of checkpoints.
EVERYTHING ELSE is made by community members on their own for the community, some times backed with some funds by the "foundation" that does more marketing than anything else. They usually announce WHAT they are doing, just not WHEN it will be done. I do not see any problem there, seriously. It simply does not matter if you plan to hold the coin long term.

But you want to know a date when you can/should buy, and a date when you can sell with maximum profit if everything goes the usual altcoin path, and that's basically the persons we do not need and, more important, do not want as "investors".
Just look at desaster like the coinkite go live date and you will know what i mean. Perfectly executed P&D because there was a date where people expected something to happen, and it actually did happen: they have all been fucked by a P&D group if they bought that day.

I understood you. What I'm trying to say is:

1) There is a known estimated ETA => Everybody knows what's going on. They want to pump, they pump. They want to dump, they dump. No problem.
2) There is no estimated ETA => Those in the know take the others by surprise and win.

It's quite obvious which can cause the most trouble.

Smiley

Yeah.. but what if there is no ETA? I've been working on something for example.. and I kinda don't have an ETA,.. Even tho I told many people I'd be ready like last week :p

maybe im old skool but I think nothing should really pump the price :p I mean why would Coinkite release pump price.. that's just plain ridiculous :p (but it did)... There's not much going on behind the scenes imo.. maybe other people like me who work in background.. who don't provide eta.. I dont think u can get all that information out to everyone.. e.g. I will share what I'm doing with whoever I want to Tongue but I dont think anyone should pump based on what I'm doing or when I release... They can pump if they want to.. but the time to buy is now.. thats investing I guess.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Subtuppel

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:20:50 PM

Just look at desaster like the coinkite go live date and you will know what i mean. Perfectly executed P&D because there was a date where people expected something to happen, and it actually did happen: they have all been fucked by a P&D group if they bought that day.

1) There is a known estimated ETA => Everybody knows what's going on. They want to pump, they pump. They want to dump, they dump. No problem.
2) There is no estimated ETA => Those in the know take the others by surprise and win.

Smiley

Well yeah. But you will see that that does only work when a coin has basically centralized development. Imagine someone would demand ETAs on everything that is done _around_ BTC. Of course this is way smaller, but it works a bit like that. People are interested in BC and they chose to use their skills and energy to improve the infrastructure around the coin, but they are no "bureaucrats". And to be honest, no one can know if any of these developments makes any impact, be it instant or long term.
The latests BC announcements caused hardly any movement. I doubt one can say that anyone who knew (earlier) about the release dates of e.g. PoS 2.0 wallet or BlackHalo or any of the other things could have made any profit by using that info.

For now, good night Smiley
Hopefully we see some price movement from the "Chicago thing" - that has been announced early, had a fixed date and gives live updates Cheesy

maarx

cloverdex.io

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:44:28 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 07:19:20 AM by maarx

Smiley

Yeah.. but what if there is no ETA? I've been working on something for example.. and I kinda don't have an ETA,.. Even tho I told many people I'd be ready like last week :p

maybe im old skool but I think nothing should really pump the price :p I mean why would Coinkite release pump price.. that's just plain ridiculous :p (but it did)... There's not much going on behind the scenes imo.. maybe other people like me who work in background.. who don't provide eta.. I dont think u can get all that information out to everyone.. e.g. I will share what I'm doing with whoever I want to Tongue but I dont think anyone should pump based on what I'm doing or when I release... They can pump if they want to.. but the time to buy is now.. thats investing I guess.

Sorry I missed your reply. Not really excited with the way you think! :p

There is always an estimated ETA. Moreover, if development and planning were fully transparent, the ETA could be guessed by checking the progress. If the task seemed complete in the public bug tracker or project management software and the code was reviewed and tested, everybody would have an idea about what's going on.

However, I hope you do realize that the price is still pumped, even if things are done in the way you described above. The only difference is that only you and those to which you have disclosed the information know when it happens.

I dont think u can get all that information out to everyone.. e.g. I will share what I'm doing with whoever I want to Tongue

And why not? What exactly are you afraid of? People stealing from you? Even if they steal, what can they possibly do? Create a new coin like BC, copy all services related to BC and take all BC investors? C'mon man! That's ridiculous.

Version control systems keep dates in the history. We can all know who wrote the code first. Cheesy

I will share what I'm doing with whoever I want to Tongue

Well, that's what I'm talking about. Inside information. This is the problem when developing behind closed doors.

If this is not changed, the coin will never get away from the hands of those who manipulate the price. Also, the low price is suitable for their games.

What if I'm building a company - or something like that - that revolves around BC or uses it.. I mean, I share the inside information with those that can help me build what I want.. or those that ask me in the IRC.. I think quite some people know what I'm working on.. I am in a way afraid of the steal, yes.. What if I can get new money into crypto.. and other coins beat me to it?

I do agree on some of your points though.. But I really dont think there is much insider trading going on (there is good news every day, in public domain.. a lot gets relayed in #blackcoinpool IRC).. I just think we pissed of some whales a while ago..

As per our developers.. You can ask any of them what they're doing and they'll tell you..

But perhaps we could use a community reporter who is reporting on what community devs do, and puts it in a place where all can see it..

Edit: btw I'm a community dev (webdev).. not protocol

ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
maarx

cloverdex.io

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:43:55 AM

What if I'm building a company - or something like that - [...]

Sure, inside information is a problem there as well. My suggestion is that, if there is a way to do things more efficiently in crypto, you should seriously consider adopting a better model.

I am in a way afraid of the steal, yes.. What if I can get new money into crypto.. and other coins beat me to it?

You can see it this way: They will steal anyway. So, give it to them and be the boss. If you develop in the open, all will know who coded it first.

But, maybe I am wrong and you are right. Cheesy Thanks for your reply!

Well, maybe I'm wrong and you're right! Tongue

Anyway yeah.. I'm working closed source until I have a beta ready.. After that I release open and continue developing.. or that is the plan :p

ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: