Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
keshuker

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

aka. dibdab

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:37:45 AM

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO SETUP BLACKHALO AND DO A CONTRACT

Thank you buy-black for this excellent guide.

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:46:40 AM

i'm not sure if POS 2.0 is working with the new wallet 1.1.0?

I know why your pray will never be answered!
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:03:22 AM

Yet it will fork BC at 310 000 block to POS 2.0

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:55:59 AM

thanks!!

I thought that after the launch of pos 2.0 and blackhalo, for BC would be a good moment, with a nice price increasing. But it seem still at same point.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:19:20 AM

thanks!!

I thought that after the launch of pos 2.0 and blackhalo, for BC would be a good moment, with a nice price increasing. But it seem still at same point.
nothing is happening at the exchanes at all.... for no coin. Also better when people actually check out what Halo is instead of an instant panic buy and dump on the same day.

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:10:45 AM

thanks!!

nothing is happening at the exchanes at all.... for no coin. Also better when people actually check out what Halo is instead of an instant panic buy and dump on the same day.

I download i started use it and I LOVE IT.

1 - BlackcoinHalo:
- 2 key step verification client yea this ROCK - (with android wallet it will rock more )
- smart contracts

i can wait till David will release rest of his hard work.

When some day drunksound will make front end blackhalo custom wallet with
- blackhalo in his custom wallet. (2 step signatures )
- Blackbit
- Sending BC to eg. Obama@gmail.com
and much more cool random stuff.

Add to that BC oriented exchange i believe in that.

People are looking for good alts after BTC pump so then in reality if you have good coin AND BC is good
in security is mush better than NXT ( BC have that 2 step verification )

Ofcource all coins can create another POS but not many can handle seciurity problems (rat4)
Wow ideas David. Good developer drunksound with his team.

if you look at my post history i was talking that BC in long run = win and that we are making history
and we are making it BC have 90+ clones justice is there when problems accours BC fixed time bomb attack in few hours
and cheap clone with higher peak volume couldn't release new wallet for 2 weeks - here you have difference between original
dedicated dev than just copy one.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
buy-black

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 12:58:32 PM

thanks for the starting guide buy-black!!
Would it be OK for you if i copy that post to a Doc/PDF and upload it to MEGA or whatever to link it as a resource in the reddit proejct listing/BTCTalk new posts?
Will of course link to the original post and not claim ayny credits Smiley
Going to update later today, bit short of time right now.
Yes, I hope it is useful, thanks.

BC + XC + DRK
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:10:46 PM

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO SETUP BLACKHALO AND DO A CONTRACT

I had a chance to play with BlackHalo and did a contract for sending BlackCoin.  It worked perfectly and my BlackHalo wallet address could not be found on the block chain.  I am not expert but sending BC with this wallet appears to be anon!  If this is the case a detailed write up on the anon-send feature should be carefully explained and PR release on this feature alone should be done.
Here is quick summary for those interested in using the BC contracts feature.

First Install BlackHalo

1. Download BlackHalo http://blackhalo.info/  Go to official site and scroll to download link
2. Shut down BlackCoin wallet
3. Unzip Blackhalo.zip anywhere
4. To speed up BlackHalo wallet sync go to .. ...\blackhalo\data\ directory and delete all files
5. Go to BC wallet ...\AppData\Roaming\BlackCoin
6.  Copy all files except wallet.dat
7. Paste these files into ...\blackhalo\data\ directory
8. Double click on Rescan.bat in ..\blackhalo\ directory
5. When finished, the command screen from Rescan.bat disappears.
6. Double click on BlackHalo.exe in a couple of minutes BlackHalo is 100% synched!
Note, if you do not have BlackCoin wallet then you will have to let BlackHalo sync by itself, skip items 4 through 5.  

Second get email for BlackHalo clients to communicate automatically.

Get a new gmail or hotmail account so that BlackHalo can communicate automatically with other people doing the contract.  You will need the email and the password which will be added to BlackHalo.  I used gmail.

Third getting a BlackHalo wallet and activating email.

7. Go back to BlackHalo, it should be syncronized, and click on File > New Wallet
8. Click on save to save your first private key, then click on save again to save your second private key.  You will need both keys to open your wallet so do not loose them, make a backup of them along with your new wallet.dat saved in ...\blackhalo\data\ directory.
9. In a minute you should see a wallet address and in a little longer you should see Balance = 0
10. Click on the "Receive Blackcoins" tab
11. Click on the Add/Change button near the bottom
12. Add your email and then your password.  Your account will be validated automatically, and your email address will now be shown above the Add/Change button.
13. You will need to send some BLK to your wallet so click on the "Copy Adress to Clipboard" and save it somewhere.  
14. Click on File > Exit to shut down the client.  It will not close properly if you click on the x button on the right.
15. Wait a couple of minutes and open BlackCoin Wallet to send some BLK to your BlackHalo.  Used the saved address from step 13.
16. When it shows one confirmation then shut down the BlackCoin wallet.
17. Wait one minute and open BlackHalo
18. In a couple of minutes your BLK will show in the Balance.

Fourth: Doing your first contract.

19. You will need the email from the other person to do the contract.  There will be IRC rooms where you can find people interested but right now this IRC chat room is not working.  Once you agree on the contract price then you can set it up.  
20.  This can be a typical contract:  I am a buyer for a service (graphic design) and found the designer that cost 1000 BC.  We have agreed on the price and that the design will be done in 24 hours, and that each of us will escrow 1000 BC extra until the job is completed and accepted.
20. Click on the "Make an Offer" tab and fill the form:

Send Contact to:  email (xxx@gmail.com)
Amount: 1000
You Deposit: 1000 your escrow
They Deposit: 1000 his escrow
Time to Complete: 36 hours (better give a little extra time)

Before you click on the Send button make sure that you select "I pay this amount (I am the buyer)" from the drop down menu below the Send button, or the seller if you are the seller.

21. Click on the Send button
22. Now the clients will communicate with each other automatically via email.  You can see the current status of your offer under the tab "Pending Offers".  It should say "Sent Offer ... sent offer details awaiting response..."  If you click on it you can see some options to  cancel it, send it again or copy the email.
23. At this point we are waiting for the order to be accepted.  On the other end the details of the offer can be seen in the "Pending Offer" tab.  When they click on the offer the options are to Accept, Counter-Offer, or Delete.
24. When the offer is accepted the transaction will be broadcasted, this may take a little while but when finished this transaction will move from the "Make an Offer" tab to the "Open Contracts".  Now the contract should be listed and say something like Order: cxxxx.....
25. When the contract gets executed and the seller delivers the goods or services he selects the "Open Contracts" tab and click in the open Order: xxxxx.  A window pops up where you have the option to click the Completion Request.  When both have acknowledged that completion has been achieved by clicking on the Completion Request then the transaction is broadcasted as completed.
26.  After some minutes the payment is send and the escrows are returned.  When all the transactions are completed the Open Contract Tab clears automatically and the contract is complete.

Thanks Dave Zimbeck this is an Amazing tool!

This is the link to the video which describes some of these steps:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mpNYCasuGE

thanks for this awesome guide Smiley.

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
hossy

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:51:36 PM

Why are all the altcoins down so much at the moment Angry Angry
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:44:32 PM

Because I wanted to sell off a tiny bit of my holdings so I could buy a nice chair... but now I think I'll be holding off for a day or so.  Angry

Seriously I think it's just from a near total lack of volume in many coins, coupled with holiday weekend (in USA at least) and many alts are down now.  It will likely recover in a few hours, and if not then on Monday when regular volume levels resume.

BTC is strong and really so is BLK/BC when you consider how far down some of the newer 'darlings' of the exchange are getting hammered.

But yeah, it sucks.  Chair I was going to buy would have been ~1.5BTC - but since my portfolio just lost the better part of 4BTC in value with this downturn... I'm stuck waiting for some gains or I'll not be able to enjoy my purchase when I see that waiting a few days would have gotten me a free chair in gains I'd miss out on. Wink

It's the perils of volatility I'm afraid.
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 04:53:49 PM

I didn't sell any either. I found some leftover from my BTC wallet. haha

Altconis are dropping because BTC rose so quickly to $640. We are doing great in terms of volume and keeping % loss to a minimum. We should be doing ok once the altcoin economy picks up again and word gets out about Black Halo.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:55:48 PM

I think it's because BTC rose so quickly to $640. We are doing great in terms of volume and keeping % loss to a minimum. We should be doing ok once the altcoin economy picks up again and word gets out about Black Halo.

there is a lot of fluctuation in prices of btc when  the market  becomes stable and blackcoin will rise soon
buy-black

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 07:24:27 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 10:55:17 PM by buy-black

STEP-BY-STEP (WITH IMAGES) INSTRUCTIONS TO SETUP BLACKHALO AND DO A CONTRACT

I had a chance to play with BlackHalo and did a contract for sending BlackCoin.  It worked perfectly and my BlackHalo wallet address could not be found on the block chain.  I am not expert but sending BC with this wallet appears to be anon!  If this is the case a detailed write up on the anon-send feature should be carefully explained and PR release on this feature alone should be done.
Here is quick summary for those interested in using the BC contracts feature.

First Install BlackHalo

1. Download BlackHalo http://blackhalo.info/  Go to official site and scroll to download link
2. Shut down BlackCoin wallet
3. Unzip Blackhalo.zip anywhere
4. To speed up BlackHalo wallet sync go to .. ...\blackhalo\data\ directory and delete all files
5. Go to BC wallet ...\AppData\Roaming\BlackCoin
6.  Copy all files except wallet.dat
7. Paste these files into ...\blackhalo\data\ directory
8. Double click on Rescan.bat in ..\blackhalo\ directory
5. When finished, the command screen from Rescan.bat disappears.
6. Double click on BlackHalo.exe in a couple of minutes BlackHalo is 100% synched!
Note, if you do not have BlackCoin wallet then you will have to let BlackHalo sync by itself, skip items 4 through 5.  

Second get email for BlackHalo clients to communicate automatically.

Get a new gmail or hotmail account so that BlackHalo can communicate automatically with other people doing the contract.  You will need the email and the password which will be added to BlackHalo.  I used gmail.

Third getting a BlackHalo wallet and activating email.

7. Go back to BlackHalo, it should be syncronized, and click on File > New Wallet
8. Click on save to save your first private key, then click on save again to save your second private key.  You will need both keys to open your wallet so do not loose them, make a backup of them along with your new wallet.dat saved in ...\blackhalo\data\ directory.
9. In a minute you should see a wallet address and in a little longer you should see Balance = 0

10. Click on the "Receive Blackcoins" tab
11. Click on the Add/Change button near the bottom
12. Add your email and then your password.  Your account will be validated automatically, and your email address will now be shown above the Add/Change button.

13. You will need to send some BLK to your wallet so click on the "Copy Adress to Clipboard" and save it somewhere.  
14. Click on File > Exit to shut down the client.  It will not close properly if you click on the x button on the right.
15. Wait a couple of minutes for clients to shut down properly and open BlackCoin Wallet to send some BLK to your BlackHalo.  Used the saved address from step 13.
16. When it shows one confirmation then shut down the BlackCoin wallet.
17. Wait one minute and open BlackHalo
18. In a couple of minutes your BLK will show in the Balance.

Fourth: Doing your first contract.

19. You will need the email from the other person to do the contract.  There will be IRC rooms where you can find people interested but right now this IRC chat room is not working.  Once you agree on the contract price then you can set it up.  
20.  This can be a typical contract:  I am a buyer for a service (graphic design) and found the designer that cost 1000 BC.  We have agreed on the price and that the design will be done in 24 hours, and that each of us will escrow 1000 BC extra until the job is completed and accepted.
20. Click on the "Make an Offer" tab and fill the form:

Send Contact to:  email (xxx@gmail.com)
Amount: 1000
You Deposit: 1000 (your escrow)
They Deposit: 1000 (his escrow)
Time to Complete: 36 hours (better give a little extra time)

Before you click on the Send button make sure that you select "I pay this amount (I am the buyer)" from the drop down menu below the Send button, or the seller if you are the seller.

21. Click on the Send button
22. Now the clients will communicate with each other automatically via email.  You can see the current status of your offer under the tab "Pending Offers".  It should say "Sent Offer ... sent offer details awaiting response..."  If you click on it you can see some options to  cancel it, send it again or copy the email.

23. At this point we are waiting for the order to be accepted.  On the other end the details of the offer can be seen in the "Pending Offer" tab.  When they click on the offer the options are to Accept, Counter-Offer, or Delete.

24. When the offer is accepted the transaction will be broadcasted, this may take a little while but when finished this transaction will move from the "Make an Offer" tab to the "Open Contracts".  Now the contract should be listed and say something like Order: cxxxx.....
25. When the contract gets executed and the seller delivers the goods or services he selects the "Open Contracts" tab and click in the open Order: xxxxx.  A window pops up where you have the option to click the Completion Request.  When both have acknowledged that completion has been achieved by clicking on the Completion Request then the transaction is broadcasted as completed.

26.  After some minutes the payment is sent and the escrows are returned.  When all the transactions are completed the Open Contract Tab clears automatically and the contract is complete.

Thanks Dave Zimbeck this is an Amazing tool!

This is the link to the video which describes some of these steps:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mpNYCasuGE

BC + XC + DRK
HjalmarX

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:40:02 PM

how is blackhalo compared to syscoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587080.360
Subtuppel

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:14:55 PM

Important news:

BlackHalo Beta released 2014/07/04!

BlackHalo & NightTrader Homepages:

Step-by-Step guide by user buy-black

BlackCoin Wallet 1.10 released, includes PoS 2.0

Short listing for newcomers and potential investors about completed and upcoming projects:
    click the links!
    More detailed listing can be found @ Reddit: BlackCoin Projects Overview

[/list]

rat4

Activity: 324
    Merit: 197

Two-way squared

View Profile WWW
    July 05, 2014, 09:18:52 PM

A handful of nodes, including http://blackcha.in/, are on fork.
    If you are on the fork or have problems with sync, update to v1.1.0.1

Subtuppel

View Profile
    July 05, 2014, 10:14:38 PM

A handful of nodes, including http://blackcha.in/, are on fork.
    If you are on the fork or have problems with sync, update to v1.1.0.1

thanks, mine was one of them, update fixed it.
    reposted this on reddit, too.

blackwavelabs

Activity: 3
    Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
    July 05, 2014, 10:37:48 PM

We have lowered the fee on bcbit.co to 0.45%

We have also created a twitter account for future updates and news on upcoming projects: @blackwavelabs

blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
    July 05, 2014, 10:59:48 PM

We have lowered the fee on bcbit.co to 0.45%

We have also created a twitter account for future updates and news on upcoming projects: @blackwavelabs

That went up quite soon! I'll have to try out a Newegg purchase sometime later this week to help with the testing. Considering how quickly you guys got this up compared to how long it took VRC, I can't wait for what else you have in store for BC!
    noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
    July 05, 2014, 11:16:04 PM

STEP-BY-STEP (WITH IMAGES) INSTRUCTIONS TO SETUP BLACKHALO AND DO A CONTRACT

Good work buy-black, thanks for sharing.
    Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 408 »
      Print  

Jump to: