Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609538 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 05:43:47 AM

It seems that now the new wave on cryptocurrencies is the Darksend function or anonymity,  I´d like to know what is the possibility to have that function implemented in blackcoin code, "Blacksend" or something like this.

As an investor I want to know what the chances in % of "Blacksend" or anonymity be implemented to blackcoin.

1-How long would it takes?

2-Rat4 is working on it?

3-Does community can offer some reward for help to implement this function in Blackcoin code?
Alright,with this remember this is just my personal opinion,and my opinion may or may not represent views of the entire community;that being said,I honestly feel that this feature is not necessary. I'm honestly thinking very long term.I'm very intrigued by the whole darksend tech,and I agree with the majority of people that it is revolutionary.however, I'm thinking about how countries/ governments/ legitimate merchants will see this. To make a long story short, I think dark send will be perhaps the future of black market and illicit activities.yes,BTC and other currencies have been able to launder money/ other illegal activities,but that's because a) people did not understand bitcoin/block chain. B)many had not even heard of BTC. Now that govts are watching digutal currencies,many of these criminals are being caught because of the block chain and fiat paper trails. We've seen that digital currencies are still here to stay,and their utility is still feasible for what they were meant.but with something like darksend and other features, im not really sure how well this will be received by the rest of the world.there's definitely money to be made with it,but will it bring legal and ethical implications with it down the road?
No single government in the world will support Cryptocurrencie, and I particularly want that all governments will fuck off, if the function Darksend was not good Darkcoin and also the other new coins would not be thinking about implementing this.

"Black market, is what the government says for you that is forbidden."
Do not be a slave for your government, and do not let any government tell you what is right and what is wrong.

Is there an option to disable darksend payments?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:45:19 AM

It seems that now the new wave on cryptocurrencies is the Darksend function or anonymity,  I´d like to know what is the possibility to have that function implemented in blackcoin code, "Blacksend" or something like this.

As an investor I want to know what the chances in % of "Blacksend" or anonymity be implemented to blackcoin.

2-Rat4 is working on it?

3-Does community can offer some reward for help to implement this function in Blackcoin code?
Alright,with this remember this is just my personal opinion,and my opinion may or may not represent views of the entire community;that being said,I honestly feel that this feature is not necessary. I'm honestly thinking very long term.I'm very intrigued by the whole darksend tech,and I agree with the majority of people that it is revolutionary.however, I'm thinking about how countries/ governments/ legitimate merchants will see this. To make a long story short, I think dark send will be perhaps the future of black market and illicit activities.yes,BTC and other currencies have been able to launder money/ other illegal activities,but that's because a) people did not understand bitcoin/block chain. B)many had not even heard of BTC. Now that govts are watching digutal currencies,many of these criminals are being caught because of the block chain and fiat paper trails. We've seen that digital currencies are still here to stay,and their utility is still feasible for what they were meant.but with something like darksend and other features, im not really sure how well this will be received by the rest of the world.there's definitely money to be made with it,but will it bring legal and ethical implications with it down the road?
No single government in the world will support Cryptocurrencie, and I particularly want that all governments will fuck off, if the function Darksend was not good Darkcoin and also the other new coins would not be thinking about implementing this.

Do not be a slave for your government, and do not let any government tell you what is right and what is wrong.

I believe the default is not darksend, rather you have to opt to make your transaction a darksend (I think it slows down the transaction time a little).
Chiggins

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:51:31 AM

2-Rat4 is working on it?

You give a shit what BC implements... why? Thought you were all up on XLB's junk these days and crapping on BC.

edit, just because it's more on topic:

I don't really like the Darksend stuff. People in general already think BTC and cryptocurrencies in general are purposed specifically for illicit activities, it just gives more firepower rather than help with mass adoption.

I see that it has a use, but not really my cup of tea.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]        ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
──────────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ──────────
dcm987

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:53:03 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 06:05:33 AM by dcm987

2-Rat4 is working on it?

Don't get me wrong, to a certain extent I agree with your sentment with the govt. But for Cryptos to really take off,I think that it has to be mainstream,and what is shying away a lot of people away from them is how the govt treats it/the factor of anonymity with the whole block chain. I've personally showed a lot of outsiders dark coin and the dark send feature,and the first thing that came out of their mouths was,"I wouldn't touch this,it seems highly illegal/sketch".personally I was disheartenend upon hearing this bc I own some DRK.idk just this happening today got me to thinking
dcm987

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:57:04 AM

2-Rat4 is working on it?

You give a shit what BC implements... why? Thought you were all up on XLB's junk these days and crapping on BC.
Chiggins,while I admiee the passion,and you standing up for our coin(given that he has been very active on the XLB forum, please refrain from attacking him outright. he did ask a legitimate concern, it is up to us to answer politely,directly, and as knowledgeable as possible.by doing this you do not give trolls ammunition,or offend people.if they turn the discussion from concern to FUD,then we know to ignore and move on.
darcius

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:59:09 AM

Don't get me wrong, to a certain extent I agree with your sentient with the govt. But for Cryptos to really take off,I think that it has to be mainstream,and what is shying away a lot of people away from them is how the govt treats it/the factor of anonymity with the whole block chain. I've personally showed a lot of outsiders dark coin and the dark send feature,and the first thing that came out of their mouths was,"I wouldn't touch this,it seems highly illegal/sketch".personally I was disheartenend upon hearing this bc I own some DRK.idk just this happening today got me to thinking

Yeah I think your right on the money dcm987. I think darksend is just the crypto feature of the month, and brings with it connotations of illegal activity which is something we want to avoid in order to get BlackCoin main stream adoption from not just people, but legitimate businesses.
coinism

Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:11:12 AM

2-Rat4 is working on it?

+1 , but i'm also not going to let you tell me what is right and what is wrong Smiley

dcm987

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:16:57 AM

2-Rat4 is working on it?

+1 , but i'm also not going to let you tell me what is right and what is wrong Smiley

Yeaaaa! 'Murica!
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:23:01 AM

2-Rat4 is working on it?

1 POS =/= POW protocool some coins who want make it real without rat4 lvl dev will fail 50% of new coin POW/POS fail at making staking.
It could take a year to wrote protocol
2 No he is working on security

3 We don't need dark send i think blackcoin as store of wealth can be higher that blackmarket coin when you have such stars like
DRK - 1st darksend
ANC - TOR + Zerocoin in progress
Zerocash - in development
NXT clones some will have mixer

Darksend is now popular because it is solo when clones come out look at BC price down,hype down...
Same with DRK...Darksend won't take you far in longer run.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:28:39 AM

It seems that now the new wave on cryptocurrencies is the Darksend function or anonymity,  I´d like to know what is the possibility to have that function implemented in blackcoin code, "Blacksend" or something like this.

2-Rat4 is working on it?

1 POS =/= POW protocool some coins who want make it real without rat4 lvl dev will fail 50% of new coin POW/POS fail at making staking.
It could take a year to wrote protocol
2 No he is working on security

3 We don't need dark send i think blackcoin as store of wealth can be higher that blackmarket coin when you have such stars like
DRK - 1st darksend
ANC - TOR + Zerocoin in progress
Zerocash - in development
NXT clones some will have mixer

Darksend is now popular because it is solo when clones come out look at BC price down,hype down...
Same with DRK...Darksend won't take you far in longer run.

Yeah, I don't think that trying to assimilate BlackCoin with the black market (despite its name) is the right path to go with. Especially if you want it to grow.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:26:01 AM

Keep voting:

https://hitbtc.com/vote
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2419
Merit: 1638

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:14:29 AM

Back from Bitcoin2014...
The highlights.....
Bitcoin is here to stay!
Blackcoin has been seen and heard, and is also here to stay!!
There were many Blackcoin owners there (some with 10's of thousands!)
Coinkite are great guys and we can't wait to get working with them. Rodolfo and Pete are really nice guys.
This isn't "just another crypto" this is Blackcoin... Real people working together, meeting, talking, planning and all making this happen.
How many other Coins were there? Who were the contenders? BTC, NXT, MasterCOin, Ripple and BlackCoin....

To be taken seriouly you have to be a part of the movement forward. BE there, get involved, talk to the movers and shakers, understand what it is to be involved, understand what it takes to be part of the crypto revolution.

Do any of those other coins have even 10% of the understanding of what it is to be "In the Business of Crypto"? I know BlackCoin has an immense amount of knowledge, enthusiasm and skills. 

We are not about geeks in bedrooms shaving a % here and there ...... we are The Business.
We are part of the future, we are BlackCoin
The best is yet to come!!
virtualfaqs

Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 08:17:41 AM

I believe the default is not darksend, rather you have to opt to make your transaction a darksend (I think it slows down the transaction time a little).

Oops. I phrased my question incorrectly. I meant an option not to receive darksend payments.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
dcm987

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:26:40 AM

Back from Bitcoin2014...
The highlights.....
Bitcoin is here to stay!
Blackcoin has been seen and heard, and is also here to stay!!
There were many Blackcoin owners there (some with 10's of thousands!)
Coinkite are great guys and we can't wait to get working with them. Rodolfo and Pete are really nice guys.
This isn't "just another crypto" this is Blackcoin... Real people working together, meeting, talking, planning and all making this happen.
How many other Coins were there? Who were the contenders? BTC, NXT, MasterCOin, Ripple and BlackCoin....

To be taken seriouly you have to be a part of the movement forward. BE there, get involved, talk to the movers and shakers, understand what it is to be involved, understand what it takes to be part of the crypto revolution.

Do any of those other coins have even 10% of the understanding of what it is to be "In the Business of Crypto"? I know BlackCoin has an immense amount of knowledge, enthusiasm and skills. 

We are not about geeks in bedrooms shaving a % here and there ...... we are The Business.
We are part of the future, we are BlackCoin
The best is yet to come!!

Bro! do you think coinkite would be willing to get the ball rolling with us onthe MIT blackcoin project?? since they accept BTC,LTC,and BC, since MIT is giving their undergrads bitcoins next semester, the area and MIT itself needs viable infrastructure! plus it would give their company amazing PR and if it goes well, the beginning of a large, trusted customerbase:)
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:36:41 AM

Yeah, I don't think that trying to assimilate BlackCoin with the black market (despite its name) is the right path to go with. Especially if you want it to grow.

Agreed.  Also these are features that can effectively be operated as a service without changing the protocol level.  I think rat4 is (once again) well sorted priorities-wise in focusing on newer and more effective/efficient ways of further securing the blockchain itself.  The less vulnerable the blockchain is, the less 'real' threat there is to the coin.

New flavor-of-the-week coins will come out often, in many cases they will steal marketshare and drop the value temporarily.  Major attacks, doublespend or otherwise, will potentially destroy the coin altogether.

The bottom line is that crypto currencies are already an extreme niche commodity/market.  That's obvious with the way money flows out of coins into the latest 'cool' coin, and then out of that coin as soon as there is an even newer or 'cooler' coin.  There just isn't that much new money coming in.  Out of that already small market - those that are like coinpredator are an even smaller minority.

Consider the reasons for large anonymous transactions (as micro-transactions requiring anonymity locally are better handled with just cash IMO):  money laundering, funding terrorism, large drug transactions, tax evasion, etc.  I'm definitely not a fan of governments (or any bureaucracies) but I'm not a supporter of those other actions either.  You can 'launder' your money (regardless of form) through multiple coins via exchanges... and while not invisible, if combined with paper wallets and mixing if you're really paranoid - it would take an army of analysts to trace everything.

And lets face it... if you're up against a force that has the resources and technology to track your money through multiple forms of cryptos/metals/fiat/etc. then you're up against a force that can simply call in a drone strike on your house and direct the media to call it a 'gas leak'. Wink 

There's also the issue of it potentially being a double-edged sword in the fact that if you are a recipient of anonymous funds - and it's discovered - then it could become a case of circumstantial culpability in the case of legal action against you.  The governments of the world have often taken the stand (including in the US where it's unconstitutional) that you are guilty unless you can prove your innocence.  Removing that proof can work against you as well in the real world.
dcm987

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:43:47 AM

Agreed.  Also these are features that can effectively be operated as a service without changing the protocol level.  I think rat4 is (once again) well sorted priorities-wise in focusing on newer and more effective/efficient ways of further securing the blockchain itself.  The less vulnerable the blockchain is, the less 'real' threat there is to the coin.

New flavor-of-the-week coins will come out often, in many cases they will steal marketshare and drop the value temporarily.  Major attacks, doublespend or otherwise, will potentially destroy the coin altogether.

The bottom line is that crypto currencies are already an extreme niche commodity/market.  That's obvious with the way money flows out of coins into the latest 'cool' coin, and then out of that coin as soon as there is an even newer or 'cooler' coin.  There just isn't that much new money coming in.  Out of that already small market - those that are like coinpredator are an even smaller minority.

Consider the reasons for large anonymous transactions (as micro-transactions requiring anonymity locally are better handled with just cash IMO):  money laundering, funding terrorism, large drug transactions, tax evasion, etc.  I'm definitely not a fan of governments (or any bureaucracies) but I'm not a supporter of those other actions either.  You can 'launder' your money (regardless of form) through multiple coins via exchanges... and while not invisible, if combined with paper wallets and mixing if you're really paranoid - it would take an army of analysts to trace everything.

And lets face it... if you're up against a force that has the resources and technology to track your money through multiple forms of cryptos/metals/fiat/etc. then you're up against a force that can simply call in a drone strike on your house and direct the media to call it a 'gas leak'. Wink 

There's also the issue of it potentially being a double-edged sword in the fact that if you are a recipient of anonymous funds - and it's discovered - then it could become a case of circumstantial culpability in the case of legal action against you.  The governments of the world have often taken the stand (including in the US where it's unconstitutional) that you are guilty unless you can prove your innocence.  Removing that proof can work against you as well in the real world.
this is why i brought this issue up. i got to thinking about more in the real world, and whether we like it or not, unless we all together decide to move to antarctica, we live where bureaucratic entities exist. also most normal people prefer security over anonymity. anonymity equals crime to these people. looking at the DRK forum, theyre talking about using DRK coin as a black market coin,for porno sites, among other things. im a little surprised that it doesnt seem to concern folks there
RSchexnayder

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:57:51 AM

Boeing987, I was PMed by Rodolfo from CoinKite about the MIT Airdrop.

They will provide a 20% educational discount on their product. I think this is in addition to the volume discount, if we can put together a buy from the nearby MIT merchants.

I have given an Airdrop update on this reddit thread.   

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/25wdr4/blackcoin_price_prediction_for_june/
dcm987

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:00:17 AM

They will provide a 20% educational discount on their product. I think this is in addition to the volume discount, if we can put together a buy from the nearby MIT merchants.

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/25wdr4/blackcoin_price_prediction_for_june/
Dangit, my ideas are always so dang late lmaol but thats AWESOME! perfect, infrastructure being provided:)))
dcm987

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:05:10 AM

Dangit, my ideas are always so dang late lmaol but thats AWESOME! perfect, infrastructure being provided:)))
i would guess the next step would be to get in contact with the BTC club over at MIT.
Coinkite would get a hold of them for obvious infrastructure concerns, and we would to tell them about what we plan to do, and inquire if they would like to help fundraise for that or not. Maybe, just maybe if we could convince them to do instead of 100 dollars in BTC, do $50 BTC and$50 in BC or something like that, they could pay it out of the BTC they already have, and get it cheap at the current price! just an idea. mckie, if you read this, if im not mistaken you mentioned contact with an MIT professor with your TeenAids project; if i am right, can you see if he can help us get a hold of the MIT BTC club?
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:22:49 AM

i would guess the next step would be to get in contact with the BTC club over at MIT.
Coinkite would get a hold of them for obvious infrastructure concerns, and we would to tell them about what we plan to do, and inquire if they would like to help fundraise for that or not. Maybe, just maybe if we could convince them to do instead of 100 dollars in BTC, do $50 BTC and$50 in BC or something like that, they could pay it out of the BTC they already have, and get it cheap at the current price! just an idea. mckie, if you read this, if im not mistaken you mentioned contact with an MIT professor with your TeenAids project; if i am right, can you see if he can help us get a hold of the MIT BTC club?

Glad I read this! Yes, I could. I just need the names of the people in the Club we need to speak to and I'll make an attempt to route us in there.

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: