Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:32:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:24:45 AM

Just some thoughts and I would like peoples opinions on them: Maybe BC shouldn't start a public smear campaign against BTC and its energy wastefulness until BC can stand completely on its own (until it is not heavily dependent on BTC like every alt is). At this point, anything that might hurt public perception of BTC would likely hurt all of crypto including BC. Also, and I think others have pointed this out before, if you are going to try and sell BC as energy efficient you better be prepared for people being critical of the hypocrisy that is the multipool. And if you consider the fact that BC was the altcoin which started the altcoin multipool fad... what is the real effect of BC on energy consumption? (I think one good counterargument for the "wastefulness" of the multipool is  that the majority of BC miners would just be mining something else if it weren't for BC and in that sense it is not additional energy waste just redirected energy waste)

Valid points Storm. I think it will be in our best interests to ensure that any 'green' talk is kept as a positive for BC and not, as you put it, a smear campaign against BTC.

As for the multipool.. as long as their are PoW coins there will always be miners. The larger are multipool the faster energy efficient BC takes over. The multipool can very easily be seen as a tool that allows us to bring the crypto community towards energy efficiency even faster.

I agree, multipool only appears wasteful until you think about it in the context of crypto at which point it seems pretty clear that it is a good thing in the long run. It will be hard to be positive about BC's energy efficiency without poking at BTC a little since in order to most effectively convey  BC's energy efficiency it needs to be compared to BTC's massive energy use. I think it just needs to be worded/approached correctly. Like you point out, focus on the positives of BC don't focus on the negatives of BTC anymore than you need to in order to distinguish BC from it and bring out the positives of BC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 04:57:09 AM

So will this PR campaign be pointed at new users who have never heard of BTC, heard of BTC but never bought or BTC users who have never heard of BC? Sounds like 3 different target audiences.

And is this PR campaign going to set up an easy way to buy BC?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:12:49 AM

So will this PR campaign be pointed at new users who have never heard of BTC, heard of BTC but never bought or BTC users who have never heard of BC? Sounds like 3 different target audiences.

And is this PR campaign going to set up an easy way to buy BC?

The PR campaign won't set that up. We have to do that.. We can have good web- wallets by mid- july using Coinkite 's API..

In the meantime we need the Android wallet amongst some good minds thinking and designing around usability.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:42:21 AM

Just some thoughts and I would like peoples opinions on them: Maybe BC shouldn't start a public smear campaign against BTC and its energy wastefulness until BC can stand completely on its own (until it is not heavily dependent on BTC like every alt is). At this point, anything that might hurt public perception of BTC would likely hurt all of crypto including BC. Also, and I think others have pointed this out before, if you are going to try and sell BC as energy efficient you better be prepared for people being critical of the hypocrisy that is the multipool. And if you consider the fact that BC was the altcoin which started the altcoin multipool fad... what is the real effect of BC on energy consumption? (I think one good counterargument for the "wastefulness" of the multipool is  that the majority of BC miners would just be mining something else if it weren't for BC and in that sense it is not additional energy waste just redirected energy waste)

Valid points Storm. I think it will be in our best interests to ensure that any 'green' talk is kept as a positive for BC and not, as you put it, a smear campaign against BTC.

As for the multipool.. as long as their are PoW coins there will always be miners. The larger are multipool the faster energy efficient BC takes over. The multipool can very easily be seen as a tool that allows us to bring the crypto community towards energy efficiency even faster.

I agree, multipool only appears wasteful until you think about it in the context of crypto at which point it seems pretty clear that it is a good thing in the long run. It will be hard to be positive about BC's energy efficiency without poking at BTC a little since in order to most effectively convey  BC's energy efficiency it needs to be compared to BTC's massive energy use. I think it just needs to be worded/approached correctly. Like you point out, focus on the positives of BC don't focus on the negatives of BTC anymore than you need to in order to distinguish BC from it and bring out the positives of BC.

I agree with you Stormia (as far as the tone towards BTC is concerned), but the 'wastefulness' of BTC, and other PoW coins by association, is already a very well publicized complaint.  Anything BC does on that front won't be exactly news to most that are familiar with BTC at all.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-12/virtual-bitcoin-mining-is-a-real-world-environmental-disaster.html

http://www.colorfulwolf.com/blog/2011/05/31/resources-are-being-utterly-and-completely-wasted-on-mining-bitcoins/

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=18659

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/comment/bitcoin-data-centre-green-138641

http://upstart.bizjournals.com/news/technology/2013/12/12/bitcarbon-bitcoin-carbon-footprint.html?page=all

There are literally hundreds of articles, blogs, etc... (many that are 'noteworthy sources') arguing both sides of this issue for years already.  So while I don't think attacking BTC directly is necessarily a good strategy from a PR standpoint, pointing out that one of the problems people have already associated with it, does not apply to BC is win-win.
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:58:16 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 06:14:54 AM by djslick

soooo, i haven't been following this for the past couple weeks, let me get this straight...

some wannabe leader named Iconic Expert tries to overtake BC development, gets shut down, then has minions trying to FUD this coin as revenge?

seems petty to me

i mean, it's not hard to spot people with an agenda... coming in here and saying: "it's obvious this coin is dead, dump now, worth 100 sat tomorrow"...

all the many different developments going on with BC look great, it's fun to be apart of this, even if it is a in a very limited voyeuristic capacity. i only wish i had more =p

anyways, not trying to devolve this thread back into ridiculousness, i'm just really surprised at the haters BC has generated. I mean i always knew that BC was going to generate envy, but goddamn! they say you can judge a man by his enemies, so BC's fucking bruce wayne. when there's that many hating, you know you're doing something right! xD

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
Janezki

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:04:28 AM

In the meantime we need the Android wallet amongst some good minds thinking and designing around usability.
Android wallet with staking is a must (mad props for the dev on this).
This applies to the greener part of BC, you don't need to keep wallet staking on separate PC since your phone is on 24/7.

BCLambovXNggZSCruBycAApon17qTkcr9F
negamus

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:33:55 AM

soooo, i haven't been following this for the past couple weeks, let me get this straight...

some wannabe leader named Iconic Expert tries to overtake BC development, gets shut down, then has minions trying to FUD this coin as revenge?

seems petty to me

i mean, it's not hard to spot people with an agenda... coming in here and saying: "it's obvious this coin is dead, dump now, worth 100 sat tomorrow"...

all the many different developments going on with BC look great, it's fun to be apart of this, even if it is a in a very limited voyeuristic capacity. i only wish i had more =p

anyways, not trying to devolve this thread back into ridiculousness, i'm just really surprised at the haters BC has generated. I mean i always knew that BC was going to generate envy, but goddamn! they say you can judge a man by his enemies, so BC's fucking bruce wayne. when there's that many hating, you know you're doing something right! xD

You're right, you haven't been following it. Come back in a couple more weeks and try again, maybe you'll get it straight.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:39:55 AM

seems petty to me

thank you sir
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:44:25 AM

seems petty to me

It's not that simple. IE is in charge of 2 major BC projects. There's just no black and white anymore. Pun intended.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:45:43 AM

.. I mean i always knew that BC was going to generate envy, but goddamn! they say you can judge a man by his enemies, so BC's fucking bruce wayne. when there's that many hating, you know you're doing something right! xD

i like that part.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:48:43 AM

Dead Cat Roll, Pump and Dump, and Flatline.
Featuring: Blackcoin, Dogecoin, Mintcoin, and Cinnicoin

http://www.judgecrypto.com/news/dead-cat-slide-dcs

Judge Crypto
www.judgecrypto.com
digicidal

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:53:27 AM

It's not that simple. IE is in charge of 2 major BC projects. There's just no black and white anymore. Pun intended.

Yes, the USB wallet BlackCoinCards is a major BC project - and notably one of the first big hype-makers after the multipool itself early on.  What's the second one? (Not trolling, I'm serious.)

I'm assuming you are alluding to the Wall St. event, but do you seriously think his announcement tomorrow will be that he's going to be doing it anyway?
Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:57:52 AM

Whats happening with the BC USB card orders?

Hoping its still happening!
digicidal

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:05:04 AM

Judge Crypto
www.judgecrypto.com

You forgot to add this coin to your Dead Cat Roll... looks very similar to BC lately... care to guess which coin this is?
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:28:11 AM

Join reddit!

SUB HERE: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin

If you're not into Reddit,don't worry! It's very easy to get yourself started. Reddit is anonymous in nature, you don't even need an email address to create an account!
Brooklynn21

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:28:51 AM

I think the team is doing well, it is worth a lot of money copycat team learning!
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:43:02 AM

Judge Crypto
www.judgecrypto.com
Same BTC / LTC ....

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:01:40 AM

This is such a popular coin, it just cannot keep sliding.. Soon the games will end.. They are just trying to pee you all off...

At least PoS is. I just can't see PoS failing. Grin I don't see any other PoS altcoin doing really well right now other then a few under 1 million cap. We're the only one above 1 million cap aren't we? Oh right NXT. I wish NXT would just add PoW or something so I could stop having to PoS* every single time I talk about BC. I brought this topic up on reddit asking for our most prestigious title that's simple. PoS+volume+1% or something.

You will soon be able to create any coin you like on top of Nxt. Nxt isn't designed to be a currency, it is designed to be a platform to be built on.

Nodecoin and Laksmhi are POW test coins that have been built upon Nxt to show it can be done. They are also protected from the traditional POW 51% attack by being secured by the Nxt POS blockchain.

See jl777's 'Coin creation Kit" or Come-from-Beyond's post in the Nxt Monetary System subforum. You will be soon be able to pick and choose any features you want for your coin  (POW/POS/any inflation amount) and launch it on the Asset Exchange in a few clicks. Blackcoin could even be relaunched on the AE in a 1 for 1 swap.

Sorry if you think this is spam  Smiley
Subtuppel

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:07:52 AM

Sorry if you think this is spam  Smiley
Of course it is. go away.

valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:11:47 AM

Just some thoughts and I would like peoples opinions on them: Maybe BC shouldn't start a public smear campaign against BTC and its energy wastefulness until BC can stand completely on its own (until it is not heavily dependent on BTC like every alt is). At this point, anything that might hurt public perception of BTC would likely hurt all of crypto including BC. Also, and I think others have pointed this out before, if you are going to try and sell BC as energy efficient you better be prepared for people being critical of the hypocrisy that is the multipool. And if you consider the fact that BC was the altcoin which started the altcoin multipool fad... what is the real effect of BC on energy consumption? (I think one good counterargument for the "wastefulness" of the multipool is  that the majority of BC miners would just be mining something else if it weren't for BC and in that sense it is not additional energy waste just redirected energy waste)

I disagree completely with this. If BTC didn't have significant issues, then there wouldn't be such an interest in altcoins. BTC is in no way mainstream right now, and who knows if BTC will be the cryptocurrency that goes mainstream. Most likely it will, but if some of the other altcoins start catching up and people realize that there are better options than BTC, then (even though it seems impossible right now) another crypto might take over. It won't be doge or lite, because they don't have any advantages other BTC.

You can hurt the public perception of BTC, but at the same time praise cryptocurrencies, and point out that the cryptocurrency of choice should be BlackCoin. Bitcoin already has a slightly seedy image in many people's mind, so a new option without the baggage of bitcoin could actually be an advantage in some ways.

Regarding the multipool, that doesn't influence the longterm economics of blackcoin being green. BlackCoin could be used by everyone in the world, or no one in the world and it would have no effect on the amount of mining being done. The multipool might actually be reducing the amount of mining by the idea that it eats up the other mineable coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: