Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:10:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609538 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:22:06 PM

once more good news while the dumpers dump:
and like all other "good news" before, the market doesn't care it seems
And? the persons who agreed to do business with BC give a shit about the "market", as it seems.
As most of us do.
The current price is made by a handful of people and bots on three little exchanges, who cares about them and their games?

I care. Actually this is the most buying activity in the last few weeks it seems. Very good sign.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:22:07 PM

Using the Visa network won't save retailers fees though... CC companies still gouge the shit out of shops.
Subtuppel

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:25:38 PM

Using the Visa network won't save retailers fees though... CC companies still gouge the shit out of shops.
Yeah, lets turn some good news into bad news... still not cheap enough?  Tongue

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:27:47 PM

Yeah, lets turn some good news into bad news... still not cheap enough?  Tongue

No, I'm simply saying that if the whole point as mentioned in the news is to have cheaper financial options, it contradicts that by having fees associated with the same network used by conventional credit/debit cards. It gives the consumer more choices as they can choose to use their crypto or their credit to make purchases, but it does nothing for the shops that still get raped with fees for taking swipe-cards. Without knowing more about the fees, I have no idea if the buyer also pays them for the ability to use their crypto. If this is also the case, it's still not good news.
meganite

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:33:28 PM

blah trolling blah blah....

Thanks for the input, Iconic  Roll Eyes Like a desperate fat girl at last call, you keep coming back where you're not welcome lol...... Shouldn't you be busy stealing from someone?
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:36:29 PM

buy buy buy?  Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
InvestorPerson

Activity: 316

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:39:58 PM

Thanks for the input, Iconic

Cheesy

aaaah you made my morning mate. cheers

you can call me whatever you want, at least i'm not the one dumping all over you, those people sit right in your IRC channel fyi

whoever sells below 29k now must be a complete retard....
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:44:46 PM

Retailer fees is one thing. Coin acceptance is another thing. Both are very important, but they are not related in any way IMO.

...but you can't say the goal is cheaper financial options when there is no differentiation from using a crypto-card or credit/debit card in terms of fees. Fact is, credit/debit cards are still far more widely accepted by a long shot. This is another means of helping adoption but there should be incentive to accept crypto and having ordinary fees isn't going to help. It's the whole why fix it if it ain't broken idea. To people that know about crypto, it does fix problems with other forms of payment, however, to those unfamiliar, why change what already works?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:01:29 PM

and like all other "good news" before, the market doesn't care it seems

What's your theory, what gives a coin value?
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:08:19 PM

you can say weak hands as mach as you want, but the price is dumping too hard to be just a fault of weak hands.
Volumes seems to be for distribution and not accumulation, so people is just dumping. I just wonder why.
News and news over this coin, I can't just believe that people are selling so bad!

I know why your pray will never be answered!
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:10:21 PM

Retailer fees is one thing. Coin acceptance is another thing. Both are very important, but they are not related in any way IMO.

...but you can't say the goal is cheaper financial options when there is no differentiation from using a crypto-card or credit/debit card in terms of fees. Fact is, credit/debit cards are still far more widely accepted by a long shot. This is another means of helping adoption but there should be incentive to accept crypto and having ordinary fees isn't going to help. It's the whole why fix it if it ain't broken idea. To people that know about crypto, it does fix problems with other forms of payment, however, to those unfamiliar, why change what already works?

Sure but you just can't have everything at once. There are priorities and dependencies. If the coin is not known and accepted, all other things are useless. So, first step is to make the coin accepted and known. Using a widely used network like visa in order to achieve that is admittedly a good starting point.

Fair enough, I can jump on board with that logic.
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:28:33 PM

you can say weak hands as mach as you want, but the price is dumping too hard to be just a fault of weak hands.
Volumes seems to be for distribution and not accumulation, so people is just dumping. I just wonder why.
News and news over this coin, I can't just believe that people are selling so bad!

We are looking for our 2nd or 3rd rise, pump, whatever you want to call it. Look at NXT and PCC. You think they just rolled over and gave up? I bet they are struggling hard to regain lost market value just like us. It's an incredibly tough job to remain on top day after day for an altcoin. News and news might not do it. It might require news and news and a little luck.  Wink

maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:35:03 PM

We are looking for our 2nd or 3rd rise, pump, whatever you want to call it. Look at NXT and PCC. You think they just rolled over and gave up? I bet they are struggling hard to regain lost market value just like us. It's an incredibly tough job to remain on top day after day for an altcoin. News and news might not do it. It might require news and news and a little luck.  Wink

And killer app/service so BC is used :p

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Jherek

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:58:07 PM

Also, traders (who price coins)...
No longer care about stuff Devs are "working on"...
Unless it's released... and working... and being widely used... it doesn't matter anymore.

I can agree to that. However I think that was never so much cared for. There might be some buying in on some really new rumors but never for long term, as soon as some bought in, others sold off making profit. All alts still suffering from bigger guys manipulating the price at whim and make profit from panic selling or panic buying.

No alt coin is really widely used ATM and we will see who survives the rally and how and can get ready for real usage.
anon74

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Deep Onion = soon to be the #1 ANON COIN!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 09:11:31 PM

[ANN] BlackCoin is partnering with CoinsisCard for a real world BlackCoin edition debit card

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/2d9c56/ann_blackcoin_is_partnering_with_coinsiscard_for/

We have just finished preliminary discussions and now I'll be working with Rat4 and others soon to help them implement the BlackCoin protocol into their systems. This will allow users the ability to transfer BlackCoin straight into USD/ Local Fiat and be spendable in minutes. Their service will allow us to send BlackCoin via email -- and soon other bank like features. This card runs on the VISA network so it is accepted anywhere VISA is. There are fees with VISA -- of course. But a system will be in place to alleviate fees for your account with a pay structure of some sort going forward. More on that as details is released.

This is a development that we will expand on and reveal further information as the technical stuff is ironed out. I am very excited and happy that James (One of the founders) has a strong belief in BlackCoin and its development team. He shares our same vision of bringing cheaper financial options to everyone in the world. And penetration begins in the most disruptive way possible -- making spending BlackCoin and digital currency no different than swiping your bank card. This is just a small stepping stone into mass adoption. We cant wait for you all to be there with us. There are current estimations of release that range from a few weeks to ~2months. Again more detail very soon.

From the BlackCoin Development Team/Foundation with much <3

McKie

This is absolutely phenomenal news, it cannot be overstated enough.  It's business development Efforts like this that are going to make Blackcoin a success in the long  run.

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:32:07 PM

I remember that once was BC = 15000 Satoshi!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

But then did IconicAsshole ruin everthing
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 09:38:32 PM

I remember that once was BC = 15000 Satoshi!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Please don't bring IE up again and focus on the issues at hand.

I'm working on fundraising for Cryptolina.
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/2d9s2u/cryptolina_stake_n_bake_fundraising/

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:43:15 PM

I remember that once was BC = 15000 Satoshi!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Please don't bring IE up again and focus on the issues at hand.

I'm working on fundraising for Cryptolina.
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/2d9s2u/cryptolina_stake_n_bake_fundraising/

OK, I will not then (But am still pist). I understand. I will keep them BC, I want that intruder bike.

EDIT
Not IE, BUT IA
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:55:24 PM

Actually, I think the fees (at least vendor-side) are really a non-issue.  The largest obstacle to broad vendor adoption is confusion and infrastructure.  Accepting debit/credit cards on an existing payment-processor network won't cost them more than they are already paying.  So really the only way it would ever save them is by direct crypto payments.

The reality is however, that most businesses are not run by unemployed college students - but most crypto is held by them. Wink  What all of the retailers that I've approached have said to me is that even if it were set up for them, the labor overhead (and security overhead) is the obstacle... and it's a much bigger one than giving Visa/MC/Amex/Disc their 'cut' of the profits.  I can relate to this even in my business, despite having no direct retail sales... if I can have a fixed cost of 2.5% (even if I have to pay up front) that's much better than a variable cost of 0.5%-7% that averages out to 1.5% per year.  Because I am likely to have to pay my accountant and office manager more than 1% of revenue for all the additional work required to make sure that excesses are properly shielded and deficits are properly covered.  When that involves a completely separate set of tax records due to it being considered 'property' rather than 'currency' and further requires additional infrastructure to prevent employee fraud/theft... it's very, very expensive for many B&M's to accept crypto directly.

If it's on Visa's network... I'm only required to maintain, license and report, the exact same things I do for fiat-backed credit/debit transactions... and since I'm actually getting only cash in the end (presumably at least) I then don't have to worry about tracking any gains on crypto, as it's not held by my company.  What I do get out of the deal however... is more business... for which losing 2-3% in fees is well, well worth it! Cheesy
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:08:08 PM

Actually, I think the fees (at least vendor-side) are really a non-issue.  The largest obstacle to broad vendor adoption is confusion and infrastructure.  Accepting debit/credit cards on an existing payment-processor network won't cost them more than they are already paying.  So really the only way it would ever save them is by direct crypto payments.

The reality is however, that most businesses are not run by unemployed college students - but most crypto is held by them. Wink  What all of the retailers that I've approached have said to me is that even if it were set up for them, the labor overhead (and security overhead) is the obstacle... and it's a much bigger one than giving Visa/MC/Amex/Disc their 'cut' of the profits.  I can relate to this even in my business, despite having no direct retail sales... if I can have a fixed cost of 2.5% (even if I have to pay up front) that's much better than a variable cost of 0.5%-7% that averages out to 1.5% per year.  Because I am likely to have to pay my accountant and office manager more than 1% of revenue for all the additional work required to make sure that excesses are properly shielded and deficits are properly covered.  When that involves a completely separate set of tax records due to it being considered 'property' rather than 'currency' and further requires additional infrastructure to prevent employee fraud/theft... it's very, very expensive for many B&M's to accept crypto directly.

If it's on Visa's network... I'm only required to maintain, license and report, the exact same things I do for fiat-backed credit/debit transactions... and since I'm actually getting only cash in the end (presumably at least) I then don't have to worry about tracking any gains on crypto, as it's not held by my company.  What I do get out of the deal however... is more business... for which losing 2-3% in fees is well, well worth it! Cheesy

Precisely! And this is exactly why we went this route for this partnership. Using crypto has to be DEAD simple -- and if to get it in the hands of everyone else who aren't unemployed college kids/young tech sector adults/mid age IT folks etc we have to make it simpler. Loading cryptos on a card to spend like cash is the same effort has moving $ from checking to savings. IF we can make it this easy for people to spend there cryptos -- the overhead to getting involved is almost completely eliminated. A card not utilizing a payment network would be great -- but the FUTURE of payments is digital (person to person exchanges, wallet apps -- etc). So in the SHORT TERM for mass adoption you need tools like this.

McKie

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: