Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:38:29 AM

I can't help but feel the market hasn't fully absorbed all of the information confirmed in that update post.  Grin

I agree.  I think we are in the eye of the storm right now.

I kind of doubted all that was being hyped (not enough to even risk my SLK on shorting attempts) but I now realize that it is real and they are serious about what they are doing.  I think that they are going to rock the crypto world within the month.  It's going to be fun to watch and be a part of...Smiley

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BNK3RED

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:38:56 AM

I can't help but feel the market hasn't fully absorbed all of the information confirmed in that update post.  Grin

There's a lot of volume in other coins at the moment once that dies down profit will then be spread to other coins.. Don't worry Silks turn will come soon 😉
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:39:57 AM

If you're having problems loading MintPal data download the fixed version http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1zil6kufvackie/silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.2-fix.zip it's not mandatory but it fixes a few glitches. I've updated the links with it. I took the time to compile it before going to bed so you may all fully enjoy the new features Smiley.

New Wallet is great!
Only one issue is the following error when starting the wallet, but the wallet still works:

Try the fixed one. It worked for me didn't gave any error at the startup.

Still gives the same error, i dont get it, because i have the VC++ redistributable installed on my PC

I get the same error with the new windows compiled version. Have the two dll's provided in that fix in the same dir, but not sure something is pathed correctly of if those two dll need to be placed in the system dir (I hope not)..

I found this... does this help?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-winapps/the-program-cant-start-because-msvcr110dll-is/f052d325-3af9-4ae5-990b-b080799724db

Alright, I am trying to be an average Joe here, so I will kind of go through the process. I hope the DEV can live vicariously through my trials here and think about what me need to be published for the average Joe trying to download a wallet on his or her PC so they can use The Silk...I will let you know if I crash my burner top lol

So answer is no dice. I had the distrib but went ahead and did a repair, shut the wallet down and reloaded with same dialouge so I will look in placing thos two   files in the system directory, I guess...

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:56:50 AM

If you're having problems loading MintPal data download the fixed version http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1zil6kufvackie/silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.2-fix.zip it's not mandatory but it fixes a few glitches. I've updated the links with it. I took the time to compile it before going to bed so you may all fully enjoy the new features Smiley.

New Wallet is great!
Only one issue is the following error when starting the wallet, but the wallet still works:

Still gives the same error, i dont get it, because i have the VC++ redistributable installed on my PC

I get the same error with the new windows compiled version. Have the two dll's provided in that fix in the same dir, but not sure something is pathed correctly of if those two dll need to be placed in the system dir (I hope not)..

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-winapps/the-program-cant-start-because-msvcr110dll-is/f052d325-3af9-4ae5-990b-b080799724db

Alright, I am trying to be an average Joe here, so I will kind of go through the process. I hope the DEV can live vicariously through my trials here and think about what me need to be published for the average Joe trying to download a wallet on his or her PC so they can use The Silk...I will let you know if I crash my burner top lol

So answer is no dice. I had the distrib but went ahead and did a repair, shut the wallet down and reloaded with same dialouge so I will look in placing thos two   files in the system directory, I guess...

The two files for the wallet market page fix have to do with OpenSLL, whereas the error you're getting has to do with C++ libraries - so you do not need to move the wallet fixes anywhere, they stay right next to the qt executable and they're fine. Smiley

I suggest reverting to a previous version if you need to use your wallet, I'm sure the dev will deploy a solution for this promptly when he's conscious.

Yeah, what I would like to do is complete uninstall the wallet. I have multiple copies of the .dat, but yet fail to understand where one restores that after a new wallet installation, or if uninstalling the wallet actually removes that .dat file (where I imagine all the honey juice is stored). I have only a few coins there because I was waiting to get in trouble with the wallet and have backup and need to restore back to business. Once I go through this, I would then stake a lot more to the wallet --so DEV can sleep lol - I will do as you suggest.

bluepixie

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:05:13 AM

As promised the new wallet version is out today. And as always I'll update you with the latest news from the devs.

--Update is not mandatory--

-- Mac will be released later tonight, I'm going to get the mac right now to build the compile--

Let's start by talking about this update.

We listened to all you had to say and tried our best to improve the current wallet and solve all the current bugs and glitches.

*Lot's of UI improvements, fonts more readable, visual glitches solved ui parts finished. Also a few network bugs were solved.
*An unlock button right in your Dashboard, just beside the stacking tutorial for new comers.
*A whole new Market Data tab with MintPal, Bittrex and Cryptsy integrated. You asked for Mintpal and an overview panel, you got it Smiley. This is in prevision of the next update built-in exchanger, I'll talk about that later in this post.
*A few IRC bugs solved, as you may have noticed the client was still in construction. No more points instead of spaces and a much better response time.
*And yes we also integrated the "Minimize to taskbar" button on top of the "Minimize to tray" since a lot of you complained about missing it.

Now let's talk about the roadmap.. Most of the time as you have seen in the past we prefer releasing than talking about it for days because announcing great features always bring haters, fudders, impatients and pumpers. But this time I'll let you know a bit more what the current plans are and what the future holds for Silkcoin.

Next Update :

Will be in ~10 days, we will integrate the exchange feature into the market tab and a trading bot is coming but it's not 100% sure it will be included in the next release with trading.
Due to a big community demand games will be integrated in the wallet, at first it will be a simple betting game but we plan to expand this area in the future.
Also a big rework is being done on the IRC tab. After the next update we'll start to have a decent wallet  Wink.

The eco-system :

The release of the white paper is still planned for the end of the week so I will not talk a lot about it this time. If everything goes well we will start the beta phase about 2 weeks after the white paper, the beta should not last for long as the system is already very solid and we're constantly running tests.

For those of you who were criticizing the lack of information, I will still give you the same arguments : we started Silkcoin without talking about the eco-system and did not want to unveil it so soon because we knew without a white paper it would attract fudders & paranoïa. Also a lot of "secrets" are present in this white paper, we want to make sure we're advanced enough on the development side before making it public. But I reassure you, it's not quite finished I'm not making you wait Wink.

Anyway it's been 1 month and 8 days, judge by what you seen. We're at the 5th update and our community is growing stronger everyday, the wallet is now far away from the others and even if you look at our clones they can't even hold the speed of our updates or worse can't even copy our existing features.

Dev Roadmap:

Here is the order of priority and how the most important events of silkcoin are supposed to happen in the next 30 days:

- First the release of the White Paper Friday.
- Followed by a big update including the built-in exchanger and first game
- Private beta for the eco-system will begin
- Then we'll launch the Multi-pool, we're already talking with a few pool managers who are interested in working with us, but we haven't decided yet; We may build it ourself.
- The launch of the Eco-system with social features and decentralized exchanger. For now this is planned in ~1 month, it can be faster but it can also be delayed.
- The launch of the decentralized marketplace, yes we reconsidered it and we will launch the marketplace with a trust system we'll explain later.

The rest of the roadmap is still uncertain regarding timeframes but will include for sure :

- 2FA authentification, our devs have already started the work on double signatures this is not going to be a very long dev so it may come as a surprise feature Wink.
- Blockchain games in the wallet, followed by network games (all betting games, first game will be introduced next release).
- Anon, I would prefer not to talk a lot about it but we've been working for quite a long time now on Zerocoin implementation, it's not finished at all but yet shows promise since we thought it would've been impossible to integrate but we got back on it and found some interesting solutions.. We find most of the other alternatives (the one we can apply like darksend) not interesting.
Once again most of the time I prefer avoiding the subject because it atracts and feeds fudders and also because this is not the main feature, the eco-system is.
- A few other functions for the eco-system we currently looking what we could do without bloating the blockchain. You'll understand soon why we have endless possibilities when you read the white paper Smiley.

Well now you know what to expect.

Enjoy the new version, enjoy Silkcoin and good trades to you !

See you Friday for the white paper  Cool

Ps : I'm updating all links with the new wallet
This is THE ONE!!!! SILKCOIN LONG TERM.  I am mining other coins just to buy SILK!!!  HOLDING

silk: BGBAs75ApT81uGLQZN7qdzrUVj8DXiYscF
piggy: pbDUdRPkhoxTGLmrXp4wuMgwoHbUfgrTW8
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:21:57 AM

So… what's Silkcoin doing to incorporate an anon solution?  Seems like if you're not working on some sort of anon solution then you're way behind.
bluepixie

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:25:12 AM

So… what's Silkcoin doing to incorporate an anon solution?  Seems like if you're not working on some sort of anon solution then you're way behind.
from silk developer
- Anon, I would prefer not to talk a lot about it but we've been working for quite a long time now on Zerocoin implementation, it's not finished at all but yet shows promise since we thought it would've been impossible to integrate but we got back on it and found some interesting solutions.. We find most of the other alternatives (the one we can apply like darksend) not interesting.

silk: BGBAs75ApT81uGLQZN7qdzrUVj8DXiYscF
piggy: pbDUdRPkhoxTGLmrXp4wuMgwoHbUfgrTW8
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:25:40 AM

So… what's Silkcoin doing to incorporate an anon solution?  Seems like if you're not working on some sort of anon solution then you're way behind.

I'd rather see the 2FA first.

2FA on a wallet to add a layer of protection to your hot wallets that could make cold storage obsolete is a potential "game changer" as I would expect many other coins to rip it off shortly afterward. That's obviously ignoring everything else already and soon to be awesome about the SC wallet.

Anon later. Tongue
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:32:28 AM

Ok, maybe it was answered before, but it's difficult to navigate such long thread...
...that social twitter/fb like function... will it have some options to spend/earn SC? Like in Twister, where you can buy an "ad", post visible on front page - are you planning something similar here Huh

Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:39:12 AM

saw new updates...bought more  Cheesy

cant wait to see the new Mac wallet.. keep up the work dev
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:48:10 AM

New Wallet is great!

What version of Windows are you guys running? I am on 8.1 a no issues

Using Windows7 x64  - tried adding paths (no luck) - did not place in sys32 - Did download the VC++ 2012 update 4 and installed that over, no luck. Like other dude said, still works but that file is not found. Thus the VC redistribution apparently is not loading that file to the system32 and wonder if I should be installing that from a download link a Microsoft. This is all confusing for the normal Joe (and not gamer type). Not sure if this is ready for the crowd of users that want to have the crypto, but not really techno savy - needs some work on that end as I am experiencing.

onecent

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:54:02 AM

waiting for silkcoin's multipool Smiley
ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:04:57 AM

New Wallet is great!

So answer is no dice. I had the distrib but went ahead and did a repair, shut the wallet down and reloaded with same dialouge so I will look in placing thos two   files in the system directory, I guess...

The two files for the wallet market page fix have to do with OpenSLL, whereas the error you're getting has to do with C++ libraries - so you do not need to move the wallet fixes anywhere, they stay right next to the qt executable and they're fine. Smiley

I suggest reverting to a previous version if you need to use your wallet, I'm sure the dev will deploy a solution for this promptly when he's conscious.

Yeah, what I would like to do is complete uninstall the wallet. I have multiple copies of the .dat, but yet fail to understand where one restores that after a new wallet installation, or if uninstalling the wallet actually removes that .dat file (where I imagine all the honey juice is stored). I have only a few coins there because I was waiting to get in trouble with the wallet and have backup and need to restore back to business. Once I go through this, I would then stake a lot more to the wallet --so DEV can sleep lol - I will do as you suggest.

I had a very similar issue, even though I was running win 7 x64, it kept giving me the error.  I finally decided to installed the x86 32 bit version on my computer and it worked.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8328

EDIT: Also had to copy these 2 files (msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll) from C:\Windows\System32 to the same folder as the silkcoin-qt.exe. 
fusi0n

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:07:28 AM

TBH, I think anon is a bit overrated. I agree it should come in time but in terms of priority it shouldn't be #1.

BTC doesn't have anon and it hasn't stopped people from using it, LTC doesn't have anon. The general public doesn't really care about it.

We all have fiat bank accounts that we use day to day and do you actually care?

Perhaps the 1% of time/people that would care is if someone is doing something illegal or buying something kinky on the interweb.

tbear

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:09:38 AM

So… what's Silkcoin doing to incorporate an anon solution?  Seems like if you're not working on some sort of anon solution then you're way behind.

I'd rather see the 2FA first.

2FA on a wallet to add a layer of protection to your hot wallets that could make cold storage obsolete is a potential "game changer" as I would expect many other coins to rip it off shortly afterward. That's obviously ignoring everything else already and soon to be awesome about the SC wallet.

Anon later. Tongue

I agree with this. 2FA would be a game changer :-)

Thanks for the new wallet and development road map. Exciting times!

I will continue to hold, accumulate and spread the word about SC.

Keep up the great work Dev & Rest of Silk Coin team!
onecent

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:12:00 AM

TBH, I think anon is a bit overrated. I agree it should come in time but in terms of priority it shouldn't be #1.

BTC doesn't have anon and it hasn't stopped people from using it, LTC doesn't have anon. The general public doesn't really care about it.

We all have fiat bank accounts that we use day to day and do you actually care?

Perhaps the 1% of time/people that would care is if someone is doing something illegal or buying something kinky on the interweb.

+1
aragoon

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:17:27 AM

Probably most people don't want complete anonymity but I think they want privacy. Businesses do not want competitors to be able to view the details of their financial resources or transactions. On an individual basis, I don't want people nosing into my transactions although I have no objection to official and duly authorised agencies seeing whatever they want. Anonymity and privacy are not the same thing. But, yes, the current obsession has more to do with hype and profits than the wishes of ultimate users of any currency.
Amazing coin and devs. Keep it up.
fusi0n

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:07:21 AM

Probably most people don't want complete anonymity but I think they want privacy. Businesses do not want competitors to be able to view the details of their financial resources or transactions. On an individual basis, I don't want people nosing into my transactions although I have no objection to official and duly authorised agencies seeing whatever they want. Anonymity and privacy are not the same thing. But, yes, the current obsession has more to do with hype and profits than the wishes of ultimate users of any currency.
Amazing coin and devs. Keep it up.

You might be on to something there... it's all about what you name it. Words have meaning and impact.

So instead of doing anon, Silk could focus on privacy.

I might give this a good think, and see if I can come up with something.

I work in IT and have been for the past 15yrs (still young =p). Started as a dev and in management now but complex ideas and algo's still get me going.  Smiley
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 06:12:22 AM

As promised the new wallet version is out today. And as always I'll update you with the latest news from the devs.

--Update is not mandatory--

-- Mac will be released later tonight, I'm going to get the mac right now to build the compile--

Let's start by talking about this update.

We listened to all you had to say and tried our best to improve the current wallet and solve all the current bugs and glitches.

*Lot's of UI improvements, fonts more readable, visual glitches solved ui parts finished. Also a few network bugs were solved.
*An unlock button right in your Dashboard, just beside the stacking tutorial for new comers.
*A whole new Market Data tab with MintPal, Bittrex and Cryptsy integrated. You asked for Mintpal and an overview panel, you got it Smiley. This is in prevision of the next update built-in exchanger, I'll talk about that later in this post.
*A few IRC bugs solved, as you may have noticed the client was still in construction. No more points instead of spaces and a much better response time.
*And yes we also integrated the "Minimize to taskbar" button on top of the "Minimize to tray" since a lot of you complained about missing it.

Now let's talk about the roadmap.. Most of the time as you have seen in the past we prefer releasing than talking about it for days because announcing great features always bring haters, fudders, impatients and pumpers. But this time I'll let you know a bit more what the current plans are and what the future holds for Silkcoin.

Next Update :

Will be in ~10 days, we will integrate the exchange feature into the market tab and a trading bot is coming but it's not 100% sure it will be included in the next release with trading.
Due to a big community demand games will be integrated in the wallet, at first it will be a simple betting game but we plan to expand this area in the future.
Also a big rework is being done on the IRC tab. After the next update we'll start to have a decent wallet  Wink.

The eco-system :

The release of the white paper is still planned for the end of the week so I will not talk a lot about it this time. If everything goes well we will start the beta phase about 2 weeks after the white paper, the beta should not last for long as the system is already very solid and we're constantly running tests.

For those of you who were criticizing the lack of information, I will still give you the same arguments : we started Silkcoin without talking about the eco-system and did not want to unveil it so soon because we knew without a white paper it would attract fudders & paranoïa. Also a lot of "secrets" are present in this white paper, we want to make sure we're advanced enough on the development side before making it public. But I reassure you, it's not quite finished I'm not making you wait Wink.

Anyway it's been 1 month and 8 days, judge by what you seen. We're at the 5th update and our community is growing stronger everyday, the wallet is now far away from the others and even if you look at our clones they can't even hold the speed of our updates or worse can't even copy our existing features.

Dev Roadmap:

Here is the order of priority and how the most important events of silkcoin are supposed to happen in the next 30 days:

- First the release of the White Paper Friday.
- Followed by a big update including the built-in exchanger and first game
- Private beta for the eco-system will begin
- Then we'll launch the Multi-pool, we're already talking with a few pool managers who are interested in working with us, but we haven't decided yet; We may build it ourself.
- The launch of the Eco-system with social features and decentralized exchanger. For now this is planned in ~1 month, it can be faster but it can also be delayed.
- The launch of the decentralized marketplace, yes we reconsidered it and we will launch the marketplace with a trust system we'll explain later.

The rest of the roadmap is still uncertain regarding timeframes but will include for sure :

- 2FA authentification, our devs have already started the work on double signatures this is not going to be a very long dev so it may come as a surprise feature Wink.
- Blockchain games in the wallet, followed by network games (all betting games, first game will be introduced next release).
Once again most of the time I prefer avoiding the subject because it atracts and feeds fudders and also because this is not the main feature, the eco-system is.
- A few other functions for the eco-system we currently looking what we could do without bloating the blockchain. You'll understand soon why we have endless possibilities when you read the white paper Smiley.

Well now you know what to expect.

Enjoy the new version, enjoy Silkcoin and good trades to you !

See you Friday for the white paper  Cool

Ps : I'm updating all links with the new wallet

WOW!!!!  Shocked

Talk about inspiring confidence in new investors!!!! Shocked I made up my mind and decided to invest more and increase my stash of SC immediately after reading this awesome post by the dev!!  Grin
Everything is mapped out nicely, clear plans, the dev team is professional and committed. This coin knows where it's headed and that is something very reassuring indeed  Smiley
I'm def in for the long haul!  Grin Grin

Windows wallet working like a charm on win7. Smooth update.

Awesome work dev!!  Cool
cointrader2014

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:54:24 AM

I wish Silk would start a country and I could be a citizen....
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: