Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
crayg

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:54:52 PM

I have no sympathy for people who missed the ICO. The countdown site was up for a week. Most that are complaining are traders bummed they missed an opp at cheap VRM. I see this as a LT investment. If you want to get in do your research, know what you're getting into and follow the directions laid out for the ICO.

Been following this team/community for 2+ years and am happy I've stuck with VRC. I can appreciate Doug and Pat's "put your nose to the ground and get shit done by developing new tech" mentality and think it is a refreshing contrast to a lot of the egomaniacs in the crypto space. On top of this, they are innovating and sticking to what they know, blockchains with a cash/commodity purpose. I'm a big fan of KISS and taking your time to get things correct the first time and this team is the epitome of that mentality.

I feel bad cause that means they had interest.  As a community it's our job to get the casual interested person informed. Gotnto get away from the cult followers mentality

Definitely agree with you there, a lot more can be done to educate new users, but there's only so much <5 people can do. Hopefully the ICO funds will help make education and marketing more of a priority going forward. To dismiss the project as a scam bc you missed out is petty though.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 04:06:33 PM

Hey guys been reading some complaints about system.  We did GMT because it is the Universal standard time, or as fair as we can do, and it is what the blockchain uses, so it is clear on which day your investment came in on.  We had a timer running for days to make sure people would know exactly when it started, because it was first come first serve.  We did not expect to sell out this fast and that resulted in anyone who was not fully focused on it missing out, but this is the result of the market with all given the same information.  In fact after the almost 40% drop in the price of VRC post phase 1, you can get a VRM for the same price in USD you could yesterday at 6/1 assuming an approximate 10/1 in phase 2. 
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:39:39 PM

All information has been available for weeks, they even had a count down timer! How the hell do you miss that!

No one could predict the demand for Verium, now the people who missed out are pissed and butt hurt automatically calling "Scam" or Dev's are trying to leave. Devs arent going anywhere, 2+ years of development and more to come.

This exactly why the Vericoin left Bitcoin talk, bunch of children!
xtrembash

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:41:40 PM

wtf
i m a long vrc holder
and i m not able to buy some vrm ....
even i can't mine it atm..

need to wait 11 days en 7 hours in order to buy it (maybe) at the highest ratio exchange ...

dat so unfair  lol

golfhuso

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:09:15 PM

Guess many people like me missed the first round. I didn't think it will finish in one day.

▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
            ▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
[]▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
MAD945

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:12:34 PM

wtf
i m a long vrc holder
and i m not able to buy some vrm ....
even i can't mine it atm..

need to wait 11 days en 7 hours in order to buy it (maybe) at the highest ratio exchange ...

dat so unfair  lol

People who are in the Top 250 wallets and that have been staking the network will receive 1 VRM for every 500 VRC you hold at the end of the ICO.

Life's not far guys but there will be more operatunities going forward to buy which will be in high demand.
warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:18:26 PM

I have no sympathy for people who missed the ICO. The countdown site was up for a week. Most that are complaining are traders bummed they missed an opp at cheap VRM. I see this as a LT investment. If you want to get in do your research, know what you're getting into and follow the directions laid out for the ICO.

Been following this team/community for 2+ years and am happy I've stuck with VRC. I can appreciate Doug and Pat's "put your nose to the ground and get shit done by developing new tech" mentality and think it is a refreshing contrast to a lot of the egomaniacs in the crypto space. On top of this, they are innovating and sticking to what they know, blockchains with a cash/commodity purpose. I'm a big fan of KISS and taking your time to get things correct the first time and this team is the epitome of that mentality.

I feel bad cause that means they had interest.  As a community it's our job to get the casual interested person informed. Gottaget away from the cult followers mentality

Yes, they had interest. But we made it very clear how the ICO would work a month in advance. We had a timer site up for a week. It's not like we just randomly started it and boom it ended. People that invest in stuff like digital currency need to do their own due diligence.

Yes you made it very clear I'm not saying you didn't and I'm not saying it was unfair from from it.  But I've stated it all day what can we do better to promote the message more that's all that's not saying anything was done wrong but always have to strive to do better.
Perryl

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:23:32 PM

I feel bad cause that means they had interest.  As a community it's our job to get the casual interested person informed. Gotnto get away from the cult followers mentality

Key word, had.

I viewed the thread when the ICO was announced. I scheduled an alarm on my phone for 8 am this morning, EST. Was I a bit late? Sure. Why did I set 8 am on the 20th? I can't remember. Which is why I said the piece about not screenshotting the thread. I looking in the OP and didn't see anything for a timer, didn't see anything about the ICO (aside from trade values). I only found out that phase 1 was already done because of the amount of people upset about it. There 100's of ways you could have prevented all of this bitching in this thread, but who cares? Right? Only enough that one whale could buy the whole thing without a flinch. Which is likely what happened.

Not how I do things. I sold my coins and won't bother now. With 1000 coins to choose from it's really no skin off my back. Does it upset me that I missed out? Yes. Do I think it's due to bad planning? Yes. Do I think this is a scam? I assume all are a scam until proven otherwise. Did you prove me otherwise? No.

For all I know the dev bought them all. Or had a group of friends buy them all. 4 hours is very fast, glad you guys have such interest, but I'm pretty confident that you have a lot more pissed off people than happy people, many of which have been here for the last 2 years. Unlike me. I would have been a new face. You have a 900 page thread here. If I need to read all 900 pages to get the information I need then this coin is not worth my time.

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me? Time is money.

This will be my last post on this thread. Good luck with your ICO and the future of your coin.
Mercurius777

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:39:32 PM

can anyone please tell me what 'GUESSTIMATED WALLET', in the details section of my VERIUM ICO Wallet, stands for?

That would be much appreciated
cheers
What site are you using? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/vrc/ ?

Yes, that's the one
It relies on various forms of taint analysis to aggregate multiple addresses in the same wallet.
The figures given are thus under-estimation, ie. the actual wallets probably hold more worth than listed, and smaller wallets or individual addresses could actually be part of a larger wallet.

Thanks for the input!
ok i think i get it. But that still doesn't answer the question I've been asking myself. Did my VRC Coins make it in time for round 1?
The timestamp for the transaction states:    2016-07-20 04:38:40 (GMT+1)
According to the twitter post I should have made it, close...
Worst scenario I have to wait to find out, could be worse ^^

Send an email with transaction details and addresses to vericoin@vericoin.info and we will look into it.

Will do, thanks in advance for the top support! (:
Jootje

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:49:03 PM

It is easy to call vericoin a scam after you missed the first ico. It was cleary said that it would start the 20th of July. Yes the first ico was sold out quickly but thats the market. If media markt would put a nice offer for a new television for tomorrow at40% discount it would also get sold out after a while. Instead of complaining about it if you would have bought vericoin today when it was in the lower 12k you would have had almost the same price like the first ico. I am in this coin from the beginning, may 2014 if i am correct and never saw a team that dedicated to a coin like Vericoins team. This is a coin for the longterm not a pump and dumpcoin like 90% of the other Coins. On the other hand verium is there also to make vericoin stronger so its not or...or.. But vericoin AND verium. If you only have vericoin you will see the profit in the longterm as well. Because verium is there to make vericoin stronger as well. Guys keep up the good work and remember trolls are there always if not people wouldnt get interested in it neither.

Take care
MAD945

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:44:26 PM

Guess many people like me missed the first round. I didn't think it will finish in one day.

No one could of guessed this but people believe in VRC Devs and team and the initial demand shows that.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:55:43 PM

No one could of guessed this but people believe in VRC Devs and team and the initial demand shows that.

yeah...bagholders show that LOL
warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:14:18 PM

Key word, had.

I viewed the thread when the ICO was announced. I scheduled an alarm on my phone for 8 am this morning, EST. Was I a bit late? Sure. Why did I set 8 am on the 20th? I can't remember. Which is why I said the piece about not screenshotting the thread. I looking in the OP and didn't see anything for a timer, didn't see anything about the ICO (aside from trade values). I only found out that phase 1 was already done because of the amount of people upset about it. There 100's of ways you could have prevented all of this bitching in this thread, but who cares? Right? Only enough that one whale could buy the whole thing without a flinch. Which is likely what happened.

Not how I do things. I sold my coins and won't bother now. With 1000 coins to choose from it's really no skin off my back. Does it upset me that I missed out? Yes. Do I think it's due to bad planning? Yes. Do I think this is a scam? I assume all are a scam until proven otherwise. Did you prove me otherwise? No.

For all I know the dev bought them all. Or had a group of friends buy them all. 4 hours is very fast, glad you guys have such interest, but I'm pretty confident that you have a lot more pissed off people than happy people, many of which have been here for the last 2 years. Unlike me. I would have been a new face. You have a 900 page thread here. If I need to read all 900 pages to get the information I need then this coin is not worth my time.

This will be my last post on this thread. Good luck with your ICO and the future of your coin.

So you set an alarm with no explanation wake up no idea why get your pussy hurt so it's all whales and scams. Good that you sold your coins your cause your stupid...lol  Like I said I feel bad for thoses that miss out and the communication could of been better but to make claims with out facts then you sound dumb.  So bye Felicia!! FYI you didn't need to read 909 pages you needed to ask a few questions!! There would of been people happy and ready to answer.
MadMax2

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:18:58 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2016, 07:43:17 PM by MadMax2

A lot of people are disappointed that they did not get the chance to get involved in the swap last night. However, the purpose of the ICO was to create an optimum amount of initial supply of Verium, that would set the foundation for a strong crypto ecosystem.

It was not the plan to create a pump and dump party, with a huge amount of cheap Verium. That would have caused a lot of harm to the Vericoin / Verium project by diluting the value of the coins.

I have been investing in Vericoin since July 2014, and I too missed out on the ICO. I'm in Europe, and didn't feel like waking up at 3am to buy coins, since I had to work today. That was my choice, and I own it. The dates for the ICO were published a while ago, and there isn't much more that the community could have done to make people aware of the date and timings.

I must admit I was a little pissed off for about 2mins, since I did not manage to get involved in the ICO, however, there is phase 2 of the ICO starting in a few days, which will allow investors a second chance to get involved.

Also the fact that the ICO sold out so quickly is a real positive, since it shows that the excitement is building around the Vericoin project.

It is important to note all of the various benefits Verium will bring to the complete ecosystem. Even if I didn't manage to get any Verium from phase 2, then I will continue to invest in Vericoin. In fact, I will ramp up my investment because I am excited about the project.

This will be a cohesive two blockchain ecosystem.  Once Verium is pared with Vericoin, this will bring more security, faster transaction times and lower fees in Vericoin the currency. Verium will automatically address the scalability issues seen with Bitcoin regarding latency but not data size. However, data size isn't an issue because PoWT block times will vary and Verium (the commodity) will bring value into Vericoin (the currency).

What I think we all need to do now is spread the word about how much this VRC/VRM has to offer, since I do not think that is completely clear to everyone.

If you missed the ICO, like I did, the best thing to do is staking your coins, and then you will get some free Verium after the ICO period.  Then try to get involved in phase 2 of the ICO.  

This is just the beginning of the Vericoin journey, so not time to sell of give up just yet.

I hope you stick around to enjoy the journey!
pnosker

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:37:04 PM

Key word, had.

It was a serious oversight for us not to post the ICO link and timer on our homepage. Thanks for calling that out. We will certainly have it up for the second phase. We didn't realize that would be an issue but it clearly was.

Realistically, we didn't expect to even sell all 350K VRM in the first phase.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
pnosker

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:49:48 PM

Significantly, also, the VRC price is now 20-40% less than it was over the past weeks. That means the 10:1 swap ratio, even though it's higher than 6:1, is a lot closer in terms of BTC price per VRM.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:31:55 PM

For anyone who's interested here is my analysis of the post Phase 1 ICO: https://steemit.com/investments/@dogguy/verium-vericoin-vrc-ipo-where-we-stand-after-phase-1

I tried my best to provide an unbiased opinion Wink
menace.bit

Activity: 457

Generation Blockchain.

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:59:44 PM

Nice. Phase 1 ICO sold out the 350000 VRM in less than 4 hours.

Now have to wait for Phase 2 to get some.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 11:25:52 PM

Nice. Phase 1 ICO sold out the 350000 VRM in less than 4 hours.

Now have to wait for Phase 2 to get some.

A number of prospective VRM buyers were waiting to see how Phase 1 went. If it was very slow, they would probably have decided not to invest.

The ratio of 10 to 1  is not so different from 6 to 1 for holders (for speculators maybe): what is more important is the longer term viability and growth of the project and the early indications are better if Phase 1 sells out fast.
FANCIER

Activity: 207
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 09:07:02 AM

Verium/Vericoin (VRC) IPO - Where We Stand After Phase 1

https://steemit.com/investments/@dogguy/verium-vericoin-vrc-ipo-where-we-stand-after-phase-1

WordPress Themes That Empower 437,821 Customers.
http://www.elegantthemes.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=40460
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: