Bitcoin Forum
September 14, 2024, 03:59:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 ... 959 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355738 times)
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:09:27 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 11:20:44 AM by drakoin

> It seems you may need to reload the block as well.
Sigh, yes, and I did it the hard way. 45680 blocks to  go ...

What about telling everyone:

Windows wallet:
http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoin_1.4.1.exe

If on windows uninstall first, in remove programs, then install.

blockchain download: www.vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat

And ... change the version number, please, if it's really v1.4.1.2

no sign of a signature
drakoin

see my profile

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:17:59 AM

>  download on the website www.vericoin.info
--> http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoin_1.4.1.exe
BUT that IS STILL CALLED VeriCoin_1.4.1.exe  Embarrassed  
If on windows uninstall first, in remove programs, then install.

Yes, NOW it is really version v1.4.1.2-g32a928e  - finally. That was unnecessarily complicated.

However, the file properties of "vericoin-qt.exe" still say "File version/Product version: 1.4.1.0", but now "Date modified 3/10/2014 08:34"

And please update the name of the installer to VeriCoin_1.4.1.2.exe  - thx.

no sign of a signature
drakoin

see my profile

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:19:07 AM

Trying out the in-wallet "buy VRC" function... litebit.eu

Bug report:
The radio buttons (payment method, male-female, ...) are jumping around without clicks, just by mouse-over.  

VRC v1.4.1.1-g32a928e on windows7sp1

Pls update to the newest wallet 1.4.1.2 should be the download on the website www.vericoin.info , just install on the top of it.

I have updated, to v1.4.1.2-g32a928e

Problem remains.

no sign of a signature
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:44:50 AM

Bug report:
The radio buttons (payment method, male-female, ...) are jumping around without clicks, just by mouse-over.  

Pls update to the newest wallet 1.4.1.2 should be the download on the website www.vericoin.info , just install on the top of it.

Problem remains.

check vericoinforums.com its much more active

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
drakoin

see my profile

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:34:31 PM

Bug report:

Problem remains.

this is just a bug report. Act on it, or not. I have now done what I could.

no sign of a signature
ereborltc

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:54:10 PM

Bug report:

Problem remains.

this is just a bug report. Act on it, or not. I have now done what I could.
gottcha Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:52:50 PM

cloud storage , thats a joke right ?
who but criminals would have use of such a thing?

can anyone give me one real life example of someone that would use this?
that google does not offer today.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
ereborltc

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:12:54 AM

Can u name me 1 decentralized cloud storage?

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
CryptScout

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:13:42 AM

We've got a new page just for Vericoin - http://cryptscout.com/coins/Vericoin/ - Get the latest prices, tweets, news, forum threads & everything in-between Smiley
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:23:41 AM

The uses are unlimited. You can make anything accessible from a mobile device. Music, photo's, books, personal publishing. blogs, records, titles/deeds, sales sites, trading. All by using the  features of the SuperNET through VRC and providing complete anonimity/private. Wanting privacy doesn't mean your doing something illicit. My business is " nobody's business"but my own.

Competitive pricing will take away from present provider Google and put reveune in the pockets of the people who will monetise the Disk space surplus. It's a more efficent use of resources all around as well as redistribute the wealth with individuals  able to compete with a few clicks and no need to create an infrastucture to do it.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:42:48 AM

Now i understand the price drop better.

Anon sent was to shady but we can agree on this ? how does that work.
Ive been in vrc for many months and sadly im starting to agree more and more with barabas.
If he wasnt so long winded and such a patronizing douchebag from time to time he would be a great asset as the voice of the people.

There are many coins in SuperNet pick another one for the cloud.

I have no idea how u think you can provide quality of service , unless u plug into a datacenter. (let me guess there will be a million people renting out diskspace at launch)
The competitive pricing comes from people not taking their electric bill and hardware costs into account.
arent there also Legual issues im sure internet providers have huge lists of rules about what u can and cant do , renting out their bandwith to a third party i would assume beeing one of them.
Im sure they wont come after the little guy , but they will know where to find u.

call it fud or whatever u want , but i doubt im the only one that feels this way.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
pkobse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:49:36 AM

Decentralized cloud storage?
So you want me to pay some fee to John in US, Harry in UK and Jarek in Poland (I assume redundancy) and upload my semi important document on their HDDs.
What will happen and who will reimburse me, if in one month time I will need my file and I found out that Johns HDD went down, Harrys computer is off, as he is on holiday and Jareks one is offline for some reason as well?
And that's only quick thought.

BTC 1C9FGy8kUTF1R21bhLyzXQHDjm87xoRenn,
LTC LXZ7xhLYJU4K8zdtdYc89o81NgwXbSwEbC
or DOGE DKJDnR8deKGRRbFWCnsSDz15ha5t43B75B. :-)
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 02:59:31 AM

So you want me to pay some fee to John in US, Harry in UK and Jarek in Poland (I assume redundancy) and upload my semi important document on their HDDs.
What will happen and who will reimburse me, if in one month time I will need my file and I found out that Johns HDD went down, Harrys computer is off, as he is on holiday and Jareks one is offline for some reason as well?

Hmm this is a good question , how you ensure that the data are available 24/7 ?  Even if its mirrored on 100 disks , there is a possibilty that all are down, when I need my data.
btcsnippers

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:21:20 AM

Hmm this is a good question , how you ensure that the data are available 24/7 ?  Even if its mirrored on 100 disks , there is a possibilty that all are down, when I need my data.

Short answer they cant.
The whole idea has a ton of holes in it.
Im glad because i really wouldnt want to see vrc go down this road.
johncarpe64

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:27:15 AM

We've got a new page just for Vericoin - http://cryptscout.com/coins/Vericoin/ - Get the latest prices, tweets, news, forum threads & everything in-between Smiley

very nice website, are you working on mobile platform.
inigthz

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:18:08 AM

Anyone can help me?? I sent vrc to bittrex. But till now doesn't received.

How to fix this??
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:22:27 AM

All good points except for the one about anon.

I'm a big believer in NOT being anonymous. My association with crypto folks have lead me to amend my views.

Recent goverment  strong arming of large data communication providers brings into question the enroachment on basic freedoms.

Other than that confidential data needs to be secure from prying eyes.

It isn't just badguys who use anon. They may have been the first to capitalise but your personal financial, and Medical records are a prime example of things the every day citizen should be able to keep private,

Now that there is an absolute anon solution it should be avaiable to anyone who desires complete privacy.

All the data you're concerned about accessing  when HD's are off line are ameliorated by them being avaiable in the cloud. The solution being prepared is  "decentralised cloud storage'.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:56:07 AM

Now i understand the price drop better.

Anon sent was to shady but we can agree on this ?  how does that work.

Ive been in vrc for many months and sadly im starting to agree more and more with barabas.
If he wasnt so long winded and such a patronizing douchebag from time to time he would be a great asset as the voice of the people.

There are many coins in SuperNet pick another one for the cloud. The more coin the better, I will not explain as I will leave something for you to figure out.... this is an easy one.

I have no idea how u think you can provide quality of service , unless u plug into a datacenter. (let me guess there will be a million people renting out diskspace at launch)
It is true you have no idea, happy you are honest about that. Can you be a litte more vague ROFL "into a datacenter ?" What kind of datacenter are you speaking of ? Old school AS/400 ? What is in your datacenter Sir, what are you talking about. A data center full of SAN's maybe, vSphere architecture ? This sounds like someone who has no idea what he is speaking of and just spitting out words like datacenter... Go read a book about datacenters then learn about how to implement them in the cloud then maybe you will understand why your statement for needing a datacenter makes no sense.

The competitive pricing comes from people not taking their electric bill and hardware costs into account.

It does this is why it will be cheaper then you precious centralized google, all your files can be viewed by all google personnel FYI. Do you trust naked pictures of you chik on google or a more decentralized, less targetable solution with more security enable by the block chain in various methods.   

arent there also Legual issues im sure internet providers have huge lists of rules about what u can and cant do , renting out their bandwith to a third party i would assume beeing one of them.
Im sure they wont come after the little guy , but they will know where to find u.

call it fud or whatever u want , but i doubt im the only one that feels this way.
Who are they ? Once again what are you talking about ? Legal Issues mirrored blockchains ? Decentralized information through blockchain tech through cloud raid ? "They" Cannot even regulate bitcoin properly, WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION.

Renting through third party ISP's ? When you run Kazaa or Bearshare or limewire or soulseek or Bittorrent client, etc.. you must know that running these is running a server which does violate your TOS with your ISP.  Can they prove you are running it ? and if so will they shut down half of all their accounts because of it ? NO, they increased everyone bandwidth and made it easier, no company wants to lose customers for these small issues. Bandwidth is not an issue. I hope I helped a little in your silly technical but not technical at all rant above.

NOBODY SHOULD FEEL THIS WAY BECAUSE I CAN THESE DAYS DOWNLOAD MOVIES FASTER THEN I EVER COULD, GET MUSIC, ETC. Have "They" been able to stop it ? no it just gets better and better as they keep trying to stop it because people like the VRC/SuperNET Dev team keep coming up with innovations that trump yesterdays tech that "They" are still looking at as we are always 10 steps ahead. This is a developers world do not try to understand instead ask a good developer like James or Doug to help you understand what you do not. 

.....and I yield back the balance of my time.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:30:59 AM

And now we have just entered full nutcase territory...

Oh well people, as usual, real common-sensical people, knows way better than nutcases that store nude pics of their chicks -just how extended is that particular practice?- and hence why, again, VRC is goin straght down to the point of no return...
You people, the nutcases, have not seen what has happened and continue happening to ALL anon coins, including Dark? This will BEVER work. Ever. Anon is vapor. Everyone is identifiable at point of entry (into the net).

VRC: currency, not business... most particularly not a business destined to fail.

End of story.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:01:37 AM

And now we have just entered full nutcase territory...

Oh well people, as usual, real common-sensical people, knows way better than nutcases that store nude pics of their chicks -just how extended is that particular practice?- and hence why, again, VRC is goin straght down to the point of no return...
You people, the nutcases, have not seen what has happened and continue happening to ALL anon coins, including Dark? This will BEVER work. Ever. Anon is vapor. Everyone is identifiable at point of entry (into the net).

VRC: currency, not business... most particularly not a business destined to fail.

End of story.

Yes barb you are the most Identifiable, and I love nude pics of my chik lol stop being such a dumbass close minded prick you always are. If the coins fail then let them fail no one needs anyone to point that out lol, But you should appreciate the people trying to bring you the technology.

Cough Cough, "Anon is vapor" That is the most vague dumbest thing I ever heard you say. I thought at least you had some bits of technical knowledge but anyway, You also make no sense. try again buddy maybe one day you will say something a little more then anon is vapor, everyone is identifiable lol. Really Stupid Man. But once again people FUD has a purpose here this is why every coin has their own forums because Barabus is blacklisted on most of them. Purpose it to scare you into selling... them buying and profiting on the FUD they create. Just research Barabus and you will find the scams he has been up to and the communities he has used the same FUD tactics on to accomplish the same goals.
Pages: « 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 ... 959 »
  Print  

Jump to: