Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:31:23 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]CureCoin - CURECOIN TEAM HAS TAKEN RANK 1 ON FOLDING@HOME!!!  (Read 665817 times)
ComputerGenie

Activity: 490

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:00:52 AM

Staking is not mining...
From a deeply technical aspect, it kinda is.

..."PoW mined" IMO would be better as "PoW earned" or "PoW earnings" or even "PoW compensation" since it's NOT mining....
If, in your mind, PoW isn't mining and PoS isn't mining, then what is?  Huh

...I'd also prefer to see "PoF" (Proof of Folded) instead of "PoW" but I don't really feel strongly about that as Folding IS a form of work done....
I like that distinction, because most people are already confused about the difference between folding and mining. Perhaps even "PoFW" (Proof of Folded Work)?

If you have to ask why, you wouldn`t understand my answer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoCanary

Activity: 842

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:20:37 AM

Staking is not mining.

"POS earned" or "POS earnings" would be a MUCH better option.

"PoW mined" IMO would be better as "PoW earned" or "PoW earnings" or even "PoW compensation" since it's NOT mining.

I'd also prefer to see "PoF" (Proof of Folded) instead of "PoW" but I don't really feel strongly about that as Folding IS a form of work done.

Staking is processing the blockchain for which you are rewarded newly created coins, hence, "mining". Yes. As are PoW blocks, certainly.

Your folding rewards are sent as transactions on the CUR network. Folding happens outside of the CUR blockchain. The only relation folding has to the CUR blockchain is transactions happen on the CUR blockchain because people are being compensated with CUR.

POF is a fictitious term. I advise not misleading people with fictitious terms and stick to the correct terminology.

CryptoCanary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:14:35 PM

EDIT: TY Kyle, for the better screenshot!

EDIT 2:

QuintLeo

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:48:14 AM

Staking is not mining...
From a deeply technical aspect, it kinda is.

..."PoW mined" IMO would be better as "PoW earned" or "PoW earnings" or even "PoW compensation" since it's NOT mining....
If, in your mind, PoW isn't mining and PoS isn't mining, then what is?  Huh

...I'd also prefer to see "PoF" (Proof of Folded) instead of "PoW" but I don't really feel strongly about that as Folding IS a form of work done....
I like that distinction, because most people are already confused about the difference between folding and mining. Perhaps even "PoFW" (Proof of Folded Work)?

The stuff the SHA256 folks do for CURE to secure the block chain is mining.
 The folding most of us do to earn CURE rewards is NOT mining.
 Both however can be considered to be a form of Proof of Work, for a wide enough definition of the term.

Staking is more like earning interest, it's not really MINING.

PoFW ... works - and would differentiate between the folks that ARE mining and folks like me that are FOLDING, which might reduce some of the confusion between the two.

To CryptoCanary - the current "official terminology" does NOT make sense for CureCoin as structured and is CONFUSING AND MISLEADING.
 IMO it is NOT "correct terminology" at all.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:13:49 AM

...POF is a fictitious term. I advise not misleading people with fictitious terms and stick to the correct terminology.
While I do see that any terminology in order to label folding payments would require a softfork (most likely for the addition of a new opcode), I'm also able to see that the term "masternode" was "fictitious" until it wasn't. Wink

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:31:18 AM

...The stuff the SHA256 folks do for CURE to secure the block chain is mining....Staking is more like earning interest, it's not really MINING....
A PoS block does require the stakeholder to do the work of building a valid SHA256 block. When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it, every PoS block is just a ultra-low difficulty block. The only real difference between PoW and PoS (aside from difficulty and amount of reward) is that, in the "main" (coinbase) transaction, PoW merely adds new coins and PoS includes staked coins into the transaction to "alter" the "age" of the coins.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:22:05 PM

Code:
Current Reward:13 Block Diff:783,665,435.3439578
Shexy  Cool

seasonw

Activity: 448

AGw8H3S73qpR6fecRUr5dYUpwvcvMeQfbL

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:56:06 AM

How long does it take to start staking curecoin? 24 hours?

And I notice that the encrypted wallet from Windows cannot be shared with Linux wallet, problem is: the passphrase is incorrect. Un-encrypted wallet works fine to share in both Windows and Linux.

█████  ██      ████████  ██████  ██████  ███    ███ ███    ███ ██    ██ ███    ██ ██ ████████ ██    ██      ██████  ██████  ██ ███    ██
██   ██ ██         ██    ██      ██    ██ ████  ████ ████  ████ ██    ██ ████   ██ ██    ██     ██  ██      ██      ██    ██ ██ ████   ██
███████ ██         ██    ██      ██    ██ ██ ████ ██ ██ ████ ██ ██    ██ ██ ██  ██ ██    ██      ████       ██      ██    ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
██   ██ ██         ██    ██      ██    ██ ██  ██  ██ ██  ██  ██ ██    ██ ██  ██ ██ ██    ██       ██        ██      ██    ██ ██ ██  ██ ██
██   ██ ███████    ██     ██████  ██████  ██      ██ ██      ██  ██████  ██   ████ ██    ██       ██         ██████  ██████  ██ ██   ████

▄█████▄▄      ▄▄█▄▄      ▄▄█████▄   
 ▄██████████▄  █████████  ▄██████████▄
█████████████▄ █████████ ▄█████████████
 ████████████  █████████  ████████████
  ▀████████▀  ███████████  ▀████████▀   
 ▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄ 
 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██ 
▄██████████████████ ██████████████████▄
██████████████████   ██████████████████
█████████████████     █████████████████
███████████████         ███████████████
 ████████████             ████████████
 ███████████               ███████████
  █████████▀               ▀█████████ 
   ████████                 ████████   
     █████▀                 ▀█████     
      ▀███                   ███▀       
         █                   █           

██     ██ ███████     ██████  ███████  ██████ ██ ██████  ███████     ████████ ██   ██ ███████     ███████ ██    ██ ████████ ██    ██ ██████  ███████
██     ██ ██          ██   ██ ██      ██      ██ ██   ██ ██             ██    ██   ██ ██          ██      ██    ██    ██    ██    ██ ██   ██ ██     
██  █  ██ █████       ██   ██ █████   ██      ██ ██   ██ █████          ██    ███████ █████       █████   ██    ██    ██    ██    ██ ██████  █████   
██ ███ ██ ██          ██   ██ ██      ██      ██ ██   ██ ██             ██    ██   ██ ██          ██      ██    ██    ██    ██    ██ ██   ██ ██     
 ███ ███  ███████     ██████  ███████  ██████ ██ ██████  ███████        ██    ██   ██ ███████     ██       ██████     ██     ██████  ██   ██ ███████
 ANN  BOUNTY  SONOHUB  eSPORTS  WEBWALLET 
Hou5e

Activity: 46

Level 5 Legendary Folder

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:26:17 PM

CureCoin POS description: https://curecoin.net/knowledge-base/mining-curecoin/what-are-the-proof-of-stake-details/

Do Folding@Home and be rewarded with FoldingCoin & CureCoin Digital Assets!
shaka256

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:15:32 PM

According to extremeoverclocking today we have just overtaken the Default "team"!  Cool

Right now Curecoin team is delivering 38.8% of 24h average total PPD, which is as much as the next 21 best teams together Smiley
Also 60% of TOP10 Folders (edit: in terms of PPD) are from Curecoin team.
And 55% of TOP100 Folders (edit: in terms of PPD).

In about one month we should be #1!!!
seasonw

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:43:23 AM

According to extremeoverclocking today we have just overtaken the Default "team"!  Cool

Right now Curecoin team is delivering 38.8% of 24h average total PPD, which is as much as the next 21 best teams together Smiley
Also 60% of TOP10 Folders are from Curecoin team.
And 55% of TOP100 Folders.

Cool, actually curecoin has over 700 million points per day, which is huge compared to other team. Should be able to overtake evga and become number ONE soon as you mentioned Smiley

█████  ██      ████████  ██████  ██████  ███    ███ ███    ███ ██    ██ ███    ██ ██ ████████ ██    ██      ██████  ██████  ██ ███    ██
██   ██ ██         ██    ██      ██    ██ ████  ████ ████  ████ ██    ██ ████   ██ ██    ██     ██  ██      ██      ██    ██ ██ ████   ██
███████ ██         ██    ██      ██    ██ ██ ████ ██ ██ ████ ██ ██    ██ ██ ██  ██ ██    ██      ████       ██      ██    ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
██   ██ ██         ██    ██      ██    ██ ██  ██  ██ ██  ██  ██ ██    ██ ██  ██ ██ ██    ██       ██        ██      ██    ██ ██ ██  ██ ██
██   ██ ███████    ██     ██████  ██████  ██      ██ ██      ██  ██████  ██   ████ ██    ██       ██         ██████  ██████  ██ ██   ████

█                   █           

██     ██ ███████     ██████  ███████  ██████ ██ ██████  ███████     ████████ ██   ██ ███████     ███████ ██    ██ ████████ ██    ██ ██████  ███████
██     ██ ██          ██   ██ ██      ██      ██ ██   ██ ██             ██    ██   ██ ██          ██      ██    ██    ██    ██    ██ ██   ██ ██     
██  █  ██ █████       ██   ██ █████   ██      ██ ██   ██ █████          ██    ███████ █████       █████   ██    ██    ██    ██    ██ ██████  █████   
██ ███ ██ ██          ██   ██ ██      ██      ██ ██   ██ ██             ██    ██   ██ ██          ██      ██    ██    ██    ██    ██ ██   ██ ██     
 ███ ███  ███████     ██████  ███████  ██████ ██ ██████  ███████        ██    ██   ██ ███████     ██       ██████     ██     ██████  ██   ██ ███████
QuintLeo

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:47:31 AM

Probably a bit over a month - EVGA usually has a "surge" early in the month as some folks there earn their "bucks" then turn the rig(s) to doing other stuff.
shaka256

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:18:20 PM

Probably a bit over a month - EVGA usually has a "surge" early in the month as some folks there earn their "bucks" then turn the rig(s) to doing other stuff.

Sure, but my guess is that the continuous increase in our team's PPD will compensate for the EVGA surge.
cygnusxi

Activity: 396

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Also 60% of TOP10 Folders are from Curecoin team.
And 55% of TOP100 Folders.

Cool, actually curecoin has over 700 million points per day, which is huge compared to other team. Should be able to overtake evga and become number ONE soon as you mentioned Smiley

I have rallied the team over the last week and we are working on updates to release in time for the rank 1 overtake and we will also be holding some giveaways and games to celebrate. Rank 1 is the last time we get to celebrate crushing the competition so we intend to take full advantage.

Updates to look for in the next 3-4 weeks::
2 Press releases
Update to the Curecoin wallet
Youtube videos made by an experience vlogger to help newcomer fold and use their CURE tokens
Articles featuring both the commercial folding cloud (Detroit) and the non profit folding cloud (Denver) systems.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
TOYJJWGS

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:05:11 PM

Why use the Chinese name of the currency, it can not see the original intention of this practice, it is not very professional, is a fork, no innovation?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 1456

CVO Diamond Foundation (Visionary)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 01:39:42 PM

2 Press releases
Youtube videos made by an experience vlogger to help newcomer fold and use their CURE tokens
Articles featuring both the commercial folding cloud (Detroit) and the non profit folding cloud (Denver) systems.

sounds good!

i think CURE is one of the most undervalued coins in crypto
not because of its actual state but because of the base idea to reward research
and the upcoming new wallet technology

it could repeat NEM successstory (there coins did increase x400 in $ value...)

seasonw

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:09:41 AM

2 Press releases

sounds good!

i think CURE is one of the most undervalued coins in crypto
not because of its actual state but because of the base idea to reward research
and the upcoming new wallet technology

it could repeat NEM successstory (there coins did increase x400 in $ value...)

Yes, you're right! Curecoin and Foldingcoin are much much undervalue now. It is one of the useful coin and should not in current low price.

BTW, Curecoin is about to halving, right? If it does, price may rise, of course we will be happy to see if x400  Grin

█                   █           

QuintLeo

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:49:24 AM

I don't remember CURE being close to a halfing - FLDC had a halfing recently though, perhaps that is what you're thinking of?

CryptoCanary

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:02:47 AM

I don't remember CURE being close to a halfing - FLDC had a halfing recently though, perhaps that is what you're thinking of?

Just a note, CUR will not half until block 210241 and is currently at 184486. 25755 blocks to go as of the time of this writing.

intec

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:44:19 PM

Is there any similar coin GPU ? ( with similar purposes )

EDIT - I've found out Foldingcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.