Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ]  (Read 93957 times)
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:08:33 PM

NOTICE:

Im aware that some users actually permanently stayed on their backup pools, all I can think is that their backup pool configuration in their miners stuffed up or they didnt update to cgminer 2.4.1

CGMiner 2.4.1. did not resolve this issue, sometimes the pool stays on 'rejecting' state even though it is working fine again

Well that sucks, i thought ckvolas resolved that since whats the purpose of backup pool when primary pool dies but it stays connected to it and just dump shares Sad

It was resolved for everybody else and all other pools. I can testify to this.

It is just your sucky proxy pool that has very high rejects and it keeps getting disabled.

No need to ask ckolivas to change cgminer. 2.4.1 has no bugs AFAIK.

Tell your miners to use the --no-pool-disable switch when at your pool and turn the switch off when at other normal / non-proxying / low reject pools Wink

Good luck !

if it was specific to this pool, all my mining rigs would stay connected to my backup pool.... they don't.... sometimes 1 or 2 of them keep hashing away at the backup pool, while the others happily switch back to Clipse.... seems clear enough to me !

Seems you are right.

I was just reporting that cgminer 2.4.1 does not seem flawed to me.

The pool failover system does work for me while using a normal pool because it detects LP requests. Proxy pools do it differently probably as they don't have their own LP I think.

Carry on and don't let me distract you. I was just saying I believe cgminer is not at fault here. Maybe there is an incompatibility between cgminer and proxy pools due to how LP is handled ?

Not disappointed at all Clipse. On the contrary, I found using your pool much less rewarding compared to a normal pool simply because of the high reject % and that is why I stopped mining.

I gave you a "sorry, let me back in" PM so I could try again and see if the reject ratio went down but you don't like me ... 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:23:17 PM

NOTICE:

Im aware that some users actually permanently stayed on their backup pools, all I can think is that their backup pool configuration in their miners stuffed up or they didnt update to cgminer 2.4.1

CGMiner 2.4.1. did not resolve this issue, sometimes the pool stays on 'rejecting' state even though it is working fine again

Well that sucks, i thought ckvolas resolved that since whats the purpose of backup pool when primary pool dies but it stays connected to it and just dump shares Sad

It was resolved for everybody else and all other pools. I can testify to this.

It is just your sucky proxy pool that has very high rejects and it keeps getting disabled.

No need to ask ckolivas to change cgminer. 2.4.1 has no bugs AFAIK.

Tell your miners to use the --no-pool-disable switch when at your pool and turn the switch off when at other normal / non-proxying / low reject pools Wink

Good luck !

if it was specific to this pool, all my mining rigs would stay connected to my backup pool.... they don't.... sometimes 1 or 2 of them keep hashing away at the backup pool, while the others happily switch back to Clipse.... seems clear enough to me !

Seems you are right.

I was just reporting that cgminer 2.4.1 does not seem flawed to me.

The pool failover system does work for me while using a normal pool because it detects LP requests. Proxy pools do it differently probably as they don't have their own LP I think.

Carry on and don't let me distract you. I was just saying I believe cgminer is not at fault here. Maybe there is an incompatibility between cgminer and proxy pools due to how LP is handled ?

Not disappointed at all Clipse. On the contrary, I found using your pool much less rewarding compared to a normal pool simply because of the high reject % and that is why I stopped mining.

I gave you a "sorry, let me back in" PM so I could try again and see if the reject ratio went down but you don't like me ... 

..And I didnt let you back in purely based on your character on this forum which you proved yet again by your first post here which added no value and was more of hate speech than anything. Hopefully you can find clarity now and if you didnt have this persona of constantly causing shit from thread to thread you would have been welcomed back on without much fuss.

I love how you also keep refering to me as proxypool. Is it one of those, "The more you type it, the more you start to believe it" situations? Anyhow done with you and its about time I use the forum ignore function.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:24:35 PM

Is the website not updating since the switch? My miners are still pointed your way and hashing but I'm not seeing any new shares.
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:36:21 PM

Is the website not updating since the switch? My miners are still pointed your way and hashing but I'm not seeing any new shares.

It is updating again, just took me about 20minutes to work through the shares before updating again.

This is just the process until next update where it will be automated, I dont trust it automated yet due to just a small miscount that could end up disasterous.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 11:26:23 PM

It is updating again, just took me about 20minutes to work through the shares before updating again.

This is just the process until next update where it will be automated, I dont trust it automated yet due to just a small miscount that could end up disasterous.

I figured as much. It was just a little strange that it counted a couple hundred shares and then went down for 20 minutes.
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 11:32:26 PM

I figured as much. It was just a little strange that it counted a couple hundred shares and then went down for 20 minutes.

Yeh, I killed the pool at that time and then the updater minute or so later which still updated with cached shares.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

My hashrates have been showing consistently below 50% of my total actual hashrate for a couple of hours already. Is this something on my side or yours?  Huh
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 02:58:25 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2012, 03:26:27 PM by Clipse

My hashrates have been showing consistently below 50% of my total actual hashrate for a couple of hours already. Is this something on my side or yours?  Huh

That shouldnt be happening at all, im looking into it now.

EDIT: Busy working on it, my international connectivity just died to various international links and the server is one of them, need to go bitch quickly with ISP.

EDIT: Its back up, you should be seeing atleast close to your local hashrate(that you point to the pool) within a few updates from now on, let me know if in 20minutes you still only see 50%.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 03:56:50 PM

My hashrates have been showing consistently below 50% of my total actual hashrate for a couple of hours already. Is this something on my side or yours?  Huh

John can you just make sure all your miners did reconnect, I only see peak of 630mh from you to the pool, between 600-630mh.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 04:09:35 PM

PAYMENTS PROCESSED:

All Pure PPS + Bonus PPS for 27 May 00:00:00 - 30 May 23:59:59 paid.

misternoodle

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 01:28:31 PM

My rejects have shot up overnight.

It was hovering around 0.7-0.8% and right now it's 1.17% and climbing.  Did something happen?
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 01:43:12 PM

My rejects have shot up overnight.

It was hovering around 0.7-0.8% and right now it's 1.17% and climbing.  Did something happen?

Nothing changed other than similar old issues resurfacing due to some users still using ancient cgminer versions which floods our pool after a couple of hours, I need to figure out a way to actively close those connections without having to restart pool.

Best I can do for now until I figure out how to deal with users who refuse to update is to state that 1-2% rejects could be expected, it still leaves a healthy 108% return in these cases.

misternoodle

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:20:45 PM

Great, thanks for the update.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 04:09:20 PM

John can you just make sure all your miners did reconnect, I only see peak of 630mh from you to the pool, between 600-630mh.

Seems that the problems is solved, sorry for the late reply. There is only the excessive stales problem left. Cheesy
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 04:24:21 PM

Seems that the problems is solved, sorry for the late reply. There is only the excessive stales problem left. Cheesy

Yeh its been an ongoing battle and I obviously wont give up on resolving it but for my own sanity I will just have to make it known that anything <2% stales is a gift right now otherwise I will just keep running in circles.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 09:46:14 PM

NOTICE:

In case any wondered why stats didnt update until now for about an hour, I forgot to run the updater again after I moved pool over to fresh installation as part of finding solution from scratch for the reject dump that occurs every other hour.

Its all updated and updating now as usual.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:25:45 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2012, 10:52:32 AM by Clipse

URGENT NOTICE - MUST READ - FINAL WARNING:

For the last 4 months I have been lenient with any user who had access to gpumax since it didnt affect bonuspool much thus I never penalised anyone who effectively set us to backup pool(even other users who simply used us as backup for their hopping needs).

Since gpumax opened for more public users it just became a huge mess for bonuspool and I will need to start enforcing my initial rules that everyone received at first signup. Running above 100% PPS is not the same as a PPS pool that charges a fee since having 100% hashrate increases and decreases and still paying everyone at above 100% PPS do not go well with block finding variance and effectively turns a win-win situation for me and the loyal miners into a lose-win situation for me and miners.

So moving forward from the next payment cycle(Sunday June 3rd 00:00:00) I will enforce my initial rules and anyone who simply use us as their backup pool will be paid out for their shares at the rates provided in the signup email.

This affects a few high hashing users who effectively abuse our lenient rates even after agreeing to the terms of using bonuspool. Majority of medium to low hashrate loyal users have kept the bonuspool alive and if I dont enforce these rules then I simply wont be able to continue at these PPS rates soon, something must change now. So far I have gone above and beyond with PPS rates by passing more to the miners than I have thus far collected from my sales, this all is part of trying to get a unique pool that will last hopefully until pools arnt neccesary anymore.

I will be adding automated counter measures to the updated website as soon as possible but in the meantime its a manual job and fairly easy to filter out the users ignoring the simple rules stated from the start. Everyone who is using us purely as backup pool for when their other offerings dont provide work will know who they are so I dont even have to spell that out to them.

Again, Bonus PPS Pool is meant to be your primary pool and if you have no intention to run us as your primary pool then please stop using us or you will be penalised starting with the new payment cycle period.

The reason I bring this up now is that I really only noticed for the first time what a huge influx of unneccesary miners popped up a few minutes ago(some of them havnt contributed to the pool in over a month) when GPUMAX stopped leasing work and this is why I have decided to simply start enforcing the rules and rather lose these miners permanently moving forward than consistently sit with issues caused by them for me and my loyal miners who I have bigger long term plans for but when the surplus BTC run out then there is also very little reason to offer above 100% PPS rates.

Moving forward with loyal miners will ease development and resolving of issues alot since after the new website comes online and the last remaining pool server issues is resolved(which will be soon, gauranteed) I am going be able to make bonuspool public with automated rewards scaling that will benefit everyone participating without malice. Rest assured when the pool goes public very soon there will be a structure in place where you could use us as a backup pool but that structure is not in place yet and not an option either.

Thanks for understanding, and if you arnt one of the understanding users then you are free to stop mining immediately.

PS. if you want to discuss this with me feel free to PM me or email me(everyone should have my email address by now), I have no intention to have long debates in this thread over this issue, this is not up for debate. That said I am making plans to accomodate everyone(low to high hashing) including backup users, its not possible to accomodate any users other than primary pool users right now and thats the only reason to implement this rule.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 10:57:16 AM

URGENT NOTICE - MUST READ - FINAL WARNING - UPDATE:

Im working on a possible solution to be able to support the GPUMAX backup users who infiltrated the pool recently. Please read an update here before sometime tonight to see if I can actually allow everyone moving into new payment cycle.

Right now assume I wont be able, but I am trying my best to work on solution and if I can complete the deal I will update this tread later tonight with the good news.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 02:49:02 PM

URGENT NOTICE - MUST READ - NO PENALTY - UPDATE:

Ok, I have made some arrangements for additional BTC so atleast until next payment cycle no one will be penalised. I am still working out permanent details which I will need to figure out earlier than I hoped but I am working on that.

Moral of this message, no one will be penalised and its mining as usual. I will use the new payment cycle to evaluate this structure and any changes will as usual be announced before next payment cycle(Thursday 7 June 00:00:00)

Lastly please understand due to the influx of users and remaining performance issues with the pool, 2-4% rejects could be the norm and anything lower than that should just be taken as a gift for a while. I would much rather rework everything from here on and not continously make small changes that is causing more downtime for users than the extra rejects would cost them. PPS rate is unchanged and remains at 110%.

Continous uptime with higher rejects is worth much more than continously resetting pool for minor changes.

Enjoy.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:52:20 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2012, 05:08:22 PM by Clipse

SERVER MOVE - DNS CHANGE:

I just moved the server to new location and some of you may have to wait a while for dns to update to new IP. This is part of moving forward to allow more users on as the GPUMAX invasion seriously crippled the old setup. Unfortunately I couldnt preserve the old IP to the new location :/

EDIT: Have setup forwarding from old server so it will mine until your dns update and beyond without any issues.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: