Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin  (Read 266698 times)
kopam

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:36:48 PM

POS does sound pretty good right now but dev's have to take a look which option is better for the purpose of this coin. After all for decent communications you need good speed. No one wants to type a message and wait 30 seconds until its in the chat.
I am sure that for video you need even a faster speed.
But yeah if we stick to POW i guess a reward in the range of 20 that is decreasing in time would be a good idea.
Would be good to hear what the dev's have to say from technical point of view.

People misunderstand how the technique works. Talkcoin is not simple a chat client, the message you typed is encoded to the blockchain and broadcasted all over the network. So it is decentralized and requires no server, no authority. The 20 second wait time is necessary because it's the block speed, the network needs to solve a block in order to "engrave" your message into the network. Talkcoin is better to be used as a decentralized communication tool (like email and sms, but without any need for server and so on), than to be used as a chat client (like iMessage, Yahoo Message).

I understand that. But right now there is only the chat, when the messaging/email part is ready, it would be really nice.
And now to the big question, okay the email or message is engraved into the blockchain, but is that secure ? After all i do not want that everyone can see my emails/messages.

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
binkshurts

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:08:06 PM

POS does sound pretty good right now but dev's have to take a look which option is better for the purpose of this coin. After all for decent communications you need good speed. No one wants to type a message and wait 30 seconds until its in the chat.
I am sure that for video you need even a faster speed.
But yeah if we stick to POW i guess a reward in the range of 20 that is decreasing in time would be a good idea.
Would be good to hear what the dev's have to say from technical point of view.

People misunderstand how the technique works. Talkcoin is not simple a chat client, the message you typed is encoded to the blockchain and broadcasted all over the network. So it is decentralized and requires no server, no authority. The 20 second wait time is necessary because it's the block speed, the network needs to solve a block in order to "engrave" your message into the network. Talkcoin is better to be used as a decentralized communication tool (like email and sms, but without any need for server and so on), than to be used as a chat client (like iMessage, Yahoo Message).

It is an amazing feature.

But the fact that you have to explain it STILL in elaborate details present a big problem -- no one (not even TAC HOLDERS) still know why talkcoin is valuable and/or why it really differs from 15 other coins that has messaging features.

Presentation is key.

The fact of the matter, TAC is out and available and though the devs didnt want it to be put on the exchange and yet still released the coin makes me wonder.
On a coin that fundamentally needs community, it suffers severely.
Litejavichu

Activity: 693

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:33:00 PM

briefly said we need attracting aspects both for miners and people. and investors

the point is also, a lot of miners are needed from the beginning! with low prices we scared many of them. if 10 miners produce a great amount of coins, who will come later to entrich the first ones?? and if you add POS, this will definetely kill you coin in this sense.

we should attract many miners as possinble right now and not in a year orso..

the more participants are in a community the more conversations, noises... the more known the coin become, the russian thread is dead, there are 3 russian miners left and absolutely NOTHING to disuss. Create a noise and hubbub around Talkcoin!

sorry for "perfect english" )) I'm just writting quickly, I hope you understand my thoughts ..

+1
I think that there is a need for a point and apart from, return to put a reward of 50 and raise prices to 5k is paramount...

There is already too much supply and deflation... A block reward of 50 would be suicide...

Economics 101 - Supply and Demand... Go do some reading...
Too much offer? What does not have is demand, that this same has been murdered by the vote of reward that separated all the miners who pay electricity.
Who are the investors real? The same miners that began with the currency in May and that abandoned the project and dumped their tacs.
It has been damaged the hashrate which is the same soul of the currency, who don't understand this, it is best to review 101 rules of economics failed.
Please, do not be condescending with me, I just want to help and do something positive.
 Question for the team ... You've made something with the project "reset the Net"? I have seen that have a open source software for secure communications on android and IOs platform...

Talkcoin

Activity: 114

Talkcoin Dev

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:50:53 PM

What about switching to PoS? At this block reward approx. 1.5M coins created every month, 6.5M coins already minted, so miners keep dumping and price is bleeding.Also do you think is it possible to transfer files in blockchain as Syscoin aim to do https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587080.0

No offence devs i love your work you are doing great, just a few opinions of myself.

It will be never POS for several reasons.

- Security
There is the nothing at stake problem and I am not convinced from what I observed in the source code.
POS is in need of an independent audit to verify its security.

- POS vs. Ideolgy in Talkcoin
Talkcoin is more than currency and not a pump&dump coin, it's a P2P Communications Currency.
In 1, 2, 5, 10, 100 years time or more people won't chat anymore because all exchanges will more closed and nobody will be able to buy TAC.
People can always mine a POW coin, so they always will be able to talk.
waxo

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:08:50 PM

TAC is slow but TAC is sure

Talkcoin

Talkcoin Dev

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:10:53 PM

At this block reward approx. 1.5M coins created every month, 6.5M coins already minted, so miners keep dumping and price is bleeding.

It's the same problem for all coins, litecoin, ppcoin, namecoin etc...
There are too many coins and not enough investors.

That's why a voting system was created. If you think there are too many mined coins, the community can use the voting to change the block reward. It's much better to control the money supply.
kopam

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:18:33 PM

At this block reward approx. 1.5M coins created every month, 6.5M coins already minted, so miners keep dumping and price is bleeding.

That's why a voting system was created. If you think there are too many mined coins, the community can use the voting to change the block reward. It's much better to control the money supply.

Well this is a great idea and ideally it should work, BUT that would be the case if you have a huge community and hundreds of people voting. This way you can counter the people that try to manipulate the supply/price/market. Right now all the people that wanna manipulate vote all the time and the rest of the people vote whenever they remember.
So well, lets do something to grow the community and coin acceptance so we can get that working Smiley
I guess a good idea would be to finish the message system Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
Talkcoin

Talkcoin Dev

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:41:04 PM

Well this is a great idea and ideally it should work, BUT that would be the case if you have a huge community and hundreds of people voting. This way you can counter the people that try to manipulate the supply/price/market. Right now all the people that wanna manipulate vote all the time and the rest of the people vote whenever they remember.
So well, lets do something to grow the community and coin acceptance so we can get that working Smiley
I guess a good idea would be to finish the message system Smiley

How is manipulation possible? The manipulators will lose a lot of money because the voting system is not free, it requires 5 TAC / vote and 10 votes minimum are necessary.
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:47:04 AM

briefly said we need attracting aspects both for miners and people. and investors

the point is also, a lot of miners are needed from the beginning! with low prices we scared many of them. if 10 miners produce a great amount of coins, who will come later to entrich the first ones?? and if you add POS, this will definetely kill you coin in this sense.

we should attract many miners as possinble right now and not in a year orso..

the more participants are in a community the more conversations, noises... the more known the coin become, the russian thread is dead, there are 3 russian miners left and absolutely NOTHING to disuss. Create a noise and hubbub around Talkcoin!

sorry for "perfect english" )) I'm just writting quickly, I hope you understand my thoughts ..

+1
I think that there is a need for a point and apart from, return to put a reward of 50 and raise prices to 5k is paramount...

There is already too much supply and deflation... A block reward of 50 would be suicide...

Economics 101 - Supply and Demand... Go do some reading...
Too much offer? What does not have is demand, that this same has been murdered by the vote of reward that separated all the miners who pay electricity.
Who are the investors real? The same miners that began with the currency in May and that abandoned the project and dumped their tacs.
It has been damaged the hashrate which is the same soul of the currency, who don't understand this, it is best to review 101 rules of economics failed.
Please, do not be condescending with me, I just want to help and do something positive.
 Question for the team ... You've made something with the project "reset the Net"? I have seen that have a open source software for secure communications on android and IOs platform...

A block reward of 50 would cause further deflation.  Nobody is investing and nobody is chatting.

The problem I have with "The community" deciding the money supply, the community doesn't always have the best interests of the coin at heart.

They only care about their own gain...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:59:56 AM

What about switching to PoS? At this block reward approx. 1.5M coins created every month, 6.5M coins already minted, so miners keep dumping and price is bleeding.Also do you think is it possible to transfer files in blockchain as Syscoin aim to do https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587080.0

No offence devs i love your work you are doing great, just a few opinions of myself.

- Security
There is the nothing at stake problem and I am not convinced from what I observed in the source code.

Talkcoin is more than currency and not a pump&dump coin, it's a P2P Communications Currency.
In 1, 2, 5, 10, 100 years time or more people won't chat anymore because all exchanges will more closed and nobody will be able to buy TAC.

You think we are going to be mining with GPU's in 100 years time?

Why will exchanges close down in 100 years?

yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:39:39 AM

- Security

Exchange don't need 100 years to close down.

Source: Mtgox (https://www.mtgox.com/)
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:57:32 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 12:08:09 PM by Ignition75

- Security

So by the developer's rationale, when there are no more exchanges, the only people that can obtain TAC are people with mining rigs...

Hmmmm...

You wont be able to sell TAC to anybody, therefore it wont hold any value...

And the miners will be voting for higher block rewards because hey, the community are all miners and there is little investment...

Hold on... We don't have to wait 100 years for that, we have that right now...

So what are we going to do to fix the problem?

Litejavichu

Activity: 693

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

- Security

So by the developer's rationale, when there are no more exchanges, the only people that can obtain TAC are people with mining rigs...

Hmmmm...

You wont be able to sell TAC to anybody, therefore it wont hold any value...

And the miners will be voting for higher block rewards because hey, the community are all miners and there is little investment...

Hold on... We don't have to wait 100 years for that, we have that right now...

So what are we going to do to fix the problem?

I am with a coin that I can win 1BTC before 30 days ... and does not have exchange, the coins are bought investors of truth, not speculators of medium hair. I have no problem now that the voting system is going to be deleted, but the most healthy, reasonable and desirable, is to make a reset to the system of rewards and attracting miners, that is what we are lacking.

The tac market has not been without investors, they threw the kicked in the ass forcing prices down blatantly ...

zxbball

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:11:33 PM

07/18/2014 09:31:09 PM   
SELL
0.00001050   100000.00000000   1.05000000
SELL
0.00001052   3300.00000000   0.03471600
SELL
0.00001100   9000.00000000   0.09900000
SELL
0.00001101   42767.25081030   0.47086743
SELL
0.00001125   451.46964701   0.00507903
SELL
0.00001128   349.51172672   0.00394249
SELL
0.00001203   39904.01961199   0.48004535
SELL
0.00001204   39904.01961199   0.48044439
SELL
0.00001205   14015.15159988   0.16888257
SELL
0.00001208   10000.00000000   0.12080000
SELL
0.00001210   5000.00000000   0.06050000
SELL
0.00001220   7.37853143   0.00009001
SELL
0.00001234   76.32449002   0.00094184
07/18/2014 09:30:10 PM   
SELL
0.00001220   18.62146857   0.00022718
SELL
0.00001224   95.44276563   0.00116821
SELL
0.00001233   75.93576580   0.00093628
07/18/2014 06:39:53 PM   
BUY
0.00001638   11601.74901403   0.19003664
BUY
0.00001550   14.70777181   0.00022797
BUY
0.00001500   136.10012979   0.00204150
BUY
0.00001466   187.53971481   0.00274933
BUY
0.00001466   71.79656791   0.00105253
BUY
0.00001465   3.25840153   0.00004773
07/18/2014 02:00:10 PM   
SELL
0.00001205   187.53971481   0.00225985
07/18/2014 01:56:50 PM   
BUY
0.00001221   3.25840153   0.00003978
07/18/2014 12:01:25 PM   
SELL
0.00001750   47.77078301   0.00083598
07/18/2014 12:01:13 PM   
BUY
0.00001750   100.00000000   0.00175000
BUY
0.00001600   65.29682937   0.00104474
BUY
0.00001575   16.03413063   0.00025253
BUY
0.00001550   5.00000000   0.00007750
BUY
0.00001525   5.00000000   0.00007625
BUY
0.00001500   5.00000000   0.00007500
BUY
0.00001477   11.17917090   0.00016511
BUY
0.00001475   3.66904000   0.00005411
BUY
0.00001380   141.99201391   0.00195948
BUY
0.00001329   14.28533428   0.00018985
BUY
0.00001250   45.51962913   0.00056899
BUY
0.00001226   39.25306877   0.00048124
07/18/2014 11:52:34 AM   
SELL
0.00001151   2180.00000000   0.02509180
07/18/2014 11:03:49 AM   
SELL
0.00001150   126.98519304   0.00146032
07/18/2014 10:20:36 AM   
SELL
0.00001128   102.78138623   0.00115937
07/18/2014 10:20:36 AM   
SELL
0.00001136   9.66014884   0.00010973
07/18/2014 09:58:18 AM   
SELL
0.00001129   54.51898490   0.00061551
07/18/2014 09:53:32 AM   
SELL
0.00001128   1762.50335852   0.01988103
07/18/2014 09:53:32 AM   
SELL
0.00001151   586.32550686   0.00674860
07/18/2014 09:53:05 AM   
SELL
0.00001215   95.00000000   0.00115425
07/18/2014 09:52:43 AM   
SELL
0.00001320   182.02234602   0.00240269
07/18/2014 09:15:59 AM   
SELL
0.00001320   10540.34132388   0.13913250
07/18/2014 08:48:02 AM   
SELL
0.00001320   367.89375297   0.00485619
07/18/2014 08:17:59 AM   
SELL
0.00001320   41.72467295   0.00055076

look at this sales , pepole who loss the confidence ,if TAC not a stable moneysupply,  TAC will be dead,there is no P2P Communications Currency.

dev first thing is alive , if TAC is dead ,nobody care about P2P Communications Currency.

and if chatcoin pirce fly to the moon ,nobody konws TAC once here!!!
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:17:29 PM

More than 3BTC of TACs get dump. Right before we will release the new version with private rooms for chatting. Do you think it's normal ?
mana6

Activity: 354

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:26:32 PM

the coin are good ,but i have zero,lol
binkshurts

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:15:24 PM

someone dumped 260K tac.

lol
zxbball

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:26:29 PM

1000 sat 300 sat 100 sat  1sat  dead ,nodoubtly! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
binkshurts

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:40:42 PM

ROADMAP ANNOUNCEMENT

RC1: (RELEASED 3rd week of July)
  • Updated GUI (djm34, Aizen)
  • API functions (Talkdev)
  • Change the lowest voting reward from 1TAC to 5 or 10TAC (Aizen)
  • Change the voting fee to 1 TAC (Aizen)
  • Remove chats by countries (Talkdev)

RC2:(RELEASED End of JULY)
  • Private messaging (Talkdev)
  • All fees are choosen by voting (Talkdev, Aizen, djm)

RC3: (RELEASES End of AUGUST)
  • User created groups with fees

RC4: (RELEASED Middle of SEPTEMBER)
  • Searching functions for User created groups, making Talkcoin the first decentralized communication/forum platform
  • Broadcasting message to all clients (for advertising)

RC5: (RELEASED End of OCTOBER)
  • Mobile wallet (Android + iOS) with full features of Talkcoin

Not a bad plan, but I think Talkcoin must include a VOIP feature.

And fees should be chosen automatically, no with a vote. Take the example of the new fees for bitcoin transactions.

We can adjust fees. Once the private messages and user groups features are released, volume of messaging will increase, messaging needs to be affordable for all but disincentivize spam.  Various ways we can do this.

We'll see
MaxOnBit

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:38:00 AM

Third week of July ends the day after tomorrow...any updates ?

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: