Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:17:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just paid the $100K USD via BTC to become a Platinum Member of TBF.  (Read 19881 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:51:05 AM

There! It's there now. Take a look: https://blockchain.info/address/1BTCorgHwCg6u2YSAWKgS17qUad6kHmtQW

Now, where's my apoloby?

I don't see any recent transactions for $100K.

Btw, that was either a very stupid, or a very smart move.

I don't know which yet, but I am sure that you wouldn't just throw $100K away for no reason.

I don't understand why you can't see it. It's there! Is there anyway that blockchain.info somehow messed up the ledger?

Maybe if you sort all the transactions according to their size if might show up. When blockchain.info comes back up, try that. My transaction should be right above KnC Miner's $100K via BTC transaction (depending on how the dates are sorted, of course), of which theirs'll be easy to spot, for it'll be the second biggest transaction to TBF, with mine now tied for second as well.

BTW, snatch the URL of KnC's tx and post it when you find mine, posting that as well. Better yet, take a screenshot, then post that.

Can't wait till the next election so that my vote will negate KnC's vote due to both of us having the same voting rights being verified Platinum Members and all.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:54:07 AM

$100 K can safe a lot of lives but people prefer to buy a yacht
with such money I would build a charity organisation

Yep! A yacht just like this one, with cash to spare to hire on two mates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmaRTZpJgPA#t=314
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:01:51 AM

There! It's there now. Take a look: https://blockchain.info/address/1BTCorgHwCg6u2YSAWKgS17qUad6kHmtQW

Now, where's my apoloby?

I don't know which yet, but I am sure that you wouldn't just throw $100K away for no reason.

I don't understand why you can't see it. It's there! Is there anyway that blockchain.info somehow messed up the ledger?

Maybe if you sort all the transactions according to their size if might show up. When blockchain.info comes back up, try that. My transaction should be right above KnC Miner's $100K via BTC transaction (depending on how the dates are sorted, of course), of which theirs'll be easy to spot, for it'll be the second biggest transaction to TBF, with mine now tied for second as well.

BTW, snatch the URL of KnC's tx and post it when you find mine, posting that as well. Better yet, take a screenshot, then post that.

Can't wait till the next election so that my vote will negate KnC's vote due to both of us having the same voting rights being verified Platinum Members and all.

Blockexplorer shows the same transactions as blockchain: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1BTCorgHwCg6u2YSAWKgS17qUad6kHmtQW
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:19:27 AM

Now, where's my apoloby?

Why not provide the tx id, because I can't see any recent transaction of nearly 200 btc to that address!!!
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:23:04 AM

Now, where's my apoloby?

Blockexplorer shows the same transactions as blockchain: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1BTCorgHwCg6u2YSAWKgS17qUad6kHmtQW

Same here, I can't see the payment. Do you have the transaction ID at hand?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:31:20 AM

Proof can be seen here: https://blockchain.info/address/1BTCorgHwCg6u2YSAWKgS17qUad6kHmtQW

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/support/

Your membership funds our efforts to standardize, protect and promote Bitcoin.

Industry members must join by April 15, 2014 to be eligible to vote on the two industry board seats up for election in April 2014. Any industry member with a valid industry membership may nominate an individual to run in the election up to the April 7, 2014 nomination deadline. Because both board seats are industry board seats, only industry members are eligible to nominate individuals for and vote in the April 2014 election.

We offer two membership options for individuals, annual and lifetime, as well as three membership tiers for industry: silver, gold, and platinum. All memberships include one vote in their membership class and access to our member forums where you’ll be able to provide input on foundation initiatives, join a committee, or volunteer. Industry memberships include additional benefits outlined here.

We only accept Bitcoin as payment for members dues. Our membership pricing is pegged directly to the market value of Bitcoin, updated on a daily basis. For current membership pricing options, please create an account.

To promote transparency and enforce fair voting procedures, we require a real name and address for all members. Please note that member dues paid to records that do not include a real name and mailable address will not be refunded.

If you would prefer to support the Bitcoin Foundation without joining as a member, you can do so by donating to the address listed on our donate page, but note that donors do not receive member voting rights or other benefits.

Now that I, too, am a Platinum Member of The Bitcoin Foundation, I'm really going to start stirring up some shit.

Quick aside: davout, I'm still waiting for you to clarify my bitcoin address so that can return my stolen 1,132 BTC currently residing in one of your bitcoin wallets.

If you've taught me one thing, phinn, it's to vet rather than believe. Can you sign a message with the private key or keys used to txfer $100k to the Bitcoin Foundation as well as the transaction?

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:35:34 AM

Dude, you're crazy!!! Absolutely CRAZY!!!! Why give TBF ANY money... let alone THAT MUCH!!!! What possible damage could you possibly cause them that could justify THAT MUCH MUUUUULA???
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:37:01 AM

If you've taught me one thing, phinn, it's to vet rather than believe. Can you sign a message with the private key or keys used to txfer $100k to the Bitcoin Foundation as well as the transaction?

To be clear, you asking me about my tx or KnC's tx?
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:38:56 AM

Proof can be seen here: https://blockchain.info/address/1BTCorgHwCg6u2YSAWKgS17qUad6kHmtQW

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/support/

Your membership funds our efforts to standardize, protect and promote Bitcoin.

Industry members must join by April 15, 2014 to be eligible to vote on the two industry board seats up for election in April 2014. Any industry member with a valid industry membership may nominate an individual to run in the election up to the April 7, 2014 nomination deadline. Because both board seats are industry board seats, only industry members are eligible to nominate individuals for and vote in the April 2014 election.

We offer two membership options for individuals, annual and lifetime, as well as three membership tiers for industry: silver, gold, and platinum. All memberships include one vote in their membership class and access to our member forums where you’ll be able to provide input on foundation initiatives, join a committee, or volunteer. Industry memberships include additional benefits outlined here.

We only accept Bitcoin as payment for members dues. Our membership pricing is pegged directly to the market value of Bitcoin, updated on a daily basis. For current membership pricing options, please create an account.

To promote transparency and enforce fair voting procedures, we require a real name and address for all members. Please note that member dues paid to records that do not include a real name and mailable address will not be refunded.

If you would prefer to support the Bitcoin Foundation without joining as a member, you can do so by donating to the address listed on our donate page, but note that donors do not receive member voting rights or other benefits.

Now that I, too, am a Platinum Member of The Bitcoin Foundation, I'm really going to start stirring up some shit.

Quick aside: davout, I'm still waiting for you to clarify my bitcoin address so that can return my stolen 1,132 BTC currently residing in one of your bitcoin wallets.

The biggest single transaction to this address since 1 April is only 2.2834BTC. Telling lie about the blockchain is to most stupid thing to do.

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:42:40 AM

The biggest single transaction to this address since 1 April is only 2.2834BTC. Telling lie about the blockchain is to most stupid thing to do.

Damn straight it is!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:57:46 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 10:14:03 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/2014/04/30/kncminer-joins-bitcoin-foundation-at-platinum-level/

Blog

KnCMiner Joins Bitcoin Foundation at Platinum Level

By Jinyoung Lee Englund • April 30, 2014

knc

In five short years, Bitcoin mining has inspired cutting edge innovation and breathed new life into the silicon industry. Leading the pack is our newest Platinum member, KnCMiner.

“We are avid believers in Bitcoin and its potential to shape the future of digital transactions worldwide — most notably for millions of people traditionally locked out of the financial system. Our values are aligned with that of the Bitcoin Foundation and we are proud to support its work,” said Andreas Kennemar, Co-Founder of KnCMiner, Inc.

Based in Stockholm, KnCMiner is a proven leader in delivering custom designed, high performance ASIC mining hardware — payable in bitcoin. Their mission is to provide the best equipment and service solutions in Bitcoin mining. Co-founders Andreas Kennemar, Marcus Erlandsson, Michael Unnebäck, and Sam Cole bring 10+ years of experience in embedded electronic development, focused on FPGA and ASIC design as well as 25+ years in product and service development respectively.

“In this era of Bitcoin mining, experienced companies like KnCMiner provide the necessary technology to strengthen and power the distributed network and secure long-lasting stability for Bitcoin’s infrastructure,” said Jon Matonis, Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation.

To learn more about KnCMiner, visithttps://www.kncminer.com/

Welcome, KnCMiner!

With apologies to those who congratulated me, I ask: WHERE THE FUCK IS PROOF THAT KnC MINER PAID THEIR $100K USD via BTC TO THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION FOR THEIR PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP PRIOR TO BEING ABLE TO VOTE FOR BROCK PIERCE FOR THE EMPTY BOARD SEAT? It ain't fuckin' there, is it? Just like mine isn't there, to show, again with apologies, that these fucks can claim anything and nobody would even fuckin' look to see if it's true. Hell, most here took my statement as gospel because they trust me, just like we were trusting TBF. NOW, we find out we've been lied to by the very group that's suppose to protect us.

TBF only uses one bitcoin wallet address for transparency.
TBF received 5,000 BTC to said address at onset of formation.
TBF oNLy accepts BTC - none other - when accepting membership dues, regardless the size.
TBF has some 'splainin' to do!

TBF cannot claim if was via some other money transfer avenue, for that would negate the rules they themselves written.
TBF cannot show some other bitcoin wallet account they have control of, for that would negate their transparency stance, along with showing something else that could be easily gleaned if such exists.
TBF cannot claim that it hasn't been paid yet, for that would open up a whole 'nother can o' worms.

Looks to me like TBF has got themself into another pickle.

How many more times am I, along with the entire Bitcoin community, going to be lied to? How much more money will be stolen from us BITCOIN MINIONS due the foxes guarding the Jerk Chicken house?
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:05:53 AM

$100 K can safe a lot of lives but people prefer to buy a yacht
with such money I would build a charity organisation

Yep! A yacht just like this one, with cash to spare to hire on two mates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmaRTZpJgPA#t=314

I'd prefer this one:

http://newsbtc.com/2014/05/21/croatian-yacht-charter-company-turns-bitcoin-credit-card-fees-prove-expensive/

But a charity is more honourable
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:07:22 AM

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/2014/04/30/kncminer-joins-bitcoin-foundation-at-platinum-level/

Blog

knc

In five short years, Bitcoin mining has inspired cutting edge innovation and breathed new life into the silicon industry. Leading the pack is our newest Platinum member, KnCMiner.

“We are avid believers in Bitcoin and its potential to shape the future of digital transactions worldwide — most notably for millions of people traditionally locked out of the financial system. Our values are aligned with that of the Bitcoin Foundation and we are proud to support its work,” said Andreas Kennemar, Co-Founder of KnCMiner, Inc.

Based in Stockholm, KnCMiner is a proven leader in delivering custom designed, high performance ASIC mining hardware — payable in bitcoin. Their mission is to provide the best equipment and service solutions in Bitcoin mining. Co-founders Andreas Kennemar, Marcus Erlandsson, Michael Unnebäck, and Sam Cole bring 10+ years of experience in embedded electronic development, focused on FPGA and ASIC design as well as 25+ years in product and service development respectively.

“In this era of Bitcoin mining, experienced companies like KnCMiner provide the necessary technology to strengthen and power the distributed network and secure long-lasting stability for Bitcoin’s infrastructure,” said Jon Matonis, Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation.

Welcome, KnCMiner!

With apologies to those who congratulated me, I ask: WHERE THE FUCK IS PROOF THAT KnC MINER PAID THEIR $100K USD via BTC TO THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION FOR THEIR PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP PRIOR TO BEING ABLE TO VOTE FOR BROCK PIERCE FOR THE EMPTY BOARD SEAT?

TBF oNLy accepts BTC - none other - when accepting membership dues, regardless the size.

TBF cannot claim if was via some other money transfer avenue, for that would negate the rules they themselves written.
TBF cannot show some other bitcoin wallet account they have control of, for that would negate their transparency stance, along with showing something else that could be easily gleaned if such exists.
TBF cannot claim that it hasn't been paid yet, for that would open up a whole 'nother can o' worms.

How many more times am I, along with the entire Bitcoin community, going to be lied to? How much more money will be stolen from us BITCOIN MINIONS due the foxes guarding the Jerk Chicken house?

AFAIK The 1BTCorg address is only a donation address

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:12:08 AM

Blog

knc

Welcome, KnCMiner!

With apologies to those who congratulated me, I ask: WHERE THE FUCK IS PROOF THAT KnC MINER PAID THEIR $100K USD via BTC TO THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION FOR THEIR PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP PRIOR TO BEING ABLE TO VOTE FOR BROCK PIERCE FOR THE EMPTY BOARD SEAT?

AFAIK The 1BTCorg address is only a donation address

Look again! See all those $25 payments made? It's for everything according to their site.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:17:15 AM

I'm pretty sure this is somebody's $1,000 USD Gold Membership payment: https://blockchain.info/tx/2191e05c8d9c7a9e3648011a39a3d15e7f7e5283dbb8a2fdfa70f216c57d3c28
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:24:25 AM

Maybe Kncminer gave the foundation 100k in gear.. But I was looking for Knc donation too, so you are right, the foundation has some more explaining to do..
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2200

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:32:33 AM

Phinnaeus Gage, you are a fucking genious for confusing me like this. I was already trying to find your TX, without success of course. Anyway, you are making a great point and I would also like to know where their transaction is. With a message stating that they are indeed in control of the sending address by signing the message with that address, of course. Roll Eyes

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:23:59 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 12:01:19 PM by S4VV4S

Phinn, I must admit you got me there.
I was looking for your tx and also wondered, why the heck would Phinn do that?

Apart from that I must say that I am starting to get upset with your posts (not just this one).

I have other things to do but the info you keep giving us got me hooked on reading/finding out more.
Please let me do some work!!!!  Grin Grin

I hate you  Tongue

PS: Speaking of KnC Miners, anybody else seen this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/260in3/kncminercom_puts_butterfly_labs_bad_reputation_to/

Bibop

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:25:12 PM

You are a real believer..
sometimes believers are heroes.. and sometimes they are fools.
hope that you will be glad at the end.
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:47:33 PM

Wow, well played Phinn.
I actually was looking for the payment as well as for the KnC payment on Blockchain.info and didn't find it right when I looked over it.
I then thought "Well, it's only a web service, if I don't look at the longest chain on the network myself, I cannot claim it's not there" and proceeded with some coding while waiting for news on this thread.

So... what Phinn said are all valid reasons for me to further distrust TBF even tho I already did. There are interesting days to come regarding the foundation.

Big thank you to Phinn, sometimes you gotta wake people up!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: