Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:18:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283072 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:59:11 PM

I agree with Devvie that something is wrong.

Look at the block explorer.  I thought POW was no longer accepted after block 10,000 but it appears that is not the case.  The past 2000 blocks were nearly all POW and zero value.  The total coin count is going down due to transaction fees, not going up from POS minting like it should be.

Total coins:

2036.261387 at block 11556 (2 days ago)
2035.911387 at block 13571 (now)

WTF?

We switched it to block 25k at the last second. That is my fault for not communicating it, I was still quoting block 10k we used for testing. We may fork it again to keep PoW active forever to keep the network moving

The supply will go down sometimes because fees are destroyed, not paid to miners. This is to offset the inflation caused by PoS, trying to keep us as close to 2014 coins as possible

So . . . why, in the past 2 days and 2,000 blocks has there been no stake generated on the network?

Bad luck. Big holders are probably moving coins. 25% is on Bittrex, so that is 1/4 of the possible staking not taking place. If a couple other big holders move, the network will look like it's having shitty luck

PoS is a lottery. Sometimes it will stake a lot, sometimes it won't. All depends where the coins are and for how long. Have any of you done the math to see if you are ahead of your schedule for 50% yearly? I'm asking that as a serious question, not to be a dick. I need numbers, not guesses

Yes I have done the math, and I have not generated enough stake in the past 9 days.  It was good, until 3 days ago when staking stopped.  

"Bad luck" is not the reason.  As long as POW is active, anyone mining is "stealing" POS blocks from the network.  Someone is mining this coin with enough hashrate that there's no room for POS blocks to get in, and I'm guessing they started about three days ago.

Keeping POW active is a horrible idea.  A block is a block.  The network will move just fine on POS by itself as long as it's working properly.  If your network is POS only and your block time is 30 seconds, you'll get a POS block every 30 seconds, and transaction confirmations every 30 seconds.  This is, again, assuming everything is working properly.

If you are mining MMXIV right now to "help keep the network moving," STOP.  
MMXIV (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:11:56 PM

I agree with Devvie that something is wrong.

Look at the block explorer.  I thought POW was no longer accepted after block 10,000 but it appears that is not the case.  The past 2000 blocks were nearly all POW and zero value.  The total coin count is going down due to transaction fees, not going up from POS minting like it should be.

Total coins:

2036.261387 at block 11556 (2 days ago)
2035.911387 at block 13571 (now)

WTF?

We switched it to block 25k at the last second. That is my fault for not communicating it, I was still quoting block 10k we used for testing. We may fork it again to keep PoW active forever to keep the network moving

The supply will go down sometimes because fees are destroyed, not paid to miners. This is to offset the inflation caused by PoS, trying to keep us as close to 2014 coins as possible

So . . . why, in the past 2 days and 2,000 blocks has there been no stake generated on the network?

Bad luck. Big holders are probably moving coins. 25% is on Bittrex, so that is 1/4 of the possible staking not taking place. If a couple other big holders move, the network will look like it's having shitty luck

PoS is a lottery. Sometimes it will stake a lot, sometimes it won't. All depends where the coins are and for how long. Have any of you done the math to see if you are ahead of your schedule for 50% yearly? I'm asking that as a serious question, not to be a dick. I need numbers, not guesses

Yes I have done the math, and I have not generated enough stake in the past 9 days.  It was good, until 3 days ago when staking stopped.  

"Bad luck" is not the reason.  As long as POW is active, anyone mining is "stealing" POS blocks from the network.  Someone is mining this coin with enough hashrate that there's no room for POS blocks to get in, and I'm guessing they started about three days ago.

Keeping POW active is a horrible idea.  A block is a block.  The network will move just fine on POS by itself as long as it's working properly.  If your network is POS only and your block time is 30 seconds, you'll get a POS block every 30 seconds, and transaction confirmations every 30 seconds.  This is, again, assuming everything is working properly.

There is 1.1 ghs mining PoW right now. Don't know who it is, though. And that's SHA, so there's literally no hashrate

UltrA1

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

In Real World Use for Crypto We Trust!!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:45:22 PM

Guess the coin.conf file needs a node or two added and the old.conf with addnode=54.194.99.126 wont sync.
must be what devnullius was running into.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:50:17 PM

Guess the coin.conf file needs a node or two added and the old.conf with addnode=54.194.99.126 wont sync.
must be what devnullius was running into.

Don't use any addnodes. There are 4 seednodes up

Mortimer452

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:19:20 AM

There is 1.1 ghs mining PoW right now. Don't know who it is, though. And that's SHA, so there's literally no hashrate

True, that is not much but with a POW difficulty of only 36 it's more than enough to own the network.  The block height is way higher than it should be right now.  

I wonder who the hell has been mining POW for the past few days, we have all been screwed out of a lot of stake as a result.  I bet we don't see another POS block for days.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:27:34 AM

So what is going on with this coin then as am confused with all the pages of arguing and bromance going on and cant get a clear picture of anything. Is this coin staying or is development stopping for it

also on new wallet how do i get my old addresses back on client too as seems their missing

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:31:33 AM

So what is going on with this coin then as am confused with all the pages of arguing and bromance going on and cant get a clear picture of anything. Is this coin staying or is development stopping for it

also on new wallet how do i get my old addresses back on client too as seems their missing
What? You mean the list of 2/3-word phrases and links to old press releases in the OP doesn't explain everything for you?
UltrA1

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:33:54 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 02:27:58 AM by UltrA1

Hello if you just starting mining MMXIVcoin you need a new wallet: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9KhUdXDh1RqUENINllUb3FEZjg/edit
Click top middle of page, and choose download.. Run MMXIV wallet, click yes to add firewall rule,.. then let it sync..

As for mining MMXIV I made it easy for you..
Get your address from wallet, use that for SHA256 ASIC miners, or swap ports for any other miners.

(ASiC) SHA256 Pool: stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:6666
(GPU) X-11 Mining: stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:8889
(CPU) Scrypt Mining: stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:7777
(GPU) x13 Mining: stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:9999

Sample ASiC bfgminer:
bfgminer.exe --http-port 6666 -o stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:6666 -u MYxfiV2pzocXXr7SXq2bn5qky5XcSvKHxK -p x -I 15 -w 256 --queue 0 --no-submit-stale

MMXIV x-13.bat sgminer:
sgminer -k x13mod -o stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:9999 -u MYxfiV2pzocXXr7SXq2bn5qky5XcSvKHxK -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -I 15 -w 256 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 85 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-threads 2 --queue 0 --no-submit-stale

MMXIV x-11.bat / CPU Miner: https://mega.co.nz/#F!V5I1mawQ!bCcaIhRkODjUVEBWsGmu_w
MMXIV Scrypt.bat / CPU Miner:
minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:8889 -u MYxfiV2pzocXXr7SXq2bn5qky5XcSvKHxK -p x

MMXIV Scrypt.bat / CPU Miner:
minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:7777 -u MYxfiV2pzocXXr7SXq2bn5qky5XcSvKHxK -p x

Sample cgminer.conf

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:9999",
      "user" : "MYxfiV2pzocXXr7SXq2bn5qky5XcSvKHxK",
      "pass" : "x"
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.mmxivcoin.com:9999",
      "user" : "MYxfiV2pzocXXr7SXq2bn5qky5XcSvKHxK",
      "pass" : "x"
   }
]
"intensity" : "15",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "x13mod",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-0",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "28",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "7",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

that's all there is to it, new miners..need any help?? just let me know,..

Enjoy mining MMXIV
In Crypto We Trust!!

UltrA1

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:37:47 AM

maybe if the old wallets were removed and replaced with updated ones, crypto lovn peeps wouldn't have this mess in the first place.

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:50:18 AM

If you have still not upgraded, you will have to PM me your private key so I can load the address and verify the funds, as well as an address on the new chain you would like your coins sent to. Sorry everyone, I didn't realize I had removed those lines

I'm going to put this in the OP tonight. The new client was released on August 1st, I'm going to set a hard deadline at the end of the month (August 31st). I think a month is long enough to get everyone on the correct chain. Don't worry, I'll make it huge letters tonight in the OP so it's clearly know you have about 12 more days to update

To update on the press releases in the OP...those are still active. When we hit 1 BTC each, I will be giving away $25,000 USD of the most current miners. My guess is by the time we hit that, it will be S4's. So whatever the newest Bitmain miners are when we hit 1 BTC each is what will have $25,000 USD worth given away. The giveaway is still very active

MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:37:06 AM

We've had some huge days in the last few shifts. Prices are super low right now, too. This week is already going to be the highest paying week ever for pool.mmxivcoin.com

There's over 20 miners on it right now

Phosphorous

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:58:26 AM

I'm going to put this in the OP tonight. The new client was released on August 1st, I'm going to set a hard deadline at the end of the month (August 31st). I think a month is long enough to get everyone on the correct chain. Don't worry, I'll make it huge letters tonight in the OP so it's clearly know you have about 12 more days to update
Might I suggest you do a serious update? It still says:

In preparation for the hard fork, we have released another update
This one puts the staking icon in the GUI. It will be grey until Saturday when the hard fork kicks in
After that, when you are eligible to stake, the icon will be green

New clients are ready for the hard fork. Please update immediately
Staking will begin on Saturday when the hard fork kicks in

If I just came to this thread I would think you are talking about this Saturday, Aug 23, and not several weeks ago.
If this thread is supposed to be a prime communication method, it really should have the latest information and be completely up to date at all times.
Mortimer452

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:05:14 AM

Someone is taking advantage of the multipool purchases bigtime - that sell order for ~50 MMXIV keeps popping up on the top of the sell list, ever since the pool hashrate went up.

If we can sustain this hashrate on the pool long enough, we'll get through it.
Phosphorous

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:33:09 AM

True, that is not much but with a POW difficulty of only 36 it's more than enough to own the network.  The block height is way higher than it should be right now.  

I wonder who the hell has been mining POW for the past few days, we have all been screwed out of a lot of stake as a result.  I bet we don't see another POS block for days.
I've now received 4 stakes of equal size in the last 36 hours with the most recent within the last couple of hours.
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:36:35 AM

Might I suggest you do a serious update? It still says:

In preparation for the hard fork, we have released another update
This one puts the staking icon in the GUI. It will be grey until Saturday when the hard fork kicks in
After that, when you are eligible to stake, the icon will be green

New clients are ready for the hard fork. Please update immediately
Staking will begin on Saturday when the hard fork kicks in

If I just came to this thread I would think you are talking about this Saturday, Aug 23, and not several weeks ago.
If this thread is supposed to be a prime communication method, it really should have the latest information and be completely up to date at all times.

#MMXIV on Freenode IRC (http://pool.mmxivcoin.com:8082/chat) is the main communication
That link is a chat window on the pool

The main post has been edited, though

Phosphorous

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:38:55 AM

#MMXIV on Freenode IRC (http://pool.mmxivcoin.com:8082/chat) is the main communication

You're kidding, right? You expect every MMXIV holder to stay logged into your chat room 24/7 to monitor for news and updates?
Mortimer452

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:39:56 AM

I've now received 4 stakes of equal size in the last 36 hours with the most recent within the last couple of hours.

What is the TXID or blockhash if you don't mind sharing?  There are no POS blocks in the block explorer for the last 2 days (none that I could find anyway)
MMXIV (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:41:27 AM

You're kidding, right? You expect every MMXIV holder to stay logged into your chat room 24/7 to monitor for news and updates?

No, there are topics on there that link to the important replies of the thread. It's much easier to get ahold of anyone to help you through there. IRC has been around for like 20 years, it's not something new. Any coin that doesn't use it for live updates is really slacking

There is also a bot where you can check multipool stats, as well blockchain information. IRC clients don't require a browser tab to be open

There's usually 10-15 people in there that come and go throughout the day to get updates. It takes two seconds to log in and see if the topic has an update message. We are in there to answer any questions with no delay between replies like on the forum

I recommend Hexchat if you are looking for a client. It helps to be in the exchange channels, too

Phosphorous

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:49:39 AM

What is the TXID or blockhash if you don't mind sharing?  There are no POS blocks in the block explorer for the last 2 days (none that I could find anyway)
Something does look suspicious. All four of the most recent four details show a debit! Here is one of them:
Code:
Date: 8/19/2014 01:59
Debit: 0.00 MMXIV
Net amount: -0.126327 MMXIV
Transaction ID: 82dd35c999fe9fc188238edf640cb5f8bf8b4675a3356972da33d2381e12739b
Mortimer452

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:52:54 AM

Something does look suspicious. All four of the most recent four details show a debit! Here is one of them:
Code:
Date: 8/19/2014 01:59
Debit: 0.00 MMXIV
Net amount: -0.126327 MMXIV
Transaction ID: 82dd35c999fe9fc188238edf640cb5f8bf8b4675a3356972da33d2381e12739b

Looks like an orphan to me.  Are any of your stake blocks confirmed or do they all show a question mark in the wallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: