Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:27:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387451 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:11:26 PM

Since the subscription is anonymous, and can be bought with BTCD, a coin that the same dev also controls, we have to keep the possibility in mind that the number of non-insiders participating may be very small, yet it looks like a great success.

Not wanting to label anyone a scammer without proof, but so far everything fits in a con also, so keep this in mind.

James has always been courteous to me, so it is difficult to continue reminding of this uncertain but probable and serious possibility.

WOW

I see you've resorted to spreading fud in your own thread.

Throw some mud, and a little bit might stick hey!

jl777 has coded the multigateway, NOT the work of a petty con artist!

jl777 also compensated people fully out of his own pocket after bluemeanie scammed over 1 million NXT. I know this as I was one of the people jl777 compensated from his own pocket. Even though the offender was bluemeanie, jl777 took responsibility as he had hired bluemeanie. All this is documented on this forum, and on nxtforum.org. jl777 IS NOT a scammer, but probably most honest developer in this community.

IMO You should apologise asap, and not damage your reputation further with these attempts at trying to muddy the waters over jl777. You will fail, jl777 only looks more honest and professional, and you look scared, freaked out, and too deep into monero for your own liking.

Take a break, and think rationally while you have time. jl777 only wants to work constructively with people. I know this from my own dealings with him. Monero is a good coin, and SuperNET is a good project too. Neither is controlled by any scammers that I can see.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:26:45 PM

My work as an analyst/statistician is not to please people but tell according to my understanding, what the possible scenarios are.

The superNET smells like a con, so there are the following possibilities:

A) It is a con.

B) It is not a con.

I did not even assess probabilities yet because I know so little about it. I am in talks with James over the issue, and I have not found any wrong in him. If you find wrong in me when I acknowledge the possibility that your project is a scam, well then..  Roll Eyes

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:34:53 PM

Some people are just looking for excuses to start a fight. Either they are naturally childish and belligerent or they deliberately try to divide and spread FUD.

Now wonder who have interest to weaken both XMR and BBR communities by playing them off against each other...
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:42:45 PM

Conspiracy theories only sound ridiculous when there isn't a known conspiracy already taking place.

Fact: In the week or so leading up to the attack, virtually every sock puppet there is was accusing XMR of spreading hate towards BBR and making it look like there was some big fight or rivalry between the coins. It was a very deliberate tactic. Most known XMR holders seem to either not pay attention to BBR at all, or hold BBR as well, and any negativity usually came from off-topic provocation by said trolls.

Fact: Both James and CZ had a recent verbal conflict with XMR supporters/devs.

Fact: Both James and CZ graciously offered support to XMR, in spite of "all the hate" that the XMR community had shown them. What a couple of classy, upstanding individuals.

I'm not making accusations. I'm simply saying that at this point, any suspicion is understandable.

I never understood all the "you XMR guys hate BBR" and vice versa.  It seems divisive, and claiming it creates it where it doesn't exist and intensifies it if it does.

Take a lesson from the politicians.  If you have any confidence, you never even mention the "other guys".  It is only when you are floundering that you go negative.
Rise above this.  Focus on the goal, and that goal does not include tearing down anything you didn't make.  The kid that kicks over the other kids sandcastles is the one that is weak and afraid and needing to appear strong.

If you ask me, it went something like:
- BBR started to rise a bit, to about 1/30 of XMR's market cap.
- there was a big influx of trolls masquerading as BBR supporters, to challenge XMR
- another flood of trolls + some actual XMR people joined in to refute "BBR group" claims
- the trolls got so annoying that I also developed some "hate towards BBR" as a result

I had all the time felt sorry towards BBR because it is a symphatetic project and CZ was a bright developer just working alone and nobody buys his coins. It was truly shocking to meet the trolls. Of all I knew, the only ones ever bought into BBR were Monero supporters, as a hedge. There should not be much rivalry.

There was no way BBR could succeed that was clear July at the latest. The price confirmed it. Nobody has ever refuted my terse claim that "BBR does not have any community - show me the proof to the contrary". I felt bad saying that.

Yes, NL - ignoring the other coins is the way to go. Too bad that they come after our blockchain to punish us from being ignored.

I don't want to conclusively label supernet as a scam because I don't have proof. Also I suspect that CZ is Andrey, but I have no proof. Further I suspect that BBR is actually a coin by CN group, as well as Monero was before the takeover. All the other CN coins likewise. This just fits the facts best. I invest accordingly, and it does not include any scamcoins (also it does not include shitcoins, pump&dumpcoins, pre/insta/ninja/fastminecoins, "coins"). There is a precious short list of stuff that qualifies, and Monero is the first, Bitcoin is accepted due to better liquidity.

*If CZ is Andrey, I personally think it is fine and does not make it a scam an sich. I am Risto, nice to meet you!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:47:38 PM

Now wonder who have interest to weaken both XMR and BBR communities by playing them off against each other...

It is a kiss of DEATH to Bitcoin if some "there" try to quench the "competition".

The Monero camp is composed of large Bitcoin holders and if we collectively withdraw our support, at this point it means a steep dive for Bitcoin.

I did not even mention the possibility that other honest bitcoiners might also want to switch allegiance. I know there are many. Bitcoin attracts scammers but also honest people.

gitbknowsall

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:28:59 PM

lol okay suchnekky thanks for trying to sign up on our forum as James.

IP whois for r180-216-114-*.cpe.vividwireless.net.au

% [whois.apnic.net]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

wade06@gmail.com

Feel free to not signup, you are the unwanted.
gitbknowsall

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:34:22 PM

My work as an analyst/statistician is not to please people but tell according to my understanding, what the possible scenarios are.

A) It is a con.

B) It is not a con.

I did not even assess probabilities yet because I know so little about it. I am in talks with James over the issue, and I have not found any wrong in him. If you find wrong in me when I acknowledge the possibility that your project is a scam, well then..  Roll Eyes

So why not collect proof instead of looking to FUD, you don't need to look like an idiot to make a point. Remember the proof is in the pudding, and right now all you have is theoretical ingredients for a pudding you've been dreaming up.
gitbknowsall

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:37:04 PM

Since the subscription is anonymous, and can be bought with BTCD, a coin that the same dev also controls, we have to keep the possibility in mind that the number of non-insiders participating may be very small, yet it looks like a great success.

Not wanting to label anyone a scammer without proof, but so far everything fits in a con also, so keep this in mind.

James has always been courteous to me, so it is difficult to continue reminding of this uncertain but probable and serious possibility.

Based on his recent contributions to the XMR, BBR, and SuperNET threads, I find James to be creepy and untrustworthy. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that his dramatic alienation from Monero, which supposedly led him to create SuperNet and pump BBR, coincided with the recent chain spamming and corrupt block attacks (and the associated anti-Monero shilling/sockpuppetry). As Monero survived the attacks, he turned on a dime and presented himself as Monero's high-minded defender against sniping by some of his SuperNET/BBR/BTCD minions. It all rings false to me, an elaborate charade.

Prior to the attack, BBR was being left behind, in large part because its dev CZ was anonymous and and suspected by some (see the rethink-your-strategy thread) to be one of the CN/Bytecoin scammers. BBR was likely launched as a way to regain a foothold in the CN space after the scam was exposed and Monero gained momentum. BBR was positioning itself as "the other" non-scammy CN coin, but just as it became obvious that Monero was building a decisive lead, along comes SuperNET and the deus ex hackina. Then, in Monero's darkest hour, from both James and CZ we hear calls for solidarity with their Monero brothers and letting bygones be bygones. BBR and Monero would henceforth walk hand in hand, a beautiful synergy.

They come across as arsonists, first at the scene to help put out the fire, who get themselves hailed as rescuers, and slyly ingratiate themselves with the homeowner--waiting for the chance to wreck maximum havoc.

This seems like alot of conspircy theory, any proof to back these claims ? ips of the spamming nodes. Conversation logs that can be verified ?

Conspiracy theories only sound ridiculous when there isn't a known conspiracy already taking place.

Fact: In the week or so leading up to the attack, virtually every sock puppet there is was accusing XMR of spreading hate towards BBR and making it look like there was some big fight or rivalry between the coins. It was a very deliberate tactic. Most known XMR holders seem to either not pay attention to BBR at all, or hold BBR as well, and any negativity usually came from off-topic provocation by said trolls.

Fact: Both James and CZ graciously offered support to XMR, in spite of "all the hate" that the XMR community had shown them. What a couple of classy, upstanding individuals.

I'm not making accusations. I'm simply saying that at this point, any suspicion is understandable.

please make factual references with accompanying urls to said proof.  Saying something is a fact and actually being able to show evidence are two different things. please come correct.
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:46:13 PM

Based on his recent contributions to the XMR, BBR, and SuperNET threads, I find James to be creepy and untrustworthy. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that his dramatic alienation from Monero, which supposedly led him to create SuperNet and pump BBR, coincided with the recent chain spamming and corrupt block attacks (and the associated anti-Monero shilling/sockpuppetry). As Monero survived the attacks, he turned on a dime and presented himself as Monero's high-minded defender against sniping by some of his SuperNET/BBR/BTCD minions. It all rings false to me, an elaborate charade.

Prior to the attack, BBR was being left behind, in large part because its dev CZ was anonymous and and suspected by some (see the rethink-your-strategy thread) to be one of the CN/Bytecoin scammers. BBR was likely launched as a way to regain a foothold in the CN space after the scam was exposed and Monero gained momentum. BBR was positioning itself as "the other" non-scammy CN coin, but just as it became obvious that Monero was building a decisive lead, along comes SuperNET and the deus ex hackina. Then, in Monero's darkest hour, from both James and CZ we hear calls for solidarity with their Monero brothers and letting bygones be bygones. BBR and Monero would henceforth walk hand in hand, a beautiful synergy.

They come across as arsonists, first at the scene to help put out the fire, who get themselves hailed as rescuers, and slyly ingratiate themselves with the homeowner--waiting for the chance to wreck maximum havoc.

This seems like alot of conspircy theory, any proof to back these claims ? ips of the spamming nodes. Conversation logs that can be verified ?

please make factual references with accompanying urls to said proof.  Saying something is a fact and actually being able to show evidence are two different things. please come correct.

I think the proof can be shown by the trolling coming from bbr(also bytecoin coincidentally) is from sockpuppet accounts. I have nothing against bbr(third coin I hold), but a ton of few day old accounts(sockpuppets owned by 1/a few people) are always trolling xmr while "supporting" bbr/bytecoin.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:50:51 PM

It is a kiss of DEATH to Bitcoin if some "there" try to quench the "competition".

The Monero camp is composed of large Bitcoin holders and if we collectively withdraw our support, at this point it means a steep dive for Bitcoin.

I did not even mention the possibility that other honest bitcoiners might also want to switch allegiance. I know there are many. Bitcoin attracts scammers but also honest people.

How is it possible anyone can 'support' bitcoin ?

I do not think it feasible that any group of holders can influence the price like that: surely the holders are now too diverse ?
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:06:52 AM

A) It is a con.

B) It is not a con.

What is the probability that the monero pumping in this thread has blown up in your face, your credibility as an impartial analyst/statistician is now being questioned, and your use of phrases like "The superNET smells like a con" makes impartial readers of this thread see you now as a desperate XMR bag holder who's losing his nerve?

Your conduct in this thread has lessened your reputation on this forum, and you are obviously not an impartial observer of XMR OR superNET, but a major backer of XMR, and someone who (mistakenly IMO) thinks he has a vested interest in seeing superNET and BBR fail.

Does that make you "smell" like a two-bit con man?

There is a 'possibility' I can consider, that you're trying to smear jl777 & superNET because you're scared you might have backed the wrong horse, and you're ego wont let you back down and accept the most reasonable explanation is jl777 & superNET are worthy of support.

IMO Monero is a good long term investment, and so is superNET. Both investments have risks attached, but neither of them is a scam. Anyone who attachs 'smells like a con' to either is pushing an agenda.

@rpietila, open your mind, invest and support XMR AND superNET! Both are high quality options.

visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:57:26 AM

A) It is a con.

B) It is not a con.

I did not even assess probabilities yet because I know so little about it. I am in talks with James over the issue, and I have not found any wrong in him. If you find wrong in me when I acknowledge the possibility that your project is a scam, well then..  Roll Eyes

So why not collect proof instead of looking to FUD, you don't need to look like an idiot to make a point. Remember the proof is in the pudding, and right now all you have is theoretical ingredients for a pudding you've been dreaming up.

So do you suggest waiting for a scam to happen and then consider the possibility of a scam? That is entirely erroneous. This is purely speculation, no one can be sure what the intent is of jl or any other dev for that matter until something happens. Only the madman is sure; if you want to play the role, then step right up. but the madman dies first. maybe he gets lucky and crosses the rickety wooden bridge, but his luck will run out eventually.

besides MGW, some of us are still waiting for more of this "proof in the pudding". It is pretty watered down right now and I think it needs more chocolate and sugar before I take another bite. The pudding has potential though, so the spoon remains clutched in my hand. i will take another bite when i think it will taste better

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:00:15 AM

A) It is a con.

B) It is not a con.

Sounds fair enough to me......I'm in the SuperNet is not a con camp, but time will tell.
I like the idea of co-operation between cryptos, and now that NXTs AE and the multigateways are up, NXT can be used as a very powerful tool to bind various coin systems together, and to allow the unique features of each sytem to be utilised by all currencies in the system.
The synergistic system that SuperNET will create could be much greater than the sum of its parts, and may even be the way to push crypto down the road to mainstream adoption.......which is what we all want and need right now.

My decision to go into SuperNET is, ultimately, very much based on James track record so far. I've seen him create a lot of amazing stuff within NXT, his BTCD work looks very good, and I find it hard to believe that he is working a long scam......unless he is working the longest scam of all: being completely legitimate.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
visual111

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:07:05 AM

My decision to go into SuperNET is, ultimately, very much based on James track record so far. I've seen him create a lot of amazing stuff within NXT, his BTCD work looks very good, and I find it hard to believe that he is working a long scam......unless he is working the longest scam of all: being completely legitimate.

What work has he done (completed) besides MGW? (MGW is great, by the way)

This is where I am stumped. He has a great vision; I have had a few back and forths with him and like where he wants to go. But I remain dubious until I see some completed projects (teleport is next?).

Lots of funding just rolled in, so it will be interesting to see what happens. loads of potential (still hodling onto my spoon), just waiting on execution. it would be nice if someone inspected the code that he has written and posted on github and attest to what it is. unfortunately my education is in counting caterpillars and changing lightbulbs; programming languages means nothing to me!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES

EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:25:40 AM

Apart from MGW (which is pretty damn nifty), most of James (completed) work has been on creating a complex system of interlinked funds based on NXT Asset Exchange:
NXTventure, sharkfund, jl777hodl, mgw (asset), and probably some more i've forgotten

and heres his stuff on BTCD and Teleport:
http://www.flipgorilla.com/p/23023990364728535/show#/23023990364728535/2

He's also got a shedload of projects in various stages of development, and I'm pretty confident (based on his performance with MGW) that he will complete them:
PrivateBET, InstantDex, Tradebots.....SuperNET!

He's a busy little sod, seems like too much work for a scammer, tbh.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 01:47:03 AM

Apart from MGW (which is pretty damn nifty), most of James (completed) work has been on creating a complex system of interlinked funds based on NXT Asset Exchange:
NXTventure, sharkfund, jl777hodl, mgw (asset), and probably some more i've forgotten

He's also got a shedload of projects in various stages of development, and I'm pretty confident (based on his performance with MGW) that he will complete them:

It is just that it looks like he is messing with too many things and maybe he wont have enough time to finish everything? Especially when he is on forums all day long selling stuff he hasnt finished yet. Thats too muh risk for me. Well when i will see that things are working and everything is fine i will be glad to invest. I will probably lose most of the gains but its safer this way.
visual111

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:50:20 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 02:01:02 AM by visual111

But it doesn't seem like much work to create an asset. 1000 NXT and a description? Venture just funds other projects. Sharkfund is a high(er) risk investment fund. jl777 is leverage for jl assets. These assets don't require much WORK, especially for an intelligent person.

I'm skeptical about "he's also got a shedload of projects in various stages of development". Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I can't read code! I'm not interested in promises, I want some sugar and chocolate for my pudding.

None of this is indicative of "business" to me, but only because I am ignorant of coding. Perhaps the coding he is doing is complex. Or maybe he is just putting up nonsense on github? I don't know, I can't make a judgment on that. The code is my biggest obstacle. If I could interpret the code, I would have formulated an opinion. for now..not much I can do but wait for releases and test them myself.

please note i am not criticizing jl nor his work. seeing this unfold is like watching a magician remove the curtain (hopefully a beautiful woman is behind the veil!). i just don't like fanboys (nationalists in "real world") who believe everything said by their favorite "leader" (leader is a poor word that i don't think jl would subscribe to, but i cannot think of anything else atm)

It is just that it looks like he is messing with too many things and maybe he wont have enough time to finish everything? Especially when he is on forums all day long selling stuff he hasnt finished yet. Thats too muh risk for me. Well when i will see that things are working and everything is fine i will be glad to invest. I will probably lose most of the gains but its safer this way.

I don't think people should be operating under the assumption that entity "jl777" is one person. Just as satoshi may have been a group of cryptographers; "jl777" could be a group of people. or maybe he is just one (wo)man? or maybe he is an extraterrestrial. one can only speculate

INTRODUCING WAVES

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:21:24 AM

It feels more like a con magnificent pyramid that the master builder may himself believe. Only certain type of people can do it. It is ... captivating. You almost feel that you .. have to buy those "assets". It does not matter that they are just derivatives of each other, with the eventual, solid backing in altcoins such as BBR, NXT or BTCD. The ... network is the keyword. Has always been. Network has value. It does not matter what actually is the supposed earnings model. The big unifying network becomes all the more valuable the bigger it gets. If I can just create a system where the person in the inner edge is marginally better off than the person in the outer edge, given time, all people join my network and the value becomes infinite. I can monetize this infinite value now ... by just offering these shares ...

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:30:34 AM

Seriously...... I am trying to understand what you are saying, but it seems you are suggesting that a few big bitcoin holders can collectively tank Bitcoin. If this is the case, then Bitcoin is the biggest scam ever.

I have always held that old holders have to divest theirs coins for Bitcoin to move forward, I think your statement makes me certain of that sentiment now.

Please sell your stash asap so we can all move along.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
NASdaq

Activity: 303

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:31:26 AM

It feels more like a con magnificent pyramid that the master builder may himself believe. Only certain type of people can do it. It is ... captivating. You almost feel that you .. have to buy those "assets". It does not matter that they are just derivatives of each other, with the eventual, solid backing in altcoins such as BBR, NXT or BTCD. The ... network is the keyword. Has always been. Network has value. It does not matter what actually is the supposed earnings model. The big unifying network becomes all the more valuable the bigger it gets. If I can just create a system where the person in the inner edge is marginally better off than the person in the outer edge, given time, all people join my network and the value becomes infinite. I can monetize this infinite value now ... by just offering these shares ...

It does feel like con to me too sometimes. How can one guy do all this stuff? But I have read so many posts from jl777 that I believe I can see what he's doing. The crypto economy is so new, and around NXT where jl777 has been centered so far, it is less than 12 months old. Hard to comprehend but true. jl777 obviously has a unique combination of attributes
- amazing work ethic, every day 16 hours, his posting record alone is amazing
- obvious background in financial markets
- obvious coding ability
- inspiring communicator

If you put these two things together (unique moment in crypto history & unique individual in jl777) it isn't hard to come to the conclusion that jl777 and superNET and teleporting etc, are real opportunities, and there is nothing untoward going on under the surface here.

I was skeptical of jl777 for sometime too, then finally after much thought I came to the conclusion that the entity 'jl777' is probably going to deliver most of these things as he has promised. As time has gone on I believe 'James' has acquired some helpers, so I do believe 'jl777' is a group of people working under James' leadership, but maybe that is wrong, maybe James is an alien who doesn't need sleep.

I think the best way to view what's going now is to think about 19th century colonial expansion in the Western USA . The first settlers who went west to farm or dig for gold often didn't have the skills, experience, or work ethic to make a success of it. But if you look at the history of those frontier communities there were often individuals who settled in those fledgling towns who knew the potential, and had the courage and will and (most importantly) the skill and work ethic to carve out multiple opportunities at the same time. That's the difference between European aristocratic families, and the self-made families of 19th century USA. Self made people from pioneering communities could create vast empires out of nothing, because the potential and need was so great. There was literally nothing there in those towns, and everything had to be built. Do you do one building after another? No, you start building many needed things at the same time.

There was so much potential in those frontier towns that it was possible for a single individual to start off with very little and still amass a vast empire, so a guy might start mining, and then use his first earnings to buy materials to build a store, then become a supplier of general goods and mining equipment, then use those profits to start AT THE SAME TIME a brothel & saloon, buy up mining leases, operate a coach service to surrounding towns, and then help other people setup needed businesses in the town like a butcher, barber, doctor, hotel, stables, blacksmith etc each time helping another self-starter find their feet, and taking a percentage in their business, or maybe owning their premises and receiving rent.

Such an individuals would have appeared like jl777. "he owns half the town, he's the mayor, the sheriff, he literally has created 80% of the town". These people needed others to help them build their empires, and so most would have been working for mutual gain. You help me, and I'll help you. Some would have been ruthless too, and just like the crypto economy now, many of these towns had no official law enforcement, so the 'big man' became the sheriff, or at least organised for there to be a sheriff.

The people who seized the opportunity in the frontier communities could, and did do many things all at the same time because there was so much need for those services and businesses, and there wasn't much competition (most people would be content with working by day, and sleeping by night, or drinking or chasing woman) but some people in those communities could see the unique circumstances, and they worked incredibly hard, and with some luck, and co-operation from others, they amassed vast empires, but many would have had strong community support, because with out their efforts, those towns would have been like camping grounds in the wilderness for many years without them. If you were a first settler in a hell hole pioneering town, you would want a self-starter guy to start building the town, wouldn't you?

I am convinced that jl777 is just like those pioneering empire builders, and IMO there is nothing wrong with it at all. The crypto economy is still barren without basic infrastructure to function properly yet, but there is vast opportunity everywhere, and people like jl777 have the skills and work ethic, plus the communication skills and ethics to bond people together in a spirit of mutual co-operation to make things happen quickly, and to me it makes perfect sense that a lot of his projects are happening simultaneously.

Just like in a pioneering town, the farsighted business man would look down an empty main street and start imagining all the businesses that should be there, and so he can start helping to create them all at the same time. I know I am not like jl777, and could never accomplish what he will, but I am so glad to be able to invest in his projects and share in his efforts.

This is a unique time in crypto history, and jl777 is a unique entity, but that doesn't mean scam.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: