Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
TeamDisaster

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 11:55:51 PM

I think it's just a case of cryptocurrency being such a confidence-based thing - if people don't see the devs / PR being active, they might start to worry.  While appreciating that I am still very much a beginner at all this. it seems to me that there have been a number of unscrupulous teams in the past who just grabbed the money and ran, so it's only natural that people would be a bit nervous that devs of other coins would do the same.  I'm sure the vast majority of the people who frequent this thread genuinely hope for the best and wish to see HYPER go from strength to strength, but that won't stop people also fearing the worst.

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:59:48 PM

I think it's just a case of cryptocurrency being such a confidence-based thing - if people don't see the devs / PR being active, they might start to worry.  While appreciating that I am still very much a beginner at all this. it seems to me that there have been a number of unscrupulous teams in the past who just grabbed the money and ran, so it's only natural that people would be a bit nervous that devs of other coins would do the same.  I'm sure the vast majority of the people who frequent this thread genuinely hope for the best and wish to see HYPER go from strength to strength, but that won't stop people also fearing the worst.

This. The thought that someone not showing up for an extended period (a week+ is huge in crypto time) wouldn't affect anything is asinine. It has a direct impact on people's confidence in the project.

Do I believe that he's gone, working on something related to the project to help give it value? Yes. But what you or I think means absolutely nothing. It's the community as a whole that matters. And when someone is missing or not showing up on a regular basis, the community takes it as a negative sign.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
BitPhotos

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 12:06:12 AM

Hey the CS:GO server has been unplayabley laggy for me. Just letting you know. Thanks!  Grin

There are several servers, which one?

It does seem to be somewhat of a puzzling situation.... It's no surprise the price has wavered in his absence.  HYPERfuture did say he'd still be around a lot, but this remains to be seen.....

There's just too much FUD in crypto, so even though he forecasted his absence, not everyone reads this thread every day. The HYPERfoundation is necessary for future success, as long as HYPERfuture is scarce. Newcomers need some sense of leadership around here, or at least something to make them feel comfortable investing.

@meowball, was there any additional correspondence between yourself and the dev regarding the foundation? HYPER needs a face while future is taking care of business.

HYPERfuture has taken vacations multiple times before. You are all free to think the price movement is due to every breathe HYPERfuture takes, but that is not how things work.

sorry my bad, the US east coast server. my ping is around 50 which shouldnt be too bad but i cant even play its so laggy

Ignatius

Activity: 409

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:10:41 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 02:08:53 AM by Ignatius

Hey the CS:GO server has been unplayabley laggy for me. Just letting you know. Thanks!  Grin

There are several servers, which one?

It does seem to be somewhat of a puzzling situation.... It's no surprise the price has wavered in his absence.  HYPERfuture did say he'd still be around a lot, but this remains to be seen.....

There's just too much FUD in crypto, so even though he forecasted his absence, not everyone reads this thread every day. The HYPERfoundation is necessary for future success, as long as HYPERfuture is scarce. Newcomers need some sense of leadership around here, or at least something to make them feel comfortable investing.

@meowball, was there any additional correspondence between yourself and the dev regarding the foundation? HYPER needs a face while future is taking care of business.

HYPERfuture has taken vacations multiple times before. You are all free to think the price movement is due to every breathe HYPERfuture takes, but that is not how things work.

Hey, no worries Ignatius. I was merely trying to say there needs to be a "face" in place for when he's out.  The drop may not be attributed to his absence 100%, but you can't tell me a coin doesn't suffer when the dev is silent or unknown.  If I own a portion of this coin, I have the right to bring it to the table in a respectable manner.  I feel like I did that.

I truly meant no ill will man Smiley

Sorry I did not mean anything bad by my post. I agree, HYPER needs a "face" or group in place to handle things when HYPER can not. Unfortunately even that will not save the exchange rate. We are fighting an uphill battle where more than 5% of value needs to be added to the HYPER project per month just to break even against the losses caused by the 5% POS. It is very possible to do this, but takes a lot more than a dev making a forum post.

I mean no ill will either. I hold a few HYPER as well. There are very few people who hold enough HYPER to create some of the recent market orders. The majority of market activity involves automated trading software which may not have the HYPER projects best interests in mind. Normal market behavior, but it's effects can be exaggerated in low liquidity markets.

I think it's just a case of cryptocurrency being such a confidence-based thing - if people don't see the devs / PR being active, they might start to worry.  While appreciating that I am still very much a beginner at all this. it seems to me that there have been a number of unscrupulous teams in the past who just grabbed the money and ran, so it's only natural that people would be a bit nervous that devs of other coins would do the same.  I'm sure the vast majority of the people who frequent this thread genuinely hope for the best and wish to see HYPER go from strength to strength, but that won't stop people also fearing the worst.

Market confidence does not control automated trading bots. "The great thing about the market is that it has nothing to do with the actual stocks."

HYPER has been around for over 1 year, that alone puts it miles ahead of the vast majority of alts. Unscrupulous devs and teams pump and dump quickly, then rinse and repeat. HYPER has never done so, and it's funds are held by a third party to prevent the possibility of that occurring. These sorts of things are what creates confidence.

The thought that someone not showing up for an extended period (a week+ is huge in crypto time) wouldn't affect anything is asinine. It has a direct impact on people's confidence in the project.

Do I believe that he's gone, working on something related to the project to help give it value? Yes. But what you or I think means absolutely nothing. It's the community as a whole that matters. And when someone is missing or not showing up on a regular basis, the community takes it as a negative sign.

Every time HYPERfuture has not posted for a few days these posts show up. They are the only result of his absence. The argument seems to be that the exchange rate is directly tied to HYPERfutures activity in a forum thread and "market confidence".  Investors gain confidence via an anonymous entities forum post? If it were really about confidence then the frequency of forum posts might take back stage to qualifications, education, experience, progress, and business plans.

sorry my bad, the US east coast server. my ping is around 50 which shouldnt be too bad but i cant even play its so laggy

I will check on it right now, thanks for the report. CSGO? CS 1.6? Checked on both and all was fine. I will keep an eye on them and see if I can find the problem.
pinkie31

Activity: 300

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:23:25 AM

I see the asseto corsa hotlaps not being paid out, already was a puny reward compared to shitty csgo.   Such a shame loved getting very small amounts of hyper for racing. Roll Eyes
Ignatius

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:26:03 AM

I see the asseto corsa hotlaps not being paid out, already was a puny reward compared to shitty csgo.   Such a shame loved getting very small amounts of hyper for racing. Roll Eyes

HYPERFuture will return and payout on the hotlap competition, just like every other time.  Roll Eyes

Unless you are dads19, you did not win?
TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 08:36:38 AM

@Ignatius - what percentage of trading is done by bots?  (I genuinely have no idea.) 

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Ignatius

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:52:18 AM

@Ignatius - what percentage of trading is done by bots?  (I genuinely have no idea.)  

Done by bots as in a bot is on at least one side of the transaction? Trading is a two way street. I have no hard numbers, but the majority of trades involve automated software. For all currencies...even fiat.

It's "noise". If the market were more liquid the activity wouldn't have as much of an impact. Right now a $1,000 USD buy order would nearly double the value of HYPER. Selling $1,000 would drop HYPER by ~50%. The bots do not check for forum posts, although I would not mind seeing the backtest results of various trading strategies which did try to implement such a metric.

The cryptocurrency market remains unregulated in most jurisdictions, it is the bot Olympics.
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:59:19 AM

Well RUST server is now officially dead i think :/
Waiting on the Blizz rewards and the HYPER we had on the server seems lost now also.

I hope HyperFuture comes in soon ans sorts this mess out. I understand if the competition gets cancelled (tho server popularity was highest it has ever been) but at least the winners would like to get the HYPER they had in the game and the monthly reward(for Jan 15th - Feb 15th)

From my understanding Falcon lost interest in the project.
Ignatius

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:01:00 AM

Well RUST server is now officially dead i think :/
Waiting on the Blizz rewards and the HYPER we had on the server seems lost now also.

I hope HyperFuture comes in soon ans sorts this mess out. I understand if the competition gets cancelled (tho server popularity was highest it has ever been) but at least the winners would like to get the HYPER they had in the game and the monthly reward(for Jan 15th - Feb 15th)

What makes you say that? I am too lazy to look but didn't the admin, Falcon, say he was going on a vacation?

Edit: oh...

This is pretty much the case. Just been very busy in real life! I am still 100% committed to HYPER and I am making many long term sponsorship and advertising deals to make sure HYPER is THE gaming crypto for long into the future Wink I apologize if my absence of 1 week has worried anyone. Coin development is a more than full time job, and the only HYPER I have is HYPER I bought when it was much cheaper than it is today. It's not like I get a regular salary. I can say with confidence that as a gaming cryptocurrency HYPER has the most extensive ecosystem out there and will continue to grow on into 2015. So if I am gone for a week or so in the future do NOT panic! Maybe better to just buy cheap HYPER when weak hands sell their stack Wink

Unfortunately, the spending on all the monthly HYPER gaming competitions and servers is still unsustainable. I have given Falcon the necessary HYPER to pay out the last winners of the Rust competition. But moving forward there will no longer be any HYPER Rust competitions, as we are spending too much per month on all the gaming competitions. Hopefully Rust can return when HYPER goes up in value again soon!

We have A LOT of game servers and ways for people to play for HYPER, so my new focus is on indie games and partnerships with other online games that can integrate our currency. Full game server list can be seen on the wiki at http://hypercrypto.com/wiki

Are there no forum posts at www.hypercrypto/forums which mention this? Or the wiki?
edmundduke
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:13:15 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 09:26:06 AM by edmundduke

Well thats the thing there is absolutely no notice anywhere on the site, wiki or the forums. Im guessing it was only told here then.
I understand if it is cut, as HYPER is supporting/financing a lot of projects so cuts need to be made.

But the thing is competition ends Feb 15th and Post about cancelling it was on Feb 12th.
Does this mean it was cancelled days before the "payment date" along with the HYPER we had on the server.

EDIT: Still listed in the OP also it seems.
Ignatius

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:28:07 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 12:39:32 PM by Ignatius

Well thats the thing there is absolutely no notice anywhere on the site, wiki or the forums. Im guessing it was only told here then.
I understand if it is cut, as HYPER is supporting/financing a lot of projects so cuts need to be made.

But the thing is competition ends Feb 15th and Post about cancelling it was on Feb 12th.
Does this mean it was cancelled days before the "payment date" along with the HYPER we had on the server.

I have no idea what is going on with that. It would obviously be helpful if someone added that info the wiki and closed or altered the active forum threads. His post said he gave Falcon the HYPER to pay out for the competition. Thus far things have always been handled fairly, so all balances held prior to the change should be paid out. I am sure we will hear from HYPERfuture, Falcon, or both.

If this wallet would finish sinking I could send out pending CS withdrawals.  "blocks" : 897659

I think not paying out competitions on time is worse for investor confidence than infrequent forum posts, but all opinions are welcomed here.
edmundduke
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:34:57 AM

I have no idea what is going on with that. It would obviously be helpful if someone added that info the wiki and closed or altered the active forum threads. His post said he gave Falcon the HYPER to pay out for the competition. Thus far things have always been handled fairly, so all balances held prior to the change should be paid out. I am sure we will hear from HYPERfuture, Falcon, or both.

If this wallet would finish sinking I could send out pending CS withdrawals.  "blocks" : 897659

I think not paying out competitions on time is worse for investor confidence than frequency of forum posts, but all opinions are welcomed here.

Im also rather certain it will get sorted just an inconvenience for the users.

But yes im guessing the last competition was from 15th jan to 15th feb so those funds along with balances are still to be seen.

And i agree. The delays in paying competition winnings hurts for sure. For example the RUST Dec 15th to Jan 15th was pa'yd out over 3 weeks late. Somewhere in the start of February. Now that is a long delay.
TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:51:59 PM

I'm curious as to how many people use HYPER as in-game currency, as that seems to be one of the main intended uses of it?  Or are there not quite enough MMOs using it for it to properly catch on for that purpose as yet?

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Necroflex

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:00:25 AM

Good morning.
 I need help. I reinstall OC and want to transfer my Hyper wallet to other PC. I copy wallet.dat file. Problem: Hyper wallet synth to 79.93% and stop with my old wallet. https://yadi.sk/i/3vXwDD_-ev3XA Wallet not repair, if I choose repair wallet comand.
 If I run Hyper wallet without old wallet, synth pass. I want to change new walet.dat to old, but give database error. https://yadi.sk/i/GLBW5McOev3aZ
LabKitty

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

(ノಠ ∩ಠ)ノ彡B

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:20:53 AM

If this wallet would finish sinking I could send out pending CS withdrawals.  "blocks" : 897659

I think not paying out competitions on time is worse for investor confidence than frequency of forum posts, but all opinions are welcomed here.

Im also rather certain it will get sorted just an inconvenience for the users.

But yes im guessing the last competition was from 15th jan to 15th feb so those funds along with balances are still to be seen.

And i agree. The delays in paying competition winnings hurts for sure. For example the RUST Dec 15th to Jan 15th was pa'yd out over 3 weeks late. Somewhere in the start of February. Now that is a long delay.

As for that, I checked all the posts and even forum/wiki for "Cancelation". There wasn't any info about it what so ever, thats why I came to bitcointalk to sniff about it.

Undecided Pretty sad, I enjoyed playing Rust for fun.. not for Hyper, just to blow up some people. Now that server doesn't exist.  Palad1n and Core houses were taken by me Smiley Smiley, nexttime don't use flashlights in houses and smelt at night. Thanks for the free loot.

As for that, you should change information on website regards on changes. Not all tend to use bitcointalk.
HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 04:24:12 PM

Hey everyone!

Sorry something personal (a kind of emergency) has been taking up all of my time over the past week.

I should be back and working on HYPER again on Wednesday or so.

Thank you everyone for your patience!

Expect big things to come on my return, including some PR campaigns and the Whitepaper (finally!) to be released.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:30:43 PM

Hey everyone!

Sorry something personal (a kind of emergency) has been taking up all of my time over the past week.

Expect big things to come on my return, including some PR campaigns and the Whitepaper (finally!) to be released.

Looking forward to the whitepaper! Really interested in evaluating it, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:22:23 PM

Hmm... thought I'd posted this already, but I don't see it...

Welcome back HYPERfuture!  Hope the emergency is completely over now.

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:34:15 PM

Hey everyone!

Nice! I was looking at HYPER since some time now, will surely look into it closer! Wink
Cheers guys!

~ Strugg

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: