Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
cryptoskibum

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:58:23 PM

Hi - I'm currently running the Mac wallet but have noticed that it doesn't seem to be staking the the rate it should be. Also, the performance of the whole wallet is so slow. Was thinking it may now be the time to get a windows machine, but had a few questions?

1. When I backup my wallet.dat on the Mac, can I use that file on a PC?
2. Trying to keep costs down - would a micro pc like this work:
http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Fanless-Windows%C2%AE-Baytrail-T-Quad-core/dp/B00SCBWF52/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439222005&sr=1-3&refinements=p_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A5945862011

Thanks!

Hi. Yes, the Mac Hyper wallet is not supported currently.

1. Yes. I've personally used my wallet.dat files from a PC and moved them to Ubuntu. You should always keep a copy of your wallet.dat file before transferring it. I would suggest keeping it on a flashdrive from your Mac. Then after you install the wallet on the new Windows machine, close the wallet, and copy (so you have a copy on your flash-drive too) your wallet.dat to your Windows computer into the folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Hyper.

Then when you run the wallet again, after it syncs, your funds should be the same as before.

2. Personally I think it will work fine, because Hyper doesn't seem to need much to run, but I can't be completely sure on this. I don't believe there are minimum requirements listed for running the Hyper wallet. Maybe someone who knows more about computers can handle that question.

Thank you for the response. Hopefully someone else will chime in about the hardware requirements.

Just a thought - would it be a better solution to install Ubuntu through Bootcamp and then run the Linux version of the wallet or to get a Windows micro pc? Any thoughts are appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:01:01 PM

Hi - I'm currently running the Mac wallet but have noticed that it doesn't seem to be staking the the rate it should be. Also, the performance of the whole wallet is so slow. Was thinking it may now be the time to get a windows machine, but had a few questions?

http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Fanless-Windows%C2%AE-Baytrail-T-Quad-core/dp/B00SCBWF52/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439222005&sr=1-3&refinements=p_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A5945862011

Thanks!

1. Yes. I've personally used my wallet.dat files from a PC and moved them to Ubuntu. You should always keep a copy of your wallet.dat file before transferring it. I would suggest keeping it on a flashdrive from your Mac. Then after you install the wallet on the new Windows machine, close the wallet, and copy (so you have a copy on your flash-drive too) your wallet.dat to your Windows computer into the folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Hyper.

Then when you run the wallet again, after it syncs, your funds should be the same as before.

2. Personally I think it will work fine, because Hyper doesn't seem to need much to run, but I can't be completely sure on this. I don't believe there are minimum requirements listed for running the Hyper wallet. Maybe someone who knows more about computers can handle that question.

Thank you for the response. Hopefully someone else will chime in about the hardware requirements.

Just a thought - would it be a better solution to install Ubuntu through Bootcamp and then run the Linux version of the wallet or to get a Windows micro pc? Any thoughts are appreciated.

That would depend on you personally. As long as you know how to use Bootcamp and set up Ubuntu, then it shouldn't be too difficult to set up the wallet. I believe HYPERFuture said the Linux wallet is easier than ever to get running. You can also do this before going ahead and buying another computer, so that's good. If you need any help installing Ubuntu or the Hyper wallet, feel free to ask. Smiley

Just remember to always save a copy of your wallet.dat file elsewhere. It's especially important when installing operating systems.
HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:35:37 PM

Thanks!

That would depend on you personally. As long as you know how to use Bootcamp and set up Ubuntu, then it shouldn't be too difficult to set up the wallet. I believe HYPERFuture said the Linux wallet is easier than ever to get running. You can also do this before going ahead and buying another computer, so that's good. If you need any help installing Ubuntu or the Hyper wallet, feel free to ask. Smiley

Just remember to always save a copy of your wallet.dat file elsewhere. It's especially important when installing operating systems.

HYPER wallet on Git is now very easy to install on Linux.

Otherwise, a small dedicated HYPER staking machine is a great idea. Eventually, I want someone to release one of these. You could try a Raspberry Pi, if it goes well maybe you can sell dedicated, preconfigured HYPER staking machines for HYPER Smiley

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 09:09:37 PM

It's official HYPER has been added to http://shapeshift.io a few days ago

Here was the announcement on twitter: https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io/status/630038353874944000

Now everyone can trade HYPER including on their iPhones. Enjoy!

We are really grateful for the support from the ShapeShift team.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
rghmodz

Activity: 625

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:51:46 PM

Here was the announcement on twitter: https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io/status/630038353874944000

Wow that's amazing.  Great news!

cryptoskibum

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:54:53 AM

Thanks!

Otherwise, a small dedicated HYPER staking machine is a great idea. Eventually, I want someone to release one of these. You could try a Raspberry Pi, if it goes well maybe you can sell dedicated, preconfigured HYPER staking machines for HYPER Smiley

Great, thanks. I think I'm going to give the Linux install on the Mac a shot this weekend and see how it goes. I'll be sure to back up the wallet.dat before attempting. I'll also be sure to post how it goes - good or bad.

Love the idea of a dedicated staking machine! Hope to set something like that up down the road, but probably not until we hit 100,000 Sats  Shocked
mentaldepth

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:46:58 AM

0o0 omg I love the sounds of this coin, why so long for me to find and read it!!!! just like c2 ages ago but heaps better!!! I am a newbie with scrypting but I do run my own CSGO server and would love to contribute in any way possible. (It is only a dedicated server from home in aussy with bad net) so only roughly 15 people can play in my server but I will upgrade my net soon Cheesy s0o0 cool Ima buy up.

☣Mental☣
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:19:53 AM

Thanks!

Great, thanks. I think I'm going to give the Linux install on the Mac a shot this weekend and see how it goes. I'll be sure to back up the wallet.dat before attempting. I'll also be sure to post how it goes - good or bad.

Love the idea of a dedicated staking machine! Hope to set something like that up down the road, but probably not until we hit 100,000 Sats  Shocked

I like the idea of a dedicated staking machine, but this creates an issue: too many transaction splits. We need the client addition that some coins have (ENRG just added it as well) that allows you to set a threshold before staking a block. For example, if you set it at 1000, it won't try to stake a block until it would result in an earning of 1k coins or more. This keeps you from going from 2->4->8->16->32->64->128->256->...10k+ transactions within a couple weeks.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:05:01 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 02:07:47 PM by crazyjack

Wow that's amazing.  Great news!

i already made 3 transactions and its really great, especially for small ones..
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:33:32 PM

The first hyper know, it looks like first-HYPER BTC trade value around, 0.00019, but why now only about 0.00001-0.00004BTC

Wait a little...

yeah you can see now :v
price is 0.00039,
but all hyper was sell :v 11000 hyper >.<
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:09:49 PM

You guys really really need to get on Poloniex. The volume there is crazy and after Gamercoin went from $20,000 to 2 million people will be on the lookout for quality coins on Polo. @HYPERcrypto please can you get us added? They are smart/nice people.
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:34:18 PM

You guys really really need to get on Poloniex. The volume there is crazy and after Gamercoin went from $20,000 to 2 million people will be on the lookout for quality coins on Polo. @HYPERcrypto please can you get us added? They are smart/nice people.

There's really no need for that. One exchange is enough. Those honestly willing to be a part of community and wish to buy some HYPER, they will use Bittrex. It's really no big deal to buy some HYPER with them and its great exchange.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:43:35 PM

There's really no need for that. One exchange is enough. Those honestly willing to be a part of community and wish to buy some HYPER, they will use Bittrex. It's really no big deal to buy some HYPER with them and its great exchange.

Also, it's on shapeshift.io now. Smiley
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:16:51 PM

Bittrex??? yeah right man. You might want to note the quality of coins on Polo compared to shittrex. Anyhow, dev can you do this for us? Poloniex is much bigger than bittrex and could bring in lots of new eyes.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:47:32 PM

Bittrex??? yeah right man. You might want to note the quality of coins on Polo compared to shittrex. Anyhow, dev can you do this for us? Poloniex is much bigger than bittrex and could bring in lots of new eyes.
It isn't really the Dev that gets coins listed on an exchange.  If enough people ask for it to be added then it might get added.  Have you asked/voted/whatever for Hyper to be added at Poloniex? 
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:53:04 PM

It isn't really the Dev that gets coins listed on an exchange.  If enough people ask for it to be added then it might get added.  Have you asked/voted/whatever for Hyper to be added at Poloniex? 

i agree. Coins get added by demand! Show to them you want it, then it will come!  Smiley

rghmodz

Activity: 625

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:01:59 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 08:31:52 AM by rghmodz

Question for everyone here. My desktop gaming computer is now in the basement and the router is in the second floor. Would this wireless adapter have good connection for gaming? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320173

This is the router I have http://www.bestbuy.com/site/linksys-wireless-ac-dual-band-smart-wi-fi-router-with-4-port-gigabit-ethernet-switch-black/5265041.p?id=1219649734767&skuId=5265041

I will be playing FPS multiplayer games mostly.

Will this work fine if I am in basement and router is on second floor?

Edit: I should be able to. I can play on my laptop while in basement with not a lot of lag.

StakeBox

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 11:54:15 PM

Thanks!

I was just caught this conversation and thought I might chime in real quick. HYPER is now supported on the StakeBox, check it out, StakeBox.com.

Low power dedicated staking hardware, learn more at StakeBox.com
Raspberry Pi wallets at github.com/StakeBox
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:16:52 PM

Thanks!

I was just caught this conversation and thought I might chime in real quick. HYPER is now supported on the StakeBox, check it out, StakeBox.com.

nice, looks like it uses a raspberry pi. very cool!
crypto_believer

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 03:19:46 PM

Hello, I am a big supporter of hyper, long term.
But check out what the guys over at Genesys coin are doing. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1144365.0
cool idea of in-wallet game play, and betting from the wallet coming soon.

Just thought you would like to know.

Crypto in gaming is starting to get some well deserved attention.

Cheers!

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: