Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:45:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 [809] 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wobbzz

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:23:25 AM

Hi all

Just a quick remark about Rev 2.

7/7/14 was the date upon which we promised you multipath.

We delivered that, and also a quick world-first on the side: trustless mixing.

Once a new revision is released, it always gets worked on, improved, polished. So you should expect updates following a major "rev".

We wouldn't have put out an early build of multipath before 7/7/14, so you shouldn't be surprised that we're finishing off Rev 2 after the date. Otherwise we would've jumped the Rev 2 gun.

Ideally we would've put out a more mature version on 7/7/14, but hey, world first.

The full Rev 2 will be out in due course, but don't feel that we're behind on a deadline or something. We gave you multipath on the day, and then some.

do we already have xnodes auromatically configurated and working (with 550+ coins) on version v0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42? multipath added?

Not yet but its coming!

I am a XC investor/donator. I don't like the conflicting information that flows around here.

ATC has clearly stated that multipath has not been released. How can you say it was delivered on the day? By my account, distributed trustless mixing was released (the day after the date), not multipath. I would just like for integrity to be maintained around here. Otherwise, you are just asking for fud. Bitcad4u's idea regarding a figure showing features expected vs delivered would provide some verbal continuity.

Thank you XC team for all of your continued dedication to the success of XC!  Grin

Distributed = Multipath...  

How do you distribute things when it's going down one single path (eg. not multi) and centralized?

No.

Distributed = not using a centralized node for mixing. It means that the sender can pick any wallet on the network to mix transactions with.

Multipath = breaking up the transaction into multiple parts and sending each one to a different "distributed" node.

Centralized becomes Decentralized (all wallets)

Single Path/Not distributed becomes Multipath/distributed

eg.  You can still have multipath if say there are only 5 centralized "masternodes" in the world.   It's still multipath, just that it goes through 5 centralized masternodes. 

XC uses multipath AND non decentralized (all wallets).

MULTIPATH ARCHITECTURE

Before a transaction or a message moves through the XC network, it’s first broken down into small fragments, which are then sent along multiple, randomly selected paths through the network.

What you describe, what the site describes, and what I've observed seem to be different.

I believe I have seen Dan reference "multipath" and "decentralized trustless mixing (DTM)" as two separate features all-together, based on quoted forum posts and IRC (which I unfortunately don't have a log for). Again, we're without adequate details about what these features entail (from someone in an official capacity) and we lack a clear representation of what has been released vs still under development. I know this is asking a lot. But if we're going to talk the talk, we need to prove it with adequate facts and details.

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:31:30 AM

Just a reminder that theres a price speculation thread on the official forum:

http://forum.xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/76-xc-price-speculation-topic/

If we focus our energy on helping XC grow instead of worrying about the price we can help the uptrend begin sooner. The XC team is working their asses off so my recommendation is to make sure you pull your XC off the exchanges (especially after the recent MP attack), and get them staking properly to help earn yourselves more XC and help the network.

If you're unaware, theres an optimal way to setup staking that will ensure consistent interest and help secure the network, if you're planning on holding XC for the long term and you're not already doing this, please do it as soon as you can.

Here is the official link on staking: http://www.xc-official.com/staking/ and the link on coin control which will help you set up your wallet for optimal staking and network security: http://www.xc-official.com/wallet/#send-coins-adv

In addition, here are some sites/exchanges that need community support.  Please do your part by emailing and voting.  If anyone else has productive ideas or additional sites/exchanges that we should work on getting XC added to please post here.

Vault of Satoshi

Their email address is: hello@vaultofsatoshi.com
Send them an email requesting that they add XC to their exchange!

Bter

Their support page is: http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Send them an email requesting that XC gets added to the CNY market, this will be a huge help for increasing volume.

Coin Payments

Their voting page is: https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-thanks
It costs 0.001 BTC to vote, so about 60 cents, top 5 make it through each voting round and we are currently 6th!

Thank you!

thought i would bump this, especially for the coinpayments part.

It's 60 cents per vote, this would allow XC to have a payment processor and access to many many merchants and allow merchants who don't already accept XC or any crypto at all to now accept it. Tie this in with the already planned ATM's and its a pretty good combo.

Currently in 5th place which is good, But there is still around a day to go and 2 votes from 6th place would take away the chance to be added in the next few days.

Please vote if you can https://www.coinpayments.net/vote If you don't have the Bitcoin , send me a pm with a wallet address and i will send you the amount needed to place a vote
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:58:15 AM

Not a lot of support we are going lower tonight. Wow!
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:18:46 AM

BTW anyone noticed how cool this community is getting?
Everyone is at Stealthcoin right now.
just kidding
reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:08:34 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 05:22:35 AM by reebokasss

Everyday price is lower and lower, when it will stop? :/ Because if we are going like this, we will be at 100k again in few days :/

and one more question, when we will be able to buy XC TOR stick?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:30:48 AM

Everyday price is lower and lower, when it will stop? :/ Because if we are going like this, we will be at 100k again in few days :/

and one more question, when we will be able to buy XC TOR stick?

Go to 100k and let more people get on the train. Grin
knowbrainar

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:55:34 AM

As I've said in previous posts, Xcurrency is an excellent investment. Leading up to the 7th July it was clear that there are people out there willing to put a lot of money into it. All the Xcurrency team has to do is create that similar situation but this time capitalize on it properly because in regards to the price, you're not out of the woods until you're out of the woods.

The price will grow and stabalize at a higher level than it is now. Patience is needed for the devs to do what they do best and then for marketing to do what they do best.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:11:50 AM

Hi all

Just a quick remark about Rev 2.

7/7/14 was the date upon which we promised you multipath.

We delivered that, and also a quick world-first on the side: trustless mixing.

Once a new revision is released, it always gets worked on, improved, polished. So you should expect updates following a major "rev".

We wouldn't have put out an early build of multipath before 7/7/14, so you shouldn't be surprised that we're finishing off Rev 2 after the date. Otherwise we would've jumped the Rev 2 gun.

Ideally we would've put out a more mature version on 7/7/14, but hey, world first.

The full Rev 2 will be out in due course, but don't feel that we're behind on a deadline or something. We gave you multipath on the day, and then some.

do we already have xnodes auromatically configurated and working (with 550+ coins) on version v0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42? multipath added?

Not yet but its coming!

I am a XC investor/donator. I don't like the conflicting information that flows around here.

ATC has clearly stated that multipath has not been released. How can you say it was delivered on the day? By my account, distributed trustless mixing was released (the day after the date), not multipath. I would just like for integrity to be maintained around here. Otherwise, you are just asking for fud. Bitcad4u's idea regarding a figure showing features expected vs delivered would provide some verbal continuity.

Thank you XC team for all of your continued dedication to the success of XC!  Grin

Distributed = Multipath... 

How do you distribute things when it's going down one single path (eg. not multi) and centralized?

No.

Distributed = not using a centralized node for mixing. It means that the sender can pick any wallet on the network to mix transactions with.

Multipath = breaking up the transaction into multiple parts and sending each one to a different "distributed" node.

Centralized becomes Decentralized (all wallets)

Single Path/Not distributed becomes Multipath/distributed

eg.  You can still have multipath if say there are only 5 centralized "masternodes" in the world.   It's still multipath, just that it goes through 5 centralized masternodes. 

XC uses multipath AND non decentralized (all wallets).

MULTIPATH ARCHITECTURE

Before a transaction or a message moves through the XC network, it’s first broken down into small fragments, which are then sent along multiple, randomly selected paths through the network.

What you describe, what the site describes, and what I've observed seem to be different.

I believe I have seen Dan reference "multipath" and "decentralized trustless mixing (DTM)" as two separate features all-together, based on quoted forum posts and IRC (which I unfortunately don't have a log for). Again, we're without adequate details about what these features entail (from someone in an official capacity) and we lack a clear representation of what has been released vs still under development. I know this is asking a lot. But if we're going to talk the talk, we need to prove it with adequate facts and details.

Yes, trustless mixing and multipath are different concepts.

BOTH are implemented in Rev 2.

Real Life Example :

u put mail in ur mailbox to send to friend.  before putting in box u put a lock on it and send your friend the key.  only your friend has this key to unlock.  the mail man gets your mail and rips it up into 1000 pieces.  he gives 1000 pieces to 1000 other mail men.  each mail men routes the mail down different routes to your friends house.  Each mail man gets a tip from you for routing their portion of the mail (lets say 0.001 XC), the more pieces of mail the mail mens deliever the more tips they get Smiley /  when all the pieces of the mail hit your friends house your friend re-assembles the 1000 pieces of mail back into the letter.  and then he uses the key u gave him earlier to unlock and read the message.
-XC  (SUPREME PRIVACY)

and this isn't our last layer, we have 1 more layer of blockchain privacy coming out as well with REV3, and at that stage it will be 100% anonymous & bullet-proof when combined with all the layers we have built

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
demgains

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:16:08 AM

well I just took my coins off MP, read through the thread about it getting hacked and I don't feel safe with MP holding onto my coins at the moment. MP has to prove to the BCT community that they can be a safe and reliable exchange again, and sadly, I dont think that day will ever come.
520Bit

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:08:41 AM

Let's highlight this:

XC is more than a coin, it is an application, a platform, etc.

http://xc-official.com/wallet/

XC APP

MUCH MORE THAN A STAND-ALONE WALLET, LEARN ABOUT THE XC APP HERE.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:15:14 AM

Let's highlight this:

XC APP

Yup we are creating a privacy platform.
520Bit

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:32:05 AM

Let's highlight this:

XC APP

Yup we are creating a privacy platform.

Teka - You just got the 2014th posts, a very lucky number in 2014. Wish XC were the luckiest APP/coin/platform in 2014!

Limpuls

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:01:13 AM

I have only 70XC. How do you think if the price will get down a bit or not anymore? Maybe I should sell my amount at 0.95usd and try to buy cheaper. Or it is too much risky? Coz I don't think that price will make cheaper price than 0.90usd, so maybe just should wait next wave?
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:10:58 AM

Have anyone noticed that both xc and dark are experiencing low price on rex!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
520Bit

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:12:16 AM

I have only 70XC. How do you think if the price will get down a bit or not anymore? Maybe I should sell my amount at 0.95usd and try to buy cheaper. Or it is too much risky? Coz I don't think that price will make cheaper price than 0.90usd, so maybe just should wait next wave?

No one knows how the market actually works.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:51:14 AM

May just be me but I would like to see the updated roadmap, with the milestones that are met and the ones that are coming up as I don't feel 100% clear what has been delivered and where, ie testnet, mainnet etc etc..

And then also just a view as to what features / area is being worked on at the moment...

One of the reasons for the price drift I think is a feeling that we are drifting a bit... Crypto moves so fast and it is important (IMO) to stay up to date and vibrant.... I dont mind seeing the price fall but we don't want it to go too far as IMO it does damage the coin..

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:52:51 AM

May just be me but I would like to see the updated roadmap, with the milestones that are met and the ones that are coming up as I don't feel 100% clear what has been delivered and where, ie testnet, mainnet etc etc..

And then also just a view as to what features / area is being worked on at the moment...

+1000

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:58:40 AM

+1000

Its on the way, Arlyn is working on updated info op like he did with the current one
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:18:05 AM

Its on the way, Arlyn is working on updated info op like he did with the current one

Had not expected less!
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:20:51 AM

+1000

Cool, looking forward to it...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Pages: « 1 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 [809] 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: