Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:53:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 [821] 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:11:08 PM

XC team needs to be on coinpayments.net for merchs like tor stick, as Teka mentioned.

Just pay does damn kids 4 btc and it is done! PLEASE.. MONEY TALKS!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btell

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:13:13 PM

XC is better than BTC because this transaction are anonymous !

You cant link transaction from the sender to the receiver and the same in reverse.

If you see 100xc more in a balance there is no link that it come from a balance where there is 100xc less !

Transaction are anonymous with XC not with BTC !

It is completely truth.

But in some real-life applications, it is not sufficient: hidden structure of your income does not matter, if total volume of your income is world-wide known. So, in that applications, you should take care of your XC address is not linked with somewhat address from real life, even email, etc.

It's irrelevant whether or not people can see your balance. If you don't like it simply send all payments to a temporary address and keep your xc in a secret address by sending anonymously from the temp address.  Problem solved. This could even be implemented into the coin I'm sure. If the mixer works there is no lack of anonymity.

Yes you are right.

But you guys forget, the same trick I can easily make with BTC. There are many mixers too.

So this kind of anonymity with extra secret XC address, is not a destiny choice feature, that I should leave well tested & open source BTC and switch to poorly tested & closed source XC. Agree?
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

Yes you are right.

But you guys forget, the same trick I can easily make with BTC. There are many mixers too.

So this kind of anonymity is not a destiny choice feature, that I should leave well tested & open source BTC and switch to poorly tested & closed source XC. Agree?

Hiding your addresses? No, you can't perform the same trick with BTC because ONLY XC has trustless mixing.

If you want to trust some dodgy mixing service then that's up to you. But in my opinion it's a bad idea.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Driv3n

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:15:56 PM

dig dig dig
IMPORTANT! COINPAYMENTS IS ACCEPTING VOTES!

We need this site for the xc merch that I'm planing, that will have cool things like mechanical keys with xc logo, tshirts and even more importantly tor stick.

https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

guys? GUYS??  Shocked
remember, Teka needs XC to be on coinpayments.net for future merchandise plans.
I think that 60cent for your vote will be well spent, since this would also benefit XCs value.

we need to get at least 5th place to be added, right now we are 6th, pos 2-5 are very tight though.

2nd Coin2     35
3rd TitCoin   34
4th KryptKoin 32
5th Zimstake  30
6th XCurrency 22

to catch up the race to zimstake we would need at least 10 more votes, but 20 more votes would be a good amount of votes to secure at least the fifth place.
so if you haven't already, get off your butt and get your damn wallet (btc wallet of course)  !!!!!  Wink

go to -> https://www.coinpayments.net/vote -> choose XC -> pay 0.001 BTC -> don't forget to confirm vote via email -> PROFIT  Cheesy

Less than 5 hours left!!  http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=OEiZWLc

Thx, Alex
we are losing it .. just saying

1st NYC  NewYorkCoin 64
2nd KTK  KryptKoin   43
3rd ZS   Zimstake    42
4th NC2  Coin2       39
5th TIT  TitCoin     37
6th XC   XCurrency   23

seems most people are to lazy to support our team  Embarrassed
well i guess then we'll have to wait for another month to see the TOR stick and other XC merch that is in planed...

Less than 3 hours left and still ~20 votes missing to achieve our goal to get on coinpayments.net  Cry
http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=OEiZWLc

There are hardly any votes on any of the coins for that matter. Why does it ultimately matter? There doesn't seem to be any interest...

XC team needs to be on coinpayments.net for merchs like tor stick, as Teka mentioned.

Just a couple hours left... I have a plan to get us into the top 5. We'll see what happens...

12 more vote , keep it up !

I've told quite a few ppl about XC so I just called them and told them they need to vote NOW.  With less than 2 hours left I'm not sure if many of them will make the deadline.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:18:20 PM

May just be me but I would like to see the updated roadmap, with the milestones that are met and the ones that are coming up as I don't feel 100% clear what has been delivered and where, ie testnet, mainnet etc etc..

And then also just a view as to what features / area is being worked on at the moment...

+1000

Its on the way, Arlyn is working on updated info op like he did with the current one

Any update on this Guys?

I will be releasing an updated roadmap this weekend and also an updated wallet with improvements to the private transactions feature

Somethings are ahead of schedule (EM, Website, branding, etc) and other items need additional improvement (private transactions) for usability

Thanks,

Dan

So we still won't have a completed REV2?

I've said this a couple of times, but the expectation that Rev 2 would be completed on 7/7/14 rather than first implemented by that date does not make sense in terms of software development.

We release a brand new feature, get feedback, release improvements, test, implement a new feature.

The only time we plan to release something "finished" is for the official public launch.

Before then (and after), expect a "rev" to be a revision, just a milestone along a path.

I guess people rather just have a half assed job done and call it "rev 2" just to say it is so... then we can go and fork a thousand times with promises to "get it right next time".

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:18:51 PM

May just be me but I would like to see the updated roadmap, with the milestones that are met and the ones that are coming up as I don't feel 100% clear what has been delivered and where, ie testnet, mainnet etc etc..

And then also just a view as to what features / area is being worked on at the moment...

+1000

Its on the way, Arlyn is working on updated info op like he did with the current one

Any update on this Guys?

I will be releasing an updated roadmap this weekend and also an updated wallet with improvements to the private transactions feature

Somethings are ahead of schedule (EM, Website, branding, etc) and other items need additional improvement (private transactions) for usability

Thanks,

Dan

So we still won't have a completed REV2?

I've said this a couple of times, but the expectation that Rev 2 would be completed on 7/7/14 rather than first implemented by that date does not make sense in terms of software development.

We release a brand new feature, get feedback, release improvements, test, implement a new feature.

The only time we plan to release something "finished" is for the official public launch.

Before then (and after), expect a "rev" to be a revision, just a milestone along a path.

Right... this is no different from DRK, for example, who are similarly releasing RC.X beta updates.
btell

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:18:56 PM

Yes you are right.

So this kind of anonymity is not a destiny choice feature, that I should leave well tested & open source BTC and switch to poorly tested & closed source XC. Agree?

Hiding your addresses? No, you can't perform the same trick with BTC because ONLY XC has trustless mixing.

Sorry, while XC sources remain closed, I need to trust in Dan (XC's dev) I never ever seen in real life nor been a friend of.

So neither BTC nor XC has trustless mixing today (and possibly many months or years if ever).
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:21:41 PM

BTW, This coin is EASY to hide coins . Im one of the originals who hold a rather large amount myself, only a few specific people know my sums, yet I am sure no one can figure out how much I have. Before anyone asks, no I am not listed on the "rich list" because I dont want it so.  I made sure not to have that part of my info pulbic, because I dont need idiots following every coin movement when I might transfer to stake one batch in another wallet, freaking out people seeing movement.

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:24:09 PM

I guess people rather just have a half assed job done and call it "rev 2" just to say it is so... then we can go and fork a thousand times with promises to "get it right next time".

Well, if this was what happens with Dan's work then it would be a concern. But it's not. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

Off topic but when did Newegg start accepting BTC??!!!!

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/14-3631/index.html?cm_mmc=BAC-GDR-BitCoin-_-10percentoff-Promotion-_-NA-_-NA&nm_mc=ExtBanner

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:26:53 PM

Yes you are right.

Sorry, while XC sources remain closed, I need to trust in Dan (XC's dev) I never ever seen in real life nor been a friend of.

So neither BTC nor XC has trustless mixing today (and possibly many months or years if ever).

You, sir, are welcome to be sceptical until we release our code on a delayed timeline.

I, on the other hand, find it an obvious choice to trust Dan's intentions. Why? Because it's in his interest for XC to work. Because his identity is publicly known. Because he's a genius. And because I'm patient enough to respect the wisdom of being open source on a delayed timeline.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
btell

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:27:56 PM

BTW, This coin is EASY to hide coins . Im one of the originals who hold a rather large amount myself, only a few specific people know my sums, yet I am sure no one can figure out how much I have. Before anyone asks, no I am not listed on the "rich list" because I dont want it so.  I made sure not to have that part of my info pulbic, because I dont need idiots following every coin movement when I might transfer to stake one batch in another wallet, freaking out people seeing movement.

You are correct of sure, but our discussion subject was XC anonymity vs. BTC anonymity.

As I've proven above, while XC's sources remain closed, XC and BTC are exactly equal in anonymity, although BTC has more trust, because its base source code (not mixing one) is open & tested for 5 years world-wide.

Indeed, XC has another wonderful features, please do not focus on anonymity, let us discuss that features!
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:29:31 PM

You are correct of sure, but our discussion subject was XC anonymity vs. BTC anonymity.

As I've proven above, while XC's sources remain closed, XC and BTC are exactly equal in anonymity, although BTC has more trust, because its base source code (not mixing one) is open & tested for 5 years world-wide.

Indeed, XC has another wonderful features, please do not focus on anonymity, let us discuss that features!

No, it's not equal....

You can easily try to break the path by decoding the blockchain.   If you can't do it with XC, then it's anonymous... simple as that.  If you can't prove it, then you are just pure FUDing...

flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:31:10 PM

+1000

Any update on this Guys?

Thanks,

Dan

Much appreciated Dan! Looking forward to the new wallet.
btell

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:31:17 PM

You, sir, are welcome to be sceptical until we release our code on a delayed timeline.

I, on the other hand, find it an obvious choice to trust Dan's intentions. Why? Because it's in his interest for XC to work. Because his identity is publicly known. Because he's a genius. And because I'm patient enough to respect the wisdom of being open source on a delayed timeline.

When I spoke about that delayed timeline, some members of your community mentioned me that they don't want to open sources at all. But Dan did promise that, I know.

So, is this Dan's identity?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dan-metcalf/12/1a8/b82
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:34:28 PM

You can easily try to break the path by decoding the blockchain.   If you can't do it with XC, then it's anonymous... simple as that.

Actually, it's not that simple. There are more angles to consider than just looking at the blockchain after a transfer has happened.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:35:01 PM

When I spoke about that delayed timeline, some members of your community mentioned me that they don't want to open sources at all. But Dan did promise that, I know.

Yes, that is Dan (atcsecure), you can read in it, "Currently working on a revolutionary idea and project - XCurrency - a world-class premier alt-coin which intends to bring true privacy to all."

And yes, source code must go open source at some point.  Closed source = centralization.  But this is why the team has decided to release the code in parts on a delayed timeline.  So that eventually the code will be opensource, yet by delaying it, XCurrency holders will still be able to benefit from the uniqueness of the XC's innovation.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:36:17 PM

Well, if this was what happens with Dan's work then it would be a concern. But it's not. :-)

Yeah but that seems to be the thinking ( the want I guess is a better term ) of some people. They rather just have it rushed instead of tested. To me I rather have the long game and GET IT RIGHT the first time. How do you do this? Testing, and a lot of it.

btell

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:39:05 PM

Yes, that is Dan, you can read in it, "Currently working on a revolutionary idea and project - XCurrency - a world-class premier alt-coin which intends to bring true privacy to all."

And yes, source code must go open source at some point.  Closed source = centralization.  But this is why the team has decided to release the code in parts on a delayed timeline.  So that eventually, the code will be opensource, yet XCurrency holders will be able to benefit from the uniqueness of the code's innovation.

Respect you for the honest answer.

Just weird why Dan uses word 'Extensive' too Extensive Smiley When I was a student, we studied, a resume should reveal your language skills among other things...

Thank to all guys for the answers, I go to sleep...
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:00:24 PM

+1000

Any update on this Guys?

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for the update! Please don't ever feel like you do something wrong! your DO NOT! just build our tech for the future.. anything happening in this moment of time is IRRELEVANT just do your job.. people whining should just buy some other get rich quick scheme.. XxX Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 [821] 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: