Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:06:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 [859] 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:21:43 PM

We need to get Edward Snowden using it, that would increase publicity.... HE uses 3 different machines at the moment to contact the outside world and encrypted chat.. Anyone know how to contact him!? Cheesy

Maybe The official PR can contact RT TV and they might be able to contact him. This will be Huge if we can manage to do it

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:21:50 PM

XC is great and all, but if it stays this cheap I doubt store owners will accept it in their stores, this is just my view on it.
We need to work towards getting XC accepted in stores.
MKAxe11

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:22:45 PM

Yes, I agree. Most interesting thing I found was the new Wallet UI pre-view! together with this link Drasticraven.deviantart.com I am pretty XCited

Also the marketing tab seems nice. Could we sometimes get some sneak peaks to keep us in the loop?

Yeah, I'm super-excited about the upcoming UI. It's gonna be awesome.

I've actually been working on possibilities for more sensible menu layouts, since the current one is clunky and coin control is unnecessarily confusing.

But my current favourite is the upcoming tech to added to the final Rev 2 update. ;-)

Do you know what kind of tek will be delivered? can you give us an Inch? Smiley. I was just wondering as well, which version of the wallet is now in the TOR download for the Stick? and can you update it from the TOR Stick how this will work in the future?

Hmm... what can I disclose?

I'll tell you that it's very smart and will nullify a certain attack vector.

I'll tell you that no other coin has done it.

As for the TOR Stick, you'll all be able to start ordering it soon enough, and when you receive it, it should have Rev 3 on it. :-)

this roadmap provides the lot of information regarding the coin so it is a good explanation.

does the red line under Xnode imply that there is a problem with the tech? is this the reason why the price wont go up?  Huh Huh
jk, dont answer  Grin Grin Grin

XChat:XJFcgcMqfdFxwXfqqfHPZs4uBomRfR6erQ / jwj2cnCPdf3uX53cyWyLreaJaDadj4BwqhdmhHcWFP5d
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:23:17 PM

There'll be a new version of the EM app coming out before long.

The word is that it will feature a "Skype-like" messaging interface, with a list of users on the left.

Nice,
- are the messages stored in the blockchain?
- can you chat if you're behind a firewall or nat and can't do port forwarding?

- Messages go through the end-to-end encrypted P2P tunnelling built into the core of the Xnode right back in Rev 1.

- Basically where Bitcoin has a broadcasting system, XC has the encrypted Xnode protocol.

- This means that your messages don't get preserved for perpetuity in a blockchain (which would be a terrible idea for private messaging :-)

- Technical details re. firewalls, NAT, etc. will become available upon the release.

Will the messaging require XC coin to be held to use?  Like a token... Therefore increasing demand for the currency?  Not a pay to use system but rather a proof that you hold xc?

I don't think so. Actually I think we'd prefer to lower the barrier to entry because it maximises the number of chat users. More chat users means more apps left running, which means more nodes to process transactions :-)

But yeah, some sort of minimum XC requirement might be a good idea too.

Sorry I'm confused about the terminology, is the end-to-end encrypted P2P tunneling a direct tunnel between the two chatting nodes, or does it route through other nodes?

Update from Dan:

XC messaging has an advantage over many chat apps because if you're not online, it's still possible to send you messages.

The current setting stores pending messages for 48 hours; this could be extended in future.

Lastly, it's more of a chat app than an email app at present. Nice to have that clarified.

It's not direct since this is effectively XC's broadcasting system. That's how pending messages can be stored and delivered when you come online.

CORRECTION: it is direct. Hah, glad I double-checked with the devs about this.

Messages are still stored when the recipient is offline.

Is it going to be as secure as PGP messaging (not that I understand this a great deal)

Basically, will the messages be 100% unreadable by anyone other than sender and receiver?

It'll be a LOT more secure.

It uses public key encryption, like the rest of a cryptocurrency.

Plus it's decentralised. No third parties. Done.

Good stuff!  Grin Grin Grin

Is there a link somewere to more details on the TOR stick?

Is it going to be anything like TAILS with an incorporated XC app?

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:25:11 PM

The word is that it will feature a "Skype-like" messaging interface, with a list of users on the left.

Nice,
- are the messages stored in the blockchain?
- can you chat if you're behind a firewall or nat and can't do port forwarding?

- Messages go through the end-to-end encrypted P2P tunnelling built into the core of the Xnode right back in Rev 1.

- Basically where Bitcoin has a broadcasting system, XC has the encrypted Xnode protocol.

- This means that your messages don't get preserved for perpetuity in a blockchain (which would be a terrible idea for private messaging :-)

- Technical details re. firewalls, NAT, etc. will become available upon the release.

Will the messaging require XC coin to be held to use?  Like a token... Therefore increasing demand for the currency?  Not a pay to use system but rather a proof that you hold xc?

I don't think so. Actually I think we'd prefer to lower the barrier to entry because it maximises the number of chat users. More chat users means more apps left running, which means more nodes to process transactions :-)

But yeah, some sort of minimum XC requirement might be a good idea too.

Sorry I'm confused about the terminology, is the end-to-end encrypted P2P tunneling a direct tunnel between the two chatting nodes, or does it route through other nodes?

Update from Dan:

XC messaging has an advantage over many chat apps because if you're not online, it's still possible to send you messages.

The current setting stores pending messages for 48 hours; this could be extended in future.

Lastly, it's more of a chat app than an email app at present. Nice to have that clarified.

It's not direct since this is effectively XC's broadcasting system. That's how pending messages can be stored and delivered when you come online.

CORRECTION: it is direct. Hah, glad I double-checked with the devs about this.

Messages are still stored when the recipient is offline.

Is it going to be as secure as PGP messaging (not that I understand this a great deal)

Basically, will the messages be 100% unreadable by anyone other than sender and receiver?

It'll be a LOT more secure.

It uses public key encryption, like the rest of a cryptocurrency.

Plus it's decentralised. No third parties. Done.

It's a Debian thing if I'm not mistaken.

Basically it's its own operating system, is pretty much immune to malware.

Yes, it has the app incorporated into it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:26:13 PM

http://xc-official.com/xc-tor-stick/

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
CrazyLeoW

Activity: 126

XC

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:26:35 PM

We need to get Edward Snowden using it, that would increase publicity.... HE uses 3 different machines at the moment to contact the outside world and encrypted chat.. Anyone know how to contact him!? Cheesy

If the chat is directly between the two nodes, it would give away his IP address. Probably not what he wants.

The message transportation is based on TOR? or multipath approach?

xchat: XNvUSCdvZgZcXsYd3Gs91w8tKQmeMKHS9G
Pubkey: 2Ax9bYXwifbqyxsmC9pbhfGyPoLJNf3wdtQ7dFdzKK1ZX
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:34:23 PM

If the chat is directly between the two nodes, it would give away his IP address. Probably not what he wants.

The message transportation is based on TOR? or multipath approach?

Actually it's the other way round: multipath is based on the Xnode protocol, which is how nodes send messages to each other (of any kind - EM or transactions).

TOR only obfuscates IP addresses, it doesn't send messages.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:36:57 PM

http://xc-official.com/xc-tor-stick/

cheers cryptico. I did look on the site but couldn't see a link to the TOR page.. also was wondering if there was a bit more detail on what it would be exactly in comparison to TAILS, but as it says on the page...

"Full documentation for the XC TOR Stick will be available here as we approach the actual release date."

So guess I'll wait and see.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:39:50 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

We've stated in the past that we value open source code very highly and are privileged to share our ground-breaking tech with the crypto community.

Well today we make our mixing tech - that testing has shown to remove any link between sender and receiver on the blockchain - open source!

This is our Rev 1 mixer code. It is not the trustless mixing that XC currently uses.

You can expect more of XC's tech to be made public as we continue.

Enjoy, world! We hope that this will demonstrate XC's commitment to transparency, information-sharing, and good faith in the crypto community.

http://pastebin.com/G4mH4AxR

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:46:26 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

We've stated in the past that we value open source code very highly and are privileged to share our ground-breaking tech with the crypto community.

Well today we make our mixing tech - that testing has shown to remove any link between sender and receiver on the blockchain - open source!

This is our Rev 1.5 mixer code. It is not the trustless mixing that XC currently uses.

Enjoy, world! We hope that this will demonstrate XC's commitment to transparency, information-sharing, and good faith in the crypto community.

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:48:12 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

This is our Rev 1 mixer code. It is not the trustless mixing that XC currently uses.

Wait, I though Dan copied Fedora coin code?

good job team, keep up commiting and delivering to the scene!

PS:SHITCOINS LAUNCHING IN 3...2.....1......

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

Ha ha. Well, we doubt it. It's not trustless mixing so there'll be no competition for XC.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:54:05 PM

Hi folks

Another announcement:

Wait, I though Dan copied Fedora coin code?

good job team, keep up commiting and delivering to the scene!

Lets use the P&D shitcoins to buy more XCs now we will now already which one will receive a pump yuppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:06:38 PM

Anyone have thoughts why all the dumping today?  Very odd as there seems to be nothing but good news coming out.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:08:32 PM

Anyone have thoughts why all the dumping today?  Very odd as there seems to be nothing but good news coming out.

Some whale has dumped on our news for the past month straight. Obviously they want to keep the price down.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Anyone have thoughts why all the dumping today?  Very odd as there seems to be nothing but good news coming out.

Perfect moment to take profits of the table and buy back cheaper before the next wave? Uncertainty from a mayor investor?

I think the first.. can't see why the second would be the case

Also I don't really care because A I get cheap coins and B more distribution
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:11:18 PM

Perfect moment to take profits of the table and buy back cheaper before the next wave? Uncertainty from a mayor investor?

I think the first.. can't see why the second would be the case

I couldn't agree more. The fundamentals are as solid as ever, new updates are around the corner, and we've just solidified our credibility by honouring our commitment to go open source.

Outlook: super-positive.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:13:10 PM

Anyone have thoughts why all the dumping today?  Very odd as there seems to be nothing but good news coming out.

Some whale has dumped on our news for the past month straight. Obviously they want to keep the price down.

I don't care when it drops at this level  Cheesy
then I can accumulate some more (althougt it is not much)

KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

Yeah, same thing is on my mind. Good news comes out .... and a 10k dump comes. Everything I learned about crypto seems to work opposite with XC.
Am still in, sold nothing and will keep holding my precious . . . .

Pages: « 1 ... 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 [859] 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: