Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:38:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:30:32 AM

Dan's seen both my router's ports open and my firewall exceptions to not only the program but also ports specific to the program. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you say it doesn't work for you either due to being on a university network? Regardless, it doesn't work for everyone and whether all the bugs are suppose to be out by 2.5 or 3.0, it should still be something to focus attention on for mass adoption. Hell, if it doesn't work on university networks, a large portion of the demographic (18-35) interested in crypto could have issues.

If it was human error, then it should have been something extremely easy to fix on any number of the remote sessions Dan and I had. The end result is private transfers do not go out to the network/nodes but regular incoming/outgoing is fine. Whether it does nothing due to having it set as unlock for staking only and entering passphrase on sends or unlocking completely before initiating and getting the error 101, it doesn't work. Dan said it definitely shouldn't be doing the 101 error.

To truly say it's working should mean works for everyone. 99% is not 100%, especially as more and more users are downloading wallets and wanting to try out features. Any regular Joe should be able to download the wallet and send anon transfers and that simply isn't the case in its current state.
Thanks

Even bitcoin-qt won't sync on a university network due to the firewall. I never found a way around that although I tried pretty hard - with a real live version of Dan. I imagine there would be issues with encryption and tor as well. (I'm afraid 18-35 year olds may have to pay for their own internet). I should add that depending on your network it may automatically flag peer-to-peer stuff as suspicious unless you add an exception. You should probably check. (Anyway I wouldn't class getting your crypto to work over university networks as regular Joe level.)

Edit: on the other hand if Dan can get the XC wallet to work automatically behind university firewalls - which maybe he can - then that would be big bonus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:30:13 AM

Hey Everyone,

I went away for the weekend but Im currently coming back home. Looking over the thread and pms/emails, it seems like everything is fine. If you have any concerns that I missed then pleass pm me.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:15:12 AM

Dan's seen both my router's ports open and my firewall exceptions to not only the program but also ports specific to the program. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you say it doesn't work for you either due to being on a university network? Regardless, it doesn't work for everyone and whether all the bugs are suppose to be out by 2.5 or 3.0, it should still be something to focus attention on for mass adoption. Hell, if it doesn't work on university networks, a large portion of the demographic (18-35) interested in crypto could have issues.

If it was human error, then it should have been something extremely easy to fix on any number of the remote sessions Dan and I had. The end result is private transfers do not go out to the network/nodes but regular incoming/outgoing is fine. Whether it does nothing due to having it set as unlock for staking only and entering passphrase on sends or unlocking completely before initiating and getting the error 101, it doesn't work. Dan said it definitely shouldn't be doing the 101 error.

To truly say it's working should mean works for everyone. 99% is not 100%, especially as more and more users are downloading wallets and wanting to try out features. Any regular Joe should be able to download the wallet and send anon transfers and that simply isn't the case in its current state.
Thanks

Even bitcoin-qt won't sync on a university network due to the firewall. I never found a way around that although I tried pretty hard - with a real live version of Dan. I imagine there would be issues with encryption and tor as well. (I'm afraid 18-35 year olds may have to pay for their own internet). I should add that depending on your network it may automatically flag peer-to-peer stuff as suspicious unless you add an exception. You should probably check. (Anyway I wouldn't class getting your crypto to work over university networks as regular Joe level.)

Edit: on the other hand if Dan can get the XC wallet to work automatically behind university firewalls - which maybe he can - then that would be big bonus.

I wonder if we can make a regular http port 80 type block sync where it just download the blockchain regularly without using any special RPC type call?  It won't necessarily work for private transaction immediately nor XChat, but at least you can get the latest blockchain info?

gadgetnerd

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:15:18 AM

yup,voted

holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:47:48 AM

Thanks

I wonder if we can make a regular http port 80 type block sync where it just download the blockchain regularly without using any special RPC type call?  It won't necessarily work for private transaction immediately nor XChat, but at least you can get the latest blockchain info?

That might work so you could at least have the wallet functioning regardless of firewalls. That would be a big plus - I was imagining for the private stuff to behave like firefox when it adds exceptions - i.e. it figures out there's a firewall blocking it and brings up an option to add an exception. No idea if this is possible generally even - it would have to be able to access the relevant info about your system.     
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:50:37 AM

Thanks

I wonder if we can make a regular http port 80 type block sync where it just download the blockchain regularly without using any special RPC type call?  It won't necessarily work for private transaction immediately nor XChat, but at least you can get the latest blockchain info?

That might work so you could at least have the wallet functioning regardless of firewalls. That would be a big plus - I was imagining for the private stuff to behave like firefox when it adds exceptions - i.e. it figures out there's a firewall blocking it and brings up an option to add an exception. No idea if this is possible generally even - it would have to be able to access the relevant info about your system.      

Unless...  private transaction when it's multipath, can be packaged as non blockchain data that can be sent out through port 80 to nodes that other XNodes wallets can then download and relay it out as RPC?!??   Then... all wallets can be used regardless of if it's behind a firewall.   Of course, you will need XNodes that are not behind firewall to get those encrypted non RPC data and relay those out as RPC?    So, non firewalled XNode wallets can always help out those that are behind firewall  (non http port 80 blocked of course).

zythos

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:57:15 AM

Sorry guys Sad. Can't vote yet. Still a newbie. As soon as i get my promotion that's the first thing that i will do.
taylortyler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:57:34 AM

There's no source code or white paper?
FoldingTime

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:15:16 AM

Thanks

I wonder if we can make a regular http port 80 type block sync where it just download the blockchain regularly without using any special RPC type call?  It won't necessarily work for private transaction immediately nor XChat, but at least you can get the latest blockchain info?

Unless...  private transaction when it's multipath, can be packaged as non blockchain data that can be sent out through port 80 to nodes that other XNodes wallets can then download and relay it out as RPC?!??   Then... all wallets can be used regardless of if it's behind a firewall.   Of course, you will need XNodes that are not behind firewall to get those encrypted non RPC data and relay those out as RPC?    So, non firewalled XNode wallets can always help out those that are behind firewall  (non http port 80 blocked of course).

This sounds like a good solution, however, I would opt to go out on 443 as that would usually be open if 80 is open.  Tunnelling out on 443 is usually a good way to bypass firewalls.
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:44:43 AM

Thanks

This sounds like a good solution, however, I would opt to go out on 443 as that would usually be open if 80 is open.  Tunnelling out on 443 is usually a good way to bypass firewalls.

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have said port 80 for announcing a transaction, but all the common ports that usually won't be blocked, as long as we can send out that encrypted packet to the nodes.

_evolution_

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:13:52 AM

It depends on the firewall settings. If it does not allow incoming connections on 80 / 443, then what's the point?! (Usually firewalls are set to allow only outgoing connections.)
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:40:32 AM

It depends on the firewall settings. If it does not allow incoming connections on 80 / 443, then what's the point?! (Usually firewalls are set to allow only outgoing connections.)

If you are behind a firewalled campus, then of
course you can't be a relay XNode.   That's where you need to
make a http request or post to a node to request for relay.

braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:10:46 AM

some spam for another coin
pls don't post any spam from another coin here
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:34:11 AM

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2014-08/07/content_18269150.htm

"Users of instant messaging tools, including WeChat, must in future register with their real names and unlicensed public accounts are banned from publishing or forwarding political news, China's top cyber watchdog ordered on Thursday"

Market the heck out of Xchat, now

I retweet everything from XC official, but maybe some of our Chinese users could promote Xchat as well
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 09:42:34 AM

"Users of instant messaging tools, including WeChat, must in future register with their real names and unlicensed public accounts are banned from publishing or forwarding political news, China's top cyber watchdog ordered on Thursday"

I retweet everything from XC official, but maybe some of our Chinese users could promote Xchat as well
That could be huge for us if approached the right way!!
Thanks all for voting as well were moving up nicely, if you haven't voted, here is the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0
Astroxjr

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:50:12 AM

Thanks all for voting as well were moving up nicely, if you haven't voted, here is the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0
done
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:59:28 AM

who was our "official" chinese guy in here? who helped with translations, etc? He should be given more projects for sure

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:48:06 AM

who was our "official" chinese guy in here? who helped with translations, etc? He should be given more projects for sure

I think it was Foreal, he posted the op in our Chinese thread here on btctalk.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:00:36 AM

Can´t vote ;-/
-but sold a few XCR to by more XCs  Roll Eyes
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:21:15 PM

Trying to send synechist a message and getting error message 'message encryption failed'.

No issues here.  Been chatting with multiple people.   Are you using RC3?

On what operating system? The issue can be reproduced on OS X only. Here are my details:

{
    "version" : "v0.9.2.47h.XCurrency-2.47",
    "protocolversion" : 71030,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "blocks" : 84742,
    "moneysupply" : 5522632.98602700,
    "connections" : 6,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 5205.79639598,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1405241968,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "unlocked_until" : 0,
    "errors" : ""
}

Hey, sorry, I was without internet for a couple days.

Yes, I am also running OSX, the latest version.

Has this been addressed yet? I saw someone else a page or two ago said they got theirs to work after getting this message.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Pages: « 1 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: