Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 03:22:28 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 ... 1627 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1484180 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GameStarter

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:14:06 AM

XC advantage/disadvantage against Bitcoin:

XC disavantage:

-less protocol trust: take time even for a finished product to acquire trust  
-more risk : XC code is in devellopment things could go wrong, investors with risk aversion prefer to wait the code to be tested and audited before investing too much
-adoption/recognition: XC could profit from bitcoin adoption (bitcoin opened the road for next generation)
-XC dependence: Have to buy bitcoin first.  could change fast (cryptsy,mintpal adding xc/$...futur expansion of XC motivating big exchange to add XC...)
-Xc open source delayed: i see it as an advantage but it is open to debate so i place it here.

XC advantage:

-best technology : XC already outperform bitcoin technology
-best evolution rate: XC technology improve with a higher rate than bitcoin
-best road map: web 3.0, anonymous vocal/video calls, blockchain 2.0 apps, cloud storage...Bitcoin will look like dinausore pretty soon.
-best expected rewards : hard to expect x100+ profit now with bitcoin whereas it's clearly possible with XC
Exemple:
Bitcoin priced 15k$ x actual number of bitcoin 13 284 600 = 199 billions$ marketcap, actual price multiplied by 37.5

XC priced 300$ would give 1.66 billions marketcap (about 1/3 of actual bitcoin marketcap) , actual price multiplied by 500 (300$/0.6$)

-flexibility : XC can adapt very quickly.
-Clean public image: XC isn't related to silk road (FBI seizure..), MTgox hack 740k bitcoin could potentialy hit the market... 1 millions bitcoin from anonymous founder satoshi could hit the market
-best business model: more reason for customers to accumulate XC: 3.3% profit stacking per year, Run Xmixer with 1000 XC could generate huge profit in the futur...

Conclusion:

XC could overtake bitcoin faster than expected. Most of bitcoin advantage (recognition, adoption) have developed a solid basis for XC rise.
If Bitcoin ETF are regulated next few month it would open the door for Xc to enter in the same market and would be in direct fair competition against bitcoin.
With XC tech delivered, tested and audited vs bitcoin on nasdaq => bitcoin would loose the fight really quick. best technology, road map and risk/rewards attract smart and greedy investors.
every media would talk about insane bull run of XC on market, adoption/recognition and profit from xmixer explode...

If XC team continue to deliver the road map, i don't see how Xc could stay so much inferior than Bitcoin for long.

Don't you think in the futur XC marketcap could join 1/3 of actual bitcoin market cap? would transform 1000 euros initial investment into 500keuros, without counting stacking + xmixer profit.
Do you know a better risk/rewards investment in the world?

As result i play XC long term !  

XChat adress + Key: XVgjcg7tnFgkthL2hi4yvXiU66FWkZ
Key: bjmK3SsiNEUC2VJkcEGTMRBmqYx3rXhxRh39BvbtpAof
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:01:28 PM

Great Post! Smart money are on XC right now PERIOD

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Sabretooth

Activity: 138

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:22:40 PM

Thank you for your welcome.  Its nice to be on-board with this team.  I feel like I have found gold here.

I woke up to this morning and was pleased to see both the news and the price.  I am glad it did not pump up overnight (<16K), much easier to make money in a flat (with swings) or gradual ascending market than a descending market after a bloated pump.  The release has been very well handled over the past few weeks (including on the day).

I imagine on the back of this extraordinary news we shall see a steady incline in price as more people get on board with the vision.  We will need patience as it may take a little while for holders of other currency to properly understand the value of where we are going and to realize that we have the engine-in-place and expertise to deliver the vision. Dan's background in networking is exactly what crypto needs at this point in time.

Lets not forget the hard work of the team in setting up new ways to make, use and spend XC.  At the end of the day this is what will build the base for the currency and give it the support it needs so the development team can continue working on its master plan.

Google started with an obscurely named, under marketed search engine that did the job to absolute perfection.  Hopefully with our bold vision, and the interim value we can add along the way, we have another Google here.  As we have seen with bitcoin, the advantage of a virtual currency over a share or hard asset is that sharing it (splitting an BTC/XC into smaller denominations by increased spending) increases the value of the overall pool.  So if the team continues with its track record in delivering, the final payout could end of being like Google on steroids.  IMHO still early days though we are more like at the front counter checking in (or even leaving homes for the airport), than on-board the rocket ship waiting for take-off.

So I take it that you've staked out XC as your privacy based coin, other coins or are you looking at others. Seems your in with this coin for the long haul?

Yes definitely long haul.  I did look at other alt coins, but decided XC suited my current investment strategy, so all in XC.  I needed something in my portfolio that has the potential for massive returns, and could be mainstreamed without the risk of being regulated against due to black market connotations.

Uno: uVcEaDQ5MXcYRjSGY1E7FXfrtxGk6QKnBm
reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:36:49 PM

mintpal v2 at 23th of september.. on tuesday they will write that v2 will be at 26th of september, then 29th of september on so on.. Cheesy Cheesy  when we are planning to have XC/USD exchange?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cryptico

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:48:36 PM

mintpal v2 at 23th of september.. on tuesday they will write that v2 will be at 26th of september, then 29th of september on so on.. Cheesy Cheesy  when we are planning to have XC/USD exchange?

Wow Such loosers.. at this stage bittrex will add it first..lol

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
ForReal

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:27:07 PM

mintpal v2 at 23th of september.. on tuesday they will write that v2 will be at 26th of september, then 29th of september on so on.. Cheesy Cheesy  when we are planning to have XC/USD exchange?

How much more can they fail ?
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:43:18 PM

XC advantage/disadvantage against Bitcoin:

XC disavantage:

-less protocol trust: take time even for a finished product to acquire trust  
-more risk : XC code is in devellopment things could go wrong, investors with risk aversion prefer to wait the code to be tested and audited before investing too much
-adoption/recognition: XC could profit from bitcoin adoption (bitcoin opened the road for next generation)
-XC dependence: Have to buy bitcoin first.  could change fast (cryptsy,mintpal adding xc/$...futur expansion of XC motivating big exchange to add XC...)
-Xc open source delayed: i see it as an advantage but it is open to debate so i place it here.

XC advantage:

-best technology : XC already outperform bitcoin technology
-best evolution rate: XC technology improve with a higher rate than bitcoin
-best road map: web 3.0, anonymous vocal/video calls, blockchain 2.0 apps, cloud storage...Bitcoin will look like dinausore pretty soon.
-best expected rewards : hard to expect x100+ profit now with bitcoin whereas it's clearly possible with XC
Exemple:
Bitcoin priced 15k$ x actual number of bitcoin 13 284 600 = 199 billions$ marketcap, actual price multiplied by 37.5

XC priced 300$ would give 1.66 billions marketcap (about 1/3 of actual bitcoin marketcap) , actual price multiplied by 500 (300$/0.6$)

-flexibility : XC can adapt very quickly.
-Clean public image: XC isn't related to silk road (FBI seizure..), MTgox hack 740k bitcoin could potentialy hit the market... 1 millions bitcoin from anonymous founder satoshi could hit the market
-best business model: more reason for customers to accumulate XC: 3.3% profit stacking per year, Run Xmixer with 1000 XC could generate huge profit in the futur...

Conclusion:

XC could overtake bitcoin faster than expected. Most of bitcoin advantage (recognition, adoption) have developed a solid basis for XC rise.
If Bitcoin ETF are regulated next few month it would open the door for Xc to enter in the same market and would be in direct fair competition against bitcoin.
With XC tech delivered, tested and audited vs bitcoin on nasdaq => bitcoin would loose the fight really quick. best technology, road map and risk/rewards attract smart and greedy investors.
every media would talk about insane bull run of XC on market, adoption/recognition and profit from xmixer explode...

If XC team continue to deliver the road map, i don't see how Xc could stay so much inferior than Bitcoin for long.

Don't you think in the futur XC marketcap could join 1/3 of actual bitcoin market cap? would transform 1000 euros initial investment into 500keuros, without counting stacking + xmixer profit.
Do you know a better risk/rewards investment in the world?

As result i play XC long term !  

Great Post. Taking out my obvious XC bias, I personally believe that most decent cryptos will have a mkt. cap close to $1b within the next 5 years.
ChilliWinter

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:43:55 PM

hi Dan,

any chance to got last release available for linux and osx this day ?

Thanks

Cloakcoin, Blocknet and Syscoin supporter
cryptico

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:50:56 PM

anyone heard about Russia officially banning bitcoin in 2015?

http://rt.com/business/187440-bitcoin-ban-russia-cryptocurrency/

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:57:02 PM

How much more can they fail ?
EPIC?  Roll Eyes

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:07:34 PM

Again? It's not like they can use VISA cards either due to sanctions.
cryptico

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:43:38 PM

Yea... call it a smart smove lol

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:47:55 PM

Bummer, so much for our perfectly planned PR campaign.

Not surprised at all, though. They're a bunch of noobs over there at Moolah. I can't remember a single time they've met a deadline.

Nothing's new under the sun.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:23:47 PM

My conversation with Max and Stacy:

https://twitter.com/stacyherbert/status/513635643864645632
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 03:27:58 PM

Updated Wallet for xmixer/private transactions

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/

v2.49.06 - Adjusts to protocol for improved transaction processing

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
ChilliWinter

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:31:25 PM

Very good, thanks Dan !

Any ETA for linux and osx users ?
Thanks

atcsecure

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 03:46:08 PM

Very good, thanks Dan !

Thanks

Once I am comfortable with the code & test results, the other wallets will be released

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
ChilliWinter

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:52:10 PM

Very good, thanks Dan !

Thanks

Once I am comfortable with the code & test results, the other wallets will be released

Dan

so ok :-)

Thanks again

atcsecure

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 03:59:01 PM

Very good, thanks Dan !

Thanks

Dan

so ok :-)

Thanks again

Well yeah, since we are doing several test releases a day which are not backwards compatible [xmixer/private-tx feature] at the moment to fine tune the code and identify issues it just wouldn't make since until it is stable

So far the results with this latest release are good -- https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?8e063263fe062e91b4b0f9586e398a230cf27714e0d44e2c17bbcc27047e1bff.htm -

Dan

cryptico

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

I don't know how to read transactions.. did you send this amount    17.016506 XC ?

Are you triyng to send large amounts? anyway it looks like there are a lot of transactions in one transactions Smiley ahaha if that makes sense..

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Pages: « 1 ... 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 ... 1627 »
  Print  

Jump to: