Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:17:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 [1600] 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:22:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMaE6toi4mk

You can rent this space
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:44:51 PM

Sometimes it is difficult to see thru THE MIST...

http://youtu.be/UNv_UfBmy0Q
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:50:40 PM

why its very inactive and still no news about TOR STICK shipping? its delaying more that week and no answer

Maybe we just wanted to see if you'd post another mopey, negative remark.

If this how you now choose to reply to the community perhaps we need a new PR representative. Your style has become abrasive to say the least, and after all the revelations of the past few weeks, people are naturally concerned about XC's future.

Just do your job, and leave the indignant, defensive attitude at home.

Actually I was also a bit disappointed to read that reply. The big difference in XC was always the
incredibly professional attitude shown by the team whatever - their replies even to fudders were always respectful.
Can we have a return to that please.  
Grg

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:01:21 PM

why its very inactive and still no news about TOR STICK shipping? its delaying more that week and no answer

If this how you now choose to reply to the community perhaps we need a new PR representative. Your style has become abrasive to say the least, and after all the revelations of the past few weeks, people are naturally concerned about XC's future.

Actually I was also a bit disappointed to read that reply. The big difference in XC was always the
incredibly professional attitude shown by the team whatever - their replies even to fudders were always respectful.
Can we have a return to that please.  

Ya, Agreed.

Leave the fudders behind in a polite manner and let actions speak louder then words.

-Grg
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:02:55 PM

Indeed it appears hard to see through the mist (but thanks for sharing my music). See, in my opinion the following has the things precisely backwards:

They should feel grateful to dig thru your superior PR posts.  It doesn't matter where their money went.  Just to post in the same thread as you is such magic.  Bow down.

To construe me as putting myself in a superior position by telling someone to read up on my post history is, I think, wrongheaded.

I would be putting myself in a superior position if I were to continue to support the expectation that the XC team will respond to the community's every question, concern, and worry.

Why? Because doing so supports and enables a dependency upon me to provide information and support.

But I'm not some infallible/impartial/ideal source of information. It is unethical for me to enable activity that would treat me as such - and to do so would wrongly put me in a position of superiority.

So what I'm implying with the way I post lately is that I do not want the community to put me on a pedestal on this way.

(By the way, my reply to Reebokass's post had more to do with him agreeing to stop posting mopey, negative remarks - something he's entirely failed to put a stop to. It wasn't a general reply to the community; it was a reply specifically to him.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:12:16 PM

Indeed it appears hard to see through the mist (but thanks for sharing my music). See, in my opinion the following has the things precisely backwards:

They should feel grateful to dig thru your superior PR posts.  It doesn't matter where their money went.  Just to post in the same thread as you is such magic.  Bow down.

To construe me as putting myself in a superior position by telling someone to read up on my post history is, I think, wrongheaded.

I would be putting myself in a superior position if I were to continue to support the expectation that the XC team will respond to the community's every question, concern, and worry.

Why? Because doing so supports and enables a dependency upon me to provide information and support.

But I'm not some infallible/impartial/ideal source of information. It is unethical for me to enable activity that would treat me as such - and to do so would wrongly put me in a position of superiority.

So what I'm implying with the way I post lately is that I do not want the community to put me on a pedestal on this way.

(By the way, my reply to Reebokass's post had more to do with him agreeing to stop posting mopey, negative remarks - something he's entirely failed to put a stop to. It wasn't a general reply to the community; it was a reply specifically to him.)

Arlyn I think now it is the time to stop your dialectic foil and start to address a bit what is your role in our community.

In a way I can agree that we relied on you maybe too much with asking for updates etc. The fact is that you are our first and only point of contact between the community and what happens behind the curtains.

As you have been paid for it is your role as well to provide with minimal but precise answers on basic things like XC torstick and ISO for Example.. I would say as well where we are in the development right now also but I leave that apart.

After all the fudstorm that happened if you and the team lock yourself from the community speculation can go rampant and off course we will loose faith in the project if you continue to do so.

Just my two cents.

Investing in XC was the first time for me that I got involved so much in Crypto and because of this I continued to support the project with holding my Investment instead of dumping it. if it was not for this behaviour, shared by people that still post in here you will not have had a project to work for since a long time.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:19:28 PM

Arlyn I think now it is the time to stop your dialectic foil and start to address a bit what is your role in our community.

My remarks above are not a foil for anything.

I will release information as and when I have it. I will not delay to do so either.

I will also generally refrain from posting hearsay and speculation regarding update-related news.

But if you really want something to go by, I can offer a vague scrap of info: the strain we were all put under during the smear campaign has created a minor backlog and the TOR sticks were affected by this. They can be expected to ship very soon but I don't know when.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:29:50 PM

My remarks above are not a foil for anything.

I will release information as and when I have it. I will not delay to do so either.

I will also generally refrain from posting hearsay and speculation regarding update-related news.

But if you really want something to go by, I can offer a vague scrap of info: the strain we were all put under during the smear campaign has created a minor backlog and the TOR sticks were affected by this. They can be expected to ship very soon but I don't know when.

So why you do not just say

Guys no info at for Now from Dan when the Tor stick will ship suck it up I will update you on monday on this or whenever I have an answer from him.

That's it no fuss about it.

As well if you don't have any info regarding rev 2.5 just say it and if you have a probable release date just say it as well no bother if there is a delay as long as you will say it in a timely matter.

Is this patronising us?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
holyprofit

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:38:49 PM

But I'm not some infallible/impartial/ideal source of information. ... etc

Isn't it your role to provide information and support? Are you saying that you are no longer prepared to provide information and support?!
You are actually our only source of information.

(Answer the above question in the affirmative if you wish to see confidence in this project dive to zero)

flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:53:49 PM

Sorry guys thought 0004 was the bottom. Hopefully we'll get some good news from the team soon as it looks like we are going lower.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 12:02:30 AM

Isn't it your role to provide information and support?

Yes it is.

Are you saying that you are no longer prepared to provide information and support?!

No.

What I've been doing all along - especially with my reply to Reebokass - is providing information.

It's just not the information the community expects or necessarily wants (though I know some will be relieved to see me trying to dismantle the prior mode of interaction between me and the community, because it caused so much undue strain and emotion.)

In my post above, I'm supplying higher-order information pertaining to the way we interact. It's information that's as relevant to XC as any other information.

As always, I will continue to provide information of the normal sort regarding releases, news, etc.

And for the time being, I will also provide higher-order information about how the community and I are interacting when it seems to me to be pertinent.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:09:04 AM

Synechist, do you personally hold any XC?
flashbit

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:11:01 AM

Yes it is.

Are you saying that you are no longer prepared to provide information and support?!

No.

What I've been doing all along - especially with my reply to Reebokass - is providing information.

It's just not the information the community expects or necessarily wants (though I know some will be relieved to see me trying to dismantle the prior mode of interaction between me and the community, because it caused so much undue strain and emotion.)

In my post above, I'm supplying higher-order information pertaining to the way we interact. It's information that's as relevant to XC as any other information.

As always, I will continue to provide information of the normal sort regarding releases, news, etc.

And for the time being, I will also provide higher-order information about how the community and I are interacting when it seems to me to be pertinent.

Arlyn, what about going back to a daily or weekly update? You could highlight the teams activities as we approach new milestones in the project. This worked quite well before.
flashbit

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:15:23 AM

Looks like some nice arbitrage with Crypsty and Bittrex. Large buy orders on Cryptsy holding up much higher.
holyprofit

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:17:27 AM

Yes it is.

No.

OK - great! Then I think you just have to be consistent - i.e. collectively swinging from "there's great news - and tor-sticks - coming any minute" to "stop bitching about progress" is a recipe for disaster. Somewhere in the middle would be nice. You just have to be precise and say - due to the fudstorm the timeline for tor-sticks - or whatever - is now xxx. In my opinion a weekly update would be a good idea to have something to point at - it would deflect 90% of the questions you get and prevent you getting into debates on dielactical materialism and the like.
ProfX

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:55:55 AM

I strongly suggest that Arlyn brings back the DAILY UPDATES, it would be much appreciated by the community and myself if we could keep up-to-date with all the new developments in XC. The FUD hasn't helped XC one bit, but I think we need to restore some order and go back to the way things used to be. Lets start with bringing back the daily updates
holyprofit

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:15:31 AM

I strongly suggest that Arlyn brings back the DAILY UPDATES, it would be much appreciated by the community and myself if we could keep up-to-date with all the new developments in XC. The FUD hasn't helped XC one bit, but I think we need to restore some order and go back to the way things used to be. Lets start with bringing back the daily updates

Agreed - I have no idea why you (Arlyn) spend so much time battling every point with every troll (and/or responding to the community's every concern question and worry) when you could simply answer them all with daily updates. You say you waste so much time on here - why not do updates and then you can relax.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:00:37 AM

synechist is not a "PR representative."  He is the High Priest of the XC Cargo Cult.

If you question Cult doctrine, expect to be shunned.  That's how cults work, silly!   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:33:29 AM

after litecoin, x11 or xecutive coin is my second but now all coins are dead
so sad  Roll Eyes

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:16:38 AM

Just a reminder for everyone having difficulty weathering the fudstorm, Dan is a tech professional with almost 20 years of experience, he is not some scammy 18 year old living in his parents basement. This man has the intelligence to pull off much more sophisticated and high stakes scams if he were so inclined.

If you don't believe me, then Google him. You will find plenty of email correspondences between Dan and his clients.

http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/security-control-equipment-and-system-monitors/wireless-broadband-systems-inc-in-marshfield-ma-20341/

I went with my gut on this investment and I'm sticking to my guns, I just hope we can recover from the FUD.
Pages: « 1 ... 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 [1600] 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: