Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:07:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (Poll is over — Does anyone know how to delete this?)  (Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 06:53:27 PM)
3% - 0 (0%)
6% - 0 (0%)
12% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Piggycoin [PIGGY] | 3% interest | Web PiggyBank | Android PiggyBank  (Read 222551 times)
Androidicus

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:51:06 AM

1) Any estimate on timescale for the CoinKing exchange process?

I have provided new address and sent old to the generated address...

2) Does POS work only on open wallet?

3) Does POS work on encrypted but open wallet?

TY

Failure is success waiting to happen...
coke15

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:53:21 AM

hi  i agree with you Smiley  i change coin too Shocked

please remove this pool from the first post,we mine wind...or the op keeps coin  to himself
Androidicus

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:04:28 AM

on bittrex, is the old piggy or the new? and if we want to change.. we have to register on coinking or not?

bittrex has new piggy. you do not have to register with coinking simply follow the link in the OP.  Put in your new wallet address and it will provide you a different address to send your old piggy to.

I know patience is a virtue but a bump to my previous post - any idea on timescales for CoinKing exchange process?

TY  Smiley

piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:12:59 AM

on bittrex, is the old piggy or the new? and if we want to change.. we have to register on coinking or not?

bittrex has new piggy. you do not have to register with coinking simply follow the link in the OP.  Put in your new wallet address and it will provide you a different address to send your old piggy to.

I know patience is a virtue but a bump to my previous post - any idea on timescales for CoinKing exchange process?

TY  Smiley

give it two hours. It is supposed to take five confirmations from the old blockchain + 5 minutes

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:51:50 AM

hmm so what is keeping the old block chain running? Are people still mining it? and will there be a point where you can no longer mine it / use the CoinKing service to change old PIG into new PIGGY??  Huh

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
yunquanquano

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:34:50 PM

dev The first three blocks pre-dug 265,353,096 people do not play the bad faith of everyone boycott dev together!

notsoshifty

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:43:55 PM

dev The first three blocks pre-dug 265,353,096 people do not play the bad faith of everyone boycott dev together!

These 265 million PIGGY coins are equal to the number of old PIG coins mined in the last 3-4 months, and are sent to people who exchange old PIG for new PIGGY. They were mined by the developer, who transferred them to coinking, who are distributing them to everyone who sends them old PIG. Once the exchange process is fully complete (everyone has exchanged their PIG), that number will be down to zero.

They are not a hidden premine or anything nasty, don't worry!
notsoshifty

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:53:24 PM

hmm so what is keeping the old block chain running? Are people still mining it? and will there be a point where you can no longer mine it / use the CoinKing service to change old PIG into new PIGGY??  Huh

See also my previous post:

The old blockchain is still being mined, and will continue to give block rewards until block 62500; after that block, it will still be mineable, but will give no block rewards. The block times are generally longer than 1 minute, as the difficulty hasn't yet fully adjusted to the reduced hashrate now that everybody is mining X11 PIGGY rather than Scrypt PIG.

The original date mentioned for block 62500 would have been an estimate based on the average block time. But piggydev decided to launch X11 PIGGY at a fixed time rather than when the old blockchain hit block 62500; I think it was the right decision.

Having the old blockchain moving is important as it allows everyone to exchange their PIG for PIGGY at the coinking site.

The old chain will always be mineable, but with zero rewards. Coinking are presumably going to switch off the exchange feature at some point, but I'm sure we'll get plenty of notice. Best to exchange your coins sooner rather than later.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:55:20 PM

These 265 million PIGGY coins are equal to the number of old PIG coins mined in the last 3-4 months, and are sent to people who exchange old PIG for new PIGGY. They were mined by the developer, who transferred them to coinking, who are distributing them to everyone who sends them old PIG. Once the exchange process is fully complete (everyone has exchanged their PIG), that number will be down to zero.

They are not a hidden premine or anything nasty, don't worry!

Yup, that should be pretty obvious to anyone paying attention.  Smiley

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
notsoshifty

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:55:34 PM

Is it the same on Poloniex? I have coins there but not sure how to convert them. I've logged into Coinking, but still unsure what to do as I don't want to lose my coins.

I believe that Poloniex have automatically exchanged all their customers' coins, so no need to do anything. If you check your balance in Poloniex, do you have the expected number of PIGGY?
FiniteRed

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:07:13 PM

See also my previous post:

The old blockchain is still being mined, and will continue to give block rewards until block 62500; after that block, it will still be mineable, but will give no block rewards. The block times are generally longer than 1 minute, as the difficulty hasn't yet fully adjusted to the reduced hashrate now that everybody is mining X11 PIGGY rather than Scrypt PIG.

The original date mentioned for block 62500 would have been an estimate based on the average block time. But piggydev decided to launch X11 PIGGY at a fixed time rather than when the old blockchain hit block 62500; I think it was the right decision.

Having the old blockchain moving is important as it allows everyone to exchange their PIG for PIGGY at the coinking site.

The old chain will always be mineable, but with zero rewards. Coinking are presumably going to switch off the exchange feature at some point, but I'm sure we'll get plenty of notice. Best to exchange your coins sooner rather than later.

Excellent thanks for the info Smiley

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
flipboxx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:33:45 PM

Idiot troll.
Androidicus

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:11:24 PM

Right - 2 hours? More like 5 hours so far...

Neither the old address CoinKing displayed to send OLD PIG to can be found in the blockchain explorer or my NEW PIGGY address from my NEW PIGGY wallet.

Looks like my PIGs are flying somewhere but not in either of my wallets...

Huh

FiniteRed

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:15:24 PM

Neither the old address CoinKing displayed to send OLD PIG to can be found in the blockchain explorer or my NEW PIGGY address from my NEW PIGGY wallet.

Huh

What's your old piggy public address?

piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:16:15 PM

Guys, I won't be around much today since I need to take some personal time out but I want to give you a little side note.
I've been seeing some people complaining about price/dumping in bittrex/polo. This is NORMAL and I thought about this when I made the decision to go x11 with such a short PoW mining span.
The dumping will happen this week and won't happen anymore, multipools will stop bothering us and price will start to rise since there won't be anyone who doesn't believe in the coin dumping PIGGY for quick profit...

I don't want to make any price predictions since market prediction is not my strong suit but I can guarantee you that the dumping that is stopping the price from going up that is happening now will stop, this is just a phase we are going through (1/4 of it is done).

Don't forget that we will also have a multipool ready as soon as we leave the PoW phase (that will be a big help in raising the price). We are not like other coins where you have to wait for a "multipool announcement", our multipool was announced before we even went PoS (with the change already in mind ofc).
We will also keep delivering updates to the wallet with the help of our friend flubber, our gratefulness and gratitude for his work can't be enough.

Huh

How many confirmations so far in the old blockchain?

The crypto for kids!
scordaive

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:22:57 PM

i cannot withdraw my PIG (scrypt) from the chickenstrips pool.  there is no way to cash out.

Shoot me a PM with pool ID / Username and e-mail, I'll need you to e-mail me to confirm.  Thanks

Sorry, my PM attempts always fail...

Old pool ID: scordaive
Email scordaive@hotmail.com
Androidicus

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:23:40 PM

Guys, I won't be around much today since I need to take some personal time out but I want to give you a little side note.
I've been seeing some people complaining about price/dumping in bittrex/polo. This is NORMAL and I thought about this when I made the decision to go x11 with such a short PoW mining span.
The dumping will happen this week and won't happen anymore, multipools will stop bothering us and price will start to rise since there won't be anyone who doesn't believe in the coin dumping PIGGY for quick profit...

I don't want to make any price predictions since market prediction is not my strong suit but I can guarantee you that the dumping that is stopping the price from going up that is happening now will stop, this is just a phase we are going through (1/4 of it is done).

Don't forget that we will also have a multipool ready as soon as we leave the PoW phase (that will be a big help in raising the price). We are not like other coins where you have to wait for a "multipool announcement", our multipool was announced before we even went PoS (with the change already in mind ofc).
We will also keep delivering updates to the wallet with the help of our friend flubber, our gratefulness and gratitude for his work can't be enough.

Huh

(FiniteRed - TY also)

PIGGY New: pt13yVBxvPtKjsqJnKKYke1YYALqNbP4VB

COINKING deposit address:  7FEo5WBJwnUUz28atBUHkBFxiY4YiHrwQd

FiniteRed

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:40:36 PM

Huh

(FiniteRed - TY also)

PIGGY New: pt13yVBxvPtKjsqJnKKYke1YYALqNbP4VB

COINKING deposit address:  7FEo5WBJwnUUz28atBUHkBFxiY4YiHrwQd

hmm the deposit address has not been seen on he block chain apparently, what's your old wallet address?

BakSAj

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Question: Im still mining on old scrypt till bock 62.500. What will happen with last block rewards (e.g. 62.470+) - they cant be ever confirmed or the coins transferred?
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:38:49 PM

Question: Im still mining on old scrypt till bock 62.500. What will happen with last block rewards (e.g. 62.470+) - they cant be ever confirmed or the coins transferred?

They will be confirmed if people keep mining them, if they don't help the network we will give it some a boost ourselves.

The crypto for kids!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: