Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (Poll is over — Does anyone know how to delete this?)  (Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 06:53:27 PM)
3% - 0 (0%)
6% - 0 (0%)
12% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Piggycoin [PIGGY] | 3% interest | Web PiggyBank | Android PiggyBank  (Read 222542 times)
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:37:58 AM

The PiggyCoin Foundation coins were sold on Poloniex @ 16 sat, yielding a little over 0.24 BTC.  Now to try and figure out how to get them to 88bikes, who don't accept bitcoin...

Mo

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:20:49 AM

More news!

1. PIGGY tipping has been enabled in the Cryptopia trollbox.  Though they are not as frequent, there are still some vulgar gifs posted in the trollbox so be aware if browsing with little piggies!

2. Our educative quiz faucet piggyfacts.com is down at the moment.  We hope to get it back up sooner rather than later.

Mo

The crypto for kids!
greenmo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 06:14:21 AM

PIGGY tipping has been enabled in the Cryptopia trollbox.  Though they are not as frequent, there are still some vulgar gifs posted in the trollbox so be aware if browsing with little piggies!

If signing up for Cryptopia, please consider using my referral link which will refund me some of the DOT I spent to enable tipping: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Register?referrer=piggygreenmo

Thanks also to ‘shotgun’, a mod in the Cryptopia trollbox, who contributed some DOT towards the total!
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:00:09 AM

The PiggyCoin Foundation coins were sold on Poloniex @ 16 sat, yielding a little over 0.24 BTC.  Now to try and figure out how to get them to 88bikes, who don't accept bitcoin...

Mo

Thanks for updating us all. Too bad you can't just buy the bikes on Purse.io and have them sent direct to 88bikes. ;-)

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
neurocis

Activity: 113
Merit: 23

Dreams are realities un-manifested.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 05:17:29 AM

So approx. timeline:

1. Piggy-Coinb.in - End of month. - DELIVERED.
2. Piggy-Insight, Insight-API and PiggyCore - Mid Sept. - DELIVERED (late ~10 days)
3. EasySend Twitter and DNKey for Piggy-Coinb.in - Early Oct. End of Oct.
4. PiggyCore Wallet Service and built on that PiggyPay MultiSig web wallet - Early Nov.

Further timelines TBA.

Update:

API is now available at https://www.piggy-coin.com/api and conforms to bitpay's Insight api. Source @ https://github.com/TeamPiggyCoin/PiggyInsight-API.

PiggyCoinb.in has now interfaces with the PiggyInsight-API to grab unspent outputs and broadcast the transaction to the network @ https://piggy-coin.com/PiggyCoinb.in/. PiggyCoinb.in serves as both a great educational tool about how transactions work, fully client-side wallet and functional multi-sig frontend. We will get some more Piggy branding into that project shortly.

Time permitting I hope to push a PiggyCoinb.in wallet HOWTO video (also read as looking for volunteers please).

Now on to EasySend and the NRP (Name Resolution Providers) framework.

Neurocis.
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 10:28:18 PM

So approx. timeline:

1. Piggy-Coinb.in - End of month. - DELIVERED.
2. Piggy-Insight, Insight-API and PiggyCore - Mid Sept. - DELIVERED (late ~10 days)
3. EasySend Twitter and DNKey for Piggy-Coinb.in - Early Oct. End of Oct.
4. PiggyCore Wallet Service and built on that PiggyPay MultiSig web wallet - Early Nov.

Further timelines TBA.

Update:

API is now available at https://www.piggy-coin.com/api and conforms to bitpay's Insight api. Source @ https://github.com/TeamPiggyCoin/PiggyInsight-API.

PiggyCoinb.in has now interfaces with the PiggyInsight-API to grab unspent outputs and broadcast the transaction to the network @ https://piggy-coin.com/PiggyCoinb.in/. PiggyCoinb.in serves as both a great educational tool about how transactions work, fully client-side wallet and functional multi-sig frontend. We will get some more Piggy branding into that project shortly.

Time permitting I hope to push a PiggyCoinb.in wallet HOWTO video (also read as looking for volunteers please).

Now on to EasySend and the NRP (Name Resolution Providers) framework.

Neurocis.

i see great steps taken forward. very nice work dev. thats the best way to build up an awesome community!
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:39:04 PM

The piggyfacts.com educative faucet is back online ;8]

The crypto for kids!
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:49:21 PM

There will be some service interruptions this weekend as we update our servers to enable new features and make existing features more reliable.

The crypto for kids!
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:44:38 PM

There will be some service interruptions this weekend as we update our servers to enable new features and make existing features more reliable.

Do you mean interruptions to the Piggycoin website? I assume the coin itself is not affected?

I have a question for the dev team or others knowledgeable about wallets. I've been running a Piggycoin wallet on a laptop, 24/7 (almost), staking most of the time. Lately the laptop has been getting slower and slower, to the point that it was crippled for anything else. (Press a key and wait, open a program and come back later... and God forbid I should try to copy and paste a line of text in Excel.)

Finally in desperation I tried force-quitting the Piggycoin wallet (since it was unresponsive or taking a horribly long time to get to the point of regularly shutting it down). Now performance is decent again. Any idea why the wallet would be causing such a severe slowdown? What can I do to prevent it or alleviate it?

(Another data point: I also occasionally fire up a non-staking, duplicate copy of the wallet on a powerful desktop computer, just to keep it sync'd up. Recently something got corrupted and I had to revert to a 3-month old backup. It's taking "forever" to catch back up, after 10+ hours it's gotten from around July 21 to August 23 in the blockchain, despite having a good connection to ~10 peers. And the wallet is rather unresponsive like on the laptop, although the 8-core system is otherwise its usual snappy self.)

greenmo

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:38:19 AM

Do you mean interruptions to the Piggycoin website? I assume the coin itself is not affected?

Right -- The website, piggyfacts, EasySend, the web wallet (whose database is backed-up so don't worry ;-)), the Reddit tipbot, ...

The coin itself will be unaffected :-)

I have a question for the dev team or others knowledgeable about wallets. I've been running a Piggycoin wallet on a laptop, 24/7 (almost), staking most of the time. Lately the laptop has been getting slower and slower, to the point that it was crippled for anything else. (Press a key and wait, open a program and come back later... and God forbid I should try to copy and paste a line of text in Excel.)

Finally in desperation I tried force-quitting the Piggycoin wallet (since it was unresponsive or taking a horribly long time to get to the point of regularly shutting it down). Now performance is decent again. Any idea why the wallet would be causing such a severe slowdown? What can I do to prevent it or alleviate it?

(Another data point: I also occasionally fire up a non-staking, duplicate copy of the wallet on a powerful desktop computer, just to keep it sync'd up. Recently something got corrupted and I had to revert to a 3-month old backup. It's taking "forever" to catch back up, after 10+ hours it's gotten from around July 21 to August 23 in the blockchain, despite having a good connection to ~10 peers. And the wallet is rather unresponsive like on the laptop, although the 8-core system is otherwise its usual snappy self.)

I'll alert neurocis to your post :-)
neurocis

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:16:06 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 07:41:11 PM by neurocis

Hi ebeliever,

I've been running a Piggycoin wallet on a laptop, 24/7 (almost), staking most of the time. Lately the laptop has been getting slower and slower, to the point that it was crippled for anything else.

What is more than likely happening is with each stake the coins are still being split, so you may be staking 100's or even thousands of unspent transaction outputs every block. That's a lot of calculations every minute. It may be time for some clean-up and send a large hunk of your coins back to yourself so they are once again in a few dozen transactions. I will take a look at the mechanics of this again next time I crack open the wallet code.

While verifying a block, the daemon puts the GUI into a "wait state". During sync all that is really happening is block verification so until sync is complete the GUI is pretty much unresponsive in the current wallet implementation. 10+ hours to go from July 21st to Aug 23rd seems slightly on the slow side but not unreasonable to me. I found during sync just running the daemon and not the GUI is about 20%-30% faster at syncing.

neurocis.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:38:01 AM

Hi ebeliever,

I've been running a Piggycoin wallet on a laptop, 24/7 (almost), staking most of the time. Lately the laptop has been getting slower and slower, to the point that it was crippled for anything else.

What is more than likely happening is with each stake the coins are still being split, so you may be staking 100's or even thousands of unspent transaction outputs every block. That's a lot of calculations every minute. It may be time for some clean-up and send a large hunk of your coins back to yourself so they are once again in a few dozen transactions. I will take a look at the mechanics of this again next time I crack open the wallet code.

While verifying a block, the daemon puts the GUI into a "wait state". During sync all that is really happening is block verification so until sync is complete the GUI is pretty much unresponsive in the current wallet implementation. 10+ hours to go from July 21st to Aug 23rd seems slightly on the slow side but not unreasonable to me. I found during sync just running the daemon and not the GUI is about 20%-30% faster at syncing.

neurocis.

Thanks for being ever helpful! I kinda suspected something along the lines you mention, as I use Coin Control to send piggycoins from one address to specific addresses I've assigned to each of my children, within the same wallet. And when I do that I notice hundreds of lines of unspent transactions. They probably are proliferating like you said. I'll do what you suggest to try to clean things up when I have a chance (probably a few days, as I want to be sure I do it right and am extremely busy this week. I track my kids piggycoins manually as a backup, but want to avoid creating a mess amongst the wallet addresses - at least, no more a mess than I have right now!)

piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:20:52 AM

The amount raised by the PiggyCoin Foundation for the charity 88bikes has finally been donated to them! Thanks to PIGGY fan Solita in the US for helping out in getting to them.  (It's a US-headquartered charity.)  And thanks of course to everyone who donated!

It was 1,500,000 PIGGY that was raised. This was sold on Poloniex at 16 satoshis per PIGGY, netting a little over 0.24 BTC. This was recently converted to about 65 US dollars, and then Solita added a bit to take it up to 70 USD.  :8]

The crypto for kids!
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:31:34 PM

Congrats with the donation. :-)

I did some cleanup on my wallet, and it appears to be working. Thanks Neurocis! I'll keep that in mind in the future.

minerfool

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:42:31 PM

The amount raised by the PiggyCoin Foundation for the charity 88bikes has finally been donated to them! Thanks to PIGGY fan Solita in the US for helping out in getting to them.  (It's a US-headquartered charity.)  And thanks of course to everyone who donated!

It was 1,500,000 PIGGY that was raised. This was sold on Poloniex at 16 satoshis per PIGGY, netting a little over 0.24 BTC. This was recently converted to about 65 US dollars, and then Solita added a bit to take it up to 70 USD.  :8]

Thanks for that ...

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:30:26 AM

And this little PIGGY cried wee, wee, wee all the way home...

Well this is interesting. I was about to ask in a private PM about some PIGGY that mysteriously vanished from my wallet, but now they appear to have returned.

I used to track my Piggycoin pretty closely in an excel file, but tailed off to less and less frequent updates. About a month ago I recorded one such update, with total holdings growing consistently at the 3% staking rate. When I did my wallet cleanup as noted above a few days ago, I was intrigued to discover the total reported by the wallet was ~6,000 PIGGY _fewer_ than I'd had a month ago. I knew I hadn't sent any PIGGY outside the wallet (all the addresses in my address book at this point are internal to the wallet itself, and they are the only ones I use). With staking I knew I should have had tens of thousands more, not less. Still, I decided to sit tight and see what happens, as I've learned to trust that things are usually OK with Piggycoin even if I don't always understand them.

Sure enough this morning it looks like all the missing PIGGY have returned, including the amount I'd expect from a month of staking. Without doing a deep dive into the blockchain, can anyone explain such behavior? Does the wallet not always report the total amount of PIGGY it is holding?

(At least this time I didn't spend an hour chasing my missing piggies, blindly thrashing through a cornfield in a fruitless attempt to lead them back to the pasture they'd busted out of, as a thunderstorm approached... which is my real-life experience with missing piggies from a month ago. ;-)

greenmo

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 03:45:06 PM

And this little PIGGY cried wee, wee, wee all the way home...

Well this is interesting. I was about to ask in a private PM about some PIGGY that mysteriously vanished from my wallet, but now they appear to have returned.

I used to track my Piggycoin pretty closely in an excel file, but tailed off to less and less frequent updates. About a month ago I recorded one such update, with total holdings growing consistently at the 3% staking rate. When I did my wallet cleanup as noted above a few days ago, I was intrigued to discover the total reported by the wallet was ~6,000 PIGGY _fewer_ than I'd had a month ago. I knew I hadn't sent any PIGGY outside the wallet (all the addresses in my address book at this point are internal to the wallet itself, and they are the only ones I use). With staking I knew I should have had tens of thousands more, not less. Still, I decided to sit tight and see what happens, as I've learned to trust that things are usually OK with Piggycoin even if I don't always understand them.

Sure enough this morning it looks like all the missing PIGGY have returned, including the amount I'd expect from a month of staking. Without doing a deep dive into the blockchain, can anyone explain such behavior? Does the wallet not always report the total amount of PIGGY it is holding?

(At least this time I didn't spend an hour chasing my missing piggies, blindly thrashing through a cornfield in a fruitless attempt to lead them back to the pasture they'd busted out of, as a thunderstorm approached... which is my real-life experience with missing piggies from a month ago. ;-)

I let neurocis know about this post when I saw it, soon after it was posted.  He said "That is weird, hmmm.".  If he hasn't contacted you about it yet, you'd better PM him :8]  (He was busy with the server restructuring.)
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 04:42:00 PM

It's not a big deal. Though I should mention the "missing" piggies are missing again as of this morning.  Grin

Hmm, that makes me wonder if it has something to do with running the same wallet file on two computers. I'll have to check when I get home and see what the tally is there.

piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:20:19 PM

Announcing http://letsgetstaking.com, the one stop shop for everything POS.
LGS hosts regularly updated bootstraps for many POS coins with more being added regularly. Shared via BTSync you can grab bootstraps and quick start packs from
http://letsgetstaking.com/bootstrap-files

For hands off staking LGS also has a staking pool.
For more info visit.
http://letsgetstaking.com/pool

Please be wary of downloading wallets (PiggyBanks) from unofficial sources.

Also, an official bootstrap file is available in the OP (page 1) of this thread.

The crypto for kids!
neurocis

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 05:25:18 PM

Announcing http://letsgetstaking.com, the one stop shop for everything POS.
LGS hosts regularly updated bootstraps for many POS coins with more being added regularly. Shared via BTSync you can grab bootstraps and quick start packs from
http://letsgetstaking.com/bootstrap-files

For hands off staking LGS also has a staking pool.
For more info visit.
http://letsgetstaking.com/pool

Suggestion rdyoung, if you are going to promote your product in our thread what about actually having the coin on the list of your site .... Just saying ....  Tongue

neurocis
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: