Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (Poll is over — Does anyone know how to delete this?)  (Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 06:53:27 PM)
3% - 0 (0%)
6% - 0 (0%)
12% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Piggycoin [PIGGY] | 3% interest | Web PiggyBank | Android PiggyBank  (Read 222551 times)
Mastermine

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:25:48 PM

just dropped 25k piggy on the foundation Smiley. Get some bikes to kids guys!
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:03:52 PM

any chance u can make it so u can change the colour ?
loving everything else Go PIggy!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:35:50 PM

Here's my short analysis of Piggycoin, and I'll be honest: other than a somewhat interesting wallet I'm not seeing much here. Yes, a community can build a coin out of nothing, but with dozens of new coins each month it's getting harder to differentiate. Best of luck to the community, and it will be interesting to see how much my PIGGY are worth in a few months, or even a few years. If there are errors in the specs, let me know -- and if someone wants to fill me in on what's happening with the original PIG now, I don't have time to dig around for more information but it looks like people are trying to keep it going? Interesting idea...bound to fail IMO, but interesting nonetheless. :-)

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 12:48:26 AM

Here's my short analysis of Piggycoin, and I'll be honest: other than a somewhat interesting wallet I'm not seeing much here. Yes, a community can build a coin out of nothing, but with dozens of new coins each month it's getting harder to differentiate. Best of luck to the community, and it will be interesting to see how much my PIGGY are worth in a few months, or even a few years. If there are errors in the specs, let me know -- and if someone wants to fill me in on what's happening with the original PIG now, I don't have time to dig around for more information but it looks like people are trying to keep it going? Interesting idea...bound to fail IMO, but interesting nonetheless. :-)
Piggy is not an interesting coin with a future? Are you an idiot?  99% of the coins that come out have ABSOLUTELY nothing going for them. No good wallet, No good website, no games, no education, no charity, Nothing. You sir can go back to mining or buying shit like Cloak, Super, whatever the coin of the week is, and watch it go to ZERO after the pump and dumpsters are done with it. At least piggy is a good cause and has a chance, every new coin since Vert has nothing going for it.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:22:03 AM

Piggy is not an interesting coin with a future? Are you an idiot?  99% of the coins that come out have ABSOLUTELY nothing going for them. No good wallet, No good website, no games, no education, no charity, Nothing. You sir can go back to mining or buying shit like Cloak, Super, whatever the coin of the week is, and watch it go to ZERO after the pump and dumpsters are done with it. At least piggy is a good cause and has a chance, every new coin since Vert has nothing going for it.

I completely agree.  The point of PIGGY is not to gain market momentum and pump the price up.  PIGGY is a long term goal, and I will be surprised if any of the top coins at the moment will last for more than half a year.  I'm holding on to those coins to dump Tongue.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:38:33 AM

I guess he missed that PIGGY has a working web wallet, and an android wallet, and some PIGGY games, and a foundation, and a very active dev team, and a multipool, and an educative faucet ... and targets a niche unlike any other coin ...

so yeah nothing interesting about PIGGY.

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Jordon_RapidCX

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:12:04 AM

We just added PiggyCoin to our exchange today!

It can be found here: https://www.rapidcx.com/exchange/piggycoin

Happy Trading!
Jordon Norris
Support Technician
Rapid CX
komodovpn

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:12:34 AM

Happy Trading!
Jordon Norris
Support Technician
Rapid CX

your site loads super slow

[ Minerals ] - The most fair distribution crypto
Jordon_RapidCX

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:18:35 AM

Happy Trading!
Jordon Norris
Support Technician
Rapid CX

your site loads super slow

I'm sorry it's loading slowly for you. Want to let me know which browser you're using? We just added a few new coins so the platform may be a bit slow and/or getting too much traffic right now.

Jordon Norris
Support Technician
Rapid CX
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:22:13 AM

What is the new wallet's console command to get it staking 100%?
I have a lot and it stakes none or a very small percentage,, and I
have not encrypted it ever.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

brownmon

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:23:29 AM

Instead of Piggyweeks, I'd like to see Piggy Fridays - some Piggy stuff every week!
ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:30:15 AM

Lets make some action !

kids needs bikes Kiss

http://piggycoinfoundation.com/#home

everybody can send some coins!!!!

Just donated some PIGGY to the foundation Smiley

I just tried to sign up and it was supposed to send me an address to donate to, but I never got the email.  Oh well, dropped 25k piggy as anon.
Mastermine

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:48:38 AM

Lets make some action !

kids needs bikes Kiss

http://piggycoinfoundation.com/#home

everybody can send some coins!!!!

Just donated some PIGGY to the foundation Smiley

I just tried to sign up and it was supposed to send me an address to donate to, but I never got the email.  Oh well, dropped 25k piggy as anon.

It probably went to your spam folder. mine went to spam and took a few minutes to get there. Glad to see the foundation moving! Smiley

There is free piggy popping off in #piggy on freenode randomly everyday! keep your eyes peeled! Love how social piggy is and great the community is Smiley.  Keep up the support and piggy will continue to soar Smiley.
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 08:56:41 AM

I guess he missed that PIGGY has a working web wallet, and an android wallet, and some PIGGY games, and a foundation, and a very active dev team, and a multipool, and an educative faucet ... and targets a niche unlike any other coin ...

Oh, wait... I mentioned every single one of those items. Yes: Every. Single. One. (Well, except the faucet and "games", but really, I can't say I care too much about either -- "get your free $0.001 by wasting two minutes of your time!"). Do you know how many coins have most of those items? And do you know how important most of them are? Besides a working wallet -- which is basically a requirement for any coin to do anything -- the games, foundation, etc. etc. do very little for a coin. Look at the price of PIGGY, and despite all the talk here among the "believers" it's not really doing much. Neither is DOGE, which is what... about 400 times the market cap of PIGGY. People might use DOGE for trading, sure, but I don't think anyone is now of the opinion that going long on DOGE would make sense.

I basically advocate holding coins that seem to have a future -- well, at least if you want them to be worth something. VTC is barely holding on, and it was the first Scrypt-N. UTC, YAC, YBC, etc. have all basically gone nowhere despite being early Scrypt-Jane. Get some BTC and hold it, or DRK, LTC, and perhaps a few others and they will likely pay off long-term. But PIGGY? What's it have that's a first? Nada. It has a decent wallet, but if you want to know what drives price and adoption of a cryptocurrency it's really quite simple: volume.

People complain about miners, pump and dumpers, coin developers, bloggers, etc. but without them, none of the new coins will really do anything noteworthy -- well, unless they're actually NEW coins and not just copies of other people's work. PIGGY is a copy of Scrypt, PoS, and X11 all rolled into a new wallet. Great. That's better than 95% of new coins. But given that 99% of new coins are destined to fail, the reasons to hold PIGGY are pretty questionable. Get the trading volume to spike up to 50 BTC in a day and people might take notice, and if you're lucky (and actually have the people to support and market the coin) you might even sustain that. But without hype and someone trying to pump PIGGY, it's going nowhere. 28 satoshis today, 14 next month, 7 the following... maybe that won't happen, but in five years -- heck, in TWO years! -- I will be truly shocked if anyone cares at all about PIGGY.

Worst thing going for PIGGY: the devs already bailed on PIG when it didn't do as well as they'd like. They're looking for the "Next Big Thing", and when PIGGY doesn't meet their hopes they'll try again, mark my words. If I didn't know any better, I'd think perhaps some of the devs for PIG/PIGGY came from CAI/CAIx -- or they're envious of CAI/CAIx, which is perhaps worse.

Mastermine

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:21:20 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 09:44:00 AM by Mastermine

Oh, wait... I mentioned every single one of those items. Yes: Every. Single. One. (Well, except the faucet and "games", but really, I can't say I care too much about either -- "get your free $0.001 by wasting two minutes of your time!"). Do you know how many coins have most of those items? And do you know how important most of them are? Besides a working wallet -- which is basically a requirement for any coin to do anything -- the games, foundation, etc. etc. do very little for a coin. Look at the price of PIGGY, and despite all the talk here among the "believers" it's not really doing much. Neither is DOGE, which is what... about 400 times the market cap of PIGGY. People might use DOGE for trading, sure, but I don't think anyone is now of the opinion that going long on DOGE would make sense.

I basically advocate holding coins that seem to have a future -- well, at least if you want them to be worth something. VTC is barely holding on, and it was the first Scrypt-N. UTC, YAC, YBC, etc. have all basically gone nowhere despite being early Scrypt-Jane. Get some BTC and hold it, or DRK, LTC, and perhaps a few others and they will likely pay off long-term. But PIGGY? What's it have that's a first? Nada. It has a decent wallet, but if you want to know what drives price and adoption of a cryptocurrency it's really quite simple: volume.

People complain about miners, pump and dumpers, coin developers, bloggers, etc. but without them, none of the new coins will really do anything noteworthy -- well, unless they're actually NEW coins and not just copies of other people's work. PIGGY is a copy of Scrypt, PoS, and X11 all rolled into a new wallet. Great. That's better than 95% of new coins. But given that 99% of new coins are destined to fail, the reasons to hold PIGGY are pretty questionable. Get the trading volume to spike up to 50 BTC in a day and people might take notice, and if you're lucky (and actually have the people to support and market the coin) you might even sustain that. But without hype and someone trying to pump PIGGY, it's going nowhere. 28 satoshis today, 14 next month, 7 the following... maybe that won't happen, but in five years -- heck, in TWO years! -- I will be truly shocked if anyone cares at all about PIGGY.

Worst thing going for PIGGY: the devs already bailed on PIG when it didn't do as well as they'd like. They're looking for the "Next Big Thing", and when PIGGY doesn't meet their hopes they'll try again, mark my words. If I didn't know any better, I'd think perhaps some of the devs for PIG/PIGGY came from CAI/CAIx -- or they're envious of CAI/CAIx, which is perhaps worse.

You really are just making assumptions based on YOUR past experiences that clearly werent good..  The dev is doing the best he can with what he has and has not bailed on anyone.  The continued effort and new features being added is better then most.  There is an explorer in the wallet aswell as IRC chat built in this is very interesting aswell as there is new features to come.  You have yet to see everything in store for piggy.

There is also piggy trusts coming soon! there will soon be piggy held long term and simply selling this idea to parents for there kids will increase overall value of piggy. I will be starting a trust myself and being able to build a website and information around donating to your childs piggy trust will certainly spark alot of interest and help educate both the masses and children which is the goal!  

Look at the big picture of the demographic.  this is a focus on ease of use and targets mostly but not limited to children.  Once there are easier ways to mine, easier ways to learn and easier ways to get piggy then people will see the potential.  There will be a time when BTC conventions will want piggy there to help educate and to provide a place for the youngsters to go.  Soon piggy will be a strong force in the crypto-world and I think if it continues the proper path and focus points. Theres no reason this cant be huge.

Why does a coin like crypt or cloak or silk deserve any sort of attention at all? due to anon or pretty wallet? features that will die as quick as they are born and spread to coins that actually matter.  Maybe pig doesnt have anything specifically overly innovative, but its a proper compilation. Its a great execution.  It has great target demographic and again with ease of use updates, rallys and piggy trusts there will be tons of opportunity for new users.  This is by far a better option than say blackcoin or any of the other PoS parade going on nowadays.  Also I have seen coins that actually deserve attention get trashed like yesterdays news (nutcoin, curecoin, gridcoin) so theres never really a true notion of what will or might happen (even with said nutcoin/curecoin/gridcoin who knows).

Really I dont think that the guy was complaining as much about what you missed more-so then the way you mentioned them.  Why write a paper about a coin and point out its perks as flaws? The way you speak of piggy is like its bad when really you think its ok at least.  Your words reflect some sort of distain like its already dead without any form of support for the possibilities nor with a look towards the future.  You dont see anything special out of what it is now and choose not to look ahead.  Just came off very negative and seemingly biased towards your experiences rather then facts.

Long term = Pig
Short term = everything else

--------------------------

To change the subject.. I have another wallet idea!!!

Why not make a sort of "man" wallet for pig? Have it be basically the same thing but opposite for boys? a black pig with gold or something? I dunno just a thought but i figured it might be cool to actually have 2 seperate graphical interfaces. both pretty much the exact same as far as icons but the second wallet would have no pink and be more of the cutting edge adult piggy wallet?  This could go with the idea of releasing trusts in multiple colors/years (only 20 different wallet colors to update! haha).  

Let me know what you think @piggycoin Smiley
flubber

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:19:18 AM

Most important, keep your Piggys don't sell them LOW, they are so undervalued and we have to all get it moving, I try to help as much I can with wallets and so on, but all who believe in piggy -start to make a diffrence, any task is not to small. Believe me this dev won't quit and is putting alot of time into it.

komodovpn

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:24:22 AM

hi dev, what are your current and future plans for piggycoin? What is next?

[ Minerals ] - The most fair distribution crypto
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:02:18 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 12:15:36 PM by piggycoin

hi dev, what are your current and future plans for piggycoin? What is next?

I'd like to see school project moving,  I'm now waiting on some more answers but it shouldn't take long. I would also love to simplify even more wallet/multipool do it can be even easier for kids to try piggy coin.

A great idea that was already proposed by two people is to order in bulk cheap toysand sell them for PIGGY.  Kids go crazy over type of thing and it's also a great way to spread the word (one kid buys one toy and next thing got know all his friends are into piggy)

Our comunity is also getting bigger, that's something I really like to see and that gibes me the strength to keep the project and the coin going

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:07:26 PM

v1.1.6 is out with a gif Piggybank inside the wallet! http://www.piggy-coin.com/getting-started/

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

Long term = Pig
Short term = everything else

The moment I hear long term in a thread, I know the coin has died. This coin needs to innovate, technically, or die. Sorry.

No coin has ever actually gone above and beyond, at least none that have lasted except btc and ltc (which has gone down by a lot).  I agree we need some news and boosts along the way, but the coin cannot just be about news and exciting integrations (like anonymity which will die soon as something new comes out).  The point of piggy is not hype; it's getting the world to adapt.  Think of each coin as a business.  A new business with a radical idea may take a couple of years to build its foundation, but after that it thrives.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: