Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:13:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 [687] 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266176 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:15:04 AM

Where are people mining this coin?? Sifting through the first five or six pages turns up the following pools:

http://omargpools.ca/cloak
https://cloak.suprnova.cc
http://cloak.v2.dedicatedpool.com
https://cloak.maxminers.net

All return 404 or contain the following notice:

•We are investigating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being

Can this coin still be solo mined with a 20-30 mh/s rig?

The PoW phase already ended, it lasted only 7days. The coin is in PoS phase with an annual rate of 6% now.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Hel

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:17:26 AM

Price going down because of the delay? Huh

everyone is trying to ride the XCloudCoin hype.

This is proof that Altcoins is turning into one giant circle jerk. The same BTC keeps jumping from coin to coin. SDC had all the volume and hype a few days ago and now its dropping in price and volume.

From where I'm sitting I'm seeing all of it die out. all it's going to take is a little "outside" influence and we'll see some real movement. The same people losing money left and right, and the "do as the wales do" people falling in line. I'm really not worried about cloak at all, or any of the other coins im in with a solid team backing them. People need to remember it's summer... "sell in may and go away" next year, if you can't stand the heat.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:23:16 AM

this is one big whale cashing out - trust me.  dont sell, cause when he buys back in after u sold.  ur all gon be sorry.

The problem is whales don't buy back. Not when there is another coin to go through a P&D cycle. They'll buy back only when

Altcoins is turning into one giant circle jerk.

that finally stops. But I don't have faith in the crypto community for it to ever stop. It'll only stop when everyone runs out of money, unfortunately.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:29:32 AM

Guys,

I'm writing this very slowly.....

With many.......pauses

Please read it slowly too.....

It is time for EVERYONE to sit back, stop, consider and dwell on what it is we're all involved with here.

Yes, it is upsetting to buy-in thinking you're going to see your coins rise in value only to have them halved, quartered or worse. I'm in that camp now too.

But....and this is where it requires calmness, poise and (dare I say this on such a frenetic, chaotic, almost-desperate forum like this where prices are plummeting) GRACE!

If the developers of Cloak are doing things properly, are building something that works, is robust and they have a long term vision for their creation, then there is nothing to worry about. It will be successful and there will be growth long term.

All this angst and gnashing of teeth right now is the equivalent of worrying about Microsoft as a penny stock back in the early 1980s prior to the first beta of Windows being released! I.e., it's so early into the development of anonymous crypto-currencies, it's almost comical that so many people are so on edge and so desperate.

I am heavily invested in DRK and CLK. I can see benefits and enormous potential for both and different technical architectures for tackling the anonymity issue; BOTH of which have merit. There is good work and genuine effort being put forward in both camps. I also see unbelievable pressure on these devs to deliver and a frothing-at-the-mouth anger developing with some on here that PoSA v2/OneMarket/WhateverCloak "should be out now damn it!!!" and in the DRK camp "for God's sake what is holding up RC4!!!?" What these guys are building is nothing short of revolutionary. From the little bit of experience I have with wallets and moving coins around, the potential for these networks to fowl up, get out of sync and have some calamitous failure is, I think, reasonably high. And wouldn't the howling ratchet up if something like that were to happen?

We have to give these guys space and room to build this stuff properly, test it properly, work through the many inevitable issues properly and have the space to then handle things that will come up once the stuff is out there in the wild. So many act on here like they've bought a software package from a mainstream vendor and they're really pissed because it has issues. This crypto stuff is beta, beta, beta +++. There's a million things that will have to mould and adjust to make all of this function. and it's going to be years before the stuff is really flying high. Look how long it's taken Bitcoin to be at the level it's at, and even now, stop 100 people in a down-town street of any main city in the western world and probably only a third of them will have heard of Bitcoin and a tiny fraction of that will have had any experience with it. It's EARLY EARLY DAYS!!

The prices will rise if things are done well, Cloak has utility and usefulness out beyond the tiny narrow boarders of all us crypto fans. We need to stop being so manic and infatuated with every little rise and dip. Forget the whales, the manipulators. Think....truly THINK what this is all about -  successful adoption of Cloakcoin by people that want to send funds anonymously. The market for this is beyond imagining. That  is what we've invested in.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
poppys

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:37:20 AM

Guys,

With many.......pauses

It is time for EVERYONE to sit back, stop, consider and dwell on what it is we're all involved with here.

Yes, it is upsetting to buy-in thinking you're going to see your coins rise in value only to have them halved, quartered or worse. I'm in that camp now too.

But....and this is where it requires calmness, poise and (dare I say this on such a frenetic, chaotic, almost-desperate forum like this where prices are plummeting) GRACE!

If the developers of Cloak are doing things properly, are building something that works, is robust and they have a long term vision for their creation, then there is nothing to worry about. It will be successful and there will be growth long term.

All this angst and gnashing of teeth right now is the equivalent of worrying about Microsoft as a penny stock back in the early 1980s prior to the first beta of Windows being released! I.e., it's so early into the development of anonymous crypto-currencies, it's almost comical that so many people are so on edge and so desperate.

I am heavily invested in DRK and CLK. I can see benefits and enormous potential for both and different technical architectures for tackling the anonymity issue; BOTH of which have merit. There is good work and genuine effort being put forward in both camps. I also see unbelievable pressure on these devs to deliver and a frothing-at-the-mouth anger developing with some on here that PoSA v2/OneMarket/WhateverCloak "should be out now damn it!!!" and in the DRK camp "for God's sake what is holding up RC4!!!?" What these guys are building is nothing short of revolutionary. From the little bit of experience I have with wallets and moving coins around, the potential for these networks to fowl up, get out of sync and have some calamitous failure is, I think, reasonably high. And wouldn't the howling ratchet up if something like that were to happen?

We have to give these guys space and room to build this stuff properly, test it properly, work through the many inevitable issues properly and have the space to then handle things that will come up once the stuff is out there in the wild. So many act on here like they've bought a software package from a mainstream vendor and they're really pissed because it has issues. This crypto stuff is beta, beta, beta +++. There's a million things that will have to mould and adjust to make all of this function. and it's going to be years before the stuff is really flying high. Look how long it's taken Bitcoin to be at the level it's at, and even now, stop 100 people in a down-town street of any main city in the western world and probably only a third of them will have heard of Bitcoin and a tiny fraction of that will have had any experience with it. It's EARLY EARLY DAYS!!

The prices will rise if things are done well, Cloak has utility and usefulness out beyond the tiny narrow boarders of all us crypto fans. We need to stop being so manic and infatuated with every little rise and dip. Forget the whales, the manipulators. Think....truly THINK what this is all about -  successful adoption of Cloakcoin by people that want to send funds anonymously. The market for this is beyond imagining. That  is what we've invested in.

Well said, good read for everyone tonight.
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:38:48 AM

I don't know.  Huh

DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:42:30 AM

Guys,

With many.......pauses

Well said, good read for everyone tonight.

Agreed. Very well done. +1 RenegadeMan

djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:47:22 AM

if you sell this coin before it realises it's potential, you'll be very angry with yourself in a year's time.

could have paid off the mortgage, car loan, college tuition etc.

if you think that the world's first decentralised anon coin is a small thing, guess again. with 1/5th the coins of bitcoin, yeah, it's going to be worth a lot.

or don't, sell and make someone else rich.

if you think for a moment that this isn't orchestrated downward movement in these days after the launch of the world's first and only true decentralised anon coin, then you're kidding yourself.

fact is there is a MAD push to obtain as many cloaks as possible, the real investors know that this holy grail has finally been reached, and they're trying to get as many as possible by pushing the price down.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:50:30 AM

It really is hilarious though, days after a functional decentralised anon system is released to the public, that there's this concerted level of fear, uncertainty, and doubt flooding the forums.

that should really be a sign.

how is this thread anything other than: "HOLY SHIT, IT'S FUCKING REAL, THEY DID IT"?

this has been the holy grail of crypto since the dawn of bitcoin. if you think otherwise you're either slow, or have a clear agenda.

again, it's amazingly well-done job of spreading doubt, uncertainty, and fear. bravo.

Hel

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:57:32 AM

It really is hilarious though, days after a functional decentralised anon system is released to the public, that there's this concerted level of fear, uncertainty, and doubt flooding the forums.

that should really be a sign.

how is this thread anything other than: "HOLY SHIT, IT'S FUCKING REAL, THEY DID IT"?

this has been the holy grail of crypto since the dawn of bitcoin. if you think otherwise you're either slow, or have a clear agenda.

again, it's amazingly well-done job of spreading doubt, uncertainty, and fear. bravo.

preach it
pavan@hosur

Activity: 499

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:57:45 AM

if you sell this coin before it realises it's potential, you'll be very angry with yourself in a year's time.

could have paid off the mortgage, car loan, college tuition etc.

if you think that the world's first decentralised anon coin is a small thing, guess again. with 1/5th the coins of bitcoin, yeah, it's going to be worth a lot.

or don't, sell and make someone else rich.

if you think for a moment that this isn't orchestrated downward movement in these days after the launch of the world's first and only true decentralised anon coin, then you're kidding yourself.

fact is there is a MAD push to obtain as many cloaks as possible, the real investors know that this holy grail has finally been reached, and they're trying to get as many as possible by pushing the price down.

+10000

I want f**k BOB

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:22:56 AM

Yup, think about it logically.  Coins don't drop 30% in a day unless they're a either a pump and dump, exposed scam, delays/bad news, or whales at play.  Cloak has been around 2 months and delivered on features/promises with many unique advancements to crypto.  That should rule scam and pnd out the way.  The recent drop immediately followed PoSA v1 release so it wasn't bad news or delays.  My guess is whales at play to make such a promising coin drop this much seemingly out of nowhere to encourage panic sells when it is on the verge of making crypto history by being the first decentralized true anonymous coin.  Next few weeks should be interesting.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:33:22 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 02:48:20 AM by poornamelessme

I see people mention this a lot. Overlooking Drk, which some folks would claim would count as working anon, what about all the cryptonote coins? Monero and BBR are decentralized anon coins, they work ... albeit without a GUI wallet (at least for Monero, think BBR may have one), but they are anonymous. And they were about before Cloak was even announced.

This isn't a fud post, nor wish to argue with anyone. I am just curious why that claim is made when decentralized anonymous coins were working before Cloak even came on the market?
eatenbyagrue

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:50:32 AM

So we should be seeing much buying then, right?
zing96

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:00:32 AM

Let's hope this is a start (not my buy).

2014-08-11 02:51:04   BUY   0.00124500   2008.03212851   2.50000000
pics4crypto

Activity: 491

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:06:09 AM

Time to re-quote again...

PoSA v1 : Proof of Stake Anonymity

Welcome to the ground floor of a breakthrough anonymous system. In this version we sever the link when sending from person A to person B and therefore there is no solid proof that B received from A. You'll notice in the wallet that there is an extra icon near the minting icon that lights up green when other PoSA nodes are detected. Sometimes a few minutes is needed to find other PoSA broadcasting wallets.

It took no less than 33 builds to get it to this stage, but we're not leaving it there.

Part of the cloak team is already working on a PoSA v2, in which we introduce our "Block Escrow System".

Block Escrow (interestingly an integral part of OneMarket) was drafted in to PoSA to protect senders and receivers from so called "bad actors". What that means is, there is a known risk of a phase 1 node or phase 2 node being a bit naughty and attempting to interrupt the flow of a tx, for self gains or not. It is unlikely that happens but; in our quest for true trustless anon, as laid out on the day we first introduced PoSA we are not ignoring any chances of a "bad actor" disrupting PoSA flow and that concern is now being ruled out entirely.

What we have shown with PoSA v1 is real anonymity and when block escrow is built in, it'll make PoSA the strongest anon system to date (as far as we can tell).

Not only will block escrow make PoSA 100% trustless, we'll be able to provide users with more control over anon sends, to raise or lower the amount of nodes and splits etc but also to remove certain fees that will make a PoSA tx blend into the blockchain even further.

The hard work is completed for PoSA with increased PoSA node stability, various node broadcast checkpoints in place and loads of other tweaks over previous versions in order to get PoSA flow working correctly.

So to recap: In PoSA v1 you now have a working anon right here to play with and test, Cloak team will deliver PoSA v2 in the very near future along with continuous developments of OneMarket and other projects.

Extra command for .conf (optional):

posa=0 Turn posa off, default is on.

Anyone having trouble loading up an old wallet.dat on 1.9.7.33 is advised to make a new one and send some coins over to it.

To send PoSA there is a an Anonymize PoSA check box, after sending once it will stay checked. For normal tx it's recommended to deselect this as using PoSA incurs greater fees for the sender.

Windows 1.9.7.33

https://mega.co.nz/#!FdFBwCDT!l98LjYaVzEABWohecbaL906GUf-HyVWYzgW_Vi7x408

Linux 1.9.7.33

https://mega.co.nz/#!xNVm0bxA!uQ69298Cz48cd81SIiqSuaEvwEH28W09hjYv8hoty3o

OSX / Mac 1.9.7.33

https://mega.co.nz/#!VY1EwaJL!Bnu8oKm5z4Hb4KCQAde_YeWFjDxJ44L-RbodaVmrHeI

The time is approaching when we have to introduce a new tx fee structure for Cloak. As the price of 1 cloak rises the fees are getting more expensive. We'll time the lowering of fees (in which a fork will be needed), with the launch of PoSA v2.

PoSA has been a closed source build, to protect it from cloning but when PoSA v2 launches expect a full audit from cryptographer/s or code analyst/s with the aim of adding an extra level of "trust and authenticity" in our work.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
pics4crypto

Activity: 491

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:06:45 AM

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
UserAlter

Activity: 365

?

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:38:30 AM

PoSA v1 : Proof of Stake Anonymity (The ground floor of a breakthrough anonymous system) - LAUNCHED.

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:51:20 AM

there is much buying going on

260 BTC worth in the last day

they're just being bought at the price that the buyers want it at.

no matter if it's a red or green candle, everytime cloak is being bought, and the volume says that this is in demand

Cloak is #4 highest coin in volume today. you think that's by accident?

it's also at incredibly cheap prices for those who want in, do you think that's an accident either?

bigozh

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:56:27 AM

hmm well i suppose i should buy back in now.  new wallet looks freaking amazing.
Pages: « 1 ... 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 [687] 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: