Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:31:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NUD ₦ ] New Universal Dollar | Bcrypt | 0% Pre-mine | First Anonymous Crypto  (Read 127494 times)
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:27:47 PM

I'm pretty glad to see those clones, makes us proud that our work is deemed copy worthy  Smiley

As a community, especially the enthusiasts who want to fork the coin, why not help us with moving the coin forward instead?

We have lots of new features planned, a smaller blockchain is a huge one for example, meanwhile you could work on the miners and help us get this coin to where it belongs - on top.

We will not offer bounties because the little money we do have is going to further development. Each donation is greatly appreciated and would help us a lot - Thanks for everyone that already donated.

Not a skilled programmer? you could still help out by committing to a bounty - I've made a thread for the external miner and will keep track of everything.
Please commit here or PM me and I"ll keep track on our forum
s @ http://nud.fi/forums/index.php?topic=18.0

Please be patient and bare with us - "It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness".

That's great, and I want to help with a bounty toward an external miner (.1 BTC), but keeping the bounty list on an external site will limit exposure.  Why not put it in the OP?s

And can we keep the racist name-callling to a minimum?  That's just garbage.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kalisto

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:33:13 PM

And what about a GPU miner? Is not possible?

Possible but no plans for the near future.
Maybe it"ll be implemented a few years down the road, even then it wouldn't be a whole lot more efficient than CPU.

I guess when we have stratum running and a cpuminer available it takes a few weeks before we see some gpu implementations. I cannot say much about efficiency.. The only thing i know about bcrypt that it isnt GPU friendly because of the amount of memory the algo uses but there are some smart coders on this board.
NUD (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:33:32 PM

I agree. If the "dev" implemented scrypt as the sole algorithm that allows mining in the beginning, then it's weird to call those who also figure it out and try to also get some coins "scammers". I fully understand if the "dev" is upset considering that it may have costed him quite some coins to have someone post the scrypt thing publicly. But calling it "scamming"? If at all, then releasing a coin and advertising a wrong algorithm could be considered "scamming".

Anyway, there are still people left who did not let themselves scare away by the shady actions early on. I would be glad if the "dev" would also see the community thing more positively. I doubt that any one of the early miners who found the coin through this forum thread had anything bad in mind when they decided that they would not want to leave all the early mining to the "dev" team.

I understand that starting a new chain and meddling with the balances can be frustrating for the users and it is not in my intention to do it ever again as it goes against the whole premise of cryptocurrencies, but given the situation damage control was needed and the logical choice to go with the least damaging path was chosen. Everyone had the freedom to chose between the new chain and the old chain so the proof is that the old chain is non-existent. As far as I know there is but 1 hardfork ahead of us for the new blockchain, other than that no one will be required to update, we will release the update on the network in a proper manner.

It was implied that a lot of scamming took place in the early days of the coin, my point was that the scrypt miners would be "scammers" before I would be a "scammer" since I have no coins in the old chain. Guess I should convey my points more clearly in the future.

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
JulianSheen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 03:46:51 PM

That's great, and I want to help with a bounty toward an external miner (.1 BTC), but keeping the bounty list on an external site will limit exposure.  Why not put it in the OP?s

Done, added you to the committed list.
It's also time to increase the attention to our own forum, I"ll add the link to the OP.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:19:08 PM

As stated before, if there is enough interest in the community, I would be available to contribute towards a coin which works in favour of the community still left. I would do so no matter if the "dev" decides to abandon his release or not. Using the already existing blockchain(s). After all, we have almost everything needed: a network with nodes, helpful people on the forum, a source code repository, and ideas to move forward. After all, this is a cryptocurrency, and not a centralized service like PayPal. So even if the "dev" decides to act like a prima donna just because not everybody likes to lick his boots, and provides the community with yet another "fuck yourself", cryptography protects our investments.

To be clear: Some people like to play down my comments, stating that I would not like the "dev". I do not even know the "dev". I like some things he did. I don't like other things he did. I'm just doing my best to be objective in presence of controversial decisions I see.

To be more clear: I think creating a clonecoin is a stupid idea. Those who read the earlier posts know that I even found the "dev" creating a clone blockchain to be a stupid idea. But we don't need a third blockchain on the same codebase. So I would hope that those thinking about creating a clonecoin would rather join forces with a possible community effort we may create. By working together, we have a much higher chance of being competitive.

Awesome, we have all those things, the NUD "devs" are here, you have stated a clonecoin is stupid, so you collaborate and contribute to development, or continue harping on what is a moot point because you have a vague notion something is amiss but can't explain how or why exactly.
JulianSheen

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 04:44:35 PM

Now all we need - as someone so delicately put it - is a new "sophisticated logo".
Dev, it is time to divert a little bit of your technical efforts into marketing efforts Smiley

We decided to change the logo, it"ll take some time because we want it to be perfect, in the meanwhile we removed the old one and instead put an image header from the new site I've been working on.

Further cleaned the OP as well, I'm sure you all will like it better now.
utopie

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:48:49 AM

good job, keep going and try to be more positive.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:52:19 AM

Now all we need - as someone so delicately put it - is a new "sophisticated logo".
Dev, it is time to divert a little bit of your technical efforts into marketing efforts Smiley

We decided to change the logo, it"ll take some time because we want it to be perfect, in the meanwhile we removed the old one and instead put an image header from the new site I've been working on.

Further cleaned the OP as well, I'm sure you all will like it better now.

New ANN page looking nice.  Very clean.  Yes, a logo change is certainly a good idea.  The edison thing was fine for a while, but at a certain point it seems a bit silly and people get distracted.  They would rather know why edison is in the logo than ask about the coin.  Keep up the good work!
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:09:44 AM

On a different note, where in the hell are all these massive NUD dumps coming from?  It's nice to be able to grow my stash relatively cheaply but damn.  I'd say botnet but lack of an external miner suggests otherwise.  Although anyone clever enough to operate a botnet may have an external miner they aren't sharing.  Someone must have access to some servers free or very cheap and they are making a killing dumping even at these prices.  One of the downsides to CPU only coins is issues such as this.  But then you have massive ASIC and GPU farms and rumors of x11, x13, x whatever FPGAs, no matter what system you choose someone will find a way to abuse it and monopolize as much control over a coin as possible.

Yet another reason to put an emphasize on the need for an external miner and pools.  It will help mitigate these issues my putting more control back into the hands of a larger base of community members.

I pledged something toward that bounty.....can't remember what.  I think 500 NUD but I will try scraping up some extra BTC as well.  Will return and post on the official NUD forum to lock myself into something.
suppersz

Activity: 336

There is a day to be born, and another to die

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:12:06 AM

tor ar tri,this 3 new coins have all finished the anon feature,which nud want to finish but still not release.

I also think that DEV's progress is too slow and DEV too inactive Undecided

tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:13:14 AM

tor ar tri,this 3 new coins have all finished the anon feature,which nud want to finish but still not release.

Dev has already said that the anon feature has been released and is fully functional and surpasses any coins abilities in regards to anonymity, he has also said that he could further improve it. How is it "not finished"?
green2016

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:18:37 AM

Great coin and DEV come here. Grin
suppersz

Activity: 336

There is a day to be born, and another to die

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:18:50 AM

Dev has already said that the anon feature has been released and is fully functional and surpasses any coins abilities in regards to anonymity, he has also said that he could further improve it. How is it "not finished"?

From OP:
(You need to install Tor yourself and turn your wallet into a hidden service)
But tor ar tri don't need to install Tor myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reflector

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:00:14 AM

Wow.  24 hr volume is at 22 BTC on Bittrex.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:06:03 AM

how many coins in circulation
reflector

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:13:29 AM

how many coins in circulation

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:14:48 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 12:20:49 PM by YarkoL

The pieces are there, but that's just what they
are - pieces.

The unfinished business is mainly connected
with security issues, i.e. scenarios where either the
sender or delegate fails to transfer coins and the anon
transaction needs to be undone.

I've had success reclaiming amounts for both sender
and delegate, but it's a pain and there is
currently no way to do it without adding statements to the code,
that print out the necessary data. Not very user-friendly.

What's worse, it appears that delegates are vulnerable to attacks by rogue senders.
Senders can put out anon requests, but if they drop out after delegate
has bound his NUD to a transaction, they can reclaim their coins,
but delegate can't. In other words, delegates accounts could be drained
by senders.

I'm currently investigating if that can be remedied. The bound transactions
by delegate and sender are very similar, so the sender's method of retrieval
should in principle work for delegate too.

edit: it works, see my next post below

So you guys putting out clones of NUD should be aware
that your clonecoin will make a nice attack testbed.  Wink

“God does not play dice"
coin-swap

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:21:06 PM

Get listed at Coin-Swap.net

How to get listed
You can get listed immediate if you meet the requirements at https://coin-swap.net/newcoin
or
You can vote once per hour in our IRC channel #coin-swap
Registration
Register

Support
Contact

Deposits
Confirmations are currently set to 10. You can watch the status of your deposit from your Deposit page.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:48:38 PM

From OP:
(You need to install Tor yourself and turn your wallet into a hidden service)
But tor ar tri don't need to install Tor myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ, who cares?  No one gives a damn what you are doing with your coins.  You are sending them to bittrex.  Ohhhh......how did I know that?  The NSA and I are hot on your trail pal!

Anonymity is there for those who actually need it, which are few and far between.  All those coins are doing nothing but routing network traffic through TOR.  Every clone coin from here on out will do it because it's retard easy to do and wows people who don't know any better.  Nothing has been stopping you or anyone else from setting up their BTC wallet to connect to TOR via SOCKS proxy.  OMG!!  BTC on TOR!!!  Yes, you've had that option forever now.
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 05:04:40 PM

Due to the overwhelming evidence of c-cex not paying out members, stealing BTC and other cryptocurrencies we will not support the exchange nor feature it in the official topic as we do not endorse services which could potentially be extremely damaging to our coin, especially this early on.

Please be careful and trade with caution.

Oooh damn.  C-cex lost support of the biggest coin of 2014 due to dishonesty.  See what happens when you are dishonest? (I'm looking at you, username Swag)
BTW, please nobody be naive like me and deal with Swag.  He ripped me off for .5 BTC.

and the man x8008,his email is x8008@gmail.com...what a fucking liar.

we need a normal and big exchange now.

I've got some personal information on him.  I wanted to give him a chance to make things right before releasing/acting on it.
Everybody not involved: sorry for the intrusion

I come upon this thread and I am glad that I get more info about C-cex today.

I have been using C-cex for trading for a few months without problem until the site delisted UFO Coins alongside with several other Coins. (The UFO Coin was just listed on the C-cex exchange about a month ago.) I went to the Delist Coins section and made a request to withdraw my UFO Coins ASAP. So far, No action for about 10 days. I just sent out a ticket 24 hours ago; no action.

The posted information at the Delist Coin section of the C-cex states that

"After delisting You can request withdraw here but we don't guarantee fast withdrawal and don't guarantee withdrawal of delisted coins at all (depends on time when it was delisted). Usually we have 1 delisted coins withdrawal session per month."

The UFO Coin blockchain has been running well and there is no reason that C-cex cannot do the requested transfer of "my coins" from their UFO Coin wallet to my UFO Coin wallet address. Maybe they think they are waiting for the Coins to die out and if they wait long enough, they might not need to do any thing at all. But in my opinion, it would not happen at all.

I start to think that Cryptocoins should be strictly anomynous, but the exchanges should be highly regulated or at least certified voluntarily; otherwise, this highly advanced revolution of currencies won't go anywhere.

The C-cex should not think that they are only taking away someone's lunch money or stealing somebody's pizza from their lunch box (when the pizza was bought with Bitcoin several years ago Huh)

I will join force with NUD Coin; I will also do my best to fight shitty things that might occur at any unscrupulous exchange sites.

Thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: