Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:27:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NUD ₦ ] New Universal Dollar | Bcrypt | 0% Pre-mine | First Anonymous Crypto  (Read 127496 times)
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:19:17 PM

The thing with NUD is the team is too honest, almost to a fault.  Do people think talented C++ devs work for free?  Do you guys think Mr. NUD (I'll refer to him as Mr. NUD to differentiate between the guy and the coin) is the only developer?  There are obviously many players at work behind the scene and a lot of them don't give a fuck about the coin.  They want to get paid.  Why are crypto developers expected to work for free while whales get rich off their efforts?

If there is a premine or IPO, everyone bitches.  If there is no premine and mining is fair, no one contributes shit.  I just wanna see honesty.  I wouldn't even give a shit if a coin launched with a 2% premine and the dev came straight out and said "I'm pocketing these coins because I'm not working for free" if he actually delivered.

"Oh, but BC, VRC, XC all had no premine.  They were so fair and the devs tirelessly work on the coin for free because they believe in crypto"  Bullshit and we all know it.  They launched their coins with zero features and flooded the market with the entire supply of coins practically overnight.  If you think these devs weren't buying up truckloads of their own coins dirt cheap before launching their killer features, you are living in a fantasy world.  Dan Metcalf from XC arbitrarily decided to cut off PoW mining because he didn't want his share diluted further.

+1 Excellent said.
bingoberra

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:45:46 PM

The thing with NUD is the team is too honest, almost to a fault.  Do people think talented C++ devs work for free?  Do you guys think Mr. NUD (I'll refer to him as Mr. NUD to differentiate between the guy and the coin) is the only developer?  There are obviously many players at work behind the scene and a lot of them don't give a fuck about the coin.  They want to get paid.  Why are crypto developers expected to work for free while whales get rich off their efforts?

If there is a premine or IPO, everyone bitches.  If there is no premine and mining is fair, no one contributes shit.  I just wanna see honesty.  I wouldn't even give a shit if a coin launched with a 2% premine and the dev came straight out and said "I'm pocketing these coins because I'm not working for free" if he actually delivered.

"Oh, but BC, VRC, XC all had no premine.  They were so fair and the devs tirelessly work on the coin for free because they believe in crypto"  Bullshit and we all know it.  They launched their coins with zero features and flooded the market with the entire supply of coins practically overnight.  If you think these devs weren't buying up truckloads of their own coins dirt cheap before launching their killer features, you are living in a fantasy world.  Dan Metcalf from XC arbitrarily decided to cut off PoW mining because he didn't want his share diluted further.

+1 Excellent said.

+2

I'll also part with some. Question is where/how?
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:11:32 PM

+1 Excellent said.

+2

I'll also part with some. Question is where/how?

Send Julian a PM.
bingoberra

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:31:35 PM

Send Julian a PM.

Got it
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:37:47 PM

Maybe we could organize something to get things going into the right direction, probably a skype group where we could help with the marketing stuff and gather people that are willing to sell a portion of their NUD for the devs. Im tired of people talking bad stuffs about NUD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713538.msg8224083#msg8224083 lets prove them wrong. Smiley
JulianSheen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 02:14:34 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 03:27:14 PM by JulianSheen

The greed is really amazing.
I would gladly pay anyone 10,000NUD for a pizza at this point yet I find people demanding far more, despite the thousands of other altcoins out there, people still would rather see the coin fail than be supportive of the network and lose some of their NUD in the process.
It seems that all of this is caused by witnessing the success of BTC and not wanting to be the guy that lost 5 million USD on a pizza deal, regardless of the fact that we need those people for the advancement and survival of our monetary system. In short we have way too many greedy speculators taking the network hostage and too few legitimate users.

I do think that NUD will die and perhaps be restarted with a pre-mine. Ultimately all the greedy speculators will be left with worthless coins instead of enjoying their pizza.
hankrules

Activity: 673
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:20:10 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 05:33:05 PM by hankrules

I would gladly pay anyone 10,000NUD for a pizza at this point yet I find people demanding far more, despite the thousands of other altcoins out there, people still would rather see the coin fail than be supportive of the network and lose some of their NUD in the process.
It seems that all of this is caused by witnessing the success of BTC and not wanting to be the guy that lost 5 million USD on a pizza deal, regardless of the fact that we need those people for the advancement and survival of our monetary system. In short we have way too many greedy speculators taking the network hostage and too few legitimate users.

I do think that NUD will die and perhaps be restarted with a pre-mine. Ultimately all the greedy speculators will be left with worthless coins instead of enjoying their pizza.

There could not be a more disappointing stance the dev team could take than this one.

You launch the coin with no premine, with the pretense of it being supported by donations.  You then say that development will stop unless whales dump their coins to the devs below the cost of mining.  You then go on to say that speculators are holding the network hostage.  Are speculators not doing what speculators are supposed to do?  Are devs doing what devs are supposed to do?  Who is holding progress hostage?

Real developer:  if you are reading this, I suggest you replace Julian with somebody who is capable of dealing with people.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
JulianSheen

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 05:37:30 PM

There could not be a more disappointing stance the dev team could take than this one.

You launch the coin with no premine, with the pretense of it being supported by donations.  You then say that development will stop unless whales dump their coins to the devs below the cost of mining.  You then go on to say that speculators are holding the network hostage.  Are speculators not doing what speculators are supposed to do?  Are devs doing what devs are supposed to do?  Who is holding progress hostage?

Real developer:  if you are reading this, I suggest you replace Julian with somebody who is capable of dealing with people.

Don't get me wrong, donations are welcome but I was under the impression that people would be intelligent enough to understand that donating a portion of their NUD would only make their other NUD appreciate in value drastically. So far we have got what? 10k NUD in donations and less than 1BTC, that wouldn't be enough to hire a programmer for 4 days.

As far as I'm aware the cost of mining for the chinese is 1k satoshi (the price at which they'd break even), so selling at 2200 would more than double their profits, the problem is that it's not enough, they want to get their investment x5, x50 or x500.
sixteendigits

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:03:40 PM

Don't get me wrong, donations are welcome but I was under the impression that people would be intelligent enough to understand that donating a portion of their NUD would only make their other NUD appreciate in value drastically. So far we have got what? 10k NUD in donations and less than 1BTC, that wouldn't be enough to hire a programmer for 4 days.

As far as I'm aware the cost of mining for the chinese is 1k satoshi (the price at which they'd break even), so selling at 2200 would more than double their profits, the problem is that it's not enough, they want to get their investment x5, x50 or x500.

Which doesn't make sense because if they just sold part of their hoard for 1/2 the price so we can get development rolling, the other half could appreciate in value enough that they end up with those sorts of profit anyway!

Ugh, we just need an external miner!  Too many NUD in the hands of too few miners right now.

I would have no problem with NUD restarting with a 2% premine.  But that would be yet another blockchain reset.  It will definitely not inspire confidence in investors to see NUD as the coin you might not have tomorrow because the blockchain keeps getting reset.  There has got to be a solution to this that we can all live with, keeping hope alive.
JulianSheen

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 06:09:06 PM

as far as i know,chinese electric charge is the most expensive in the world. even though their cost of mining is 1k satoshi.
they mining nud at the high risk even  that once devteam has disappeared for a long time,didnot they worth a high return?

all the world abandon mining,they never gave up nud....all the world dump nud as shitcoin,they never gave up,never panic selling.

they are the best inventors worth highly return.

who is greed? why not devteam buy nud at 2200 sato when nud is still a nothing coin some days ago??

I am not claiming that they should sell at 2200 or any other price, it's their right to choose whichever price they think they deserve.
sixteendigits

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:51:06 PM

Block explorer seems to be down.  Getting a 502.
hankrules

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:22:18 PM

If you are serious about rebooting the whole coin, why not, instead, hard fork it, giving yourselves a chunk of blocks or a foundation address?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sixteendigits

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:24:18 PM

as far as i know,chinese electric charge is the most expensive in the world. even though their cost of mining is 1k satoshi.
they mining nud at the high risk even  that once devteam has disappeared for a long time,didnot they worth a high return?

all the world abandon mining,they never gave up nud....all the world dump nud as shitcoin,they never gave up,never panic selling.

who is greed? why not devteam buy nud at 2200 sato when nud is still a nothing coin some days ago??

edit: i am not a miner.i have once bought 500 nud from sixteendigit at the price of 20k sato.and bought more from nethyb at above 10k - 15k sato too.

need i sell my nud to devteam at 2200 sato??

Ah yes, I forgot all about that.  I remember you were looking all over for NUD and no one was selling.  I sold you your first 500 NUD but had you send the 0.1 BTC to the dev fund.  Besides to Julian, I have been doing nothing but buying since then.

Most of my NUD has been purchased or cloud mined at prices far higher than it is now.  Anything I sold to Julian at 2200 satoshis, I viewed as an investment in the dev team.  Yes, your friends are good investors, and faithful to the coin, and no one wants to sell because those that are holding their NUD believe in it's potential.  That's the thing, no one is casually holding small amounts of NUD.  The only people with a stack of coins know what it is capable of, and it can be worth so much more.

But unfortunately, until now, the team didn't come up with the funds to purchase their own coin.  It is a long road ahead for NUD, and finishing what has been started will take a lot of time and money and dedication by the dev team.  Being able to get a large amount of NUD now ensures it can be properly funded for a long time.  As more features are developed and implemented, the price will grow and the NUD team will be able to put even more time and energy into the coin, and have incentive to do so.  Tell your friends selling some of their NUD now is an investment in it's development, and ensures it's survival and growth over the long term.  If they are believers enough to hold their NUD this tightly, they are believers enough to want to ensure it's growth and development.

If someone has 100k NUD and no funding comes up for development, it is just going to fade away and be worthless.  If they sell 50k to Julian and keep 50k, NUD could easily exponentially rise in price.  Their NUD could rise to 1$, 5$, 10$ a coin, who knows?  And they could wish they had kept all their NUD then, but think of how much time and how many man hours that would end up buying for NUD?  Is the NUD team trying to get rich by buying up a large amount of cheap coins now?  Of course!  We are all here trying to get rich.  But when the NUD team is rich, they can devote all their time to NUD.  They won't have to work other jobs to get by, their job will be to work on NUD full time.

You know what I'm trying to say.  My thoughts are muddled, ran out of amphetamines, be back later.

bingoberra

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:44:23 PM

If you are serious about rebooting the whole coin, why not, instead, hard fork it, giving yourselves a chunk of blocks or a foundation address?

Good point, is this doable?
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:55:02 PM

Yes it is.

Or... one could make many addresses that pay for the developer and are hard-coded into the
source so that starting from a certain block height, they become spendable. So the premine
is spread over length of time, thus giving incentive for the devs to work hard and keep the
market value up.

And... in this case the devs could allocate some of the premine to those who have already
sold their NUD to the team, so nyaah nyah to you stingy tightwad whales.

But... in the open source world, if you have genuinely innovative code, you don't necessarily
have to pay for the development. Just be open and build it, they'll come.

On the other hand... if you're looking to making some profit from the code,
make sure you've got a solid business plan before the launch so you don't have to wake up after month
or so to the fact that "hey I'd better have some of these coins too!"

“God does not play dice"
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:00:11 PM

Yes it is.

Or... one could make many addresses that pay for the developer and are hard-coded into the
source so that starting from a certain block height, they become spendable. So the premine
is spread over length of time, thus giving incentive for the devs to work hard and keep the
market value up.

And... in this case the devs could allocate some of the premine to those who have already

But... in the open source world, if you have genuinely innovative code, you don't necessarily

make sure you've got a solid business plan before the launch so you don't have to wake up after month

Yeah this seems more feasible.
NUD (OP)

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:00:35 PM

Yes it is.

market value up.

Our credibility barely survived through the last blockchain restart, we are not to subject everyone to inflation or else our monetary system would fall apart before it ever got a chance to start up.

We want to work in the same kind of professional environment most banks work in, without convicted pedophiles in the foundation, without endorsing scams/scammers for a couple of bucks and without waiting for months for the simplest features to get implemented by a team of volunteers that can be bought more easily than a hooker from down the street. You can probably tell that we aren't businessmen and aren't working to primarily establish a profit or make a couple of bucks, we already do that from our real jobs.

If we follow the same path our monetary system will be indistinguishable from the existing monetary systems by the time we reach their size. It will begin with confiscating NUD from someone most of the community sees as a bad person, by the time we would reach Visa proportions NUD will be confiscated left and right by tyrants without any evidence in the same manner. Since the network will be centralized development wise for at least a while all the poorly paid developers would have to comply to (or at least collaborate with) the state, the multinational corporations and the banks which is clearly contrary to all our interests.

Business plans are non-existent in this context since this is not a business, the failure is mainly due to the assumption that most would be wise enough to look out for their best interests which was clearly an unreasonable assumption on my part.

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
hankrules

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:25:56 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 02:02:03 AM by hankrules

Yes it is.

market value up.

Our credibility barely survived through the last blockchain restart, we are not to subject everyone to inflation or else our monetary system would fall apart before it ever got a chance to start up.

We want to work in the same kind of professional environment most banks work in, without convicted pedophiles in the foundation, without endorsing scams/scammers for a couple of bucks and without waiting for months for the simplest features to get implemented by a team of volunteers that can be bought more easily than a hooker from down the street. You can probably tell that we aren't businessmen and aren't working to primarily establish a profit or make a couple of bucks, we already do that from our real jobs.

If we follow the same path our monetary system will be indistinguishable from the existing monetary systems by the time we reach their size. It will begin with confiscating NUD from someone most of the community sees as a bad person, by the time we would reach Visa proportions NUD will be confiscated left and right by tyrants without any evidence in the same manner. Since the network will be centralized development wise for at least a while all the poorly paid developers would have to comply to (or at least collaborate with) the state, the multinational corporations and the banks which is clearly contrary to all our interests.

Business plans are non-existent in this context since this is not a business, the failure is mainly due to the assumption that most would be wise enough to look out for their best interests which was clearly an unreasonable assumption on my part.
Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here.   Are you giving up on NUD?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bingoberra

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:44:45 PM

What about the hard fork giving yourself a "post-mine" = problem solved?
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 07:58:13 PM

I am not claiming that they should sell at 2200 or any other price, it's their right to choose whichever price they think they deserve.

Julian, post your NUD adress here and i will send you 400 NUD for FREE!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: