Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:07:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
ShoeOnHead

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:56:24 AM

Smart to mine a dead coin to implement some stuff.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hotwired007

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:57:53 PM

Yes, there will be a new thread later. We can't modify the OP as it's not ours.

That being said, concerning the block explorer:
- still have to figure out why minerals-abe/bitcoin-abe does not connect to a remote DB. That's the only problem I have, but it's a crucial part Angry
So far no reaction from the developer about the issue.
- loading the bootstrap.dat on a VM to test with "Insight"

By the way, 4 people have downloaded the bootstrap.dat
Can you give me some feedback on how long it took to load it into your wallet?

took about 3 days on the two machines i ran it on - i don't think disk speed has anything to do with it - one was on a 3TB SATA3 drive, the other was a virtual disk hosted on a 16x 3TB SAN over 4x1GB iSCSI link.

i gave up trying to sync over p2p (took about 4 days to get to 50% Sad - I'm maintaining at least 1x 24/7 minerals client atm but planning on getting a second up ASAP.

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:07:45 PM

Yes, there will be a new thread later. We can't modify the OP as it's not ours.

That being said, concerning the block explorer:
- still have to figure out why minerals-abe/bitcoin-abe does not connect to a remote DB. That's the only problem I have, but it's a crucial part Angry
So far no reaction from the developer about the issue.
- loading the bootstrap.dat on a VM to test with "Insight"

By the way, 4 people have downloaded the bootstrap.dat
Can you give me some feedback on how long it took to load it into your wallet?

took about 3 days on the two machines i ran it on - i don't think disk speed has anything to do with it - one was on a 3TB SATA3 drive, the other was a virtual disk hosted on a 16x 3TB SAN over 4x1GB iSCSI link.

i gave up trying to sync over p2p (took about 4 days to get to 50% Sad - I'm maintaining at least 1x 24/7 minerals client atm but planning on getting a second up ASAP.
Thank you for the feedback hotwired007 Smiley
Yeah, it takes a long time. I used the bootstrap.dat to populate a linux VM and it took also about 36 hours. It might have been faster if I prioritized the process, but I did:
ps -Aj | grep Mineralsd
and
sudo renice 19 -g 7765
to lower the priority. The PGID is the number in the second column of the first command. I wouldn't do a -19, but -5 or so could increase processing speed.

Minerals-abe and a remote database is a little problem. It want to connect to a local mysql db no matter what you configure. This might be something the bitcoin-abe dev will have to look at.

In the meantime, I am experimenting with Insight again and succesfully loaded the 1.434.234 blocks from the bootstrap.dat into its DB. Loading using blockchain files didn't work, but using RPC, it took only 3 hours to populate it, which is way more efficient than abe. When you query old addresses, it can take several minutes before you get a result though. The one in my sig below for example had 166686 transactions by April 25, the data bootstrap.dat was generated.

hotwired007, if you are planning on running a second, you can simply copy the blockchain files. I've done this several times and the wallet accepts it. The bootstrap is still the preferred method in my opinion, as it's the best version of the blockchain you can get.

The blockchain files are:
Code:
-rw------- 1 akira akira 826M Mai 12 23:55 blk0001.dat
drwx------ 2 akira akira 4,0K Mai 14 17:12 database
drwx------ 2 akira akira  84K Mai 13 14:40 txleveldb

Another thing now. May I also urge you all to take a regular backup of your wallet.dat? (Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with the client.)

This file grows over time and can become quite a heavy one if you stake 24/7 like I do. Mine for example was 187MB.

Due to a system reboot without shutting down the wallet correctly, the wallet.dat file got damaged and db.log logged lots of leveldb errors. My wallet.dat became corrupted and apart from the private keys for safe keeping, I only had a copy of the file when it was only 900kb.
Using this very early backup, the wallet will find every single transaction you ever made (POS included) and add it to the file. Mine is still being reconstructed and grew from 900KB to 121MB since yesterday afternoon.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:52:10 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 04:28:19 PM by Hoshimaru

Update little concerning the block explorer:

• Bitcoin Abe: now working with an offloaded SQL database. We have 20GB to store block chain data. I am currently pre-loading the database, but 1.5 million block will take some time. It's gentle on system resources.
  • Bitpay Insight: I got 0 replies on my ticket on Labs & Github. They are probably very busy. Worst case is that they don't give a damn about altcoin users, but they should say so in that case. The problem is the connection to the back-end which gets dropped every 10 minutes, followed by a runaway process and memory leak.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:50:43 AM

The block explorer is back Smiley
It's still the one based on Bitcoin-abe as I'm struggling to get any kind of help/tip/reply from Insight...
Hoshimaru

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:37:00 PM

Hello o/
I've written a small progress report, so you know what's happening while everything is quiet.
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:06:47 AM

Hello o/
I've written a small progress report, so you know what's happening while everything is quiet.

Great !! Thank you for the little update

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Hoshimaru

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:03:47 AM

So now they're sending virusses...
I'd gladly infect a isolated VM for 97 BTC, but alas, it's not a private key ;-)

Hoshimaru

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:53:21 PM

Here come the +560k Minerals again from last time Wink
Shuffle 'm around!

Hoshimaru

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:31:03 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 12:13:14 PM by Hoshimaru

Little update: Lookin' into a new kind of block explorer with some more functionality than Minerals-abe we're currently using. If succesfully implemented, we will have means to check the distribution of our crypto and have a rich list Cool

Insight is still on hold due to the Node memory leak disconnection & crash problem which Bitpay didn't react on yet.

Another movement of the 500k Minerals...

Udpate:

While loading the DB ...

About 100k blocks loaded in a test VM.
I'm using a text based browser Lynx as I can only connect via localhost for now.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:13:42 PM

WARNING

The Mineralscoin blockchain is blocked since yesterday evening.
Please do NOT make any transaction until further notice. We try to figure out what happened.

Last block: 1776992 - http://explorer.morningminerals.com/block/fffe678d275b9f0d92e7ec831ae5205f32156674ec91a328fd0f173b269e5e54
Hoshimaru

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:35:09 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 07:51:37 PM by Hoshimaru

Problem Solved

Dear Mineral users Smiley

The synchronization problem was solved. We're further investigation today's issue in order to confirm what we think might have caused it.
I will keep your informed.

Update: an explanation of what happened in case you were affected today (click the image)
DogeBuffet

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:34:07 PM

Hey Hoshimaru, any update on when the next step for minerals will be coming? Has be quite some time of silence now Sad
Hoshimaru

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:26:58 AM

Hey Hoshimaru, any update on when the next step for minerals will be coming? Has be quite some time of silence now Sad
It's true that's there has been a long moment of silence. Myself, I kinda took slowed down a little because of other RL stuff that's going on and needs solving as well.
Don't be worried. We're working on increasing the available super nodes on the network and offer alternatives to explorer.morningminerals.com

The one worked on a while ago, with this text-based browser screenshot, is operational, but we are looking to add a few features to it to increase its usability and value of information about several aspects of the coin.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:03:21 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 06:36:55 PM by Hoshimaru

Today, we proudly present the new Mineralscoin Wallet v1.1.1.0

After several months of studying paper, doing research and digging through thousands of lines of code to gain a fair understanding about the inner workings of crypto currency, we started working on updating the wallet in order to revive our beloved crypto currency.

You were already acquainted with the new face of Mineralscoin. Today, you can get acquainted with a new wallet, that definitively breaks with its past and is geared towards the future.

In order to prepare the path for Mineralscoin, the following aspects have been modified and certain required features added in order to secure the network from mending by 3rd parties:

General Features
GraphicsUpdating Mineralscoin logo and graphics
Seed NodesIntroducing (DNS) Seed Nodes to the network
Fallback NodesAdding a set of fallback nodes
CheckpointsIntroducing a set of checkpoint to the blockchain
AlertsIntroducing the ability for us to broadcast alerts
Livenet-specific Features
Checkpoint KeysCheckpoint keys to validate checkpoints on the network
Alert KeysReplacing the keys by a new key pair allowing us to broadcast alerts
BootstrapAccelerating the importing of the blockchain for new clients
Testnet-specific Features
Genesis BlockCreation of a new genesis block to launch "Testnet-1"
CheckpointsTesting and creation of checkpoints
Checkpoint KeysTesting checkpoint validation by Checkpoint Nodes
Alert KeysTesting Alert broadcasting on a network
BootstrapTesting creation and loading for a bootstrap file

Downloading Mineralscoin v1.1.1.0

Pre-compiled binaries for Windows, Ubuntu 14.02 and OpenSUSE 13.2 as well as the source code can be downloaded from our Github release page located at https://github.com/AkiraTakizawa/Mineralscoin/releases/tag/v1.1.1.0-R1 or by selecting one of the wallets directly below:

Important Note!
Please note that some technical aspects have changed as well. This is important if you wish to continue using your existing data located in your current "Minerals" directory!

P2P and RPC ports

Portv1.1.0.0v1.1.1.0
Livenet P2P Port3344233555
Livenet RPC Port3344133557
Testnet P2P Port3344433556
Tetnet RPC Port3344333558

Unless you wish to custom port number which you can specify in your configuration files, nothing special should be done.

Working Directories

Mineralscoin v1.1.1.0 uses a new directory to store its wallet and blockchain data.
It is highly recommended that you rename your directory from Minerals to Mineralscoin as shown in the table below.

Attention: If you don't rename, the wallet will crash on first run. Your previous Minerals v1.1.0.0 wallet and blockchain will be unaffected. However, the required Mineralscoin directory and a new wallet.dat will be created. On second launch, it uses this newly created files and will start downloading the whole blockchain again from scratch.

OSv1.1.0.0v1.1.1.0
Windows XP%userprofile%\Application Data\Minerals%userprofile%\Application Data\Mineralscoin
Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10%userprofile%\Appdata\Roaming\Minerals%userprofile%\Appdata\Roaming\Mineralscoin
Linux~/.Minerals ~/.Mineralscoin
OS X~/Library/Application Support/Minerals~/Library/Application Support/Mineralscoin

Please note that the name of this directory is case-sensitive!

Configuration File

Mineralscoin v1.1.1.0 also introduces a new configuration file Mineralscoin.conf. Please rename your old Minerals.conf to Mineralscoin.conf if you wish to keep your existing configuration settings.

v1.1.0.0v1.1.1.0
Minerals.confMineralscoin.conf

Please note that the name of this file is case-sensitive!

*pout* I don't want to change all this stuff!

Although we strongly advise against using the old Minerals directory and files, it is possible to keep using the old files and directories.
You can force the new wallet to use the old directory by adding the datadir= and conf= directives to your configuration file or by launching it from the command line, for example by issuing the command

Code:
Mineralscoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\Users\Stubborn User\AppData\Roaming\Minerals -conf=C:\Users\Stubborn User\AppData\Roaming\Minerals\Minerals.conf

on a Windows 8 machine.

Help! Help!

We are positive that the transition to this new wallet won't be too complicated. Should you still experience problems, please ask for help on Bitcointalk or Twitter. If you have a Github account, you can also submit an issue on our Mineralscoin repository. The Q&A pages on Morning Minerals can also be used if you prefer.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:26:02 PM

Updated bootstrap.dat

We have updated out bootstrap.dat to include more recent blocks: http://www.morningminerals.com/?page_id=764
This will load blocks 0 to 1,788,514.

New! Blockchain snapshot

For those of you who cannot wait for bootstrap.dat to be loaded, we have created a snapshot of the blockchain using the datadir of one of our nodes: http://www.morningminerals.com/?page_id=862
This will speed load blocks 0 to 1,788,584.

Please read the instructions for the method you wish to use and don't forget to update Mineralscoin.conf when required.

Hoshimaru

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:08:31 PM

The new logo, name & wallet has been picked up by CoinGecko -> https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/mineralscoin

There's still work work to be done for a proper official website (and forum?), or a subreddit and a twitter account, but no need to rush things, right.
We're slowly gaining some visibility again. In the meantime, we're hoping that Cryptsy and Coins-e will notice the change as well...
DogeBuffet

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:52:15 AM

The new logo, name & wallet has been picked up by CoinGecko -> https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/mineralscoin

There's still work work to be done for a proper official website (and forum?), or a subreddit and a twitter account, but no need to rush things, right.
We're slowly gaining some visibility again. In the meantime, we're hoping that Cryptsy and Coins-e will notice the change as well...

slow and steady wins the race! Wink
Hoshimaru

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:23:23 PM

Good afternoon!

Today we'd like to introduce a more fancy block explorer hosted by CryptoID Smiley
It's has a lot of interesting features which may appeal to most of you.

Check out the small introduction here or head over directly to the explorer here.

For your convenience, the link was added to Morning Minerals' services menu.
marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:46:43 PM

Minerals crowd funded nodes and block explorer are up!

Nodes:

https://bitnodes.net/status/

Explorer:
http://min.explorer.bitnodes.net/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
Pages: « 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: