Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:37:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
Skydog

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:39:00 PM

Team mostly went off for a weekend. We still debating on anonymity. This takes too much time imo.

Anonymity PRO: Coin will stay alive, price will rise, give the team more time to further improveand implement the betting aspect and make it a real outstanding coin among all alts which has more real life use than any other.
Anonymity CONTRA: Coin will most likely die soon. Team could step down and enjoy the rest of the summer.
I think the future of virtual currency will become an essential property of anonymous. Because everyone is more importance on the privacy. This is my view

The problem is that something truly anon can not be regulated. And governments love to control stuff. There is no such thing as true privacy. Because when you absolutely private - you are absolutely vulnerable. Look around this forum - no matter how much anon devs promise - every now an then epic scam strikes stipping dozens of users of their savings and everyone rush to fill police and FBI reports, willing to forget all anonymity for a chance to get their precious money back. So I do not think vast majority really wants true anonymity, and true privacy, or perhaps they wish something, but they do not truly understand what they wish. They say "be careful of what you wish, because it may come true".

Besides - why would any honest man need anonymity and privacy?

You are trying to apply logic to an irrational market. If you develop a POS based annonimity it will kick minerals out of its socks. You'll get a lot of speculators and new money. Also attention. If you develop good anon feature you can also sell to other coins. All that bullshit.

If you keep concnetrating on betting it will be a slow and long way up and you will need a lot of breath but you will have a fully developed betting system with the next bitcoin surge and altcoin rush.

I mean the first anon coin who really pulls it off will eat all the other anon coins and then only coins survice which offer something else. eSportscoin is dead already, lol too, minerals remains the only one working quitly towards the endgoal. Eventually it will pay off I am absolutely sure about that, thats why I am holding the coin since beginning july.

But you gotta families to feed and bills to pay so I wouldn't blame you for trying to pump your coin. Hell, wouldn't even be mad if you dropped it though it would cost me over grand.

I mean look up #min on twitter. Everytime someone twitter it gets shitload of retweets. People are watching.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:33:48 PM

I agree with you dev, anon is really just a fad right now, albeit a huge one.  That last part I think is important.......coins that have successfully implemented working anon have shot up in value because this is a huge trend right now! 

So in my opinion, if you do it......you do it to raise the value of the coin for your investors, not really because you see it as being useful.  You are correct about regulations and governments too, none of us know in what form the attempt to control all of this is coming from various governments, I think we can agree though that change is inevitable.  In that regard, if you were to try an implement anon, it should be a feature that can be easily removed if it becomes necessary.

I am involved with a couple other coins right now that offer you the choice of sending anonymously and one of them allows encrypted chatting.  I am not really a gambling or gaming (used to but no time for fun anymore) guy, so I am not really a user per say of the various functions, betting and tournaments Minerals offers but I would imagine the encrypted chatting would be really cool for Minerals, where people can send each other completely private and anonymous messages back and forth.

This is a basic human right that we have all been pretty stripped of, knowing our conversations with others are private and cannot be listened to.  I think a day will come when some regulation will come to hinder anonymous monetary transactions, but I would think it impossible to have truly private messaging taken away from a technology such as crypto. 
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:26:51 PM

Although I wont be using anon, without the volumes it would generate Minerals will go down to <300 sats and probably be delisted due to lack of volume before the betting features can really kick in. With such low volumes you will have two problems to solve - 1) How to keep the coin on the exchanges and maintain the required volumes and 2) how to attract enough users to create the required volume on its own. I would hate to see the coin die due to low price and volume when it had all the potential to be great due to the betting features but did not get the opportunity to shine.
Skydog

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:48:41 PM

Haha, ESC just went up in flames of being a scammer coin.
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:57:22 PM

All the noob traders are requesting Anonimity added to MIN because they assume that anon implementation is whats going to shoot the price up because thats what happened to DRK and other anon coins.

Well guess what? Min's priority is not anon. Let the devs continue to build on and improve the betting services then consider anon down the road once we have the betting system in place & polished.

Stop with the stupid anon dreams people.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:06:07 PM

All the noob traders are requesting Anonimity added to MIN because they assume that anon implementation is whats going to shoot the price up because thats what happened to DRK and other anon coins.

Well guess what? Min's priority is not anon. Let the devs continue to build on and improve the betting services then consider anon down the road once we have the betting system in place & polished.

Can you not see that at the current trend the coin will be dead before the betting system is in place and polished? How do you think volumes will be generated to keep it alive? Do you realise that thousands of new people have to be pulled in that do not currently own Minerals for the volumes to increase? If there was n active market with lots of volumes I would agree with you and say leave it. Unfortunately volumes have died down and something is needed to kick start the volumes again. Normal betting might catch on by end of Q1 in 2015. Until then someone has to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep it trading on the exchanges. In a couple of weeks price will be down to 300 sats, bots will wreak havoc and volumes will be <1 BTC. It will be on the to be removed list and people will be begging for the coin not to be removed.

J9901 I wonder who is the n00b trader that cannot see what is currently driving volume on the exchanges.
Skydog

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:08:14 PM

Dont think anybote here is still pushing for a quick pump. People are saying that the dev might need the money & motivation to continue. I am seeing nobody screaming he would dump soon. Volume is a problem too.
chinchs

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:13:07 PM

Can you not see that at the current trend the coin will be dead before the betting system is in place and polished? How do you think volumes will be generated to keep it alive? Do you realise that thousands of new people have to be pulled in that do not currently own Minerals for the volumes to increase?

J9901 I wonder who is the n00b trader that cannot see what is driving volume currently on the exchanges.

No need to be rude,  JC, I think you are right, anon is not about being rich next week, its about volume, if we can increase volume (Price will follow), we can survive until new features are available, Min was #1 on Bittrex, let's try to put it righ back where it belongs (between top 10 at least), also, if the Price goes up, any reward/prize will sound more interesting, think what could happen to those who participate in the tournament if Price goes to 300 sat, we will lose supporters and we can't afford that
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:17:13 PM

Can you not see that at the current trend the coin will be dead before the betting system is in place and polished? How do you think volumes will be generated to keep it alive? Do you realise that thousands of new people have to be pulled in that do not currently own Minerals for the volumes to increase?

J9901 I wonder who is the n00b trader that cannot see what is driving volume currently on the exchanges.

EXACTLY.......marketing 101, follow the trends pal!  Anon is HUGE right now, no matter who likes it, agrees with it or wants it.  I don't, I think in some ways it is a joke....but the market is OBVIOUSLY saying something MUCH different.  You say we are noobs, I say you know very little about marketing......it doesn't mean shit what you think or what I think man, anon is bringing value to coins that implement it, plain and simple!

Have you noticed that all the coins based on betting struggle, most have failed entirely?  I get anon is not what Min is supposed to be about, but that does not mean it should be ignored if it could be its saving grace.

I have been very quiet in this thread as I am not personally big on the betting stuff, but left a respectable post with my opinion.......that's all it was, an opinion.  I don't appreciate being called stupid or a noob for voicing my opinion, so please give a little more respect to your community members and drop the name calling.  WE are just trying to have a healthy discussion!
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:21:18 PM

Haha, ESC just went up in flames of being a scammer coin.
Wasn't this obvious from day one? 30% IPO and the escrow he used didn't bother to answer me when I asked him if he actually verifies that the "dev" doesn't participate in the IPO (which makes me assume Maidak was probably in on it).
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:22:13 PM

Here is our rough sketch of anonymity.
Still, it has some issues.

chinchs

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:29:11 PM

This means that PoS will be modified to produce %5 + the amount of coins destroyed? Sounds great
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:32:19 PM

This means that PoS will be modified to produce %5 + the amount of coins destroyed? Sounds great

Yes. But we still don`t know how to deal with gradually increasing money supply. And this is just one of many questions.

MilkyMoon

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:53:15 PM

Yes. But we still don`t know how to deal with gradually increasing money supply. And this is just one of many questions.

Anon-addition aside, what's the next major event/update that we should look forward to? New tournament on the way? In-wallet betting coming shortly?

You guys are doing a fantastic job with everything. Just curious as to what's looking to be the very next thing that you do. Thanks!

BTC: 1FpFrSurKcaXJbabZFaM7atzVCa39Lp3qN
"Oatmeal is like nature's oatmeal." - George Washington
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:19:10 AM

Good concept. What happened to the source being kept as a secret  Smiley? Is there an IRC where we can discuss such stuff. Your ideas will be much more safe.

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
bukeyi

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:30:54 AM

Looks good, but from the style of your posts about anon to me it doesn't seem you're fully invested in the whole idea. Personally i'd love to see anon implemented, but if the devs are not even believing in the whole thing, how is the whole community going to? I have no idea what to expect now, anon / no anon, new tournaments, what's going on?

It just seems the whole enthousiasm thing is missing that was there in the first 100 pages when betting was about to be implemented. You're probably super busy, but many people have offered help and advice and i haven't seen you take any.

I'd say either go for anon or don't, and if you do make some clear passionate updates in the OP, twitter etc. Now it feels like "so yeah i guess we're gonna do anon, whatever".

And how about updating that "E-sports betting test went live!" title and the Minerals website as i mentioned in a previous post? That old info is the first thing new investors will see!

Sorry for ranting, this is just what i've noticed on the forums lately as an outsider involved in a marketing environment.
chinchs

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:45:47 AM

Looks good, but from the style of your posts about anon to me it doesn't seem you're fully invested in the whole idea. Personally i'd love to see anon implemented, but if the devs are not even believing in the whole thing, how is the whole community going to? I have no idea what to expect now, anon / no anon, new tournaments, what's going on?

It just seems the whole enthousiasm thing is missing that was there in the first 100 pages when betting was about to be implemented. You're probably super busy, but many people have offered help and advice and i haven't seen you take any.

I'd say either go for anon or don't, and if you do make some clear passionate updates in the OP, twitter etc. Now it feels like "so yeah i guess we're gonna do anon, whatever".

And how about updating that "E-sports betting test went live!" title and the Minerals website as i mentioned in a previous post? That old info is the first thing new investors will see!

Sorry for ranting, this is just what i've noticed on the forums lately as an outsider involved in a marketing environment.

Anon is something adviced by comunity, so I know they are working hard on people advices (I believe they read all pages, but it will take too much time to reply all messages), they aren't sure about this anon implementation (because its complicated, not because they dont care). About the first 100 pages, dev didn't post all the time, comunity was (now you can see only a few of us posting), I guess its normal to see less activity now that price is very low. Let's wait for the news, if they can go through technical problems, we will see something good.
wakeupcall

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:40:42 AM

MineralsPR, what was done in the last few days to improve and more importantly promote the betting platform? Any progress?

shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:55:06 AM

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 09:47:10 AM

MineralsPR, what was done in the last few days to improve and more importantly promote the betting platform? Any progress?

We are currently doing transaction protection for betting service. The problem is there are certain moments when a transaction can be "chewed" by the system (for example, if you send your bet to the wallet generated for the previous betting round because you webpage was not refreshed in time - or you simply had the wrong address in the buffer) - to ensure that this will not going to happen we need to track every transaction made to the wallet associated with service and instantly (or within a small time frame) return it back to the user. The concept is fairly simple, however we found out that constant tracking eats a huge chunk of the server`s resource and we need further optimize code in order to avoid overloading when we will have significant amount of users made their bets. Those changes might be invisible from the outside, but absolutely crucial to ensure service stability and reliability.

Also, having coders on salary have its own downside - they tend to stop working on weekends.

Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: